PDA

View Full Version : Souls for Smuggler's Shiv IC

xilokix
2013-01-11, 06:56 PM
It is nearing the end of another day aboard the Jenivere as you enter into the galley for the evening meal. It has been a long journey to the land of Sargava, over a hundred days for those of you who boarded in Magnimar, and while each of you have gotten your sea-legs by now, the current threat onboard for many of you is boredom.

With little to do but watch the waters pass by, you count the days until you finally arrive at your destination, so very close now.

Rambar Terillo, the Jenivere's cook, has made his usual specialty of watery soup, and you can see that some other guests and one or two crew members are also here to take their meals. Present is Gelik Aberwhinge, the finely dressed Gnome storyteller who has been a god-send in relieving the boredom of the trip, even when he makes you the butt of his jokes, Ishirou, a somewhat rough looking human of Tian heritage, and Sasha Nevah, the young red-haired lady who seems to currently be twirling a sharp dagger around the fingers of her right hand while she eats her soup with her left, the missing pinky apparent as she holds her spoon. Not present are Aerys Mavato, the tough Half-elf woman who usually keeps to herself, and Ieana, the Varisian scholar who often continues her studies through meal times. As Rambar gets up to leave with some trays of food, he stops by Trale, the keeper of the prisoner Jask Derindi. Smiling, the ship's cook asks the elf, "If you want a proper break, I can take the criminal priest's food to him as I go to deliver meals to the rest of the ship. You work hard there sir, you deserve a break too, a chance to relax with others."

There is plenty of space and (good?) food to be had amongst the company of other's who share your hatred of travel by sea. You feel as now would be an opportune time to go around and chat before dinner.

18th Avenger
2013-01-12, 12:13 AM
Kormag Bryndlsson, one of the dwarven armsmen aboard the Jenivere, is first down onto the galley.

He walks over to Rambar with the easy step of a veteran seaman, a bowl in his hand. In spite of the less-than-flavorful or savoriness of the dish the cook was labeling out, the dwarf thanked him and sat across from Gelik. When the dwarf's duties would permit, he often sat with the gnome, exchanging tales and laughing at jokes both poor and crafted. Good company went a long way inmaking the blandest food taste better.

"We're almost there," began Kormag, taking a sip of watery soup. "Be a shame to see you go, friend." He spoke with the gruff sincerity common to his race.

xilokix
2013-01-12, 02:21 AM
Gelik stares down the dwarf across from him with an expression of dry humor upon his face.
"Ha! Hardly a shame to be away from Magnimar. Those unsavory fools don't deserve to breathe the same air as one of my stature. Then again, the fools in Eleder shant be much more intellectually endowed I'm sure. Though to be fair, wit is in short supply when angry guards chase you out of town."

Felhammer
2013-01-12, 11:33 AM
Nariadoc Hornblower

The wee lil' Halfling with sandy-blonde hair, large, warm, hazel eyes, and a chipper demeanor, saunters into the galley, grinning from ear to ear. He loved this time of the day, when the crew and passengers would gather together and be merry. Nariadoc makes sure to walk around and pat the most sullen looking folk on the back. He meanders up to the seat which has become his own little domain (as evidenced by the tomes that are laid on the seat, so that the Halfling can be at eye level with his fellows). Nariadoc bows his head and whispers a prayer to his deity (Erastil, who is known in the Cleric's homeland as Old Deadeye). "Dear Erastil, we thank you for the food we are about to consume and the jolly old company we find ourselves in right now. Amen."

Nariadoc Hornblower looks over to Trale and smiles warmly as he says, "As a Cleric of Erastil, community is one of the most important tenets of my faith. There are always those who break the rules and must be punished accordingly (especially in the rougher, less tamed regions of the world). Old Deadeye and I thank you for your service to this little community that has formed aboard this noble ship."

phiris
2013-01-12, 06:36 PM
Taking a bowl from Terillo's tray of soups, Plato downs half of it before quipping, 'excellent brew good sir, I see you've added something to the recipe' the watery stuff hardly satisfying, or filling, but it's been Plato's personal mission to improve Terillo's cooking, but primarily to get enough to eat. 'you won't mind if I have another? he added, reaching for another bowl.

xilokix
2013-01-12, 06:58 PM
The cook slaps away Plato's hand from the pot " You won't be havin' more than anybody else! Now sit down and eat before I take the back end of my ladle and beat you senseless with it!" Then shooing Plato into the seats with the others.

Trale nods silently in regards to Nariadoc, taking in between mouthfuls of food.
"About sodding right. That shiftless lout I have in the brig harasses me daily about how innocent he is. As though I'd let a merciless criminal go! The man claims that his crimes were incurred several years ago by a man who he himself worked for. Such insolence gets a man nowhere with someone like myself and I intend to see him to the gallows personally."
Trale is clearly a brutish, self-important man who takes much pride in even the simplest tasks being assigned unto him by simply speaking to him for more than a few moments.

18th Avenger
2013-01-13, 05:16 AM
Kormag sniggered. "An' I know a thing or two about wits and the lack thereof durin' chases." It helped to laugh at bitter memories.

Two more of the new passengers appeared below decks; the halfling with the sunny dispostiong garbed in the functional threads of some form of cleric and the tall human with the carriage of a professional fighter dressed in what could only be called odds and ends. The former was called upon his god, Erastil, for a simple blessing while the latter was engaged in trying to get more food from the grouchy Rambar. Kormag shook his head and wiped soup from his lips with the back of a leathery-skinned hand.

The dwarf called out to the human, whom he had remembered called himself Plato. "Ar, leave off, seajack. The one who can nudge another helping from our own Rambar Terrilo has yet to board the Jenivere." Kormag patted the bench. "Come, there be plenty of room by me an' this jokester. Mayhap you can bear the brunt of his gaffs this time." Pearly-white teeth flashed in a grin from behind the black beard.

phiris
2013-01-13, 11:25 AM
Draining the last of the bowl and raising his other in silent protest, he backed away such sustaining sustenance I know of no other, to quip and quarrel over soup water! I'd sooner shoot the cook! noticing the dwarf, Kormag? is that the gnome.. or was he? this eyepatch is next to useless! his eye wasn't quite adjusted to the light. At any rate, over there would be a better place to be 5 seconds ago, and swayed away, careful of any coming blows.

reaching the others, Plato spun around, scanned the room again, noting the passengers present before sighing, tossed his bowl on the table and removed hat and coat, then eyepatch, bundled and pocketed in his lap as he sat, stating, wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to the soup he appreciated the gnome's stories of Varisia and his travels, for it kept Plato from having to divulge much. when the gnome wasn't being the terrible audience, Plato learned much of the art of story telling. eyeing the gnome, would you watch or want to preform in a quaint satire, set in the midst of colonial revolution? lust? political intrigue with a mystical twist? I can't promise no demons, but that's how it is isn't it? Varisian perhaps, but Cheliax would pose a darker flair, and then a number of demons. he finished with a light chuckle, half listening to the gnome's reply

Plato half listened as he checked the cook's departure, he will get more soup!

18th Avenger
2013-01-13, 12:00 PM
Kormag raised an eyebrow as he watched the nattily-dressed human bob and weave towards them before taking a place. The bushy eyebrow stayed in place as he watched their new companion divest himself of hat, coat and eyepatch before turning to Gelik and suddenly putting down the proposition of a play.

The dwarf chortled again. "Ser, I know not of where you were these past few days, but Gelik Aberwhinge could bend the ear of the Wind an' the Waves hisself." Kormag made a small genuflection out the porthole, to show he meant no disrespect to the sea god. "The gnome here'd likely steal the show."

Felhammer
2013-01-13, 01:12 PM
Nariadoc

The Halfling nods as he gulps down a human-sized portion of soup. "The guilty always plead innocence, such is their way. If I may ask, what was this man found guilty of? If you are intent to see him hang, then his crimes must be severe." Quickly coming to the realization that human spoons are much too large, the Cleric decides to take his time and merely sip the soup, rather than gulp it down like a half-starved maniac. Looking around, Nariadoc takes note of each of the assembled travelers, especially the Dwarf named Kormag and the Human called Plato. The two seem to share an affinity for chatting and eating - obviously they are good folk.

xilokix
2013-01-13, 03:20 PM
The cook intently watches the bowl of soup as though not much else matters in life. Needless to say, another bowl will be quite the challenge to obtain.

Gelik scoffed arrogantly while pouring himself another bottle of some sort of liquor out of his personal effects to liven up the soup.
" I my friend have never acted much upo0n the stage, but the mere notion that it exists ensures my success there within the institution! Having once been a member of the chroniclers myself I have had my fair share of dem- I would choose the lighthearted satire."
Gelik obviously feels as though he said too much for once in his existence and is slightly apprehensive.

Trale shrugs his shoulders. He appears confused, but afraid to admit it.
"The fool commited some form of corrupted treason or something of that matter some ten years ago. My masters had only recently ascertained the location of one of their more hated political enemies, although I know it wouldn't be expected looking at that savage."

18th Avenger
2013-01-13, 11:41 PM
Kormaggave the gnome's shoulder a comradely clap. "Jes' jestin' with ye, Gelik," the dwarf rumbled pleasantly. "Real life is real life an' stories is stories. One only writes the other, is all."

The dwarf's broad and bearded face took on a thoughtful cast. "'Sides, what don't kill ye ought to make one stronger, hey?"

Felhammer
2013-01-14, 03:09 AM
Nariadoc

The Halfling's disposition sours with the talk of treason. "That is a very serious crime, one that should never - under any circumstances - be treated lightly. One must abide by the law, for without a legal code society would descend into savagery and butchery." Nariadoc hoists an over-sized, shimmering, silver holy symbol up into the sky and confidently states, "Old Deadeye's blessings upon you dear Trale. May your journeys be safe and uneventful." With a simple nod and a heartfelt smile, Nariadoc returns to sipping his soup with his human-sized spoon.

shugyosha
2013-01-14, 11:30 PM
Salis

The broad shoulder man was in no hurry to eat. The food had started out good but as they traveled farther from Cheliax it seemed they had left the flavor behind as well.

He nodded at the cook and took a bowl of watery soup. He sat down with the others and pleasantly seated himself next to the halfling. "How is everyone today?" he asked knowing the answer. "I don't know about you all but I am anxious to hit dry land."

xilokix
2013-01-15, 12:54 AM
As you all start to meander back to your quarters, one by one you slink to your knees, then falling down.

After regained consciousness the following morning, it has become apparent that the boat crashed.
Gelik, Aerys, Ishirou, Jask, and Sasha are washed up within line of sight from you all.

Felhammer
2013-01-15, 01:24 AM
Nariadoc

Tha Halfling groggily awakens, as if from a deep slumber. He peers at his surroundings, as if in a dream... "A-A beach...? B-but h-how...?" It is then, the Halfling's eyes pop open. Adrenaline courses through his veins, giving him the energy to push the haze of sleep away. He immediately looks around for all survivors. He notes the passengers and most of the crew... Save for... Save for Trale, the elf. Nariadoc casts his gaze about in all directions, attempting to find their lost friend.

Perception to find Trale: [roll0]

xilokix
2013-01-15, 03:24 AM
In response to perception.
You see Trale's mangled corpse slightly adrift. From farther away, it would seem he died of natural causes. Upon closer examination it could be assumed he was killed by an elven blade.
Of the crew that is on the shore, the entirety with the exception of the aforementioned characters have been killed before being dragged to shore from various causes from trauma to the head all the way to what would appear to be battle wounds. There is no way to tell for sure though, even with close examination.
The other survivors seem to be coming to, with Jask being the first one to regain consciousness.

18th Avenger
2013-01-15, 12:21 PM
The night passed companionably, with jokes and stories being passed back and forth among the mates who sat together. The proverbial midnight oil burned long before the crew of the Jenivere and its passengers retired for the night.

Which was very strange to Kormag when he awoke soaking wet and with the gentle thrush of waves in his ear. The dwarf got up on shaky legs and looked around, sleep-fuddled mind still trying to piece what happened.

He spied some familiar faces. Gelik, Ishirou and some of the other passengers. Kormag shook his head and hurried over to them. The first one he ran into was one of the passengers, the halfling cleric of Erastil. He moved to help her up.

"Ye alrigh'?" he asked in as gentle a tone as his gravelly voice could manage. The dwarf didn't know if it helped. "Wha' in the name of Torag an' his iron loincloth happen'd?"

phiris
2013-01-15, 12:40 PM
As much time as Plato's spent on the water, being in it was not one of his preferences, particularly fully clothed and hung over, which has been the case in more than one rude awakening. In this particular case, the salt water proved even more irritable, the sandy beach far from his familiar awakenings on riverbanks and lakeshores, and Plato was soon scurrying across the beach, trying to outrun the water soaked in his clothes. once he looked back, he got a clear view of the beach, and saw the dwarf and halfling just gain consciousness. searching for a dry patch of rock or grass, stripped off his more extraneous clothing that still remained and hurried back to the wreckage.

Perception [roll0]
Survival [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-01-15, 01:12 PM
Salis

The broad man gets up spitting sand from his mouth. Once he surveys the survivor he asks, "Is everyone okay? Does anyone need help or is in pain?"

[roll0] heal check if anyone needs it.

Wyntonian
2013-01-15, 05:06 PM
Dr. Archibald Byron

Dr. Archibald Byron kicks open the door to his quarters, a walking stick in one hand and a small bottle in the other. "What in the name of..." He looks around wildly before calming down visibly with a soft "oh". He tucks the little bottle back inside his tweed jacket before ducking back inside his room. He comes out with a leather satchel over his shoulder and a hat on his head, splashing a bit in the water over his ankles. "Hello? Is everyone all right?"

Felhammer
2013-01-15, 08:04 PM
Nariadoc

The wee lil' Halfling looks at the imposing Dwarf, "I am fine but..." Nariadoc looks off in the distance, at the battered and sad corpse of the man that was once Trale, the elven prison guard. "He was a good man, my friend. He deserved better than to die this wa..." The Cleric merely walks away from Kormag and makes his way toward the corpse fully believing the Elf had died of natural causes. As Nariadoc nears, he notices something off... Something... The Halfling kneels next to the corpse and verifies his fears, "Murder! TRALE WAS MURDERED! By an elven blade!"

18th Avenger
2013-01-16, 12:05 AM
Kormag looked up at the sounds of people calling towards them, most were passengers. One of them, whom the dwarf vaguely recalled was a doctor of some kind, had even washed up on the beach in a greater part of his cabin. The other was the solidly-built human in the armor and garments of Gorum's own. The third was the third human, Plato, who was already getting to work on salvaging supplies from the Jenivere.

"How, there!" Kormag called out to the doctor and the cleric. "Let's get the rest of the crew out of the sand and make 'em comfy!" He turned and helped the halfling to his feet before hurrying towards the next of the crew, the one called Ishirou.

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 12:09 AM
Salis

Salis nods at the suggests and begins helping the crew to their feet and to a place where they can sit and rest themselves. He will administer what first aid he can.

Wyntonian
2013-01-16, 12:54 AM
Dr. Byron aids a wounded crewmember to a drier place on the shore. "C'mon, you'll be ok. Lemme tell you, my friend, this is about the fourth-oddest situation I've ever been hung over in. Bloody Elven wine, let me tell you." He reaches into a coat pocket and pulls out a flask and passes it to them. "Here, have a drink". His eyes widen in shock as they raise the container to their lips. "Oh! My, not that one." He reaches into the other breast pocket and pulls out an identical flask. "Sorry! This one's for drinking, the other one's for..well, let's hope we don't need that one for a while." He winks conspiratorially and stands up to survey the wreckage.

Upon having sorted that out, he pulls out his map and a compass and attempts to find out where the hell they are, exactly. He'll welcome help from anyone who offers.

Know: Nature regarding the area: [roll0]. I don't imagine a map would help with that, but it's up to you.
Know: Geography regarding where we are: [roll1]. I imagine having a compass would help with this, the map bonus is already included.

xilokix
2013-01-16, 02:25 PM
Shugyosha
There isn't any healing to be done, and any crew members that I haven't named off are indeed dead, so nobody can bring them back.
Wyntonian
For the nature check, you are able to notice this island is a great deal from the mainland due to the way the smell of various breezes carry the brash smell of salt water, and in terms of using the geography check, all you can divine without the stars to guide you is that you're somewhere northeast of where your original destination was.
All of the named passengers are awake and viewing all of you with varying degrees of confusion. Jask is the first one to actually break the silence with a question.
"Does anyone know what happened at all?"

phiris
2013-01-16, 07:11 PM
Plato had got back to the crew Well, fancy that for a twist in the voyage! poor Jenivere lost! most fingers lost! Lone passengers set out forlorn, in the bitter perils of the jungle! I shall call it.. Le Heart o' Dark..est Jungle. I wonder if my notes have survived... walked off too inspect the doctor's cabin, examining the wreckage.

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 08:53 PM
Salis

"Does anyone know what happened at all?"

"Other than we are stranded here, no," he says without a hint of humor. "Once we gather what we can from the wreckage, our first order of business is food, water, and shelter. Once I prepare my spells we will have water."

Salis begins to prepare is spell for the day.

Felhammer
2013-01-16, 11:22 PM
Nariadoc

The halfling drags poor Trale's body ashore and rests it gingerly on the sand. He places a palm leaf upon the elf's body and whispers a small prayer in honor of the noble guard.

Nariadoc then looks to his companions and asks, "Is everyone alright? We lost poor Trale, seems the crash did not kill him but an elven blade. We should be worried that this island contains hostiles... The Cleric's gaze falls upon the prisoner. Eying the man for a bit, the Halfling asks, "Mister Jask, I need to know - did you have anything to do with Trale's murder? I know this seems blunt but I must rule out all possibilities."

Before Jask can respond, Nariadoc quickly looks to the others and says, "Hmm, we need supplies. I, like Salis, can call upon my god's power and conjure potable water. Thus, what we really need is food, a container to house the water and shelter. The wreckage off in yonder distance is still visible, so perhaps we should investigate."

Turning his attention back to the prisoner, the Halfling stares coldly into his eyes, "So, what is your reply to my query, Mister Jask?"

Sense motive on Jask's reply: [roll0]

Wyntonian
2013-01-16, 11:27 PM
Dr. Byron

Archibald rolls up his map and tucks it into his bag. "If anyone would care to join me, I'll be leaving in about five minutes to go look around a bit. Give me a moment to prepare and we'll be off".

With that, he finds a cleanish bit of beach and does his best to mix and prepare his reagents in a scientific manner. He grumbles something incoherent about lack of proper equipment, but anyone who looks at him can tell he's grinning on the inside.

Preparing my alchemical extracts, Cure Light Wounds and Enlarge Person. I'll go off, scout for clean water and plot hooks and see what comes up. :smallsmile:

shugyosha
2013-01-17, 12:15 AM
Salis

"Wait. We have a murder in out midst? Someone killed Trale... Jask?" he says looking straight at the man.

xilokix
2013-01-17, 12:53 AM
Jask appears slightly unnerved by the accusations but after a moment of composure realizes they are quite just.
"I didn't kill Trale, regardless of how much he deserved it. He was a boor of a man, but if I were to sink to his level it would just further incriminate me for the charges that I'm innocent against."
You can sense the sincerity in Jask's words.

shugyosha
2013-01-17, 01:03 AM
Salis

"We're you locked in the brig? How did you make it to shore?"

Felhammer
2013-01-17, 01:45 AM
Nariadoc

The Halfling Cleric nods in agreement with Salis' line of questioning, "Yes, you were locked away, solid and tight. Though I would never wish a drowning upon any man, even a prisoner, it is very curious that you find yourself amongst us upon this beach... Very curious indeed."

18th Avenger
2013-01-18, 05:25 AM
Kormag helped pull the remaining members of the crew to a shady spot close to close to Dr. Byron's area of work. Every now and again, as he roused them to consciousness, the dwarf would look in the doctor's direction with a quizzical, if not outright worried, look on his face.

Finally, when he was certain they were alright, Kormag went over to the doctor's side and coughed. "Need help, Doctor?"

xilokix
2013-01-18, 09:01 PM
Jask turned his head quizzically before informing those around of the situation.
"I'm not quite sure. I was only locked in a cabin downstairs, well, not even locked. That brute threatened to hang me in front of the entire crew if I even wandered from the room, then throw what was left to the sharks. I woke up as confused as the rest of you are."
At that moment Aerys cut in on Jask's story.
"It was the first mate Alton. After the Captain lunged at him for implying that Varisian "Scholar" Ieana poisoned his mind and incited a riot. She pulled out a sword and ran many through, including your friend Trale there before she and Captain Kovack dove from the ship before its demise. I would have done the same, but something hit me before I could get out. I remember Alton carrying me to shore as I came to and from. He made it seem like he was scouring the remains of the ship for survivors if I had to take a guess."

shugyosha
2013-01-18, 09:14 PM
Salis

"Well that does explain it," he says with a grimace.

Was he telling the truth?
[roll0] sense motive

"Why don't the bunch of you scavenge what you can from the ship and build us a make shift shelter. Pull down some planks and a wall and make something that will keep out most of the wind and rain for now. The rest of us can explore, many find us some food."

Wyntonian
2013-01-18, 09:18 PM
Finally, when he was certain they were alright, Kormag went over to the doctor's side and coughed. "Need help, Doctor?"

Dr. Byron finishes the last of his alchemical formulae, gives it a brisk shake and tucks it into his pocket. "Just finished, actually. How is everyone? I wish I were a medical doctor, then I could be of some real help." His face shows concern.

Felhammer
2013-01-20, 03:05 PM
Nariadoc

The Halfling sighs, "Very well then. Now that Mr. Jask has been cleared, we must turn our attention to other matters. We need food, we need shelter and we need to explore our environs. I propose Plato, Salis, Kormag, the good Doctor and myself go off and explore the island a bit, while the others scavenge for supplies and construct a shelter. When we return, we shall bury our dead and work out what to do next."

xilokix
2013-01-20, 08:28 PM
As you all gather yourselves, Aerys once again mentions that its worth noting that Anton, the first mate was commuting between the ship and shore, and was likely there. None of the others have much idea what to do, but Ishirou suggests that your fate may be linked with tracking down the woman who caused all this mischief, who is likely further inland.

18th Avenger
2013-01-21, 09:29 AM
"Looks like we got our chance to help out, doctor." Kormag grunted as he waved the rest of the passengers, the halfling and the other humans over. The dwarf man-at-arms knelt next to Ishirou, whom he had lain on the shadier side.

"What are you talking about, Ishirou?"

xilokix
2013-01-21, 09:07 PM
(OOC. Guys. all passengers washed up I didn't list are deceased, and Anton isn't even there avenger.)

shugyosha
2013-01-21, 09:15 PM
Salis

Grabbing a waterskin and slinging it over his shoulder he shouts, "Let's go see what's out htere."

Felhammer
2013-01-21, 10:04 PM
Nariadoc

The Halfling straightens his clothing and tightens the draw strings on his backpack. He smiles at Salis and says, "I too am ready for adventure."

Wyntonian
2013-01-21, 10:12 PM
Dr. Byron backs his satchel and slings it over his shoulder. "As am I. Shall we?"

xilokix
2013-01-22, 09:28 AM
Ishirou recants that the varisian "scholar" Ieana is to blame for the crash as she enthralled the captain and turned him against the crew. He claims to have seen the two on a lifeboat leaving the ship and coming to the island after she stabbed Anton and a few others onboard before retreating. Following her and djing where her malintent leads could help get you all unstranded.

shugyosha
2013-01-22, 11:35 AM
Salis

Salis begins to trek into the island's canopy, looking for food, shelter, and answers.

18th Avenger
2013-01-22, 11:45 AM
Kormag nodded.

"Well, there ye have it, mess mates. We find our errant scholar and get the straight of this matter." The dwarf gave the passengers a broken-toothed grin before jerking his head and gesturing that they follow Salis. "First, we ought to start by gettin' our bearings afore we make our way inland."

Rolling Knowledge (Geography) to find our bearings and get an idea on what's to expect inland

[roll0]

xilokix
2013-01-22, 11:25 PM
Avenger
The check reveals you're facing west and can travel inward. Not much else.

phiris
2013-01-23, 10:47 AM
Plato had been absent for much of the interrogation, having already been assembling his gear and checking for damage. His armor was stiff, and he kept it unbuttoned, shaking sand off it, he strapped sword and whip to his waist, checking again for any extra canteens in his bag before stowing the one in hand to a sash thrown over his shoulder. Let's be off gentlemen! Onwards and upwards eh? Plato follows Salis, moving about in search of any trails or tracks in the foliage
Survival: [roll0]

Felhammer
2013-01-23, 11:05 AM
Nariadoc

The Halfling keeps pace with his allies and keeps his eyes peeled for danger.

Perception [roll0]

18th Avenger
2013-01-23, 01:57 PM
He gave his erstwhile companions a sheepish grin. "In all honesty, I have no inkling of where we be." Kormag confessed. "But as me da once said, 'if'n doubt, follo' yer feet and keep movin' for'ard'."

The dwarf nodded, stepping over some undergrowth carefully as they made their way into the jungle. "Good advice, if I do say so me'self."

xilokix
2013-01-25, 11:14 AM
Phiris
You notice a variety of footprints of humanoid origin, but cannot discern the elf's from the other sets, though many do appear to not be wearing any footgear. They all seem to be headed farther into the island.
Felhammer
You don't perceive any danger nearby.
Gelik and Jask then offer to come along if you'd like, or stay and establish a base camp on the beach with the others.

Wyntonian
2013-01-25, 11:15 AM
Dr. Byron will politely suggest that they stay and assemble a camp.

If we run into combat, it might be best not to have extra bodies floating around and slowing stuff down. We should be able to handle most stuff.

xilokix
2013-01-27, 04:22 PM
The survivors solemnly agree and leave you all to your own devices.

shugyosha
2013-01-27, 09:52 PM
Salis

Once they are in deep in the rain forest he takes long look at his surrounds.

[roll0] perception

18th Avenger
2013-01-29, 03:11 PM
Kormag whistled as the group carefully picked their path inlands. The dwarf didn't like the way his boots felt that infuriating combination of sandy and wet from their early traipsing about the beach.

But as they continued on, he couldn't help but feel the hairs on the back of his neck tingle. The sign that there was trouble brewing just out of sight. His thick hands carefully pulled the crossbow slung at his back into a guarded position as he checked that the bowstring and mechanism were functional.

Out loud, Kormag reminisced about the scholar who'd joined up on the Jenivere, "Ieana was a quiet sort. Kept to herself and rarely sociamalized. What by the Gozreh's trident could she gain by sendin' us to meet him face to face?"