PDA

View Full Version : My Narnia RPG (PEACH)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2013-01-11, 07:20 PM
I've been working on a Narnia tabletop RPG that uses Advanced Fighting Fantasy as a starting point. Honest feedback is welcome and appreciated.

The game is currently unfinished, but the framework is there. It cares little for balance, and has character creation that is almost entirely random. The whole thing is designed to be free-wheeling and easy to pick up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1owzhvtHJ0Znuar7dgDaGe3HdTIgk-k9Pj0gnd3xDmrE/edit#heading=h.5pcc9hnyx8od

(The link is now fixed.)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2013-01-12, 01:34 PM
The link is fixed.

Grinner
2013-01-12, 02:00 PM
A few initial observations:

A more involved character creation system is most certainly in order.
You mentioned mass combat in the comments. How much could one character actually contribute?
I do like how combat is about 50%* reliant on luck, but why have a separate mechanic for it?
As far as systems go, it's fairly standard. It would be wise to play up the influence of Narnia. Add some kind of bestiary, or even custom rules to reflect a special aspect of Narnia.

*Edit: Assuming a maxed-out combat skill. What skill is used for combat anyway? And assuming a more reasonable skill of 6 or 7, it goes down to 25%...

Edit 2: The basic conflict resolution mechanic also fails to account for a scenario where two characters attempt a skill roll in opposition to one another.