PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Fire vs. Dragonfire Inspiration

Xoroth
2013-01-12, 01:08 AM
So I'm running a game where a bard has used dragonfire inspiration on a ranger's arrows. The boss used Friendly Fire. Do the returned arrows keep the bonus from inspiration? I'm leaning on it keeping the inspiration.

Acanous
2013-01-12, 01:12 AM
If the Arrows still count as part of the ranger's attack, DFI still applies.

A good rule of thumb for DFI is to treat it like an enhancement bonus on the affected weapons. If it would still apply in that case, it still applies in this one.

Nettlekid
2013-01-12, 01:14 AM
I think it would. The valor and bravery inspired by the Bardsong were imparted onto the arrow as it was loosed from the bow, making it like an elemental comet. Nothing in the path of its flight (barring complete stop) would change that, so it would just swing around and shoot right back. So I'd vote yes. You could sort of make the argument either way, but because Friendly Fire just redirects without any alteration (you even use the attacker's attack roll, not that of the user of Friendly Fire) then all other variables are the same too.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2013-01-12, 02:28 AM
If the redirected attack hits the new target, resolve it as normal.It seems pretty straightforward to me. Resolve the attack as normal, i.e. with the DFI still on. Friendly Fire is a pretty dirty spell though. Are they hitting him with streamers next action?

Boci
2013-01-12, 03:54 AM
It seems pretty straightforward to me. Resolve the attack as normal, i.e. with the DFI still on. Friendly Fire is a pretty dirty spell though. Are they hitting him with streamers next action?

Only the 1/level version. The immediate action one is annoying, but acceptable in mid-high OP games.