PDA

View Full Version : Blood Magus Question

Chilingsworth
2013-01-12, 02:13 AM
So, I was poking arround in splatbooks, looking for a PrC to dip. I found the Complete Arcane version of Blood Magus. One of its first level abilities allows you to take a point of damage to enhance a spell, but the ability doesn't say how exactly it enhances it! I already checked the errata, but didn't see it there, either. :smalleek:

Is it actually listed anywhere? :smallconfused:

Boci
2013-01-12, 02:30 AM
The blood replaces any non-costly material component and boosts your caster level by 1.

Chilingsworth
2013-01-12, 02:35 AM
The blood replaces any non-costly material component and boosts your caster level by 1.

I actually noticed the material component replacement (I forgot that's technically a benefit because of how little attention my DM pays to material components.) Where does it mention the caster level increase?

On a slightly related note: Why does it have as its alignment restriction "Any but Lawful Good?"

Boci
2013-01-12, 02:53 AM
I actually noticed the material component replacement (I forgot that's technically a benefit because of how little attention my DM pays to material components.) Where does it mention the caster level increase?

Complete Arcana, pg. 27, 1st paragraph, 3rd line.

On a slightly related note: Why does it have as its alignment restriction "Any but Lawful Good?"

Ever since I became a fan of Zero Punctuation I'm tempted to answer any aslighment discrepancies with "Because the Ocelot got that speak in a voice only they can hear told themso".

Chilingsworth
2013-01-12, 03:14 AM
Complete Arcana, pg. 27, 1st paragraph, 3rd line.

Found it. :smallredface: Thanks.

Ever since I became a fan of Zero Punctuation I'm tempted to answer any aslighment discrepancies with "Because the Ocelot got that speak in a voice only they can hear told themso".

Heh. Sounds about right.

Answers in bold to save space. Also, did you know that if you edit a quote, it doesn't count towards the 10 character minimum?