PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] Knowledge is power...

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-03, 01:52 PM
These are all feats made for the Archivist class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3) from Heroes of Horror.

-=-

Archivist of the Masses
In addition to your studies of the darkness, you have spent time studying humanoids.
Prerequisite: Dark knowledge.
Benefit: You can use your dark knowledge on humanoids. You use Knowledge (local) for dark knowledge checks regarding this creature type.
Normal: Without this feat, a character with dark knowledge can only use that class feature on aberrations, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders, and undead.

-=-=-=-=-

Archivist of the Mind
In addition to your studies of the darkness, you have spent time studying psionic creatures.
Benefit: You can use your dark knowledge on any creature with the psionic subtype or psi-like abilities. You use Knowledge (psionics) for dark knowledge checks regarding these creatures.
Normal: Without this feat, a character with dark knowledge can only use that class feature on aberrations, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders, and undead.

-=-=-=-=-

Archivist Primordial
In addition to your studies of the darkness, you have spent time studying oozes and plants.
Benefit: You can use your dark knowledge on oozes and plants. You use Knowledge (dungeoneering) for dark knowledge checks regarding these two creature types.

-=-=-=-=-

Wild Archivist
In addition to your studies of the darkness, you have spent time studying animals and vermin.
Benefit: You can use your dark knowledge on animals and vermin. You use Knowledge (nature) for dark knowledge checks regarding these two creature types.

Goff
2006-11-04, 11:21 AM
I like them, although I do have a mild concern that "Archivist of the Masses" would have far more frequent use. For example a ranger has to seperately choose favoured enemy: humanoids (elf), (goblinoid), (orc) etc. Perhaps several feats that lump together various humaniods may be in order, say halflings, humans and goblinoids under a 'Plains' version, or dwarves, gnomes and whatever else may fit as an underground/mountainous version (forgive my vagueness, I'm afraid it's 3:20am here). That said, whilst humanoids do appear more frequently in most campaigns than most other creature types, I don't see this terribly unbalancing. All in all good feats for a cool (albiet obscure) class.

Macrovore
2006-11-07, 10:28 PM
And knowing is half the battle.

G.I. JOE!!!!

oops... sorry...couldn't resist.