PDA

View Full Version : Natural Weapon Full Attacks

Vaz
2013-01-12, 07:38 AM
Lets say I have a hypothetical creature with wings, claws, a tail which if hits lets me constrict, a bite and a horn attack. I have the option of giving it another horn attack, magic wings from a spell which can now each Wing Attack, I can get Rake, Improved Trip on a Natural Attack, Improved Grapple and an ability that lets me Constrict on any attacks that hit with my tail.

What are my full attack options here?

danzibr
2013-01-12, 07:59 AM
So what exactly are its weapons and what are its abilities?

The wings, claws, tails, bite and horn should be actual attacks.

Rake (maybe it needs Pounce for this), Improved Trip, Improved Grapple, Constrict, and even say Rend are all abilities that trigger on attacks.

I guess you'd attack in any order and do all the relevant abilities. So like pounce and you get the free rake attacks. I'm not sure the tripping while grappling would work.

EDIT: Der, that was stupid of me. Improved Grapple and Improved Trip don't trigger on attacks. Right, creatures have the feats and initiate a free grapple on certain attacks and get a free trip on certain attacks.

Urpriest
2013-01-12, 01:42 PM
While this is mildly contentious, there are rules that state that attacks must be made in order of descending attack bonus. In the case of this creature likely all natural attacks are at the same attack bonus, so you're looking at primary attacks first.

The first question to ask, then: which of these natural attacks are primary?