PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Adventures? (Leviathan-Princess-Genius Fangame Crossover Extravaganza) OOC

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-12, 10:52 AM
Yes, this is the OOC thread.

So, here I'm going to post the list of players and characters.

{table=head]Character|Splat|Type|Player
Jessica Harbridge (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479003) |Genius|Scholastic Staunen|Yuki Akuma
Jasper Gill (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=478813)|Leviathan|Abyssal Nu|ToySoldierCPlus
Joe Yamada (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=344228)|Genius|Artificer Hoffnung|ocel
Max Hopper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479093)|Genius|Rogue Grimm|Kopout
Jana Kaplam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=500046) (Transformed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=500047))|Princess|Mender of Spades|Mewthario[/table]

And here I'm going to post the list of STs.

{table]Yuki Akuma
[/table]

Yep. Post characters and such please!

Also could someone decide Faults for my Wonders? I can't exactly do it myself. .-. And anyone still needing Faults, say so.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-01-12, 12:07 PM
Jasper Gill (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=478813), Nu Leviathan. He'll speak in Navy, if it's all the same to everyone else.

ocel
2013-01-13, 01:17 AM
Joe Yamada (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=344228) present and accounted for.

To answer your other question, Yuki Akuma, may I suggest we copy and paste the results of our Faults. Once we do that, we'll look them up and see if their thematically compatible with what we've designed. If it is we keep it, if not then we'll discuss amongst ourselves what we should replace it with instead.

Would like some help with a background too.

kopout
2013-01-14, 11:03 PM
Max Hooper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479093) Rogue Grimm

Mewtarthio
2013-01-15, 01:20 AM
What's the best way to do Transformed stats in Mythweavers? Just write it under "Additional Information"?

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-15, 06:14 AM
To answer your other question, Yuki Akuma, may I suggest we copy and paste the results of our Faults. Once we do that, we'll look them up and see if their thematically compatible with what we've designed. If it is we keep it, if not then we'll discuss amongst ourselves what we should replace it with instead.

Would like some help with a background too.

I guess that works. Okay, rolling for Faults (Hammer Arm, Scaramanga Special, Mister Computer, Photonic Display):
[roll0]

What's the best way to do Transformed stats in Mythweavers? Just write it under "Additional Information"?

I guess so!

ocel
2013-01-16, 01:19 AM
Now, let's see what our li'l rule book has to say about those results:

Joe Yamada's wonders: ATH-29 Jigabachi Skafoi engine = 9 :
The wonder possesses a tediously legal quasi-intelligence and will not function outside of the proper traffic lanes. Flight plans must be filed, lane shifts must be signaled, and so on, or the wonder stalls and requires Wits + Crafts check to restart.

Integrated Armor = 2 :
The armor is vulnerable to one type of element or material, such as wood or silver. Attacks from that material pass through it and ignore Armor.

Integrated Thermo-Optical Camouflage = 2 :
The subject reverts when placed in contact with a fairly common material, such as silver or wood. The genius can spend one point of Mania per turn of contact to maintain the current form.

Jessica Harbridge's wonders:
Mister Computer = 10 : There is a special condition for using the device. This special condition applies to the target area, not the area where the device is located. Roll on the special conditions chart, below.

Photonic Touch Display = 1 :
A certain common sound, word, sight, or thought (a dog barking; a tree; boredom) causes the communication link to shut down, forcing a reboot that takes 1-10 turns.

Photonic Hammer Arm = 7 :
The weapon is fragile. (See that variable, Page 150.) If it is already fragile, it causes the listed damage in explosive force within five feet, with a secondary blast radius of ten feet.

Scaramanga Special = 5 :
The weapon backlashes, causing one Health level of Bashing damage to the user every time it is used. Armor does not protect.

I'm not sure what material/condition would cause these reactions, but we can figure that out later. To resolve this issue, might I suggest subsection-Special Conditions, found on page 268?

Addendum: Oh! I almost forgot Max Hooper's faults, but I can't seem to think of anything that would do, do you?

Mewtarthio
2013-01-16, 08:02 PM
Jana's ready now. I didn't like how putting Tranformed stats separate from regular stats looked, so I went and drew up two sheets: Here's her mundane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=500046) self, and here's her as a Hopeful (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=500047). Backstory's on the first sheet; I'll write about her Blossoming and her life as a Noble on the second sheet after dinner.

ocel
2013-01-21, 04:02 AM
Well then, is everyone accounted for?

Mewtarthio
2013-01-21, 11:57 PM
Five players seems like a decent number to me.

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-22, 05:15 AM
Okay, looks like we're ready to go! I'll post the IC thread when I get home (on my phone right now). We can probably assume that the members of the same splats, at least, already know each other? So, uh, just the Geniuses, then?

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-01-22, 08:19 AM
Welp, I feel like an outsider. Then again, Leviathan, so I think that comes with the territory. Ready when you are.

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-22, 09:43 AM
...Kopout could you write out your Wonders listing their variables and stuff?

The healing Wonder is faultless, right? So I'll roll for the faults for your other Wonders:

[roll0] First is the stun gun, second is the forcefield.

(Sorry for being so disaorganised and stuff. .-.)

kopout
2013-01-22, 02:48 PM
Sorry I haven't been active will post wounders latter at school now

Internal Cellular Repair Gland:

Construction: Medicine
Requires: Exelixi ●
Bound Mania: 1
Size: 0 (internal)
Core modifier: -1
Cost per Use: 1 Mania per level of Lethal damage or two levels of Bashing damage healed
Range: Self
Roll: Dexterity + Medicine -1
Variables: Internalized, Self Only

An off the shelf wonder, such a good and simple idea that many people can arive at it independently

Stun ray

Rank 2
Construction: Science
Requires: Katastrofi ●●
Bound Mania: 2
Size: 2 (Pistol & Belt Pouch)
Cost per Use: 1 Mania per charge (10 shots)
Damage: 5 (bashing, neural)
Range: short 20 yards, medium 40 yards, long 80 yards
Roll: Dexterity + firearms+4 (9 again)
Variables: Knockdown

A "Tesla" type ray gun thing attached with a cord like from an old phone to a belt mounted power pack
(do I need to make this rank 2 to benefit from the 9 again thing?)

Anti-bullet field

Construction: Science
Requires: Prostasia ●●
Bound Mania: 2
Size: 2
Cost per Use: 0 Mania
Range: Self
Roll: NA
Armor:3
Variables: Bullet proof, Ballistic/General rating 4 ballistic/2 general

What I finally settled on for armor, a small and easily hidden generator that produces a field that slows down projectiles as the approach.

So, because of flaws my stun gun only deals 4 bashing and my shield requires 2 mania per minute.

I may go ahead and scrap the shield and try again, after all I have 2 unused roles for just such an occasion

Mewtarthio
2013-01-22, 09:05 PM
Welp, I feel like an outsider. Then again, Leviathan, so I think that comes with the territory.

No worries! You can hang out with me on the Island of Misfit Splats!

So, if the Geniuses know each other, is anyone willing to be a contact for either of us? I basically took Allies (Machine Embassy) to represent the sort of friends that could arrange something like that for Jana. ToySoldier, want to have our characters know each other? As I alluded in the recruitment thread, Jana would be very interested in studying the Wake; I could say that she ran into one of your Beloved and traced him back to you.

kopout
2013-01-22, 09:51 PM
maybey Max knows him somehow because of their similar intrests?

rebuilding the shield generator

[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10]

and a fault

[roll11]

kopout
2013-01-22, 09:53 PM
Reroling tens
might not need a fault:smallbiggrin:
[roll0][roll1]

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-01-22, 09:53 PM
That sounds valid. Perhaps someone who was exposed to the Wake and reacted strongly, convincing Jasper to move on more quickly than he might have liked. The Beloved in question is probably out of the spell by now, but it does provide a decent excuse to have the two know one another.

kopout
2013-01-22, 09:56 PM
Sorry ToySoldier this sentance was for you and it got lost in the shuffle

maybey Max knows him somehow because of their similar intrests?

Anyway, I'm binding two extra mania to have the sheild generator mark2 be flawles:smallbiggrin:

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-24, 10:36 AM
Welp. Here's the IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14585566). Apologies for lateness and lameness.

Also, seriously, no one is offering to take the ST reigns later? I can't just run the game by myself!

Patient RFM
2013-01-24, 01:32 PM
Hi! I know I'm posting this kind of late (can't believe I somehow missed the recruitment thread ;_;), but would it still be okay if I joined? I've already got a finished Genius sheet and written Wonders I can roll ASAP, so I wouldn't hold up the game. I would be willing to help with STing too.

I took points in Lab Space and Equipment. Say yes and get free CANDY SCIENCE! Oh, and don't mind my assassin avatar. He's just mad because he stubbed his toe.

Mewtarthio
2013-01-24, 04:06 PM
If you need another ST, I'll give it a shot.

As for the IC thread, Jana will have done her research on this guy and his claims, so I'm rolling her Int + Occult (with a specialty bonus for psychic phenomena) to see if she shows up knowing anything:

[roll0]

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-25, 12:15 PM
Welp, you apparently haven't been able to figure out anything!

And yes, Patient. It's too late. We've already started and we have enough Geniuses as it is.

ocel
2013-01-25, 02:36 PM
And yes, Patient. It's too late. We've already started and we have enough Geniuses as it is.

I don't see the harm in recruiting him, but if this is your decision, might I suggest we put him on reserve in case one of our own drops out?

Patient RFM
2013-01-25, 02:55 PM
Welp, you apparently haven't been able to figure out anything!

Darn! This game looked really fun. :P I would happily take a reserve spot, though, or even still join if the game suddenly requires a Hoffnung team-coordinator/glorious champion of the robotic working class/sixth player.

Mewtarthio
2013-01-26, 04:14 PM
I'm assuming there's no time pressure, so there's no need to bother rolling to Transform. She's wearing the Barrier Jacket but none of the rest of her Regalia, by the way.

Wits + Empathy to get a "read" on Jessica:

[roll0]

Mewtarthio
2013-01-26, 04:15 PM
Rerolling the 10:

[roll0]

ocel
2013-01-27, 05:11 PM
Rolling a perception check in case there's anyone else following us:
3 (Wits) + 2 (Composure) = 5 Roll= [roll0]

ocel
2013-01-28, 10:10 PM
May we roll Investigation or some other skill to discern what Bardo, we're in?
1 (Investigation) + 3 (Intelligence or Wits) [roll0]

Mewtarthio
2013-01-28, 11:11 PM
With due respect to Ms. Harbridge, Jana will be applying Acqua to her Transformation roll to re-apply her Barrier Jacket with Armor 3:

Transformation (Belief + Inner Light): [roll0]

kopout
2013-01-29, 06:12 PM
Roling wits pluse insperation (-2 becuase no touching) to know wether Jana's a mane or not (IC of course).
[roll0][roll1]

ocel
2013-01-31, 01:33 PM
Anyone else want to roll something while we wait for our gm to return, or no? Also, does anyone know where he is? He seems to have been offline for a few days. Should we plan for a substitute just in case? I recall mentioning the campfire storytelling system in the recruitment thread, but I can't tell if it is only per chapter/scene. Even if it is or isn't, we should reserve this rule for emergencies as well.

kopout
2013-01-31, 02:15 PM
I thought it was just evry chapter but I could be wrong. Not that it would help much in this instance because Yuki Akuma's charicter is curently the driving force of the group :smallfrown:

reroling that ten cause I can
[roll0]

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-01-31, 02:20 PM
Meh, I'm fine with waiting for Yuki to get back. And I think the idea was to trade off the reigns after an individual chapter/episode.

Mewtarthio
2013-01-31, 04:15 PM
I thought it was just evry chapter but I could be wrong. Not that it would help much in this instance because Yuki Akuma's charicter is curently the driving force of the group :smallfrown:

Once per chapter is the impression I got. Or whenever the GM wants to take a break. I have to agree that it would be bad form to hijack Yuki's plot and character without his consent. For future reference, if the ST needs to take a hiatus, he should PM some brief notes to someone else who can take the reigns; for now, though, I don't think we can proceed without Yuki.

I guess we could cut to a flashback or something? Except neither Jana nor Jasper knows anyone besides each other, so they're kind of left out in the cold.

kopout
2013-01-31, 06:43 PM
Flash back to Jana and Jasper first meeting? The Old Colabrative involved Jessica so doing that without Yuki wouldn't be a good idea.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-01-31, 10:35 PM
This is... acceptable to me, though it would break the narrative a bit.

Mewtarthio
2013-02-01, 12:04 AM
The Old Colabrative involved Jessica so doing that without Yuki wouldn't be a good idea.

"The Storyteller has been kidnapped by ninja manes! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the Storyteller?"?

Anyway, the point is for everyone to have something to do; if all the Geniuses are twiddling their thumbs while Toy Soldier and I chat, it kind of defeats the point. Splitting into two groups is fine with me, so long as both groups are still active.

ocel
2013-02-02, 11:08 PM
Then it's agreed. May our Princess'n'Leviathan please post a flashback of their first meeting, while we Genii decide the topic of ours? I recall one of us suggesting something similar to the other two, but I can't seem to find that post, anyone care to find and quote it?

kopout
2013-02-03, 01:35 PM
As I said before, without Yuki it would be hard to a flash back tot he colabrative. That said mayby individual flashbacks to our catalizations?

Mewtarthio
2013-02-03, 01:58 PM
Alright. ToySoldier, since Jasper's "condition" sparked the meeting, do you want to start?

ocel
2013-02-04, 12:19 PM
As I said before, without Yuki it would be hard to a flash back tot he colabrative. That said mayby individual flashbacks to our catalizations?
Alright with me if it is with everyone else.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-02-05, 01:34 PM
Alright. ToySoldier, since Jasper's "condition" sparked the meeting, do you want to start?
Uh, sure, I guess. How are we denoting flashbacks vs. regular game text? Are we just prefacing the flashback posts with FLASHBACK or something?

Mewtarthio
2013-02-05, 03:06 PM
Spoiler boxes, maybe?

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-02-05, 03:26 PM
I guess that'll work. Okay, give me a little bit to come up with an intro to the flashback.

Mewtarthio
2013-02-06, 12:52 AM
Alright, feel free to either show up or take control of Amanda as you see fit. I figure we can share control of NPCs, but I wanted to see your interpretation of the Wake before I started a proper dialog with Amanda.

Mewtarthio
2013-02-06, 06:43 PM
Not sure if we're rolling in the flashbacks. If we do need a roll, though, you know what Amanda's Composure is, so you can go ahead and roll Jana's Transformed Presence + Empathy (9 dice) minus Amanda's Composure for Bath of Souls. That charm suppresses a single active derangement (or all derangements on 5+ successes) for the rest of a scene. No idea how it interacts with the Wake (I'd lean towards the Wake not being affected, since it isn't a derangement, but it's susceptible to mundane psychotherapy, so you could argue either way), which means you get to establish precedent.

ocel
2013-02-06, 07:06 PM
I'm pretty sure y'all can roll without gm supervision. Last I checked 8,9 and 10 are considered successes. You reroll the ten, and apply an appropriate penalty to circumstances beyond your control. For example, 3 or five dice are subtracted from the total of an athletics check to walk across a tightrope at a dangerous height.

Addendum: Anytime you geniuses want to jump in would be grand. If not then I'll send mine tomorrow.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-02-06, 07:11 PM
That's hilarious. In the process of creating a Beloved, the target actually develops a derangement that goes when either A) the target loses all of the Beloved points it has accrued, usually from no longer being exposed to the Leviathan, or B) when the target is fully affected b the Wake. Because Amanda is fully a Beloved now, she doesn't actually have any derangements. I don't think Bath of Souls would have any meaningful effect on the Wake.

In order to expedite things (and because I have absolutely no concept of Amanda's stats beyond size 5 because she's human), I'd say not rolling would likely be preferable. We're telling a flashback, somewhat like a prelude, and you don't normally roll in those. As long as our characters aren't planning on coming to blows, we should probably just assume that what we try works, unless it explicitly wouldn't according to the rules, or it would make for a better story for the thing to not work.

ocel
2013-02-08, 07:20 PM
Even so, I'd advise the following should we change our mind: Rely on the relevant splat for said npc's character sheet, with a minor detail or two changed. If none is available, then simply assume that every npc has two dots invested in all attributes, one for each skill except those their unlikely to know. This can be easily adjusted for those with specific archetypes. For example, a mechanic would have three dots in crafts and science, maybe two in investigation, et cetera. This has no effect on their character traits, except mechanical, of course.

ocel
2013-02-10, 02:25 AM
My area got hit by a heavy snowstorm, hence the delay for this post. Speaking of which, I'm about to post again in the ic thread, but before I do, may I include Jiro Yamada as a side character to your flashback? Also, we should look for a replacement gm soon. Then again, we're doing pretty well by ourselves, so your decision.

kopout
2013-02-12, 12:40 AM
Arn't you playing Jiro Yamada?

ocel
2013-02-12, 12:53 AM
Yes I am, kopout. I meant to ask whether we could include our characters in Mewtarthio and ToySoldierCPlus flashback after the bit involving our catalyst/transcendence into genius-hood. Speaking of which, will we see yours anytime soon?

kopout
2013-02-12, 12:57 AM
Ah, ok sorry about that. I had planed for max to catalize as a grad student affter a whole week of bad days, maybe with the final tringer being somthing relitivly mundane. I don't realy have an ishue as long as it's just a small thing.

ocel
2013-02-12, 01:07 AM
Alright, anything else you wish to outline before proceeding? If not then, I'd advise you to write it down and send it to the ic thread, post haste.

kopout
2013-02-12, 08:11 PM
First part is up. This is a few days befor the actual catilization, I'm trying to take a page from Narbonic for how the litle naging thoughts of madness are in a special font. I can change it if it bothers anyone.

ocel
2013-02-14, 11:20 AM
Looks good so far, Kopout. Hope to see the rest of it soon.

Is it safe to assume that ToySoldierCPlus will be done with his post as well?

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-02-14, 11:31 AM
Working on it. I'm questioning whether I want to have Jasper arrive before Jana leaves, or wait until after she's gone and drag out the process of the two meeting and building up to their sudden but inevitable confrontation.

ocel
2013-02-15, 12:48 AM
Hmm... good question, ToySoldierCPlus. Which do you believe is more dramatic for the scene in question? Perhaps Mewtarthio can help us in this endeavor, for I too appear to be having a bit of writers block as well.

Mewtarthio
2013-02-16, 11:58 AM
Working on it. I'm questioning whether I want to have Jasper arrive before Jana leaves, or wait until after she's gone and drag out the process of the two meeting and building up to their sudden but inevitable confrontation.

Jana's had all the screentime so far, so I won't mind if you want me to take over an NPC for a bit.

kopout
2013-02-18, 07:55 PM
I hope noone is waiting for me to post becuase I've been waiting for someone else to go so I dont double post.

ocel
2013-02-19, 02:58 AM
Yes, I too expected ToySoldierCPlus to post by now. I wouldn't worry about making the occasional double post every now and then, kopout. But if your still concerned, may I suggest you offer a npc position to one of our fellow pcs?

ocel
2013-02-23, 06:50 PM
Now, kopout,is there anything else? If not, then I see no reason to delay our collaboration. Of course, I ask the same the same question to everyone else as well.

kopout
2013-02-25, 10:01 PM
Go for it.

kopout
2013-02-28, 11:45 PM
Its's been a mounth, I think we may need to seek another GM

ocel
2013-03-09, 12:08 AM
Yes, I'll admit it has been sometime since we've had a gm on our team. Ah, but we've done pretty well by ourselves, haven't we? Even so, I'm not against finding a replacement if everyone else is okay with it.

Edit: Hmm... odd. I expected at least one of you to reply by now at least.

Mewtarthio
2013-03-09, 10:00 PM
Well, I don't have any objections, myself.

ocel
2013-03-20, 01:55 AM
Very well, but who among us will volunteer for the task at hand? We need someone to write up the recruitment thread along with a recap of everything that's happened.

Edit: Haven't heard from y'all in awhile. Hope to get an answer from someone soon.

kopout
2013-03-21, 08:04 PM
Sorry, I've had my handsfull with real life things. I'm not sure how good of a curator I would be for a new recrutment threed but if no one else will post it I will.

ocel
2013-04-02, 11:58 AM
Please do so at your earliest convenience, kopout. On an unrelated note, ToySoldierCPlus, your expected to post in our ic thread. While your doing that, could you substitute gm for Kopout, please? Lemme know if y'all need my help as well.

Edit: Already sent a pm to the others but haven't read a reply or post from either. I guess they've lost interest or something. Too bad. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

reaperfrost8
2013-10-22, 06:34 PM
I could join you guys unless all of you are done with this