PDA

View Full Version : [PF+3.X] Burrow instead of Flying

Darius Kane
2013-01-12, 01:42 PM
I want to give a Half-Dragon character Burrow instead of Flying. Flying has a speed of double the land speed of the creature. Would the same speed be appropriate for Burrow or should I make it less/more?

Darius Kane
2013-01-13, 12:46 PM
Nothing? :smallconfused:

Jeraa
2013-01-13, 12:50 PM
The true dragons (at least the ones from the first Monster Manual) that can burrow all have burrow speeds equal to half their land speed. So that should probably apply to half-dragons with burrow as well.

Other monsters tend to have burrow speeds less then half their land speed, though some have burrow speeds higher then that.

WhatBigTeeth
2013-01-13, 12:54 PM
Most monsters burrow at 10-20 ft per move.

The burrow spell is notably fast for hitting 30.

If you set it even just at land speed, the half dragon would be notably fast for the mobility mode, unlike its normal flight.

But it's a half dragon we're talking about, so go ahead. Give it something special.

ericgrau
2013-01-13, 02:45 PM
This could be thematic for a half-blue dragon, since blue dragons burrow in sand. I would make the speed slow to match other burrows, but bear in mind it has to be as good as flight.

At 20-30 feet speed to keep up with the party it would be very handy because you can open the fight behind the enemy squishy and hit his flat-footed AC. Even better on a half-dragon rogue.