PDA

View Full Version : The Halls Of Undermountain

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-12, 02:02 PM
THE HALLS OF UNDERMOUNTAIN

---

"Arriving at the mountain with his seven apprentices, the one known as Halaster, the Blackcloak, claimed it for his domain. He then summoned creatures from beyond the world, demons and other Outsiders, to serve him and build his towers. And so the seeds of his fortress were planted, from which roots would run deep."

---

"I GOT TEN SILVERS SAYS THEY WON'T MAKE IT!"

The taproom bustles around you with activity. You are in the Yawning Portal, widely famous and historic tavern and inn in the northern city-state of Waterdeep. At least a dozen people peer into the massive well-like structure that dominates the center of the floor.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_rw9Z8_RfLc/T7aqjZXSh4I/AAAAAAAAAJI/AvKBBzDuu8w/s1600/14.jpg

Next to it, a powerfully built human works a winch attached to a thick rope that plunges into the well from a pulley above it. A moment later, his massive arms relax.

A barely audible voice echoes up, "All clear down here!" A few tavern bystanders sigh with relief as others jovially shout, slosh their ales, and exchange a couple of coins.

It begins! Your characters have arrived at the Yawning Portal, widely known for being the most accessible entrance to the sprawling Undermountain complex. WHAT DO THEY DO?

SonicBanana16
2013-01-14, 05:04 PM
Grog carefully examines the room for spoons, including any spoons people may currently be using.

Do I roll anything?

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-14, 07:56 PM
For searching for stuff, roll a Perception check (roll a twenty-sided die and add your Perception modifier, listed under your skills on your sheet.

Example: Perception:13 + 3 = 16

If you are without physical dice you can use an online tool like http://dicelog.com/dice

annalas
2013-01-14, 08:19 PM
Althea walks into the room, looking around at the riffraff around her. She is currently on assignment pretending to be a barmaid, because what better way to get useful pieces of information than to pretend to be a dumb broad serving ale? Althea attempts to glean any information on what's going on with the well, especially, as she serves ale.

8(1d20) + 6(Perception modifier) = 14

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-14, 08:59 PM
Althea can see that the patrons around the well are engaged in this establishment's peculiar pastime: seeing off a band of dungeon delvers with cheers, a round of ale, and of course, wagers on the likelihood of their survival. Since Durnan, the brawny owner of the Portal, is currently retracting the well's winch, she can infer that the latest adventurers to descend have just reached the bottom of the shaft.

A nearby dwarf with a swill-sodden beard hiccups and signals to Althea for another round.

SonicBanana16
2013-01-15, 08:06 PM
"Yes, that's nice and all but where are the spoons?" - Grog

roll d20 = 13 + PER 8 = 21

"Where the spoons, where the spoons, where the spoons at?" - DMX

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-15, 08:36 PM
Grog spies a recently vacated table on which are four silver spoons encrusted with some kind of stew.

Durnan finishes retracting the well winch. "Sheesh, they was a heavy lot," he mutters.

SonicBanana16
2013-01-16, 02:08 PM
Grog excuses himself from his conversation and makes his way toward the spoons. He tries to take them when no one is looking, and then casually peers into the well-like structure in the center of the room.

Thievery!

d20 = (19) :D + Thievery (+3)= 22

I think I did that right.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-16, 09:02 PM
Grog deftly filches the spoons without anyone being the wiser.

The stone well shaft looks about 40 feet in diameter and plunges at least a dozen stories straight down. Grog can see a few bright specks of torchlight bobbing slightly in the blackness at the bottom.

Munnin78
2013-01-18, 01:18 PM
Sarala watches the room, swirling the water in her glass. The bartender had looked at her strangely, as most of his patrons ordered ale, but she didn't drink spirits of any kind.

She glanced around the room, looking for people to ask about what was happening to this city and perhaps for some adventurers to help her along.

Perception check: Roll 2+ Skill 11= 13 to search for fellow adventurers to assist me.

annalas
2013-01-19, 02:13 PM
Althea serves the dwarf his ale before looking around the room for another customer. She then approaches sets to washing down the empty tables next to a group of customers and not too far from Durnan, trying to see if they know anything about the well or what's at the bottom.

Roll=18 + PER 6 = 24

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-19, 08:38 PM
The only people with obvious adventuring experience disappeared down the well shaft moments ago. Out of those remaining in the room, Sarala can see the following figures:

In a booth a man in armor scribbles in a notebook and mutters out loud to himself. On his breastplate is an insignia of a moon rising over a lake.

At the bar sits a scarred dwarf with a battle axe beside him. He could be a fighting type, if only he hadn't drank himself into unconsciousness. His beard soaks up spilled liquid.

Another dwarf in clerical vestments seems capable, but he currently seems occupied bussing a table, oddly.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-19, 09:33 PM
As she washes the tables, Althea overhears the following conversation:

"Oy Stannoc, that bunch looked pretty tough," says a man with a greying moustache, rubbing a coin. "What odds do I get if I bet they'll be back?"

A wizened halfling man peppered with freckles answers without looking up fron the coins he's stacking. "You'd be in the minority, Slim. Eight-to-one on returning."

Slim fumbles his coin. "That much? I just got back from sailing to Amn! What the hells has been going on down there?"

Stannoc frowns and glances around briefly. "Now don't spread this around too much, you'll ruin the good mood." He lowers his voice. "There's been attacks. Everyone knows the mountain is dangerous, but for the past ten days, they've been more frequent. More ferocious. Two days ago, a lad was killed before he even let go of the rope!"

"Gods, man." Slim's coin is returned to his pocket. "What's ol' Durnan gunna do? The Portal's famous for that shaft. Maybe he should board it up?"

"Look at his eyes. He's likely losing sleep over exactly that question."

Slim shrugs and leaves Stannoc to his counting.

Munnin78
2013-01-23, 02:07 PM
Sarala makes her way to the dwarf, confused.
“Brother, it is not befitting your station to clean tables. Please allow me to help you. I am Sarala.”
Sarala notices a distinct lack of spoons for a table covered in bowls, but instead chooses to ignore that detail and stacks the bowls.

SonicBanana16
2013-01-23, 04:45 PM
"WHAT SPOONS?!?" Grog exclaims, as he quickly darts around in shock. After he realizes that Sarala is not after his spoons, Grog quickly relaxes and says, "Err, I mean, you're too kind! A thousand thanks and Pelor's blessing be upon you! Say, I don't suppose you know anyone around here who needs a cleric's services?"

Munnin78
2013-01-23, 05:05 PM
Though surprised at the outburst, Sarala keeps her face neutral and bows slightly to the dwarf.

"Brother, I am concerned by happenings in the area and I would like to investigate and do as I can to help." She glances at him again before continuing on.

"Will you join me? There is no telling what troubles await me and I would be glad to have a cleric such as yourself aid me. Pray, tell me your name Brother so that we may speak less formally."

annalas
2013-01-23, 06:19 PM
Figuring that's the end of the conversation and not wanting to look like she's spying, Althea moves on to another table that needs bussed, trying to make her way towards Durnan to gather more information without looking too suspicious. On her way, she looks down into the well, keeping her ears open to the conversation around her as she tries to see into the depths. She picks up a fork off of an empty table to drop it into the well, counting the seconds until it hits the bottom so she can attempt to determine the depth.

Roll=10 + PER 6 = 16

Ack, why would my character rather gather information than talk to other people??

octoberspirit
2013-01-23, 10:06 PM
At a table near the well, Nod darts several quick glances toward the nearest barmaid. Large groups of people make her nervous, so she's a little on-edge, but she finally musters up the courage to make eye contact and gesture for a second drink. All the shouting about spoons has worn her nerves a little, but she can't help nudging her own spoon to the edge of her table, baitlike.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-23, 11:04 PM
Althea just finishes counting to six when her ears pick up a faint metallic ping! from the darkness.

Unfortunately, her eavesdropping is thwarted as cacophonous laughter erupts from the table beside her. Some joke about lettuce and an inappropriately curious pirate.

One of the specks of torchlight at the well's bottom vanishes abruptly.

SonicBanana16
2013-01-24, 06:43 PM
"My name is Grog. But you'll have to excuse me for a moment, I, uh, forgot to tip the bartender." Grog then slunks toward the spoon on the edge of the table, and tries to grab it when the time is right.

d20 = 17 + 3 (Thievery) = 20

Munnin78
2013-01-24, 08:36 PM
Sarala follows him, keeping her distance. She doesn't intend to eavesdrop, but Grog's behaviors confuse her. For one of the clergy, he seems unusually jumpy. That, and the fact that he was heading in the opposite direction from the bartender piqued her interest.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-25, 12:25 AM
In the same instant that Grog's fingers grasp the spoon, the air is split by an agonizing scream! The clanking of metal echoes up from the well, and patrons rush to its edge.

Durnan growls and slams his fist on the well's stone rim. "To HELL with this!" He turns to hurriedly scan the room. "Are any of you adventurers? Seeking entrance to the Mountain? I don't think I can winch the rope fast enough to get you there in time to help the others, but I'm paying gold to learn what's going on down there."

Encounter time! ROLL INITIATIVE! Post your initiatives to the Facebook group to avoid cluttering up this thread. When we're in initiative mode, you'll post in a specific order (I'll remind you when it's your turn).

Because your actual positions in the world may now be significant, we'll be using the map at Roll20 for this encounter. See facebook for more instructions.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-27, 01:19 AM
Cool! Turn order is:

Althea
Nod
Sarala
Grog

Take it away, Althea!

annalas
2013-01-27, 01:52 AM
Althea hears the call and quickly sets down her barmaid gear. She makes her way over to the bar, where her adventurer's gear is stowed away (apparently a barmaid hauling around adventurer's gear would raise some eyebrows).

"I am!" she calls out as she makes her way to the bar. "I'm ready!"

She figures she can negotiate payment later.

octoberspirit
2013-01-27, 10:03 PM
Nod considers her options for a moment. She could use the gold, and the task does not seem beyond her abilities, especially if there will be other volunteers. She abandons her table--and her spoon-baiting--to venture closer. "I'll go as well."

Munnin78
2013-01-28, 08:07 AM
Sarala readjusts her gear and steps closer to the woman who had yelled out, agreeing to the request and follows the quieter woman who'd answered second.
It seemed she'd discovered a way to learn more about what her sister had warned her of as well as gaining companions to help her.

She glanced back at Grog to see if he would be following them, given that he'd originally been interested in helping her. She also wondered why he'd been attempting to take the spoon, but reserved the question for another time.

She simply nodded at her new employer, signifying her agreement to help him.

SonicBanana16
2013-01-29, 04:20 PM
"RAUGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHHGHG" screams Grog, both hands firmly grasping his warhammer, as he is in hot pursuit of his new teammate Sarala. He stops his charge abruptly in front of Durnan, to whom he shouts "BRING IT ONNNNN!!!". Grog pants heavily and waits for further instructions.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-29, 08:50 PM
Durnan eyes Althea suspiciously when she suddenly produces her equipment, and openly stares at the bellowing Grog. Then he shrugs with resignation. "Welp, come on then! Grab hold!" With a flick of his wrist he loosens the rope, revealing multiple stirrups tied along its length.

People scramble to the well's edge to shout encouragement to the adventurers below. More coins change hands, and an elderly halfling man slides up to you.

"I'm putting five-to-one odds on at least one of you not returning, or at least returning a corpse." He grins, "Care to make a wager?"

"STANNOC! NOT A GOOD TIME!" shouts Durnan.

A pretty young lass hustles out from the kitchens to help Durnan latch you onto the rope, followed by a bald, gaunt man dressed like a priest. "Wait, please! What are your names? I must know your names!" he asks with some urgency. He pulls out a quill while opening a tome.

annalas
2013-01-29, 09:35 PM
Althea dons her equipment as she answers. "I am Althea Winterborn," she claims, not bothering to use a false name.

Althea looks skeptically at the overly-loud dwarf, wondering how long he would last with a roar like that. She doesn't bother getting to know her companions at this time, since they'll most likely be dead soon enough, in her mind.

"Say, what is the reward for going down into this pit of death, anyway?" Althea attempts to bargain.

I'm guessing that's Charisma or diplomacy?
roll= 14 Charisma= 1/ diplomacy=4

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-29, 09:59 PM
Diplomacy would be appropriate for bargaining

Durnan replies, "I can promise at least 50 gold coins apiece, more if you can find out exactly what's causing these attacks."

SonicBanana16
2013-01-29, 11:37 PM
"GROGGGGGGG MCHAGGIS!!!" screams a jubilant Grog, who has both feet in the stirrups, shouting at the darkness below him.

octoberspirit
2013-01-30, 12:02 AM
"Nod," says Nod, speaking quietly to the man with the quill. "No thank you," she adds to the halfling man.

annalas
2013-01-30, 06:32 AM
Althea nods a bit, thinking the payment a little low, considering they're supposedly about to die. She knows that they should be getting to the bottom to 'save people'. Durnan already said that they would most likely be too late, though, so why not take a few more minutes to properly negoiate?

"How about 100 gold coins, double if we find out what's causing the attacks?" she inquires.

Roll 16 + Diplomacy 4 = 20

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-30, 06:49 AM
Durnan hesitates. "Er, fine. Fine! 100 a head." he grumbles. "Now go!"

SonicBanana16
2013-01-30, 03:16 PM
"ARE WE GOING TO FIGHT OR WHAT!?!" yells Grog, while fidgeting in his stirrups.

octoberspirit
2013-01-30, 05:41 PM
"I don't know that I'd go charging blindly down there like that," murmurs Nod. Although if Grog plans to be this loud and outrageous once they descend, they should have no trouble drawing out whatever has been attacking the adventurers. Perhaps they can use him to get its attention.

Munnin78
2013-01-31, 05:44 AM
Sarala grabs Grog's collar and drags him back up.

"Brother, please calm down or at least be more polite. We'd like to keep at least half of what's down there unaware of our presence." She lets him go and turns to the rest of the group, bowing slightly. "I am Sarala. I will help in any way that I can."

She watches the others, noting the calculating look on the quiet young woman's face. Nod, she reminded herself.

Althea seemed to have gotten them more gold, should they succeed. She would use the gold if she needed to improve her weapons, but otherwise, she was uninterested.

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-31, 07:19 AM
Sarala:
Sarala should roll a Strength check to see if she can lift the armored, fidgeting dwarf out of the well.

All:
Are you ready to descend?

octoberspirit
2013-01-31, 03:29 PM
We were born ready, homeskillet. B)

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-31, 06:29 PM
ROIGHT! On our way, then!

Durnan and the lass fix you to the rope and begin lowering you slowly into the well. The rough stone walls engulf you on all sides. By now the battle sounds have ceased, leaving you hanging in silence.

After about a minute, it suddenly occurs to you that you're being lowered into utter blackness. There are no torches to be seen below, and the light from the tavern above barely lets you see the upcoming floor.

octoberspirit
2013-01-31, 08:22 PM
Nod considers lighting a match in the darkness, just to get her bearings, but she decides to wait and see if one of the others might do so first. Whatever attacked the first group of adventurers is not something she wants to blindly signal her presence to. For now, she merely listens, hoping to hear anything terribly important before it can sneak up on them.

Do I roll something for the purpose of...listening better?

annalas
2013-01-31, 08:55 PM
Why didn't I bring a torch? Althea thinks to herself, as even she cannot see well in the blackness. Still, she figures that she should try to get some sense of her surroundings.

Gripping her weapon quite tightly, Althea closes her eyes and attempts to hear the sounds of anything going on below; she has every intention of snapping them open the moment her foot touches something, however.

roll= 3 + 6 perception = 9

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-31, 09:15 PM
Nod:For looking/listening/searching, use the Perception skill (roll your d20 and add whatever the +x number is next to Perception on your sheet).

Althea can vaguely make out the sound of weak breathing from somewhere in the room below.

octoberspirit
2013-01-31, 11:10 PM
Roll 7 +4 =11 perception check

SpaceHamster15
2013-01-31, 11:51 PM
Nod also hears the breathing. It doesn't really sound monstrous; in fact, it might be humanoid.

octoberspirit
2013-01-31, 11:56 PM
Satisfied for the moment that nothing of immediate danger lurks in their vicinity, Nod waves her hand and casts a light spell, illuminating the small group.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-01, 07:38 AM
The brightness from the tavern above is just a distant glow when your feet finally reach a sandy floor. Dented and rusty shields decorate the large room's walls. Prayers for mercy, curses against monsters, and other messages--written in various languages in chalk, dirt, blood, and perhaps more exotic substances--litter the wall spaces between the shields.

Of the six adventurers who preceded you into the well, three are in the room. Two appear to be dead, and the eyelids of third flutter weakly. A human, he sprawls against the northern wall, his fingers loosely holding the pommel of a sword that is jammed into what appears to be the opening of a secret door.

Music, if you're into that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vKqPRmr4ro

Also, you're in a new area on the map, scroll to the bottom-right corner to see yourselves.

Munnin78
2013-02-01, 11:26 AM
Sarala raises her hand to, hopefully, stop her teammates from rushing in. She wants to rush to the man's aid, but she stops to listen carefully to ensure their own safety.

As she looks around, listening, she adds another prayer to the Raven Queen to the string of prayers she has made already for their own safety as well as for the dead men.

Perception check: Roll 14 + Perception Skill 11= 25 --> Hunter=SEEING EVERYTHING lol

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-01, 12:26 PM
Sarala's sharp eyes spot several long trails of blood in the sand, stopping suddenly at the foot of the wall near where the wounded man lies. Apart from the blood, she can also discern well over a dozen unique footprints from the mess of tracks littering the room.

The wounded man convulses in pain and coughs, contributing an unsettling amount of blood to what's already in the sand.

Munnin78
2013-02-01, 12:36 PM
Pointing out the trail to her companions, Sarala rushes to the man's side, keeping an eye on the spot where the blood trail leads and ends mysteriously.

Grasping his hand, she asks, "Have you anything you wish to say to us?" She wipes some of the blood away with a spare handkerchief she carries and waits for him to speak.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-01, 12:48 PM
The man's head lolls towards his shoulder as Sarala speaks. It seems he is unresponsive in his current state. His injuries seem quite severe; it is not difficult to imagine that whatever attacked his group mistook him for already dead.

octoberspirit
2013-02-01, 08:41 PM
"Dead end," murmurs Nod. For a moment, it sounds like a rather inappropriate joke, but she is actually creeping along the blood trail her companion has pointed out, inspecting its sudden end at the wall. By the glow of the light spell, she looks at the place where the dying man's sword is jammed into the wall. A door of some sort? She touches the wall around the sword, trying to determine how such a door might be opened.

Perception roll 11+4=15

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-01, 09:44 PM
A five-foot-wide section of the wall to the left of the sword glides easily open and closed under Nod's probing touch, as if on a track. She feels a slight draft whistling into the opening before her.

octoberspirit
2013-02-02, 12:23 AM
She glances back at the rest of the group, taking one step away from the door. She raises one eyebrow as if to ask, well? Although she's not entirely sure they've noticed, given the dying man at their feet.

Munnin78
2013-02-02, 01:53 AM
Sarala nods to...Nod. She'd smile at her inner thoughts were it not for the man dying. She glances to Grog in hopes that he might say a more elegant prayer for the man than she could. She sends up more prayers to the Raven Queen, that she might ease his pain.

Standing aside, Sarala moves next to Nod, lightly putting her hand on her shoulder, in a silent way of assuring her she's paying attention, and glances in the doorway. She sees better in the dark and tries to see if she can see or hear anything beyond it. Something to make her feel more useful since she cannot help the poor man.

Roll 20 + 11 Perception Skill = X RAY VISION (31) For serious though, I'm pretty sure I can see sound now. lol

annalas
2013-02-02, 10:53 AM
Althea opens her eyes as she hits the floor, looking around with the others. She clutches her sword tightly as she takes a few steps out of the circle, makes her way towards the corpses. She squats down beside the first one, trying to ascertain what killed him…or at least how he died.

Roll 17 + Perception 4 + Low-light vision = 21?

Do I get a modifier for low light vision? Can't remember.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-02, 12:14 PM
Somehow Sarala is able to use the sound waves from whispering her prayer to scan the hallway via echolocation, revealing that it is a single twisting passage 170 feet long with mold on the ceiling, a blood trail on the floor, and containing 14 individual spiders.

Althea:You do get a bonus but I'll account for it on my end

Althea's examination uncovers that the bodies are riddled with puncture wounds and the occassional long gash. One corpse is missing its right arm at the elbow. All wounds have clean, consistent edges, suggesting they were made with straight, sharp blades.

annalas
2013-02-02, 12:50 PM
Are they normal sized spiders or giant ones that we should be worried about?

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-02, 03:40 PM
They're just widdle baby spiders, the kind that are weak vs boots

octoberspirit
2013-02-03, 01:01 AM
"containing 14 individual spiders" just made my night. XD

SonicBanana16
2013-02-03, 10:13 AM
Grog tries to ascertain whether or not he can heal the dying man, as he might have some totally bodacious info.

d20 = 11 + 8 = 19

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-04, 08:45 AM
Grog knows the dying man is not beyond help, though his condition seems to be rapidly worsening. He probably has a few minutes left, at most.

SonicBanana16
2013-02-04, 04:03 PM
"I'm about to heal this dude into next tuesday..." murmurs Grog as he limbers up his healing muscles.

d20 = 18 + 11 (heal) = 29

"Boomshakalaka." - Grog

annalas
2013-02-04, 05:27 PM
Althea immediately looks around for any sort of traps made of swinging blades. She also looks for anything that could trigger said traps, because that's fairly important. She figures that if she can't find anything, she could at least spot some footprints or something....maybe. She looks over at the dwarf.

"You really think that's going to help?" she asks caustically.

roll 19 + 4 perception = 23 + low light vision bonus

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-04, 08:48 PM
Grog manages to stop the man's bleeding with a few bandages. After a moment he gasps sharply and opens his eyes. At the sight of your group he scrambles for his sword but then pauses. "You're... you're not them! Ha! Haha! Thank you!" He begins to sit up to embrace the dwarf beside him but immediately winces in pain, clutching his chest.

Althea is sure that this room and the hallway (as far as she can see) are trapless. The sandy floor is a mess of dozens of footprints, some of which have been obscured by those of her own group.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-06, 11:23 AM
On the ground the wounded man fidgets uncomfortably in the sudden silence. You can see him eyeing the still-lowered rope.

The secret hallway whistles eerily from the inward draft, beckoning you.

annalas
2013-02-07, 06:40 PM
"So which one of you is brave enough to go in?" Althea asks haughtily, standing up to address the group. She personally means to ask who is stupid enough to go in first, but she certainly doesn't want to offend the very people who might be saving her in the near future. She certainly doesn't want to go in first, as she would rather be able to make a decent escape if she needs to.

SonicBanana16
2013-02-07, 08:34 PM
"Hello there almost dead guy!" says a smug Grog, happy to have proven his healing skills. "I don't suppose you remember what happened down here?"

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-07, 11:45 PM
The man on the ground speaks around pain-clenched teeth. "Rrghh... goblins it was! They streamed out of that wall, there was so many! Most of us didn't even have time to draw steel..." A fit of coughing interrupts him momentarily.

"They were waiting for us," he continues. "Somehow they knew we were coming." He rolls over as far as he can to regard the bodies on the floor. "They cut down Mina first, then Tharr and me. The other three were hauled away through the... hole.... they came.... through...." His eyelids begin to droop.

SonicBanana16
2013-02-08, 02:29 PM
"Hey man, this is no time for a nap." - Grog

Grog turns his head up toward the top of the pit.

"HEY LISTEN! WE'VE GOT A SURVIVOR! IF WE TIE HIM IN, CAN YOU LIFT HIM OUT?"

Grog stands completely still waiting for a reply.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-08, 02:40 PM
A few moments pass in silence before a faint and echoey "Yup" bounces back.

Roll a thievery check to see how well you can improvise a knot to hold his weight

SonicBanana16
2013-02-08, 03:17 PM
"THAT should do the trick!" - Grog

1d20 = 11 + 3 (THV) = 14

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-08, 04:00 PM
Grog ties an adequate knot around the man's waist, who is then slowly tugged up. As he leaves the floor the knot shifts a little, leaving the man hanging upside down and causing some coins to fall out of his pockets.

40 gold pieces!

Munnin78
2013-02-08, 05:02 PM
Sarala watches the man being pulled upwards.

"We should follow the trail of these goblins. They must be at the heart of this imbalance. Come. Since we've already checked the next room and there is no one there we should begin to investigate. Though, if these goblins were waiting for them, perhaps they set up someone nearby to detect intruders..."

Sarala's voice trails off, realizing that she's been thinking aloud again. She taps her chin, deep in thought.

"They can't be in the next room, but they may be nearby regardless. I will go first, but perhaps we should keep quiet." She props a fist on her hip and waits to see if anyone agrees with her idea, or her suggestion to enter first.

annalas
2013-02-08, 07:26 PM
Althea really hates to be ignored, and there's obvious that no one is listening to her slight taunt. She motions towards the hallway.

"Ladies first," she smirks, rethinking her position--after all, if she goes in first, she'll have the most room to maneuver. "Guess that means me."

Althea begins down the hall clutching her longsword. She is at the ready as she scans the hallway for traps or enemies...or anything out of place. She ignores the rest of the group.

roll 12 + 4 perception =16 + low light vision

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-09, 12:07 PM
Assuming you all pick up the gold (10 gp each) and follow Althea:

You follow the blood trail through several dusty corridors before coming to a halt at a worn wooden door. The only sounds apart from your footsteps are the muffled cries of pain coming from somewhere through the door and to the left.

New map on roll20!

SonicBanana16
2013-02-12, 05:40 PM
"SOMEONE'S IN TROUBLE! WE HAVE TO HELP HIM!" - Grog

Grog plows through the door with all of his might.

d20 = 11 + 3 STR = 14

"KA-POW" - Door

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-13, 12:05 AM
The unlocked, latchless door gives way to Grog's charge like a bullfighter's cape, sending him careening into the dim room.

Many gray granite statues of human warriors stand atop pedestals in two rows, facing inward. Their numbers stretch the length of this long hall. The statues' nameplates have been severely chipped or defaced, as have many of the statues' features.

One blood trail leads to doors on the eastern (right) wall, the other heads west (left), ending at a doorway set into the southern wall.

The cries of pain sound female and are coming from the west.

Strangely, although the statues are made of granite, a few of them seem to be holding wooden crossbows. It's hard to tell in the low light, but the crossbows seem to be swiveling themselves toward the dwarf in the middle of the hallway.

Everyone:ROLL INITIATIVE! Post it to facebook! Then I'll let you know when it's your turn to act.

annalas
2013-02-14, 01:00 AM
Althea snorts softly at the dwarf's fervor as she enters the room behind him, eyeing the statues intently. It's easy to pick up on the oddity of stone statues holding wooden items, and with her eyesight she doesn't miss the way they move. She briefly wonders if she should just let the dwarf get shot, but ultimately figures that it's up to her to make sure he makes it out of this alive. After all, he might return the favor.

"Look out!" she calls as she bursts into the room, making her way towards the first statue. She thinks that if she can get against the far wall, the statues will have a harder time hitting her. She prays that they can't actually move anything but the crossbows.

Althea grabs Grog and attempts to drag him to the wall with her.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-14, 02:34 PM
Althea's quick thinking pays off as bolts strike the statues on either side of her and Grog with a sound like bones snapping. Only one crossbow far down the hall is still visible from their position, and it fires at the dwarf it locked on to.

Orange crossbow:

25 vs AC is a hit
14 damage for Grog (ouch)

The bolt pierces Grog's chainmail at the shoulder and shatters into nasty splinters!

Munnin78
2013-02-14, 03:18 PM
Sarala dashes to the doorway, but doesn't go in.

"Grog! Althea!" She wants to help them, but running into the room without knowing what was ahead seemed like a bad idea. "Is there any way to disarm those?"

I'm only moving because I can't disarm traps, but I will roll for perception so I can check out the rest of the room before anyone else goes in.

Roll 14+Per 11= 25 ROLLS FOUR HUNDRED PERCEPTIONS

SonicBanana16
2013-02-14, 03:28 PM
"Holy s hit balls." - Grog

Grog looks for somewhere he can run where he can't get hit.

1d20 = 1 (Are you kidding me) + 8 = 9

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-14, 03:31 PM
Sarala spots an odd four-inch gap in the base of each trapped statue, wrapping all the way around like a ribbon.

The two crossbows nearest her rotate towards the newly arrived target.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-14, 03:48 PM
You don't need to roll for that, you don't need to have especially sharp senses to reason what might make good cover

If the crossbow that shot him could be taken out, the spot Grog's currently in would provide total cover from the remaining crossbows. Other than that, the hallway near Nod is the safest place.

You can still use your move and standard actions. Just a reminder that one post is not necessarily = one turn

SonicBanana16
2013-02-15, 02:45 PM
"BRING THE PAINNNNNN!" - Grog

Grog brings the hammer down on the crossbow thing closest to him.

1d20 = 10 + 6 = 16 vs. AC

If hit,

1d10 = 9 +3 = 12

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-15, 04:27 PM
Grog's hammer tears the contraption off its base, sending it crashing into a useless heap on the floor. Bolts spill out of some kind of external magazine fixed to the statue.

Before he has time to celebrate however, the floor beneath him sinks ever so slightly with a *click*, and blades swing out in an arc from the gap in the statue's pedestal!

Blade trap!
20 vs reflex is a hit
6 damage, and Grog is knocked prone (standing up is a move action)

The blades catch the unsuspecting dwarf in the back of his legs, flipping him onto his back.

octoberspirit
2013-02-15, 11:20 PM
Nod lingers for a few moments, leery of rushing into danger as her companions have already done. She does not, however, want to be left behind; she will need the group to continue forward. As quickly as she can, she darts behind the cover of the open door, peeking out at the nearest of the crossbows. Perhaps a fire-related spell...

Scorching Burst: 13 + 5 = 18 vs Reflex
4 + 4 = 8 fire damage
directed at the blue arrow-thing

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-15, 11:27 PM
At Nod's gesture a ball of flame erupts around one of the crossbow mechanisms, hungrily devouring the dry wood. The bowstring snaps with a PING, and the rest falls to the floor as ash.

Two down!

annalas
2013-02-16, 01:19 PM
Althea thinks that it's rather pointless to attempt to fight stone statues; she's well aware of the limitations of her weaponry, after all. As she doesn't have any ranged weapons, she simply ducks around the stone statue, attempting to keep out of the way of arrows.

A commotion draws her attention away and she peeks out to look at the others, seeing the dwarf on the floor. Just as quickly, she presses back against the wall, gripping her sword. She knows that it's going too slow, attempting to duck in between statues instead of simply running down the hall, but she has no death wish.
End turn.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-16, 02:15 PM
The same crossbow that shot Grog creaks as it adjusts to acquire a new target. It looses a bolt towards Althea!

16 vs AC hits!
10 crossbow damage (man, these things are nasty)

The bolt tears through the air to catch her in the leg.

Munnin78
2013-02-17, 08:55 PM
Sarala bites her lip. With a bow and arrows, she's hardly likely to hit any of these crossbows to damage them. Unable to do much, she tries to look for a way to shut off the contraption.

Thievery check on seeing how to stop the trap: Roll 13 + 5= 18

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-17, 10:55 PM
Sarala knowledge of traps allows her to infer that these traps are probably mechanical, so there's likely a cable that could be cut or gears that could be jammed incorporated into each mechanism.

Disabling a crossbow requires a simple thievery check while adjacent to the trap. Disabling the blades that shoot out into squares adjacent to the trap is probably a more difficult thievery check.

Also, the only apparent difference between these crossbows and mundane ones are that these are animated, so they probably aren't particularly invulnerable to your weapons. However, non-applicable damage types (such as psychic or poison) aren't going to work (because a piece of wood doesn't have a mind or flesh).

SonicBanana16
2013-02-18, 11:45 PM
"EVERYTHING HERE BLOWS!" - Grog

Grog gets back on his feet, and pops his Healing Word.

Healing surge = 7 so +7 hp
+ 1d6 = 5
+12 hp

"Ahhhhhh" - Grog

octoberspirit
2013-02-21, 01:54 AM
Encouraged by having destroyed one of the crossbows, Nod peeks out from behind the door once more, observing. There must be some kind of magic to these weapons, so perhaps there is something more she can do. Perhaps she's seen something like this before?

I have no idea if I'm doing this right, but.
Arcana check roll 18 + 10 = 28

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-21, 07:53 AM
The traps look like they operate mechanically, but Nod can sense a weak enchantment on them. Most likely the traps use magic for targeting, but the spell seems pretty simplistic, probably only allowing for rudimentary motion detection.

Nod recalls reading that traps like these often guard the lair of a reclusive wizard. As such, it should have a passphrase that allows the creator to temporarily shut them off. Since the goblins you are pursuing apparently came this way, it may be that they know the passphrase.

Using your arcane knowledge is a free action, so you can still move and/or attack if you want

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-21, 11:29 AM
Since a lot of you guys are new, in case you're getting stuck, here's some hints to this trap that you could try based on what you know:

1. Destroy the traps using your attack powers like you've been doing
2. Disarm the traps by making Thievery checks while adjacent to them (but watch out for blades!)
3. Distract the traps to help accomplish #1 or #2 by drawing away their fire (since Nod discovered they merely attack where they see motion, i.e. they are dumb)
4. Exit the room to the east and come back once you find out the shutdown passphrase from the goblins. Note that you might not get back in time to help whoever is screaming through the hallway's western door

annalas
2013-02-23, 01:23 AM
Althea falls to the floor with a hiss, glaring at the crossbow that has discharged at her. She thought that she had managed to evade all of the traps, but apparently she was wrong. Which meant, naturally, that she is in rather a bad mood. Althea glances down the hall to where the screams are coming behind the door and decides instantly that it simply isn't worth it--she's going to try the other door, instead.

Althea stealthily attempts to move towards the other door without attracting the crossbows' attention.

Roll 5 + 9 Stealth = 14?

Did I do that right?

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-23, 12:13 PM
The crossbow that shot her keeps its aim on Althea as she retreats, but then stops upon losing sight of her as she takes cover.

It totally saw you but it didn't matter, it'll only shoot on its turn

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-23, 12:15 PM
For now the hall is silent, the crossbows must not be able to see any of you in your current positions.

(Traps' turn over)

Munnin78
2013-02-23, 11:17 PM
Sarala jumps out, hoping to cause damage to at least one of the traps and buy some time for everyone to get out of the way or let them attack. She takes aim and attempts to shoot at them.

Twin strike.
First attack on Orange
Roll:8 + Dex 8= 16 vs AC
Attack for 9.
Second attack on Green
Roll:5 + Dex 8= 13 vs AC
Attack for 7.
Plus 1 to each attack for prime shot I think? Maybe 10 and 8 if both hit.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-24, 12:27 PM
Sarala's first arrow strikes its target with such force that it jams its turning mechanism, leaving it permanently aimed harmlessly at the wall.

Her second shot was just barely too low, and clatters off a statue.

Orange crossbow destroyed!

Also, Prime Shot gives +1 attack, not damage, so your rolls were really 17 and 14

SonicBanana16
2013-02-25, 04:42 PM
"YEARRGGHGHHGHHGHHGHHG" - Grog

Grog sprints toward those stupid turrets.

"Time to whip out my MAGIC STICK!" - Grog

Grog spends a good ol' fashion Action Jackson Point to shoot some magic beams.

LANCE OF FAITH!

Shooting at the Green one

d20 = 16 + 6 = 22 VS Reflex

Damage!
d8 = 8 + 4 = 12

VOIPPPPP

Grog scampers behind a statue afterward.

Also, Sarala gets a +2 power thingy to her shooty bows next attack.

SpaceHamster15
2013-02-25, 06:09 PM
The crossbow, unable to dodge, explodes into scintillating splinters upon being pierced by Grog's ray.

Poor immobile crossbow, only had a Reflex defense of 5 :(

octoberspirit
2013-02-27, 11:29 PM
As yet more of the crossbows are destroyed, Nod moves out from behind the door, though not far enough to launch another attack at the remaining crossbow. She's still wary of the traps, but she knows her voice doesn't carry far, and she wishes to share a piece of information.

"Traps like this usually have a shut-off passphrase," she says quickly. "Whoever came this way first must know it, or they'd be stuck here with us."

annalas
2013-02-28, 06:24 PM
"Oh, and I suppose you know it?" Althea asks sarcastically as she sneaks over and behind the door.

Roll 13 + 9 Stealth = 22

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-01, 10:22 AM
Althea successfully sneaks silently and sarcastically into the shadows behind the door.

The last crossbow, incapable of surrendering, pot-shots at the distant archer!

Crossboooooww!
26 hits your AC
2 Damage

Fortunately Sarala turned her head at the last second, causing the bolt to merely clip her ear.

Munnin78
2013-03-05, 02:10 PM
After narrowly dodging the arrow, Sarala turned to Althea, saying, "Is there a need for such remarks?"

Taking aim, she attempts to take out the last trap. "We'll feel better after we finish this off and find out what's going on."

Twin strike:
First attack on Purple:
Roll:17 + Dex 8= 25 vs AC
Attack for 9.
Second attack on Purple:
Roll:2 + Dex 8= 10 vs AC
Attack for 6.

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-05, 05:04 PM
Sarala's arrow crashes into the last crossbow trap, splintering the cross beam, and rendering it completely useless.

You defeated the traps! Yay!

You each earn 200 experience points.

No more crossbow shots can be heard, but the pained wailing persists from the western door.

annalas
2013-03-05, 05:50 PM
"I don't know what you're speaking about," Althea speaks from behind the door, peeking out to view the long hallway. "Though...how can you be certain there are no more traps?"

She looks suspiciously down the hallway, wondering if the voice at the other end isn't just bait for another trap. She's being paid pretty decently to find out what's going on down here, but she doesn't like to walk into a trap. She moves towards the closest door, avoiding the obvious blade trap.

"Better to just go this way."

Munnin78
2013-03-05, 11:14 PM
"If you're worried about traps, you should check for them." Sarala was slightly irritated by this young woman, though she knew that working with her would be a quicker way to balance. "You seem to have a better idea of how they work and how to find them. Besides, we should check the western door to see who was screaming. We should go to them while we still have a chance of helping them!"

annalas
2013-03-06, 06:25 AM
"I'm not here to help anyone," Althea replies snidely. "I'm here to find out what's going on. That's what we're being paid for."

Irritated that she hadn't thought to check for traps, Althea reaches the Eastern door. She should probably check for traps before she opens it, she thinks. A glance down the hallway shows that Sarala is even further away.

"You can't really expect to save anyone down here!" Althea calls exasperatedly. "Whoever's been screaming for this long either doesn't need saving or is too far gone."

Munnin78
2013-03-06, 07:54 AM
"Regardless of whether you plan to help anyone else, if someone is hurt down this way, there is probably someone hurting them that we can try and gain information from." Sarala offers prayers to her goddess for inner balance as her irritation is starting to wear at her ability to stay neutral and without anger.

"I want to restore the balance here. That means discovering what's happening and finding survivors is probably the best way to do so. If we don't save them, how they died will give us some information." She readjusts her bow, taking a deep breath. "And I'll wager they will give you more gold for any survivors you find."

SonicBanana16
2013-03-08, 08:08 AM
"DON'T WORRY M'AM, I'M COMING!!!" Grog

Grog charges toward the western door

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-08, 01:13 PM
As Althea reaches the eastern door she notices it is locked with a simple internal bolt.

Suddenly a loud kind of hissing can be heard through the western door, followed by a sharp burst of louder and higher-pitched screaming, then silence.

annalas
2013-03-09, 01:10 PM
Althea stands where she is, turning to view the rest of her group.

"Still think it's not too late?" she asks caustically, pulling out her thieves tools and trying to pick the lock. "This door's locked from the inside, meaning something doesn't want to be followed. Possibly by whatever's in there. Which means that we definitely don't want to find out what that thing is."

At least until they could get some more supplies and weapons, at least in Althea's opinion.

Roll 19 + 9 thievery = 28

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-09, 07:33 PM
Effortlessly, Althea opens the lock with a flick of her pick. KER-PLUNK! says the lock.

octoberspirit
2013-03-12, 07:27 PM
Nod moves toward Grog without saying anything. She doesn't want to get involved in the argument, and she doesn't have any particular interest in saving anyone, but she's annoyed with Althea for snapping at her earlier.

This is why she doesn't tend to work with groups. She sighs, waiting for the verdict.

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-13, 05:10 PM
Your deliberation is interrupted as you hear a high, squeaky voice on the other side of the western door. "Ha! She dead. Bited and dead like bones. Hee hee!"

A deeper, rougher voice replies. "Quiet, idiot kobold! We gotta go tell Zarr what the chair does, now that we've seen it work." You hear a WHUMP followed by a reptillian shriek. "Go say the password to turn off the crossbows, or we'll put YOU in the chair, in case we forget what it did to the orc girl!"

"AAIIIEE! Okayokay!"

A shadow slides under the crack between the door and the floor. Something is immediately on the other side.

Munnin78
2013-03-16, 03:23 PM
Sarala moves to point her weapon at the door, prepared to shoot at anything that comes into the room.

"Everyone! Prepare yourselves!" Her stage whisper reaches down the hall to her teammates.

Sarala searches her memory for what a kobald is.

2 Roll +10 Nature= 12 on what a kobald is.

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-17, 12:58 PM
Sarala thinks she remembers that kobolds are some kind of little lizard monster? Maybe? -Ish?

The door clicks open, flooding the west end of the hallway with greenish gold light. A waist-high silhouette creeps forward and clears his throat. "Expelliarmus el crossbo--"

Sarala:You get to roll a surprise attack since you said you were ready to shoot whoever opened the door!

Munnin78
2013-03-17, 01:17 PM
Sarala lets loose two arrows to strike the reptilian-looking creature coming through the door.

Twin Strike:

Roll 8 + Dex 8 + Prime Shot 1= 17 vs AC
Damage: Roll 6

Roll 11 + Dex 8 + Prime Shot 1= 20 vs AC
Damage: Roll 1

Hunter's Quarry: Roll 6

Total Damage: 13

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-17, 01:37 PM
The magic passphrase is cut short as Sarala's shafts add two structurally superfluous new throat holes to the unsuspecting kobold! He falls on his face with a quiet rustle. Luckily the creature didn't have time to shout to his friends, so for the moment you seem to remain undetected.

The kobold lies with two arrows in his neck on the floor, halfway in the doorway. Through the opening you can see a three hairy, muscular creatures bickering over some equipment on the floor. Something large looms on the other south side of the room but you're too far away to see it very well.

You totally sneak-killed the kobold! His buddies are currently not paying attention, but if you don't move the body they might see him lying in the doorway.

If you go into the room I'll provide the rest of the room description. Also I'll make the room on the map later.

Munnin78
2013-03-17, 02:40 PM
Sarala pulls the body away from the door and attempts to look through the door surreptitiously to see if she can learn something about the monsters and the room.

Stealth check: Stealth 5 + 10 = 15 to stay at the door to look at the room.

Nature check: Nature 10 + 12 = 22 to check the monsters.

Perception check: Perception 11 + 6 = 17 to check the room.

Sarala then backs away from the door, closing it quietly behind her.

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-17, 03:25 PM
Peeking through the doorway, Sarala recognizes that these beasts are hobgoblins. She also is able to scan the room:

This large chamber's walls and floors are lined with gold-colored tiles. Two glowing globes, one slightly larger than the other, hover near the ceiling 20 feet above. They are the room's only light source. In the chamber's southern end, resting upon a marble dais, is a huge throne composed of thousands of bones.

A female half-orc sits in the throne, motionless and slumping slightly. Where the throne's armrests would be sit two snakes carved out of stone.

The three goblins squabble over a bag full of adventuring equipment. Coins, supplies, and a battle axe are among the contents.

Hobgoblin info:

http://www.dieabolic.com/wicked/images/News/hobgoblin.png

HOBGOBLINS LIVE FOR WAR AND BLOODSHED, killing or enslaving creatures weaker than themselves. More aggressive and orga-nized than their goblin and bugbear cousins, they see all other creatures as lesser beings to be subjugated, and they reserve a special loathing for all fey, especially elves and eladrin.

Hobgoblins prize their possessions and make their own weapons and armor. Compared to their more brutish kin, they wear decent clothing and armor, and they maintain their personal armaments with care. Hobgoblins prefer bold colors, especially crimson and black

Hobgoblins live to make war. A typical tribe includes a mixture of hobgoblins, goblins, and bugbears, with the mightiest hobgoblin holding the title of warchief. A hobgoblin tribe is intensely protective of its reputation and military status. Meetings between groups from different tribes might turn violent if members aren’t restrained. However, a common cause can make hobgoblin tribes set aside their differences for the glory of a great war led by a mighty leader.

Also, kobolds look like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TC-XbFCar2U/T6oEhVPLO-I/AAAAAAAAAIM/At67yGusIYc/s1600/Kobold.jpg

annalas
2013-03-17, 07:28 PM
Althea remains at the eastern door, watching Sarala take down the thing. She doesn't really want to yell or say anything to draw attention to herself, so instead she draws her longsword as quietly as possible after slipping her thieves' tools back inside her pocket. She is prepared for a fight now, as it wouldn't do at all to leave her companions to be slaughtered.

"How many are there?" she asks lowly, creeping away from the eastern door and towards the Western. It looks like the decision was made for her.

Munnin78
2013-03-22, 03:34 AM
Sarala leans towards Althea and whispers, "There are three hobgoblins. They don't look like they've noticed their friend missing, but it won't be long. And it looks like they killed a half-orc. That's who we heard earlier."

She glances at the others. "We should attack before they notice us. So that we have the upper hand like with this poor scut." She nods her head towards the kobold. What do you guys think?"

SonicBanana16
2013-03-28, 08:22 AM
"This is no place for a dead monster thing." - Grog

Grog grabs the dead monster in the door way and parks him behind one of the crossbow structures.

d20= 11 +3 = 14

SpaceHamster15
2013-03-28, 08:29 AM
Grog props the body up against a statue away from the door. It is reasonably concealed from plain view.

Through the closed door you hear the rough voice once more. "Ay, what's taking Weez so long?"

A different voice growls, "RRGHH, mebbe sumthin got to 'im?"

Suddenly all voices cease. A few silent seconds pass, then you hear a sound like steel scraping on steel, followed by rapid sniffing. "Smell that, boys? Smells like... fey!" There's a chorus of an excited sort of snarling, then: "Come on out liddle elfy! We's not gunna 'urt you!"

They're particularly sensitive to the smell of elves and eladrin

annalas
2013-03-28, 04:24 PM
Althea hurries past Nod and Grog, longsword in hand. She positions herself outside the doors, back against the giant stone thingie. She definitely doesn't burst in, though, and she is trying to be as quiet as possible so the things on the other side don't hear her.

Stealth d20 = 8 + 9 =17

SpaceHamster15
2013-04-01, 11:52 AM
The hobgoblins are themselves noisy enough that Althea is easily able to sneak unnoticed.

The big double doors are yanked inward with a groan. A burly hobgoblin takes a step into the low torchlight clutching a wickedly angled scimitar, unaware of the eladrin hiding nearby. "We just wants to make you SCREAM a little! Hurgh huh ha!"

Althea:You may make a surprise attack with Combat Advantage if you wish, giving you +2 on your attack roll and allowing you to use you rogue sneak attack bonus damage.

Combat advantage occurs whenever you have the upper hand tactically somehow, including when you surprise your enemy.

annalas
2013-04-01, 09:23 PM
Althea chooses that moment to attack, aiming for the neck with her longsword. She doesn't yell out, hoping to gain a small advantage of surprise over the rest.

Roll 12 + 2 combat advantage + sneak attack= Whatever

DO I get something for first strike, too, or does sneak attack eclipse that?

DAMAGE: 3 + 2 (1d8) = 5

SpaceHamster15
2013-04-10, 07:58 AM
Althea's longsword flashes out to bury itself in the hobgoblin's neck! The creature crashes to the floor, alive but stunned.

Having revealed herself, the other two goblins eagerly leap at her and her companions.

You chopped the guy good but he's not dead yet.

To answer your question, first strike gives you combat advantage, which you already had from being stealthy, so in this case they don't stack.

Also ROLL INITIATIVE! Woo!