PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Frame Zero: Comments & Questions

JeenLeen
2013-01-12, 03:51 PM
I recent found out about Mobile Frame Zero (http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/) and was wondering if anyone here had played it and had any comments of how it went?
For those who haven't heard of it, it sounds like a cheap alternative to Warhammer (though I see in reading the PDF that the rules vary greatly.)

Also, for those who play, I had two questions on the rules:
1. Does having one of the one-shot rockets (but no direct range fire or artillery weapons) disqualify you from getting the 1d8 movement dice? For example, if I had a mobile frame with 2 hand-to-hand systems and 2 defense systems and a single-shot rocket, would it get the extra movement die or only get it once the single-shot rocket had been used?

2. Can one mobile frame be equipped with 2 or 3 single-shot rockets? If so, can it fire all three in the same attack?

3. When exactly do you count as in cover? I get being one unit of measure in range of cover, but it says line-of-sight doesn't matter, which confuses me with the second statement about cover being between the attacker and the target.

Darkvisor
2014-07-26, 03:02 AM
To answer your first question: Having an SSR, or multiple SSRs on a frame without any other ranging system will not negate the free d8G for having no yellow systems. To my understanding this is because an SSR doesn't count as a system. In fact, niether does the additional d8G, which cannot be destroyed.