PDA

View Full Version : looking for low lvl spells that buff 1 skill check

bbkilla
2013-01-12, 08:44 PM
im cleric with magic domain so i have a lot of options.
what do u say?

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-12, 08:47 PM
Skillful moment spell from Dragon Spell Compendium lets you take 20 on the next skill check you make, as long as you make the check within the next round, IIRC.

Is this what you were looking for? Some elaboration on exactly what you are looking for is necessary.

bbkilla
2013-01-12, 08:54 PM
thats a good start.
im the party skillmonkey and i have some low skills (like 1 in Sleight Of Hand or Forgery) and i took 1 lvl as a cleric, and i want to buy a wand so in the rare times ill use that skills ill use them well.

tnx

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-12, 09:20 PM
I don't know if you're looking for this but I believe guidance is a cantrip that gives +1 bonus. Although I'm sorry I don't know what type of bonus it gives :smallfrown:

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-12, 10:38 PM
Guidance of the Avatar, level 2 spell that gives +20 competence to a single skill check.

Divine Insight, level 2 as well, gives a 5+CL insight to a single skill check.

Guidance, a Level 0, gives you a +1 morale bonus to a single skill check.

Surge of Fortune, level 5, as discharge allows you to consider your next roll a Nat 20.

bbkilla
2013-01-13, 06:00 AM
im not sure that my DM will allow "Guidance of the Avatar" or "Skillful moment" because he doesn't like unfamiliar books but ill talk to him about it.
is there some other trick or spell to significantly increase a skill check for one time use? (i took a 1 lvl dip into cleric with magic domain so i need wands\scrolls for magic)

tnx

thethird
2013-01-13, 06:04 AM
Guidance of the avatar (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) is here. It is probably your best beat, since it is one time, low level and doesn't care about the caster level.

bbkilla
2013-01-13, 04:57 PM
My DM approved "Guidance of the avatar" and ill buy a wand of it. and maybe if ill have spare cash ill buy wand of "Divine Insight" to maximize the effect.
(and of course ill have some "Guidance" prepared)

tnx!!