PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] A) Vile feat for a CG Character B) Character concept

Fenryr
2013-01-12, 10:06 PM
Hello, hello! I apologize in advance.

This OP has two options. A and B. I want option A to work, if not possible, option B shall be our goal.

A) I want to use a Vile feat on a CG character. When I read Vile Feats on the book of Vile Darkness, it says "you must be evil to get the feat". But, what happens if I get good? I don't see a "you lose all benefits when you're good" unlike the Exalted feats (they say "you lose all benefits when you commit evil"). The book of the Vile Feats is 3.0. Any reprint or clarification to use RAW? By RAI, my DM accepted it but I don't want to be wrong. I'm stretching the RAI too much, I know. Please correct me if needed.

B) So, A is not possible. Ok, I want to make a Human LG Paladin/Hellreaver with immunity to mind affecting stuff (hence the Vile Feat Willing Deformity: Madness). Long story made short: she was CE and converted to LG. The backstory involves lots of devils and demons. She got scarred badly. How I can get immunity to mind affecting stuff? I can only think of Third Eye (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#conceal). A bit expensive. And we're level 13, no Mind Blank possible. Any other method?

Thank you.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-12, 10:30 PM
If you're not stuck on race, there's the Hellbred from the Fiendish Codex II. They have a racial ability called Evil Exception - I'm AFB, but you might want to look it up. It might work.

Fenryr
2013-01-12, 10:40 PM
Edit: Only human race. If no way is possible then Hellbred may work. Thanks for the idea.

Wermus
2013-01-14, 01:43 PM
I am the master of this campaing, but as i told him when he talked about to me is about the prerequisite of Willing Deformity, if you change aligements, can ya still make use of the feat?

limejuicepowder
2013-01-14, 02:08 PM
Since the DM is in the thread, it seems a good time ask: is there a reason you want to keep the alignment restrictions? I never like seeing alignment reqs get in the way of a cool concept, especially when the character isn't going to be game-breaking. Alignment is annoying enough as it is.

Fenryr
2013-01-14, 10:24 PM
Ok, I don't know if

1) The idea is too stupid
2) The idea was complex to understand due to poor grammar (English is not my native language)
3) It doesn't work at all

While my DM is being flexible and nice, I want to use RAI to my advantage. If no RAI is possible then I shall dispose the idea.

Wermus
2013-01-14, 11:15 PM
well, my only concern here is that, in most of my pcs playing, the aligement is not a problem to deal with, but in this case he is a paladinD: that is why i have my doubts about giving him an evil feat with an evil prerequisite

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-14, 11:30 PM
I don't know if this will work in your game but it is certainly possible to have a LE or a CE paladin, I believe the variants are on the srd.

Wermus
2013-01-15, 12:02 AM
but the paladin would be LG

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-15, 12:08 AM
but the paladin would be LG

Oh, I figured you would be running a LG paladin. I just wish to let you know it is certainly possible to have paladins other than a LG one

Fenryr
2013-01-15, 07:59 PM
I rather play CG due the background. Also, the DM is not willing to accept a LG Paladin with a Vile feat.

So this is just between us? No opinion to support or reject me?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-15, 10:55 PM
Check your player's handbook on page 87. The second paragraph under the heading "prerequisites" starts with
A character can't use a feat if he or she has lost a prerequisite.

If you're not evil, you can't use a vile feat.

Hellbred's evil exception -may- allow this to work. I don't have the book in front of me, atm.

Fenryr
2013-01-15, 11:13 PM
Nope, it doesn't. Allows items and spells, not feats.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-15, 11:15 PM
Nope, it doesn't. Allows items and spells, not feats.

Dang, I think you should try and work with your DM and refluffing that it was a "curse" or result of fighting evil. That the deformity is now part of you and a proud symbol of your victory

JeminiZero
2013-01-15, 11:44 PM
One other easily available source of immune to mind affecting is the LA +1 feytouched race. Found in Fiend Folio. It might be feasible at ECL 13, especially with LA buyoff.

Mystral
2013-01-15, 11:48 PM
Just homebrew an exalted feat that does the same as the vile feat, only GOOD with shining light and sparkles. They did that with most of the content of the BOVD when they wrote the Book of Exalted Deeds. Why not with this, too?

Fenryr
2013-01-16, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the input. I will make some twists in the story or get the Feytouched race.