PDA

View Full Version : Pricing advise for Wondrous Item of Stalwart (a.k.a. Mettle)

Brock Samson
2013-01-12, 11:06 PM
Hey all, I've got a boatload of money for my PF game and was wondering if I could get an item that replicates the Inquisitor ability Stalwart (in 3.5 it was known as Mettle) - where if you pass a Fort or Will save that has a partial effect on a successful save nothing happens to you.

I haven't seen an item like this yet - does anyone know if one like this already exists?

If not - I figured since you can get a Ring of Evasion, this would be about the same price (since it's replicating a similar class feature) - or possibly double the price (since it works for two different saves - whereas Evasion only works for one).

What are people's thoughts?

As a side note - how about an item that would protect you from energy drain (enervation worries ya know).

sreservoir
2013-01-12, 11:52 PM
2.5 times as much, perhaps, because it's two of the same value in a single slot?

Morcleon
2013-01-13, 12:21 AM
I'd put it as x2. It does cover two saves, but Fort partial/Will partial are pretty rare already.

As for protection from energy drain, there's already the ring of negative protection from the MIC. For 36k, you get immunity to strongly negative-dominant planar effects and you cannot gain negative levels.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-01-13, 08:50 PM
Fort and Will half or partial are less common than reflex half individually. Together, I don't think so. Also, Evasion annoyingly does not protect from Reflex partial or non-damaging effects (which is total horse crap, btw). And in general, a reflex save is about hp damage, fort and will can be stuff like ability damage, negative levels, death, exhaustion, staggering...

Yeah, your ring would have to be at least 2x as expensive, IMO.

herrhauptmann
2013-01-13, 09:39 PM
Complete champion already has a shirt taht grants you mettle if your health is below half. 16000 gold.
I believe that grants you a good starting point on estimating cost.

If you've got mettle, it actually grants you improved mettle.