PDA

View Full Version : Bucky O'hare campaign

scurv
2013-01-12, 11:37 PM
Bucky O'hare homage campaign I put together is doing quite well! Although I was wanting a 3 session arc, it seems this one will be a 7 session arc. Although Now i need to find a new cartoon from my childhood to rip off for next years homage campaign

Admiral Squish
2013-01-13, 11:32 AM
My suggestion for next year? Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.

Ravens_cry
2013-01-13, 12:55 PM
Ghostbusters?
On the plus side, there is an actual Ghostbusters RPG.:smallbiggrin:

Hopeless
2013-01-13, 01:09 PM
OH I tried to get a game inspired on this using the Star Wars d20 system (original not revised but that might have worked!) giving the players 7pts for purposes of racial abilities so they could spend 5pts on a bonus feat and a +1 to one ability score for 2pts with the option to penalise one or two ability scores for 1 each (-2 tops to one ability score or -1 to two ability scores maximum) for a total of 2 bonus points to spend with special abilities like Breath Underwater costing 2pts.

Using the cats special force ability to explain those classes in use but got as far as a llama guardian but it never got far enough for an actual game.

Have the dvd of the series in the cupboard somewhere regarding your next project have you seen SWAT cats by the way?:smallwink:

scurv
2013-01-13, 03:30 PM
My sister put Care Bears to a vote.....I will accept hugs now! But When in doubt we use the Palladium series to make it work.

Mostly we run these when there is players going to be absent

Hopeless
2013-01-13, 05:19 PM
My sister put Care Bears to a vote.....I will accept hugs now! But When in doubt we use the Palladium series to make it work.

Mostly we run these when there is players going to be absent

So have you seen the Green Lantern version of care bears yet?:smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2013-01-13, 05:37 PM
No, but I saw Daffy Duck, or rather, Duck Dodgers, as a Green Lantern.:smallbiggrin:

TheThan
2013-01-14, 01:52 AM
Nostalgic games I’ve run:
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
GI Joe
Cadillac’s and dinosaurs

On the list:
Transformers
Tailspin
Attack of the Killer tomatoes
Zoids new century zero
Xmen

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-14, 01:05 PM
I've always wanted to run a transformers game, but my main group is all "srs bzness!" Pity, that.

I've also always thought that the Thundercats were ripe for a game of some sort... Old OR new series...

Ravens_cry
2013-01-14, 03:27 PM
Ooh, I like the Tale Spin idea. But then, I love flying boats.:smallbiggrin:

TheThan
2013-01-14, 04:46 PM
Ooh, I like the Tale Spin idea. But then, I love flying boats.:smallbiggrin:
Yeah, I love the pulpy action/adventure aspect. Now unfortunately, some of my friends couldn’t take it seriously enough to not ruin the game, simply because of the anthropomorphic nature of the show. ThunderCats has the same problem. My group just wouldn't take it seriously enough not that I think it's "serious business", but they need to take it a bit more reasonable than they would.