PDA

View Full Version : Binder abilities

chrisgray86
2013-01-13, 12:39 AM
So I have a question just started a level 6 binder and was wondering when you bind to a vestige do you only get to pick from one ability on the list per binding or ar you allowed to use that one ability more than once or are you allowed to use more than one of the abilitys just not more than one at a time? Thanks

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-13, 01:08 AM
Could you be more specific?

If you're referring to the Pact Augmentation ability (gained at levels 2, 5, etc...), then you may select however many abilities it specifies for your current level (you, being 6th level, would receive two).

It specifically calls out that you're able to select the same option multiple times (so you could get DR 2/- by selecting the DR 1/- option twice).

Jeff the Green
2013-01-13, 01:26 AM
On the other hand, if you're referring to the abilities listed under each vestige, you get all of them for the vestiges you've bound.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-13, 01:34 AM
On the other hand, if you're referring to the abilities listed under each vestige, you get all of them for the vestiges you've bound.

And unless it has a limitation on use in its description, you can use these abilities freely.

sreservoir
2013-01-13, 10:20 AM
And unless it has a limitation on use in its description, you can use these abilities freely.

as a standard action, per description of supernatural abilities, unless otherwise stated.

chrisgray86
2013-01-13, 01:52 PM
Is it just me or is that retartedly over powered? its just seems too good to be true

WhatBigTeeth
2013-01-13, 02:02 PM
It's just you

Jeff the Green
2013-01-13, 02:04 PM
Is it just me or is that retartedly over powered? its just seems too good to be true

It's just you. Binders are a solid Tier 3, but nowhere near overpowered for most games.

WhatBigTeeth
2013-01-13, 02:11 PM
Really look at what a level 6 binder can do with its packs of abilities.

Until it gets the second vestige, even barbarians, warlocks and paladins tend to look really over-the-top compared to the binder at any given time.

chrisgray86
2013-01-13, 02:52 PM
Ok I was just wondering have been a sorcerer and a ranger and this just seems to have so much more that it can do than either of those classes but its cool I like it.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-13, 05:49 PM
Ok I was just wondering have been a sorcerer and a ranger and this just seems to have so much more that it can do than either of those classes but its cool I like it.

A binder can do quite a number of different things. However, they can't do all of those things in the same day. Unless they can bind more than one vestige at a time they can only do a handful of those things on any given day, barring a resource sink into a couple magic items and a feat or two. Even with those feats and items, they can only switch vestiges once, maybe twice, a day, IIRC.