PDA

View Full Version : Sawagakure: village hidden in the valley-marsh(ooc thread)

Togath
2013-01-13, 02:57 AM
Link back to the recruiting thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266537)
IC link(not up yet).

Big 16(for reference);
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
d20 modern

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Naruto d20

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
however many we have at the moment

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Play by post

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
level 4 seems like a good starting spot, as it leaves a level to get used to characters before moving to Chuunin(the op did mention starting at fifth, but 4th gives a little bit of extra room)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
standard starting bonus to determine starting equipment, but after that part, switching to Ryo(near the back of the rules for Naruto d20) sounds like a more fun method for the campaign itself. I'd say treat your wealth bonus after character creation as it's Purchase DC to Ryo amount once game play starts.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Any class is fine :)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Humans would probably be best, given the setting.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Max HP per class level(applies to everything with class levels), 32 point buy,

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
it's base don d20 modern, so there are no set rules for alignments.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Multi-classing is fine, and as a houserule I always use, there are no penalties for doing so

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
I'll roll initiative if you end up ambushed, and npc rolls, PC rolls are left to the players.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
The following optional rules form the rulebook will be used, since they sound like they could make it more fun;
The Hostage Maneuver variant(since it seems interesting)
The Reflex Saves & Movement Penalties variant(since it gives more meaning to crowd control effects)
The Saving Scores variant(since it looks easier to use in pbp format then the normal method)
The Unarmed Lethal Damage variant(since it makes unarmed attacks viable without a ton of feats)
The 3E/3,5/PF Style Non-Lethal Damage variant(since it's more useful then the default in high power settings)
Mastercraft bonuses can go up to +5.
and the Reach variant(a creature with reach can reach behind something if it's at least twice as tall as whatever is blocking it) and Run Speed(shinobi, and other characters with player class levels may run at a maximum of x5 speed instead of the normal x4) variant

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Long enough to explain why your character is where he is now would be useful, though it doesn't need to detail his history. At least one contact/relative would be useful though:smallsmile:.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
a combination.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-(....last bit got cut off when I copy/pasted the big 16)
the d20 modern core rulebook, and the naruto d20 rulebooks are available.

Sawagakure;
Stats;
Full Name: Sawagakure no Sato(the village hidden in the marsh/valley)
Statistics: Minor Medium Village(aprox. 1000 civilians and 150 shinobi)
Symbols: The Sawagakure sigil, sigil of Kaminari no Kuni.
Colours: olive green, orange
Favored Weapons(melee): knuckle blades, staves, kanabo, shuko & ashiko.
Favored Weapons(ranged): blowguns, kunai, hand-crossbows.
Common plants: hazel trees, berry bushes(many varieties), celery, cat-tails, small herbs(many varieties), water chestnut, lotuses, dense moss.
Common Animals: elk, boars, moose, water fowl, woodpeckers, fruit bats, bulldog bats, toads, small frogs, catfish, crawdads, bears(mostly sun bears).

Description;
Sawagakure is a fairly small shinobi village, located half a day's travel from the eastern coast of Kaminari no Kuni.
It is located inside of a large marsh(named Fuyu-Numa; winter bog), and uses it's semi proximity to the sea, and the rare herbs that grow in it, as sources of income to help support itself.
Sawagakure has come to often rely on simpler weapons then most villages, as the moisture of the air can damage many complex devices if stored in the open.
The village is currently run by Mirusho Rurou, an elderly shinobi, though not a true Kage, skilled at the use of chakra control techniques, as well as suiton ninjutsu.

Characters(and text colours):
Togath/GM/NPC Speech: Dark Green/Slate Grey
Dethkruzer/Katsumi Miyamoto (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496951): Sienna
EdroGrimshell/Kagami Kurotsuchi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496471): Blue
Stolichnaya/Sugimura (http://s13.postimage.org/4v504fpqf/Sugimura_Shogo_1.jpg) Shogo (http://s7.postimage.org/qs3zzaywr/Sugimura_Shogo_2.jpg): Navy
WhiteMageSavant/Oonishi Kyouya (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=497094): Orange

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-13, 03:23 AM
Did you get my sheet? I noticed there wasn't a link on my character name.

Here it is again, if you need it. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=497094)

Togath
2013-01-13, 04:09 AM
Did you get my sheet? I noticed there wasn't a link on my character name.

Here it is again, if you need it. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=497094)

Aye I did, thank you for reposting it :)

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-13, 02:15 PM
Going with Blue for Kagami

Need to stat these up now
Chakra no Kumori (Chakra Shadow)
A augmentation technique that increases speed greatly as well as augmenting reaction time. It causes the body to overheat and thus damages the body, but gives a boost strong enough to offset it (it's the Hachimon lite essentially and mimics the effects of the haste spell. I'm thinking a chakra cost of 3-5 with Mastery boosting the bonuses). Probably a B-Rank technique, so I can't have this one yet most likely, will develop it in game most likely.

Azakeri Tsuchi (Scorn Earth)
Uses the principle of Kinobori pushed to the extreme to lift the person off the ground and hover high enough over it to ignore terrain effects. C-Rank, most likely, but probably still in range for my character. Relatively high Chakra cost but with a fairly good duration too. Would Require Kinobori and Tadayou (Tree and Water Walking). Rank 5, so, I'd have to get it next level as a Chunin most likely

Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi (Iron Skin Armor)
Kawa no Yoroi pushed farther. Requires a few ranks of mastery but is otherwise just a stronger version of the technique. Kawa no Yoroi that grants a +3 bonus instead and mastery improves the bonus, duration, or chakra cost as it goes up until full mastery.

Togath
2013-01-13, 03:00 PM
Going with Blue for Kagami

Need to stat these up now
A augmentation technique that increases speed greatly as well as augmenting reaction time. It causes the body to overheat and thus damages the body, but gives a boost strong enough to offset it (it's the Hachimon lite essentially and mimics the effects of the haste spell. I'm thinking a chakra cost of 3-5 with Mastery boosting the bonuses). Probably a B-Rank technique, so I can't have this one yet most likely, will develop it in game most likely.

Uses the principle of Kinobori pushed to the extreme to lift the person off the ground and hover high enough over it to ignore terrain effects. C-Rank, most likely, but probably still in range for my character. Relatively high Chakra cost but with a fairly good duration too. Would Require Kinobori and Tadayou (Tree and Water Walking). Rank 5, so, I'd have to get it next level as a Chunin most likely

Kawa no Yoroi pushed farther. Requires a few ranks of mastery but is otherwise just a stronger version of the technique. Kawa no Yoroi that grants a +3 bonus instead and mastery improves the bonus, duration, or chakra cost as it goes up until full mastery.

seems fine, should you or I try to finish statting them out?,
Haste(3.5/pf version) seems like a good effect to try to base Chakra no Kumori on(assuming you mean 3.5 haste) as you said, and Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi and Azakeri Tsuchi seem fairly balanced so far as well.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-14, 12:23 AM
seems fine, should you or I try to finish statting them out?,
Haste(3.5/pf version) seems like a good effect to try to base Chakra no Kumori on(assuming you mean 3.5 haste) as you said, and Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi and Azakeri Tsuchi seem fairly balanced so far as well.

I'd prefer you did, it'd be balanced the way you'd want rather than the way I want. And yes, it's based on 3.5 Haste.

Togath
2013-01-14, 01:05 AM
I'd prefer you did, it'd be balanced the way you'd want rather than the way I want. And yes, it's based on 3.5 Haste.

Ok, I should have them up later tonight, or tomarrow morning then.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-14, 03:45 AM
Made some last minute adjustments to my character sheet. I couldn't deal with how spread out my ability scores were so I shifted gears and changed my summon choice from tenryuu (imperial wyrm) to kyouryuu (tyrant). The healing would have been nice but the versatility I get makes up for it. Not to mention I'm a bit more capable in combat this way.

Also I added a bit to my background to get a little more into Kyouya's motivation. But it really is only a little.
Shortly after graduating Kyouya's development as a ninja came to a halt when he collapsed in the middle of a mission near the village boarder. Shuji was the one to find him stuck in the mud of Fuyu Numa, and bring him back to the household before succumbing to the disease as well. It took time for the boys to regain use of their chakra, and the experience seemed to push Shuji that much harder. Kyouya, on the other hand, was left scarred. His own body turned in on itself to attack him, leaving him helpless. Over the next couple years rehabilitation hardly had any effect. He was broken. In a final effort to redeem the son of the clan head, the family organized an old ceremony to call upon the creatures naturally attuned with the boy. The visions that ensued were tough to read. Usually the image of the creature destined to be summoned would appear in the incense as it wafted away, but in this case there were several. The amorphous smoke evoked a span of creatures from winged beasts ruling the horizon above to enormous monsters emerging from the depths.

Kyouya has stood tall since that day, like an Oonishi should, but he will never truly have faith in himself until he manages to summon the behemoth he saw towering above the others.

And I threw together a technique if you don't mind going over it Togath. Of course, I don't expect you to run over it tonight, it won't matter for a few levels anyway.
Hopefully it's not overpowering since a summon could just learn henge and still get most of the benefits of this technique. The intention behind it is to replicate the combined transformation between Gamabunta and Naruto, since it looked like it could be a fun ability in game.

Fukugou Henge no Jutsu? (Combined Transformation Technique)
Ninjutsu (Requires Henge no Jutsu (3) Kuchiyose no Jutsu (t))
Rank: 8 (B-Class); Learn DC: 22, 3 success; Perform requirements: 10 ranks (DC 23); Time: 1 minute; Components: C, H; Range: Touch (see text); Target: You and one willing Summoned Creature (see text); Duration: 1 hour / 2 levels (D; see text); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 12 (see text)

As Henge no Jutsu except above and as follows.

This combat oriented variant of Henge no Jutsu was designed by summoners to take on more spectacular forms. Unlike Henge, the user does not risk losing this new form when damaged, however any damage taken is applied to both the user and summon creature transformed. The summon creature continues to lose chakra in this form, and the technique ends when the summon's HP or Chakra Pool hit 0. While this technique is active both creatures share one form, and act on the latter initiative count of the targeted creatures. The new form does not grant any of it's extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities that are not already possessed by the user or summoned creature. The maximum size category of the transformation becomes that of the larger creature targeted by the technique. Unlike the standard Henge no Jutsu, this technique can not be used to transform into an object.

The Chakra Cost of this technique increases by 5 for every size category above medium the new form is.

Oh, and I should probably select a color while I'm posting here huh? How about orange?

dethkruzer
2013-01-14, 08:37 AM
I call sienna!

Anyways, I think a single group could work better.

Also: status update: I've got a short history writen up, along with a description and some Relatives and a friend. Just gotta finish up on Personality and I'll add them to the sheet, also gotta look if I have any, last-moment purcahases.

Which brings to mind: Flashlights from D20 modern, yes? no?

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-14, 11:56 AM
Hey dethkruzer, how did you get 22 chakra?

dethkruzer
2013-01-14, 12:03 PM
that was just a miscalculation on my part, good thing you noticed it.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-14, 12:13 PM
Ah, and here I was hoping to increase my own chakra pool :smallbiggrin:

dethkruzer
2013-01-14, 05:00 PM
Barring last-minute purchases: Katsumi Miyamoto (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496951) is finished.

Stolichnaya
2013-01-14, 05:10 PM
I think I'll be going with Navy as my color. Nice, bold and relatively distinct from the others.

I've got a few ideas for Symbiote techniques and Genjutsu, though they're pretty nebulous right now; I'll post more about 'em once they're more concrete.

Togath
2013-01-14, 06:46 PM

How do these look?;

Chakra Control (Body)
Rank: 5 (B-Class); Learn DC: 19, 3 success; Perform requirements: 7 ranks (DC 20);
Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C, Mas, P; Range: Personal; Target: You;
Duration: 5 Rounds; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5/See Text.

This technique increases your speed and reflexes, but can be damaging if used for too long.
While this technique is active all of your movement speeds are increased by half(round up to the nearest 5ft. increment) or by +30ft.(whichever is higher), and when attacking you may make an additional attack at a -2 penalty for full attacks, or -4 for standard attacks.
While this is active you also gain a +2 bonus to hit with attacks, and a +2 dodge bonus to reflex saves and your defense score.
When this effect would expire you may pay 1 chakra and 1 hit point to continue it's use for two more rounds, each time you increase this effect's duration by doing so, the hit point damage increases by 1.
If this technique is renewed six or more time in succession, or fully preformed more then twice in ten minutes, you become fatigued until you can rest for an hour.
Mastery
Every step of mastery in this technique increases the bonuses to hit with attacks, as well as the dodge bonuses by +1. At the third and fifth steps of mastery the duration of this ability, and duration when renewed, increases by 1.

Azakeri Tsuchi(requires Kinbori[t], and Tadayou[t]) (Scorn Earth)

Chakra Control (body)
Rank: 5 (C-Class); Learn DC: 18, 2 success; Perform requirements: 6 ranks (DC 18);
Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C; Range: Personal; Target: You;
Duration: 5 rounds/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
This technique allows the user to hover several inches above the ground, using an advanced form of Kinobori and Tadayou. While this technique is active the user may ignore movement penalties for difficult terrain, slippery surfaces, or unstable footing, while allowing you to slow your falling speed, allowing you to fall twice as far before taking damage, and halving all damage you do take.
This technique can also be used for the same effects as Tadayou while it is active, and provides a +1 bonus to balance checks made while moving across liquids via this effect.

Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi(requires Kawa no Yoroi[t]) (Iron Skin Armor)

Chakra Control (body)
Rank: 4 (C-Class); Learn DC: 17, 2 success; Perform requirements: 5 ranks (DC 17);
Time: 1 attack action; Components: C, Mas; Range: Personal; Target: You;
Duration: 1 minute/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5.
This advanced form of Kawa no Yoroi grants a +3 natural armour bonus to defense while active.
Mastery
Every step of mastery in this technique increases the natural armour bonus by +1.
At the third step of mastery itís chakra cost is reduced by 1(to 4) and grants DR 2/- in addition to the defense bonus, increasing to DR 4/- at the fifth step of mastery.

And I threw together a technique if you don't mind going over it Togath. Of course, I don't expect you to run over it tonight, it won't matter for a few levels anyway.
Hopefully it's not overpowering since a summon could just learn henge and still get most of the benefits of this technique. The intention behind it is to replicate the combined transformation between Gamabunta and Naruto, since it looked like it could be a fun ability in game.

Fukugou Henge no Jutsu? (Combined Transformation Technique)
Ninjutsu (Requires Henge no Jutsu (3) Kuchiyose no Jutsu (t))
Rank: 8 (B-Class); Learn DC: 22, 3 success; Perform requirements: 10 ranks (DC 23); Time: 1 minute; Components: C, H; Range: Touch (see text); Target: You and one willing Summoned Creature (see text); Duration: 1 hour / 2 levels (D; see text); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 12 (see text)

As Henge no Jutsu except above and as follows.

This combat oriented variant of Henge no Jutsu was designed by summoners to take on more spectacular forms. Unlike Henge, the user does not risk losing this new form when damaged, however any damage taken is applied to both the user and summon creature transformed. The summon creature continues to lose chakra in this form, and the technique ends when the summon's HP or Chakra Pool hit 0. While this technique is active both creatures share one form, and act on the latter initiative count of the targeted creatures. The new form does not grant any of it's extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities that are not already possessed by the user or summoned creature. The maximum size category of the transformation becomes that of the larger creature targeted by the technique. Unlike the standard Henge no Jutsu, this technique can not be used to transform into an object.

The Chakra Cost of this technique increases by 5 for every size category above medium the new form is.

The only change I would request would be changing it's duration to henge's 10 minutes/level, with chakra being able to be expended to increase the duration at the same rate as henge, and for you to be able to use any non-supernatural modes of movement the creature you're transforming into possesses, as well as survive underwater if the creature you're transforming into could.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-14, 06:59 PM
How do these look?;

Taijutsu (Enhancement)
Rank: 5 (B-Class); Learn DC: 19, 3 success; Perform requirements: 7 ranks (DC 20);
Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C, Mas, P; Range: Personal; Target: You;
Duration: 5 Rounds; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5/See Text.

This technique increases your speed and reflexes, but can be damaging if used for too long.
While this technique is active all of your movement speeds are increased by half(round up to the nearest 5ft. increment) or by +30ft.(whichever is higher), and when attacking you may make an additional attack at a -2 penalty for full attacks, or -4 for standard attacks.
While this is active you also gain a +2 bonus to hit with attacks, and a +2 dodge bonus to reflex saves and your defense score.
When this effect would expire you may pay 1 chakra and 1 hit point to continue it's use for two more rounds, each time you increase this effect's duration by doing so, the hit point damage increases by 1.
If this technique is renewed six or more time in succession, or fully preformed more then twice in ten minutes, you become fatigued until you can rest for an hour.
Mastery
Every step of mastery in this technique increases the bonuses to hit with attacks, as well as the dodge bonuses by +1. At the third and fifth steps of mastery the duration of this ability, and duration when renewed, increases by 1.

Azakeri Tsuchi(requires Kinbori[t], and Tadayou[t]) (Scorn Earth)

Chakra Control (body)
Rank: 5 (C-Class); Learn DC: 18, 2 success; Perform requirements: 6 ranks (DC 18);
Time: 1 move-equivalent action; Components: C; Range: Personal; Target: You;
Duration: 5 rounds/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
This technique allows the user to hover several inches above the ground, using an advanced form of Kinobori and Tadayou. While this technique is active the user may ignore movement penalties for difficult terrain, slippery surfaces, or unstable footing, while allowing you to slow your falling speed, allowing you to fall twice as far before taking damage, and halving all damage you do take.
This technique can also be used for the same effects as Tadayou while it is active, and provides a +1 bonus to balance checks made while moving across liquids via this effect.

Kawa no Tetsu Yoroi(requires Kawa no Yoroi[t]) (Iron Skin Armor)

Chakra Control (body)
Rank: 4 (C-Class); Learn DC: 17, 2 success; Perform requirements: 5 ranks (DC 17);
Time: 1 attack action; Components: C, Mas; Range: Personal; Target: You;
Duration: 1 minute/level(D); Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 5.
This advanced form of Kawa no Yoroi grants a +3 natural armour bonus to defense while active.
Mastery
Every step of mastery in this technique increases the natural armour bonus by +1.
At the third step of mastery itís chakra cost is reduced by 1(to 4) and grants DR 2/- in addition to the defense bonus, increasing to DR 4/- at the fifth step of mastery.

Well, I was hoping to have all of them be chakra control techniques that my character developed because she couldn't use nin- or genjutsu very well. She's supposed to specifically focus on raw Chakra Control. And I'm really glad I took Genius Nin for Chakra Control so I can start with Scorn Earth.

Other than the minor thing with Chakra Shadow, I think they're all good.

Togath
2013-01-14, 07:01 PM
Well, I was hoping to have all of them be chakra control techniques that my character developed because she couldn't use nin- or genjutsu very well. She's supposed to specifically focus on raw Chakra Control. And I'm really glad I took Genius Nin for Chakra Control so I can start with Scorn Earth.

Other than the minor thing with Chakra Shadow, I think they're all good.

No problem, I've edited Chakra Shadow to be chakra control:smallsmile:

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-14, 11:19 PM
The only change I would request would be changing it's duration to henge's 10 minutes/level, with chakra being able to be expended to increase the duration at the same rate as henge, and for you to be able to use any non-supernatural modes of movement the creature you're transforming into possesses, as well as survive underwater if the creature you're transforming into could.

How about if I reduce the duration, remove the supernatural gain, and make extraordinary abilities only active if the assumed form has them (since either myself or the summon must already have the ability)? Should I also reduce the perform time to a full round action then?

Togath
2013-01-15, 12:42 AM
How about if I reduce the duration, remove the supernatural gain, and make extraordinary abilities only active if the assumed form has them (since either myself or the summon must already have the ability)? Should I also reduce the perform time to a full round action then?

Sounds fine

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-15, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, I have a stupid question that I'm having trouble finding the answer to. If a character does not get their 8 hours of sleep (or 4 with the Light Sleeper feat) what penalties do they take in addition to not regaining HP, chakra, ability damage, etc?

dethkruzer
2013-01-15, 01:45 PM
well, mu google-fu pretty much failed me. but I'd guess first causing the character to become fatiqued, and later exhausted. I think some d20 book had something about sleep deprivation causing non-lethal damage.

Togath
2013-01-15, 11:21 PM
I think the penalties are just fatigue, and maybe later on exaustion.
I should also have the IC thread up sometime in the next hour.
I'll be starting with two teams of two, team 1 is Kurotsuchi and Kyouya, with team 2 being Miyamoto and Shogo.

Togath
2013-01-15, 11:40 PM
Team 1 IC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267979)
Team 2 IC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267980)

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 03:00 AM
Sorry for the late post. I'm working evening shifts this week so I likely won't be posting in the late afternoon. Though I am free tomorrow so I hope to be able to respond quicker. (I know it's PbP, but I'm still not fond of causing a slow start.)

Also thanks Dethkruzer and Togath. I typically try to google things too, before I ask, but there wasn't anything I could find with a sourced page and book.

Stolichnaya
2013-01-16, 11:42 PM
Sorry for not checking in, got caught up in stuff yesterday and today. I'll also hammer out a quick personality and appearance in this post in a bit to give deth something to key off of.

Togath
2013-01-17, 12:33 AM
Sorry for not checking in, got caught up in stuff yesterday and today. I'll also hammer out a quick personality and appearance in this post in a bit to give deth something to key off of.

no problem.

Also to answer whitemage's question about the teams being formed, it is indeed due to political tensions(even in times of peace, vanishing merchants and foreign shinobi could make a village feel nervous, especially one with a relatively low number of shinobi of itís own)

dethkruzer
2013-01-17, 06:39 AM
sorry for the wait, I was stuck on baby-sitting duty for most of yesterday, really didn't have time to sit down and write a post.

Togath
2013-01-17, 03:08 PM
No problem.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-18, 02:05 AM
I may not be posting on Sunday. My family is going camping over the weekend, and since I have the day to myself I figured I might as well join them for the day. There tends to be some leisure time out there, so I may get a post or two in, but otherwise I'll be out of touch.

dethkruzer
2013-01-18, 06:19 AM
@Togath: Should Shogo and Katsumi be interacting? or are we waiting for a post from you?

Togath
2013-01-18, 04:55 PM
Aye, I had been intending it, it worked well with team 1, but I could give coming up with a plot hook to add in now a go if you'd like:smallsmile:

*!* also, something I realized I forgot to clarify due to a question from whitemage;
all of the character's have "Genin" as a free/automatic bonus feat.
and looking at the rules, the armour proficiencies alternate rule(each class having some proficiency with armour) would also be useful(especially since at least one character is built under the assumption of it already:smallwink:)

dethkruzer
2013-01-18, 05:47 PM
shall the optional rule be put into use? because in that case I would have a feat to pick.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-18, 06:06 PM
shall the optional rule be put into use? because in that case I would have a feat to pick.

Yes, after Togath's clarifications (thanks btw) the feat you chose with your occupation is now free, so that slot has opened up. I'm sure our GM will let you rework them a little.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-18, 06:20 PM
Yes, after Togath's clarifications (thanks btw) the feat you chose with your occupation is now free, so that slot has opened up. I'm sure our GM will let you rework them a little.

Cool, now I have an extra feat too.

dethkruzer
2013-01-18, 06:26 PM
excellent, I'll look into some options, and probably do the chages tomorrow morning.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-18, 06:33 PM
Eh, got Training, moved some feats around, got Skilled, and grabbed 7 ranks of Taijutsu.

dethkruzer
2013-01-19, 10:17 AM
I'll take Ninjutsu adept, that way I'll get into Sword Savant ASAP.

Stolichnaya
2013-01-20, 02:13 AM
I apologize for the laxity in my posting; connection issues and my mother developing a severe case of pink-eye (thankfully resolved and on the mend after a visit to the hospital) both contrived to eat up my time. Working up a post in response to deth and debating what feat to take in lieu of Genin, now that Togath has clarified it as bonus feat (will probably be Improved Chakra Pool).

Togath
2013-01-20, 03:22 AM
No problem:smallsmile:

Stolichnaya
2013-01-20, 04:18 AM
Just a heads up in case it went unnoticed, but the system got an update:

Update Notes (http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60208&sid=0ec74eebb1ca86757dbdfb7181aa764b#60208)

dethkruzer
2013-01-20, 05:52 AM
seems like that update removed one of my techniques.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-20, 11:17 AM
Sorry Edro. I can't post IC now. Just thought I'd check up before leaving. I hear the reception out there is not great, but I'll try to throw up a post later if I can.

Togath
2013-01-20, 02:27 PM
Should we stay with the version we're on or try to update?
I could go either way.

dethkruzer
2013-01-20, 04:49 PM
well, the stuff removed from the previous version, the Samurai, Weaponsmaster, and associated techniques, can be found here (http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4118). They will supposedly by re-released in the upcoming Portfolio of Prestige. I'm really indifferent whether we update or stay, because pretty much everything is there.

Togath
2013-01-20, 05:26 PM
well, the stuff removed from the previous version, the Samurai, Weaponsmaster, and associated techniques, can be found here (http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4118). They will supposedly by re-released in the upcoming Portfolio of Prestige. I'm really indifferent whether we update or stay, because pretty much everything is there.

Well, I had been going to be using those removed aspects, so it depend son if they're still compatible.
If they are, then i suppose it couldn't hurt, if they aren't, then we'll stick.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-21, 06:59 PM
Well, I had been going to be using those removed aspects, so it depend son if they're still compatible.
If they are, then i suppose it couldn't hurt, if they aren't, then we'll stick.

The stuff taken out is moving to the upcoming Portfolia of Prestige, and there is a link containing the classes, techniques, feats, etc. on the forums too. So combatibility should not be an issue.

Edit: As dethkruzer pointed out above our two posts.

Togath
2013-01-22, 04:07 AM
The stuff taken out is moving to the upcoming Portfolia of Prestige, and there is a link containing the classes, techniques, feats, etc. on the forums too. So combatibility should not be an issue.

Edit: As dethkruzer pointed out above our two posts.

Ah, updating sounds fine then.:smallsmile:

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-23, 02:53 AM
Hey Togath. I just wanted to make a correction to what I said in the last PM and the message boards are telling me your inbox is full (or that you just don't like me anymore) so I'm posting it here. After a quick re-read of the basic game mechanics after work, I've come to find Wood can be a primary affinity. However, I don't know if the feat allows it or some other ability as its wording isn't great, and since it works so differently from the Hyouton feat a comparison doesn't help me much there.

Togath
2013-01-23, 10:33 PM
Hey Togath. I just wanted to make a correction to what I said in the last PM and the message boards are telling me your inbox is full (or that you just don't like me anymore) so I'm posting it here. After a quick re-read of the basic game mechanics after work, I've come to find Wood can be a primary affinity. However, I don't know if the feat allows it or some other ability as its wording isn't great, and since it works so differently from the Hyouton feat a comparison doesn't help me much there.

Ah, and aye, my inbox was full, I've freed it up a bit.
I'll also have some IC thread updates soon(I ended up busier than expected today)

Togath
2013-01-28, 05:20 AM
Are you still there Stolich?:smallsmile:

dethkruzer
2013-01-31, 10:02 AM
@Togath: Could you by any chance free up some space from your PM box? k thx.

Togath
2013-02-05, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry for the lack of updates the last few days, my laptop's cord melted(hadn't even known a laptop cord could met, and I mean really molten, to the point dripping melted plastic out the tip..I'm amazed it didn't damage the laptop), I should be able to return to my normal schedule tomorrow.

Togath
2013-02-07, 05:14 AM
I'm back:smallsmile:.
Updating thread now

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-07, 10:58 AM
Awesome :smallsmile: If something had to go wrong with your computer, at least it was an easy fix.

Also, before I make my post, is their any RP you want to do around your house Grimshell?

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-07, 03:22 PM
I'd prefer to skip it, mainly because I'm tired, have work tonight, and don't want to hold everyone up.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-09, 08:00 PM
Sorry guys, things have picked up on my end and I've been a lot busier than expected. I'll throw up a post after work, but don't let me hold you up.

It may be like this next weekend too. Hopefully it won't, but I can't say anything with certainty.

Togath
2013-02-11, 05:07 AM
Sorry guys, things have picked up on my end and I've been a lot busier than expected. I'll throw up a post after work, but don't let me hold you up.

It may be like this next weekend too. Hopefully it won't, but I can't say anything with certainty.

no problem, I've been busy as well recently(should calm down this week though)

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-12, 09:27 PM
Ugh, I'm already having trouble keeping the Ka-mi names straight XP

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-16, 03:26 AM
How are things going Togath?

Togath
2013-02-16, 03:38 AM
How are things going Togath?

Hectic the last few days, busy yesterday, but I now should be on a more normal schedule, at least for the next few week(also, IC update should eb up in a few minutes)

dethkruzer
2013-02-20, 07:19 AM
Just realized: Hachimon Tonkou techinques don't seem to have a chakra cost, either that, or i'm just retarded.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-20, 12:35 PM
No, you are correct in that they do not have a chakra cost, however they do not come without a price. In the case of these techniques you pay with your physical stamina (ie. HP, fatigue/exhaustion, and in later techniques temporary ability score damage). Kyumon Kai (Heal Gate) is the exception by dealing chakra damage.

EDIT: The folowing line from the mainfile may lead to some confusion, but I think the doubled "chakra cost" is left over from an older wording and should be applied to the chakra damage just like the regular damage is doubled.

Using any two Hachimon Tonkou consecutively without at least a 1 minute pause inbetween doubles the chakra cost paid or damage taken every round.

dethkruzer
2013-02-20, 01:20 PM
yeah, that was the bit that was confusing me, i'm aware of the damage taken, but the Chakra cost bit just threw me off. So it just means you take double chakra damage from the Second Gate.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-22, 09:27 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

dethkruzer
2013-02-22, 01:51 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-22, 02:20 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Really bad initiative so far... and I got a good roll :smalltongue:

(Underlined stuff was added)

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-22, 10:00 PM
Yay, I'm not last! Looks like you get the first move Grimshell, since the swarms does nothing this time.

Togath
2013-02-25, 03:25 AM
I'll skip Grimshell for now(moving you/him to right before the swarm for this round), so you're up next, Whitemage

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-25, 11:03 AM
And a 4 wins initiative... I actually won't be able to sit down at a computer and think out my turn for another hour or two, so if you're on before me Deth feel free to take your turn first.

dethkruzer
2013-02-25, 11:33 AM
I rolled a natural 1, so unless I'm mistaken, I go last.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-25, 01:23 PM
Natural rolls of 1 and 20 don't matter (except with attack rolls and saving throws). Although you did roll lower than I, I was offering to delay so you could post first (if you had the time), just to keep things moving.

Current initiative is as so...
Swarm (full round action to form)
Kagami (skipped until Grimshell has the time to post)
Kyouya (current turn)
Katsumi current turn

...but initiative can be a fluid, suggestive mechanic, not necessarily so rigid as "you rolled lowest so must go last."

EDIT: I made a post so I guess the matter is irrelevant for now.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-25, 03:17 PM
Sorry guys, I can't really focus on this game, Deth knows already, but I have a family problem going on and it's left me with less motivation to play certain games. Unfortunately this happens to be one of them, sorry guys, but I have to resign Kagami from this game.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-25, 03:39 PM
That's understandable. I'm sure we've all been at a point or another where we had to leave a game. I hope everything pans out for you Grimshell.

dethkruzer
2013-02-25, 04:52 PM
I'll try to get a post done tomorrow. Feeling a little ill today.

Togath
2013-02-27, 05:28 AM
Sorry guys, I can't really focus on this game, Deth knows already, but I have a family problem going on and it's left me with less motivation to play certain games. Unfortunately this happens to be one of them, sorry guys, but I have to resign Kagami from this game.

No problem:smallsmile:.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-27, 10:15 AM
Kagami is able to move the cart to provide shelter from the water, and the swarm is still building, so Katsumi is up next.(I may need a day or two to decide what to do with Kagami, whether to turn her into an npc, or just remove her)

Sounds fair. Originally we were doing teams of two so maybe NPC for this fight and take her out later? Oh, and Kyouya was the one who turned the cart.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-02, 11:10 PM
A ryo for your thoughts, Togath?

Togath
2013-03-04, 04:27 AM
A ryo for your thoughts, Togath?

Sorry, busy week, I should have a post up.
And aye, I'll have her be an npc for this fight, and then revert to a team of 2

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-04, 01:56 PM
So if I fail again could someone else make the post, and possibly tell me what I did wrong? (I didn't preview the post, or edit it until after it failed)

The rolls are
1d20+6 vs Fortitude
1d4 x5 ft of knockback
1d20+6 vs Reflex
3d6 Fire
1d6 Acid

so, in the same order...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

dethkruzer
2013-03-06, 02:30 PM
was it possible to draw a weapon as part of a move action?

EDIT: Nevermind.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-06, 03:55 PM
It probably won't matter this turn Deth but, Gekisai won't have the knock-back effect because swarms are immune to effects that target a limited number of creatures. Though it did take full damage from your last attack, and I was under the impression they halved weapon damage on the chance they suffer damage at all. So maybe there's something going on that we don't know about?

Anyway, I wanted to warn you guys I may be gone on the 25th through 28th. It'll be my last desert trip of the season so I don't think I'll have anymore absences for awhile afterwards. I'll have my phone on me so if I can get reception I will check the game daily, and post if able.

dethkruzer
2013-03-06, 05:18 PM
four days isn't that bad, not for me at least.

Togath
2013-03-09, 05:19 AM
Anyway, I wanted to warn you guys I may be gone on the 25th through 28th. It'll be my last desert trip of the season so I don't think I'll have anymore absences for awhile afterwards. I'll have my phone on me so if I can get reception I will check the game daily, and post if able.

I should also have an update up in a few minutes.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-17, 03:50 AM
So I've been sore and sick the past few days, and work hasn't slowed down for that. It has also really affected my sleep schedule, but if I can't go to sleep in the next hour or two I'll see if I can come up with anything to post in the in-game thread.

Togath
2013-03-18, 11:39 AM
Issues have come up(as in, my laptop seems to have been killed by a virus, or at least a bug), leaving me with only my work computer for the next few days.
when I get chances to, I'll likely update the thread, but I'm going to be online less often for a little while.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-18, 10:57 PM
Ouch, that's rough. Hopefully the damage is reversible.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-21, 04:37 PM
Hey, did either of you guys join the New Leaf Nin game on RPoL? I wanna ask what you think of my build, but if we'll be playing together I'd rather save it for the role play.

dethkruzer
2013-03-21, 05:01 PM
RPol? What's that?

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-21, 05:54 PM
Stands for RolePlay onLine (I dunno why the letters are capitalized the way they are). It's where I got started with my first online experience, and along with GitP the two sites have hosted pretty much every game I've played, except for IRC games. GM's there are like moderators of their own subforums, and in my opinion the dice roller is easier to use. Definitely a site worth looking at.

Unfortunately, it's time for work for me, and probably super late where you are Deth, so if neither of you mind I'll post my concept for review in few hours.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-22, 03:43 AM
Been home for about 4 hours now, and just realized I forgot to post the character.

...removed.

Togath
2013-03-24, 05:39 AM
Ouch, that's rough. Hopefully the damage is reversible.

aye, I'm not 100% sure yet, since I've tried everything I can think of, save for resetting it to it's baseline(which I'm going to have a friend who knows how to, do tomorrow)

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-24, 03:55 PM
I'll add an initiative post after work, just wanted to remind you guys my posting availability will be splotchy the next few days.

dethkruzer
2013-03-24, 04:02 PM
sure. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.

dethkruzer
2013-03-25, 01:59 PM
I... think that's a natural 20.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-26, 09:10 PM
Well, for whatever reason my phone keeps connecting to towers in Mexico and trying to charge me for using it abroad. I haven't even checked the in game thread the past two days. But I'll be back thursday night (on the US West Coast). I really thought I could be a little active, sorry about that.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-29, 12:44 AM
I'm back, and it looks like there's not much catching up for me to do. It seems you won Initiative Deth. Were you waiting for something I didn't see?

Togath
2013-04-01, 09:33 PM
GM Post will be up in a moment

Togath
2013-04-01, 09:42 PM
Rolling Fort saves for the Nin.
VS. Kasumi:[roll0]
VS. Kyouya:[roll1]

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-03, 02:13 PM
Hey, does anyone care if we keep a strict initiative order? Since there's only one enemy our turns aren't really broken up any (it'll just keep going us, him, us, him). I'll wait to post after Deth's turn if it will cause a problem. I just think it'll let things run a little smoother is all.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-03, 07:59 PM
Yup, somehow managed to miss an opponent with no armor bonus, no dex bonus, and a -2 penalty to defense. Let's make this more humiliating and miss even while adding an action point to the roll.

[roll0]

Togath
2013-04-07, 05:29 AM
Sorry for lack of updates, I've been having trouble keeping up with anything this past week.
edit: and no problem, I'm fine with fluid initiative:smallsmile:

dethkruzer
2013-04-07, 07:22 AM
There actually wasn't any attack involved with Kai-mon Kai, it just buffs me for a few rounds.

Also, assuming the mystery ninja doesn't have the Improved trip feat or is using a weapon that allows for trip attempts, I can make an attack of opportunity, which I'll go ahead and roll.

Fullblade AoO attack roll: [roll0]
Fullblade damage roll: [roll1]

and then I'll go ahead and roll my strength check to oppose the enemies strength check.

Strength check: [roll2]

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-07, 11:50 AM
I'm fine with using saving scores. I think it'll make things easier in the long run and I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet. Besides, looking at my rolls thus far, I'd rather not constantly fail my saving throws too XD

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-08, 12:25 PM
I think Katsumi is waiting on the result of the trip attempt. It wasn't clear if the 22 the opponent rolled was the touch attack roll or the opposed strength check. But if it was the strength check, their massive +5 bonus would make me question why the opponent would be worried about melee combat.

(Also, if Katsumi does get the attack of opportunity he'll deal 22 damage on a hit. +6 from strength on a two-handed weapon rather than +4.)

dethkruzer
2013-04-08, 12:37 PM
pretty much yeah, I was assuming it was the touch attack, which would hit, which was why I did all the rolls, and I completely forgot the two-handed bit.

Togath
2013-04-10, 10:29 AM
I'll get a post up soon, just need to make the strength check(he'll probably lose, but might as well try).
[roll0]

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-10, 06:14 PM
So, after Katsumi stunned the enemy and I cleared the smoke we rushed in. That turn Katsumi opened the first gate and I failed to hit with a touch attack. The enemy, now recovered from the stunning effect, tried to trip Katsumi but failed taking a heavy hit to the gut. After which I attacked unarmed and Katsumi attempted a nonlethal strike. So it is now the enemies turn again.

Sorry, just clearing this up for myself. The posts got kind of messy during the trip attempt. I'll try to keep a more watchful eye to avoid posting out of order again :smallredface:

dethkruzer
2013-04-16, 09:13 AM
so, are we still going?

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-16, 02:41 PM
I'm still here!

Togath
2013-04-17, 01:39 AM
so, are we still going?

Yes, just got sidetracked.
I'll have a post up in a jiffy

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-19, 08:10 PM
If I'm on again before you Togath I'll try to add another post, after work. But at this point I feel we're ready to move on and anything I have to add will just be a one or two liner.

Togath
2013-04-29, 11:43 PM
ok(and sorry for the lack of posts, both before the forum outage, and today)

dethkruzer
2013-04-30, 12:12 AM
that's quite alright.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-05-01, 03:48 AM
It's all good. I'll be getting back in the swing of things too with a post this early afternoon. (Too sleepy to do so now :smallsigh:)

WhiteMageSavant
2013-05-06, 04:20 PM
Dunno how things are on your end Togath, but Deth and I are waiting for you. Our posts started a new page, just thought I'd bring it up since you've mentioned before you sometimes miss that.

Togath
2013-05-07, 12:05 AM
Dunno how things are on your end Togath, but Deth and I are waiting for you. Our posts started a new page, just thought I'd bring it up since you've mentioned before you sometimes miss that.

ah, sorry, and aye, i had(really need to remember to check that).. getting a post up now

WhiteMageSavant
2013-05-08, 11:10 PM
Sorry I've had trouble forming a post in response. Is Toradago saying he'll speak with Mirushu and we should wait for his instructions, or that we should find the village leader and speak with him ourselves?

Togath
2013-05-12, 01:38 AM
Sorry about the lack of response.. no real excuse this time other than I lost track of time.
and aye, I meant for him to mean that it would be a good idea to tell Mirushu about this, while the nin was being processed.