PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Divinity (3.5 Feat Chain, PEACH)

Noctis Vigil
2013-01-13, 03:49 AM
Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS10+
Benefits: You bear a mark upon your body (usually upon the hand) in the shape of your deity's holy symbol. This symbol is in a color significant to your deity (eg: gold for Pelor, green for Ehlonna), and functions as a holy symbol when casting spells. In addition, choose one level 0 spell appropriate for your deity to grant (eg: light or cure minor wounds for Pelor); you may use this spell once a day (caster level equals your character level). Lastly, you gain a +2 untyped bonus on all Charisma-based checks when dealing with a person or creature who follows your deity.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 10, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 10+ again.
Special: This feat is permanently lost should you grossly violate the teachings or ways of your deity. Only an atonement spell can get the feat back under these circumstances, and only if you still qualify for it.
Special: You may not have this feat more than once.

Improved Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS11+, Mark of Divinity
Benefits: Choose one domain your deity grants; you gain access to that domain, and may use the first level spell granted by it once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Mark of Divinity 3 times a day. Lastly, you gain all the benefits of the domain's granted power. For the purpose of domain powers, your Cleric level is your character level. Any domain that grants class skills makes those skills class skills for all classes. If you choose the Sun domain, you may use the domain power once a day.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 11, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 11+ again.
Special: This feat is permanently lost should you grossly violate the teachings or ways of your deity. Only an atonement spell can get the feat back under these circumstances, and only if you still qualify for it.

Greater Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS12+, character level 3, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the second level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Improved Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 12, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 12+ again.

Superior Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS13+, character level 5, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the third level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Greater Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Improved Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 13, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 13+ again.

Mighty Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS14+, character level 7, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the fourth level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Superior Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Greater Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 14, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 14+ again.

Blessed Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS15+, character level 9, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity, Mighty Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the fifth level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Mighty Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Superior Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 15, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 15+ again.

Saintly Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS16+, character level 11, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity, Mighty Mark of Divinity, Blessed Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the sixth level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Blessed Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Mighty Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 16, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 16+ again.

Hallowed Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS17+, character level 13, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity, Mighty Mark of Divinity, Blessed Mark of Divinity, Saintly Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the seventh level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Saintly Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Blessed Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 17, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 17+ again.

Revered Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS18+, character level 15, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity, Mighty Mark of Divinity, Blessed Mark of Divinity, Saintly Mark of Divinity, Hallowed Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the eighth level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Hallowed Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Saintly Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 18, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 18+ again.

Sacred Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS19+, character level 17, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity, Mighty Mark of Divinity, Blessed Mark of Divinity, Saintly Mark of Divinity, Hallowed Mark of Divinity, Revered Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You may use the ninth level spell granted by the domain chosen when you took Improved Mark of Divinity once per day (caster level equals your character level). In addition, you may use the spell granted by Revered Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Hallowed Mark of Divinity at will.
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 19, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 19+ again.

Exalted Mark of Divinity
Prerequisites: Must have a deity, must match deity's alignment, WIS20+ (see description), character level 21+, Epic Spellcasting, Mark of Divinity, Improved Mark of Divinity, Greater Mark of Divinity, Superior Mark of Divinity, Mighty Mark of Divinity, Blessed Mark of Divinity, Saintly Mark of Divinity, Hallowed Mark of Divinity, Revered Mark of Divinity, Sacred Mark of Divinity
Benefits: You gain one additional divine epic spell slot. In addition, you may use the spell granted by Sacred Mark of Divinity 3 times a day, and the spell granted by Revered Mark of Divinity at will. Lastly, this spell grants you a -5 DC reduction when crafting epic spells containing one divine epic spellcrafting seed associated with your deity (choose one specific seed when you gain this feat).
Special: This feat is temporarily lost should you ever change your alignment such that it doesn't match that of your deity or if your Wisdom drops below 20, the symbol fading to look like an old scar. It returns if you change your alignment back or restore your Wisdom to 20+ again.
Special: You may take this feat more than once. You gain one additional divine epic spell slot each time you take it, and apply a -5 DC reduction when crafting epic spells containing one divine epic spellcrafting seed associated with your deity each time you take it (but you may not choose the same seed more than 10 times, nor the same seed twice in a row). Additionally, the second time you take this feat, you gain the ability to use the spell granted by Sacred Mark of Divinity at will. Lastly, each time you take this feat the Wisdom requirement increases by one (so the second time you take it you need a Wisdom of 21, the third time you need Wis 22, et cetera).

Erik Vale
2013-01-13, 04:14 AM
Whilst your looking at 12 feats, this chain can grant wish as an at will ability with certain domains. However, with other domains, the only 1 spell X times [1, 3, unlimited] times/day of various levels should have this balanced.
Of course, it's homebrew, so GM can say no to getting infinite wishes without any qualms.

Remainds me of a feat chain that allowed noncasters to eventually reach level 9 wizard or sorcerer casting.

Oh, put a level limit on it, otherwise humans with 2 flaws are getting 4 feats up the chain at level 1.

Edit: My mistake, unlimited miracles is the capstone for the luck domain, so DM can veto them with ease.

Amechra
2013-01-13, 04:29 AM
Human Human Paragon with 2 flaws + taking all the feats in this chain once = you're getting 4th level spells at level 2, 5th level spells at 3rd, 9th level at 15th, and an epic spell slot at 18th level

Maybe put level requirements on them? I could scrounge up more bonus feats so as to get access to the higher spell levels quicker, not to mention games where people give you more feats...

ArcturusV
2013-01-13, 04:40 AM
Saw the first feat, went "Oh, this is neat", second one, "Hmm. Okay. Pretty neat.", but as I went on my mind just started reeling from all the crazy things that having an At-Will level 5 spell, for example, might actually mean in the game (Before a primary spellcaster would even have access to 5th level magic). Thus I more or less am agreeing with Amecha on that one. I think it needs a reasonable level cap rather than the Wisdom Cap it has, or maybe in addition to the Wisdom Cap. And it just strikes me as something where if I sat down and thought about what a certain level human might have with these feats it can get scary, like the aforementioned Unlimited Wishing. But even just having things like unlimited cure spells at will would be a huge change to the dynamic of most every 3rd/3.5 edition game I've played, so it wouldn't even have to be any particularly "broken" spell/domain that might be able to unhinge a campaign.

If it comes down to it, if I had them in my campaign I'd probably put a cap on it so when you get a particular feat, it's 1/day on the level you just got, and +1/day on the previous levels, with a cap of 4/day.

Erik Vale
2013-01-13, 04:48 AM
Human Human Paragon with 2 flaws + taking all the feats in this chain once = you're getting 4th level spells at level 2, 5th level spells at 3rd, 9th level at 15th, and an epic spell slot at 18th level

Maybe put level requirements on them? I could scrounge up more bonus feats so as to get access to the higher spell levels quicker, not to mention games where people give you more feats...

The epic one requires you to have the epic spellcasting, so no to that last one.
Not that it helps much.

But I agree, perhaps a cap based on max Cleric/Favoured soul spells per day.
Hey, this is favoured soul in feat form.

Zireael
2013-01-13, 09:06 AM
I like the idea and the first two, maybe three.

A level requirement for the feats further than the first two is sorely needed. Probably also a level in spellcasting class...

Noctis Vigil
2013-01-13, 10:24 AM
OK, level requirements added, I really should have caught that and added them without being told. Now you can't get casting until a spellcaster could normally get it.

As for getting it at will, any of you who have seen some of my other homebrew know I'm not too worried about a few at will spells. If anyone knows any specific domains that will cause huge problems to get at will casting with let me know, but I don't recall any that would break it too horribly (any more than spellcasting in general breaks things, anyways).

Erik Vale
2013-01-13, 05:17 PM
Level requirments seem in line. Maybe drop a level purely because you only get one spell at first, and then 3 for a few levels after, but there is no real need.

The only broken core domain I know is luck, which as said, results in At Will Miracle.
But that spell has a built in DM Says No switch.