PDA

View Full Version : Simple Flame Blade for Clerics?

shadow_archmagi
2013-01-13, 10:37 AM
I'd like to combine Intuitive Strike (wis to hit) with Power Attack with Flame Blade/Ice Axe/Moon Blade/etc to allow me to make a melee capable cleric that doesn't require a STR investment.

Ice Axe is beautiful, but unfortunately, Intuitive Strike only works with simple weapons, and axes are martial. Moonblade can (arguably) simulate a dagger, but that's no good to me, because daggers are light so no power attack.

Darrin
2013-01-13, 11:14 AM
Hmmm. Thunderlance, maybe? Does that attack as a club or staff? Good luck getting it on a cleric spell list, though.

shadow_archmagi
2013-01-13, 11:18 AM
Hmmm. Thunderlance, maybe? Does that attack as a club or staff? Good luck getting it on a cleric spell list, though.

It isn't specified, but I'd be forced to yield to the argument that it counts as a lance, since it's a 20 foot pole with lance in the name.

Darrin
2013-01-13, 11:33 AM
It isn't specified, but I'd be forced to yield to the argument that it counts as a lance, since it's a 20 foot pole with lance in the name.

Except wizards aren't proficient with lances.

shadow_archmagi
2013-01-14, 07:46 AM
How cheesey would it be to say that if the weapon is untyped, it's simple?

ArcturusV
2013-01-14, 07:52 AM
Cheesy. Though possibly played off a little less cheesy by saying that the divine source you channel your spells from give you divine guidance to use said spell weapon for the length of the spell's duration. Least that would be a little easier for most people to swallow.