PDA

View Full Version : pf cleric bomb

Exirtadorri
2013-01-13, 12:10 PM
Ok so i was a rogue who was killed by a lich. I called out to the universe and the dawnflower answered.

I got to reassign my scores and redo my feats.

My driving goal is to kill this lich. He ia guarded by the usual undead masses but also by big monsters. What im looking for is a spell caster cleric who could drop a nuke. Im currently level 8 so any advice woulf help. Feats spells and archetypes are welcome.

Pf only! No 3.5.

Corlindale
2013-01-13, 12:40 PM
Repose domain has an aura that might be very helpful when fighting liches.

There aren't many "nuke" spells on the cleric list, though. You could perhaps try to optimize Holy Word to ridiculous extents (getting all the CL boosts you can find), that can be a pretty nice strategy even if it doesn't come online until level 13.

Exirtadorri
2013-01-13, 12:45 PM
I was honestly thinking the same thing about holy word. What i think im going to do is go theologian with the fire domain. I already get fire resist so the free metamagic would be good. So how do uou raise cl in pathfinder? Also do you know any decent ways to make my fire damage go through the roof?

I must be human and only cleric.

Any other tricks would rock

Corlindale
2013-01-13, 12:54 PM
Spell Specialization is +2, and there's a trait for a further +1. Then it gets a little more tricky from there. Some spells may help, such as Death Knell.

Prayer Beads can raise it by +4, but they are single-use and very expensive - so best reserved for "nuke" purposes.

EDIT: Spell Perfection offers a further +2 when added to Spell Specialization, forgot about that one.

Exirtadorri
2013-01-13, 01:02 PM
Ok kool. What trait is that? Isnt there also an ioun stone for that as well?

jmelesky
2013-01-14, 06:29 PM
There's also an ioun stone that gives +1 caster level. And you can get a varisian tattoo (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/varisian-tattoo) for the appropriate school (evocation, in the case of Holy Word), which is another +1.

Exirtadorri
2013-01-14, 08:20 PM
That is badass