PDA

View Full Version : Any way to raise initiator level for non-warblades, crusaders, and swordsages?

Hirax
2013-01-13, 05:32 PM
Aura of perfect order is a wonderful thing that I'd love for more characters to have, but unfortunately you need to have an initiator level of 11 to get it. Is there any way to raise your initiator level without dipping into martial adept classes?

AmberVael
2013-01-13, 05:36 PM
I think you still have to take a single initiator dip to make it work, but Bloodline levels (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm) can raise your effective initiator level as effectively as initiator levels.

Darrin
2013-01-13, 08:12 PM
Aura of perfect order is a wonderful thing that I'd love for more characters to have, but unfortunately you need to have an initiator level of 11 to get it. Is there any way to raise your initiator level without dipping into martial adept classes?

As already mentioned, bloodline levels raise your IL, but nobody really knows how they work.

Legacy Champion or Uncanny Trickster can be used to advance your IL a little quicker, but it's a bit wonky... each level counts as +0.5 IL, and then you use the "advance class features" ability to advance a martial adept level by +1.0.

You can also use Martial Study to get the two prereqs and then take Martial Stance to get it as a Warblade or Swordsage stance once your IL is 11.

There's also Master of Nine (although I consider it more of a trap... due to all the prereq feats, its easier to just take Martial Study/Stance instead). If you PrC into Ruby Knight Vindicator from Warblade/Swordsage, you can also pick up a Devoted Spirit stance at RKV 1 and 6. Jade Phoenix Mage 5 can also get a Devoted Spirit stance.

ngilop
2013-01-13, 08:20 PM
Rule zero works too

I personally hated that WotC came out with Fighters, Rogues, and Paladisn REDUX: then said 'those classes we fixed only get 1/2 the goodness'

I put every class that has a full BAB equal to their IL

actually I just based IL off of BAB completely. for classes that is

why can a wizard be just as good as being awesomely skills in a fight as a damn FIGHTER? Just another way to screw some classes over cuz WoTC screwed up and never would admit it.

Aracor
2013-01-13, 09:42 PM
Rule zero works too

I personally hated that WotC came out with Fighters, Rogues, and Paladisn REDUX: then said 'those classes we fixed only get 1/2 the goodness'

I put every class that has a full BAB equal to their IL

actually I just based IL off of BAB completely. for classes that is

why can a wizard be just as good as being awesomely skills in a fight as a damn FIGHTER? Just another way to screw some classes over cuz WoTC screwed up and never would admit it.

But wouldn't that mean that swordsages only have an IL of 15 at level 20?