PDA

View Full Version : hey quick question

inuyasha
2013-01-13, 10:53 PM
I was just watching the show He-man and saw the character faker (a clone of the main hero) and I was just wondering, is there a way to create a soul for use in giving life to a body made from stone to flesh or clone, without using an already alive persons soul? And by soul I dont just mean the same magical force that makes flesh golems

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-13, 11:12 PM
Two options spring instantly to mind;

The awaken construct spell from savage species. (may have been updated in the spell compendium, but I don't recall)

and the soulfused construct template in Magic of Incarnum. Unfortunately there is no explicitly RAW way to apply this template to a construct as a PC.

Flickerdart
2013-01-13, 11:17 PM
There's no way to infuse intelligent life into a clone or statue, but you can make a simulacrum or ice assassin that comes living and intelligent out of the box.

inuyasha
2013-01-13, 11:20 PM
I actually do not have magic of incarnum but that does sound cool. and with the template from savage species, that's a good idea but you cast the spell on an already built construct, what Im wondering is what if you create a body with clone, the body needs a soul to do anything but the person you cloned is still alive, can you construct a soul or something? another idea is is there rules for using the souls trapped in a gem with the spell trap the soul to power a body?

inuyasha
2013-01-13, 11:22 PM
There's no way to infuse intelligent life into a clone or statue, but you can make a simulacrum or ice assassin that comes living and intelligent out of the box.

oh ok...:smallfrown:

inexorabletruth
2013-01-14, 12:18 AM
There's the... erm what's it called. I'm at work so I don't have my books handy.

I think it's called Fleshmade template. It's a template applied to golems that makes them living constructs of flesh and blood for use as a PC. Somebody correct me if I got the template name wrong. DMs call it cheese because it comes with a helpful little LA -2 that is seriously easy to exploit, but it kind of does what you're looking for.

After all, a golem is nothing more than a statue, suit of armor, etc infused with an elemental, right?

Flickerdart
2013-01-14, 12:22 AM
There's the... erm what's it called. I'm at work so I don't have my books handy.

I think it's called Fleshmade template. It's a template applied to golems that makes them living constructs of flesh and blood for use as a PC. Somebody correct me if I got the template name wrong. DMs call it cheese because it comes with a helpful little LA -2 that is seriously easy to exploit, but it kind of does what you're looking for.

After all, a golem is nothing more than a statue, suit of armor, etc infused with an elemental, right?
Incarnate Construct, Savage Species. Most golems don't actually have an LA, though, so it doesn't help in most cases.

Golems are far more complicated than elementals stapled to inanimate objects.

inuyasha
2013-01-14, 12:22 AM
Actually, while flipping through my books a moment ago I answered my own question. I feel stupid now, I remembered how easy it is to create a custom spell :smallredface: and you might see it in the homebrew section soon :smallsmile:

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-14, 12:24 AM
Not sure that being "alive" necessarily implies that you get a soul. Probably some fluffing that could be done here.

Incarnate construct template from Savage Species also grants life to a construct.

Off the top of my head, there is no spell/effect that specifically makes a "soul" to put into a body.

You could always go get a larva from the lower plains and jam it in a body. They seem to be the souls of the damned in currency form, and so could work. Not sure you should necessarily trust the resulting creature, though.