PDA

View Full Version : All in a Day's Work OOC



Amnestic
2013-01-14, 05:41 AM
Sheet Archive
{table=head]Player|Character|Class|Race
Mordae|Aephren (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14453412&postcount=4)|Duskblade//Swashbuckler|Elf
Diarmuid|Nikolas (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=25496)|Hexblade/PoT//Rogue|Human
Lix Lorn|Violet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491440)|Ascetic//Sorcerer|Human
NotScaryBats|Katasha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491958)|Cleric//GTG/Fighter/Barbarian|Strongheart Halfling/Gravetouched Ghoul[/table]

IC Thread: Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267735)

Be sure to pick a text color for your dialogue. I've stolen red and darkred because I'm the DM and thus am evil - originally just red but after seeing all the dialogue in my first IC post, I opted to switch to DarkRed 'cos it was actually painful on the eyes. I'll be using other colours as necessary during dialogue with multiple NPCs and stuffs. If you have any further questions about things, now is the time to ask them!

Occasionally I might mark spoilers with specific player/character names, this is for info only that player should read! Obviously I can't stop you reading it but I'd appreciate it if you didn't. You might say "Well, why not just PM the info?" Normally I don't because it'll only be small snippets of stuff and it takes time to sort out PMing things - it's inelegant. For large text dumps though, I will do so.

There's probably something else I've forgotten to fix which someone will remind me of, but until it becomes an issue, it's fine. Probably!

Edit: Hey Amnestic, you know what an awesome idea would be? Forgetting to include a direct link to the IC thread! That's a great idea!

Mordae
2013-01-14, 07:26 AM
Aephren checking in here. I shall choose my favorite Dark Orange.

The Sheet:

Aephren
Male Elf Duskblade 5//Swashbuckler 5
Chaotic Good

Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 23 (+6)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 8 (-1)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Size: Medium
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 115 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Green
Hair: Pale Blond

Total Hit Points: 34/38

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +6 [dexterity]
AC (mage armored): 20 = 10 + 6 [dexterity] + 4 [mage armor]
AC (mage armored, dodging): 22 = 10 + 6 [dexterity] + 4 [mage armor] + 1 [Dodge] + 1
Touch AC: 15
Flat-footed: 12

Initiative modifier: +6 = +6 [dexterity]

Fortitude save: +5 = 4 [base] +1 [constitution]
Reflex save: +7 = 1 [base] +6 [dexterity] +1 [swashbuckler]
Will save: +3 = 4 [base] -1 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld): +5 = 5 [base]
Attack (finesse): +11 = 5 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Attack (unarmed): +5 = 5 [base]
Attack (missile): +11 = 5 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +5 = 5 [base]

Light load: 33lb
Medium load: 34-66lb
Heavy load: 67-100lb
Lift over head: 100lb
Lift off ground: 200lb
Push or drag: 500lb

Languages: Common Draconic Elven Sylvan

Weapons:
+1 Keen Elven Lightblade [1d6+1, crit 15-20/x2, 1 lb., one-handed, piercing] +2 damage [swashbuckler; to crit-vulnerable creatures only]

Armor:
Clothes +0

Feats:
Combat Casting [free to duskblades at level 2]
Combat Expertise
Dodge
Weapon Finesse [free to swashbucklers at level 1]

Skills:
Appraise (Int) +2 = +2 [Int]
Balance (Dex)* +7 = +5 [Int] +2 [Ranks]
Bluff (Cha) 0 = +0 [Ranks]
Climb (Str)* 2 = +0 [Str] +2 [Ranks]
Concentration (Con) +3 = +1 [Con] +2 [Ranks]
Diplomacy (Cha) +4 = +0 [Cha] +4 [Ranks]
Escape Artist (Dex)* 9 = +5 [Dex] +4 [Ranks]
Forgery (Int) +2 = +2 [Int]
Gather Information (Cha) +0 = +0
Hide (Dex)* +5 = +5 [Dex]
Jump (Str)* +2 = +0 [Str] +2 [Ranks]
Knowledge (geography) (Int) +6 = +2 [Int] +4 [Ranks]
Knowledge (history) (Int) +6 = +2 [Int] +4 [Ranks]
Listen (Wis) +3 = -1 [Wis] +2 [Ranks] +2 [elf]
Move Silently (Dex)* +5 = +5 [Dex]
Perform (Sing) (Cha) +2 = +0 [Cha] +2 [Ranks]
Perform (Dance) (Cha) +2 = +0 [Cha] +2 [Ranks]
Ride (Dex) +5 = +5 [Dex]
Search (Int) +6 = +2 [Int] +2 [Ranks] +2 [elf]
Sense Motive (Wis) -1 = -1 [Wis]
Spellcraft (Int) +4 = +2 [Int] +2 [Ranks]
Spot (Wis) +3 = -1 [Wis] +2 [Ranks] +2 [elf]
Survival (Wis) -1 = -1 [Wis]
Swim (Str)** +0 = +0 [Str]
Tumble (Dex)* +7 = +5 [Dex] +2 [Ranks]
Use Rope (Dex) +5 = +5 [Dex]

* = check penalty for wearing armor

0th-level Duskblade spells: 6 per day: Ray of Frost, Acid Splash
1st-level Duskblade spells: 6 (5+1) per day: Chill Touch, Jump, Mage Armor, Shocking Grasp, True Strike
2nd-level Duskblade spells: 3 (2+1) per day: Touch of Idiocy

Elf:
+2 dexterity / -2 constitution
Immune to magical sleep
+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments
Low-light vision
Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow
+2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks
Notice secret doors

Duskblade:
Arcane Attunment 5/day: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Read Magic
[S]Armored Mage (medium)Combat Casting @ level 2
Arcane Channeling (standard)
Quick Cast 1/day

Swashbuckler:
Weapon Finesse @ level 1
Grace +1 to Reflex saves
Insightful Strike +Int damage with Finesse to crit-vulnerable creatures
Dodge +1 swashbuckler bonus to same target as Dodge feat

Equipment:
Standard Adventurer's Kit with silk rope instead of hemp (25gp)
Hat of Disguise (1800gp)
Pipes of Sounding (1800gp)
Gloves of Dexterity +2 (4000gp)
+1 Keen Elven Lightblade (4350gp)


The Elf:

As a young child, Aephren was raised among his woodland kind in the High Forest, where his family and several other clans practiced the old ways and reveled in the eternal sunshine of their long lives. Singing and dancing were favorite pastimes of the fey living in the shadows of the Lost Peaks, and at night when the stars shone clearly the elders would tell tales of mighty Eaerlann and Cormanthyr, whose golden days might yet come again should the elven spirit be willing.

In his one hundred twentieth year, Aephren's father brought the young elf along with the rest of his family on a pilgrimage to the Cormathyr, in search of forgotten shrines that might spark memories and passions to bring back the old times, in search of long-lost kin that may yet believe in the united dominion of elf and wood. Yet like the dreams of a renewed Eaerlann, the overland voyage was doomed from early on, as the party was ambushed by goblins while passing by the Trollbark Forest just outside Baldur's Gate. The group became separated, and Aephren found himself fleeing southward alone.

Were it not for the armed band of mercenaries, the Beryl Blades, guarding a caravan from Waterdeep, this would have been the end of the young elf's tale. The hardened warriors easily mowed down the pursuing goblins, affording safety for the barely-adult woodlander. Under their aegis he passed into Baldur's Gate, where he found shelter with his own meager resources while awaiting the arrival of the remainder of his family where they would join up with any of the merchants traveling eastward toward Cormyr.

Days passed, then months, and as the silver coins trickled from his pocket to the innkeeper Aephren realized that he was to be alone in his journey. Leaning on his knowledge of song and dance, he applied himself to the industry of entertainment at the Purple Worm Inn and Tavern. He learned flashy, theatrical swordplay and the rudiments of magic at the behest of the company master, for Aephren's fey looks better enabled him to play the parts of great elven wizards and warriors on stage. But the mightiest of roles, the fabled Josidiah Starym, was reserved for Aephren's mentor among the company, an aged elf who went only by the stage name "Illuminus."

Over years of training for what he presumed was purely an act, Aephren earned the respect of Illuminus for his hard work and dedication to the craft. It was only after nigh on fifteen years as an understudy that Illuminus revealed that he was, in truth, a bladesinger long retired from adventuring. The skills he was imparting to Aephren were the first rudiments of the bladesong, and on account of the younger's devotion to the craft Illuminus agreed to mentor him in the ancient Tel'Quessir art.

Under renewed tutelage, Aephren's abilities and stature among the company grew by leaps and bounds, and by his own words the young elf considered himself happy to remain among the minstrelsy forever. That is, until word came that the Beryl Blades were looking for new members. Recalling his years-old debt, Aephren realized that his blossoming powers of bladesong could be put to better use than amusing merchants. With the blessing of Illuminus and the sorrow of the increasingly rich company master, Aephren bid farewell to Baldur's Gate and set his feet upon the south road leading to Athkatla...


The Legend:
No, there's nothing here yet. That's why we play the game!

Diarmuid
2013-01-14, 09:17 AM
Nikolas here and I'll choose Blue.

So I can properly gauge the inevitable IC reactions, we have all just recently been recruited so we dont know each other, correct?

Also, what are the physical implications of a Gravetouched Ghoul? Do they look funny, do they smell bad, etc?

Amnestic
2013-01-14, 09:52 AM
So I can properly gauge the inevitable IC reactions, we have all just recently been recruited so we dont know each other, correct?

You'll have briefly met beforehand when you were sorted into groups, but there hasn't yet been any real introductions.


Also, what are the physical implications of a Gravetouched Ghoul? Do they look funny, do they smell bad, etc?

Katasha is using a Hat of Disguise to change their appearance, though that wouldn't disguise the smell I don't think so that needs to be taken into account unless there were other steps to conceal it.

Then again, mercenaries are probably used to smelling like death so...:smalltongue:

Diarmuid
2013-01-14, 10:19 AM
That living flesh diet dependency should be fun to play out =). Also, shouldnt she be Chaotic Evil as opposed to Neutral Evil?

Edit - NM on the alignment, actual text in LM doesnt mention the alignment restriction that the old candlekeep index file does. There's also no mention of an extraordinary smell, that may be Ghasts I was thinking of...so probably just a general undead "funk" that might not be completely out of place amongst "adventuring mercerery types", heh =).

Lix Lorn
2013-01-14, 11:15 AM
yes yes yes yes yes ^^
Traditionally, I use DarkOrchid.

Diarmuid
2013-01-14, 11:40 AM
Can I make a small request that everyone include at least a short physical description with their initial post?

Nice to at least know what race people are, who appears to be wearing armor, and what kinds of weapons (or other iconic items, spell comp pouch/visible holy symbol/etc) are visible.

Amnestic
2013-01-14, 11:45 AM
3 out of 4, going well so far :smalltongue: If NotScaryBats' profile location is accurate then they're about 8 hours behind me I think, so it's still early morning for them I guess?

[roll0]

Edit:
Diarmuid:-
Your Knowledge Local tells you that recently the Shadow Thieves have been going through something of a power struggle between two major players in the guild which may be what allowed the Dark Sword Thieves to set up shop in the first place. There may be a hint of desperation to hiring the BBM to remove them, though since they're so secretive it's hard to be sure.

In addition, the Cowled Wizards are also struggling a little lately and don't hold the same power that they used to. Still, they're certainly in a better position than the Shadow Thieves.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-14, 01:41 PM
lol, yeah, you said your English? I'm Pacific Northwest so you posted at 2AM my time.

Shouldn't be a problem, I hope.

As for Grave touched Ghoul, the reason I chose it over ghoul is because there is no stench ex su or otherwise. Normally, such creatures are smiled upon by Doresain the Ghoul King, but since this is FR, I chose Umberlee.

I will write in DarkGreen and will post IC on my break in about two hours <3

Diarmuid
2013-01-14, 04:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, is that supposed to be a Paladin of Torm or Tyr? Or is Tor a deity I'm just not familiar with?

If appropriate (perhaps to recognize that "Tor" is not actualy a deity) 1d2-+4

Diarmuid
2013-01-14, 04:19 PM
bah, stupid botched roll code

[roll0]

Amnestic
2013-01-14, 04:39 PM
Okay, so we've got:

1 vote for caster/thieves
1 vote for Paladin
1 vote for escorts/Paladin
1 vote for Halflings/caster

Lix, would you like a secondary vote to tiebreak between thieves/casters? Please? :smalltongue: >_>

Edit: It was meant to be Paladin of Torm. Hai typo! Fixed in IC post too.

Mordae
2013-01-14, 05:20 PM
Actually mine is thieves/paladin, EDIT: so I think paladin is the winner.

Amnestic
2013-01-14, 05:28 PM
Actually mine is thieves/paladin, EDIT: so I think paladin is the winner.

Paladin/Caster are equal now, since we lost a thieves for a Paladin.

Diarmuid
2013-01-14, 05:51 PM
Paladin and halflings is the same thing so that seems like the most prevalent choice.

Amnestic
2013-01-14, 06:02 PM
Paladin and halflings is the same thing so that seems like the most prevalent choice.

I had two hours sleep last night >_>

Lix Lorn
2013-01-14, 06:53 PM
Okay, so we've got:

1 vote for caster/thieves
1 vote for Paladin
1 vote for escorts/Paladin
1 vote for Halflings/caster

Lix, would you like a secondary vote to tiebreak between thieves/casters? Please? :smalltongue: >_>

Edit: It was meant to be Paladin of Torm. Hai typo! Fixed in IC post too.
Ooh, my secondary is escorts :3

Amnestic
2013-01-15, 08:24 PM
So eventually combat will be upon you. Normally the way I've done this is I make a map up in MapTools, then just screenshot, crop, upload and post it on the forums for use. As such, our intrepid adventuring party needs tokens on the board. I've taken the liberty of making up a few:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/Violet_zps0f97e7a1.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/Nikolas_zpsf975863d.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/Katasha_zpsd163ecd6.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/Aerphen_zpsa354da1e.png

Left to right: Violet, Nikolas, Katasha and Aephren. If you have a picture you'd rather I use, feel free to provide it and I'll switch it up.

Also contrary to my previous statement, no second update tonight. Feel free to actually start talking to one another :smallwink:

NotScaryBats
2013-01-15, 10:03 PM
Wow, I really like the Katasha token! She looks so innocent.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-19, 04:02 AM
So, ya'all just been busy, or...?

Amnestic
2013-01-19, 05:59 AM
I'm poking in regularly, but trying not to step on toes by interjecting while people are chatting ;p

ALSO: My computer died (think it's a memory problem) yesterday and that was what my MapTools stuff was on, so I'll be without that until probably Monday/Tuesday. I've still got my netbook so I can still browse the internets and stuff.

Diarmuid
2013-01-19, 09:17 AM
Just kind of waiting for something to happen at this point. Don't want to flood the thread with just a couple people posting.

Amnestic
2013-01-19, 11:32 AM
[roll0]

Rollin' rollin'

Diarmuid
2013-01-22, 04:57 PM
Which "Understanding" does Violet know?

Also, what is the purpose of the Bracers of the Ascetic +1? From my reading, those would not seem to stack with the enhancement already gained from 5th level Ascetic.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-22, 05:15 PM
Which "Understanding" does Violet know?

Also, what is the purpose of the Bracers of the Ascetic +1? From my reading, those would not seem to stack with the enhancement already gained from 5th level Ascetic.
Oh! Mental Reinforcement, I think.

Very true. Mostly, they're there so that, when and if we get to that point, I already have the bracers there ready to upgrade.

Diarmuid
2013-01-23, 09:19 AM
NSB - Unless you've got some way to boost your CL, the bonus on your Magic Vestment would only be +1. It's +1 per 4 levels, maxxing at +5 at lvl 20 (4=+1, 8=+2, 12=+3, 16=+4, 20=+5).

Amnestic - Is the identification of wererats appropriate, or would our characters need some kind of knowledge roll to put those clues together? If so, which skill would be appropriate?

Amnestic
2013-01-23, 12:16 PM
Amnestic - Is the identification of wererats appropriate, or would our characters need some kind of knowledge roll to put those clues together? If so, which skill would be appropriate?

Lycanthropes aren't uncommon knowledge around Faerun so making that deduction isn't outside of the realms of possibility ('specially for fifth levels). Assuming that is what it is, of course.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK.

Also Aephren and Katasha should probably make a spot/listen check while they're on watch. Just in case.

The rolls, they are a-changin'
[roll0][roll1]

Mordae
2013-01-23, 12:18 PM
As requested:

[roll0]
[roll1]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-23, 12:24 PM
listen [roll0]
spot [roll1]

I have 60feet darkvision, and better ears than eyes lol

Somehow iI had the impression that spell was first level and every four levels above first, but clearly that was my misunderstanding... There's some spell that uses that formula lol

Katasha doesn't really feel like pretending to sleep, so she'll just wait to wake up the elf as long as possible. If he doesn't wake himself, shell just go the whole night.

Amnestic
2013-01-23, 12:36 PM
Those are some...mighty fine rolls. Or at least compared to mine they were. :smalltongue: Let the dice fall where they may.

Mordae
2013-01-23, 12:55 PM
That's a pretty good survival roll for having a wisdom penalty :smallcool:

Amnestic
2013-01-26, 01:04 PM
Sha-ba-da-ba-dee-doo. We all still here? Waiting on something? :smalltongue:

Diarmuid
2013-01-26, 01:12 PM
Not much for me to post, what with my being asleep and all.

Mordae
2013-01-26, 04:32 PM
'Tis my fault. Had a doctor's appointment Thursday, Friday there was snow and schools closed (necessitating much child-wrangling), and just got back from swim. Posting now.

Amnestic
2013-01-26, 09:26 PM
[roll0]

Roll roll roll.

Sigh, eleven? Really? Update coming shortly.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-26, 11:34 PM
I dunno if its okay to ask this ooc, but I am fine either way attacking the creature or doing the diplomacy route. If I knew anything about lycanthropes, I could pray for remove curse and maybe cure the chick, but I only have knowledge religion, so

<3 lemme know what you guys think.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-26, 11:36 PM
WHELP let's roll a listen before I go to bed
[roll0]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-27, 12:16 AM
lol! Sleepy much?

Amnestic
2013-01-28, 09:45 AM
Suppose it doesn't help that you guys weren't exactly rocking great Listen checks to begin with, eh?

Diarmuid
2013-01-28, 10:20 AM
The -10 penalty for sleeping certainly didnt help =).

Diarmuid
2013-01-29, 08:40 AM
Are us sleepers awake at this point? Should we be rolling for init this round or waiting until next round?

Amnestic
2013-01-29, 11:26 AM
Are us sleepers awake at this point? Should we be rolling for init this round or waiting until next round?

Katasha's kicked you awake, so go ahead and roll initiative for it.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-29, 11:28 AM
[roll0] Hooray for initiative?

Amnestic
2013-01-29, 02:44 PM
So initiative rank is:-
1) Aephren (currently readying)
2) Enemies
3) Violet
4) Katasha
5) Nikolas

Update coming shortly, since Aephren's readying up.

A: [roll0] [roll1]
B: [roll2] [roll3]
C: [roll4] [roll5]

Lix Lorn
2013-01-29, 02:54 PM
That's quite some fog, Nik. :smalltongue:

Mordae
2013-01-29, 03:50 PM
One dead rat. One infected elf.

Diarmuid
2013-01-29, 04:25 PM
Clarification, do all the "leafy" squares count as "trees" for your double movement?

I'm posting my action now, only thing that could change is whether I add a 5' step or not (if moving would cost double, then no 5' step possible).

Is Vi still on the ground?

Amnestic
2013-01-29, 05:07 PM
Clarification, do all the "leafy" squares count as "trees" for your double movement?

Yes. Difficult terrain means no 5' steps too guys! :smalltongue: I'll try to make it all bold next time when there's terrain stuffs. Aephren and Vi should probably re-clarify their moves, in this case.


Is Vi still on the ground?

S'a good point, Vi probably should've stood up first, though in this case it didn't really matter since she missed with both attacks regardless.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-29, 05:29 PM
I missed with a 14? :smalleek:

Amnestic
2013-01-29, 05:42 PM
I missed with a 14? :smalleek:

You were targeting the ratlady? Then yes :p Though I will say that her treebark helps.

Mordae
2013-01-29, 06:21 PM
I'll skip the 5-foot step since I don't intend to draw an AoO.

Amnestic
2013-01-29, 06:59 PM
Doopy-doop.

A: [roll0][roll1]
B: [roll2] [roll3]
C: [roll4] [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Well that was...uninspiring.

Mordae
2013-01-29, 09:09 PM
Now that's just taunting by the RNG. Maxed out the confirm roll but likely missed on the attack unless Nikolas can provide a flanking bonus :smallfrown:

Diarmuid
2013-01-29, 09:18 PM
Sorry, idrewmy torch not my sword.

Amnestic
2013-01-30, 10:35 AM
Sorry, idrewmy torch not my sword.

You can draw your sword as part of a move action though, since you're at above BAB+1 :smalltongue:

Diarmuid
2013-01-30, 10:41 AM
You can draw a weapon during "movement". I took a Move Equivalent Action, but did not actually move. Important distinction.



If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move

Amnestic
2013-01-30, 09:44 PM
You can draw a weapon during "movement". I took a Move Equivalent Action, but did not actually move. Important distinction.

Could you clarify which rat you're referring to when you provoke? 'cos the one Katasha paralysed would die from the CDG before your turn comes up.

Derp, ignore me, I comprehend.

Amnestic
2013-01-31, 06:47 PM
Lix? You there? You've got a move to make :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2013-01-31, 07:29 PM
I have? Whoops that was quick.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-31, 07:32 PM
Gorrammit.
[roll0]

Amnestic
2013-01-31, 07:37 PM
Update coming shortly. Rolls first!

[roll0][roll1]

[roll2][roll3]

Edit: Better.

Diarmuid
2013-02-01, 11:39 AM
That being spell damage, would it be reduced by my DR 3/Bludgeoning?

Amnestic
2013-02-01, 12:17 PM
That being spell damage, would it be reduced by my DR 3/Bludgeoning?

The spell in question (Splinterbolt, SpC) specifically calls out that it's affected by damage reduction - it counts as both Magic and Piercing damage for the purpose of overcoming it.

Amnestic
2013-02-02, 05:15 PM
Pokepoke. Diar/Lix?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 12:35 AM
Yikes, work was so busy today! Maybe there is a similar thing goin on with them? Super Bowl Sunday is tomorrow, and where I live that's like as big as any Major Holiday. Ridiculous.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say <3

Lix Lorn
2013-02-03, 11:00 AM
I wasn't having a good day yesterday. >_<

Amnestic
2013-02-03, 11:10 AM
I wasn't having a good day yesterday. >_<

No problem, just making sure people haven't abandoned the thread :smalltongue: Obviously RL stuff is important and comes first!

Edit: Also I forgot just how badass Power Word: Pain is at this level. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2013-02-03, 11:38 AM
Words are power. :smalltongue:

Amnestic
2013-02-03, 11:40 PM
Few dice rolls while I'm here.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

See that 22 there? That's the rat's Fort save against Katasha's paralysis. They needed a 19 or 20 to beat it. He got an 18.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-04, 12:40 AM
Mwahaha...!!
It took two feats and a buffed up Charisma, but totally worth it <3

Amnestic
2013-02-04, 08:50 AM
Gonna give Diar until the end of today (for me) then move ahead with the round so the game doesn't slow to an absolute crawl.

Diarmuid
2013-02-04, 09:57 AM
Terribly sorry for the delay, had a pretty busy weekend. Off to post in IC now.

Edit - Wow, the forum d20 is not my friend apparently. 4 rolls so far, 3/4/4/7.

Amnestic
2013-02-04, 01:50 PM
Update coming shortly. And don't worry (too much :smallwink:) about delays, I'm just a wee paranoid about people dropping out suddenly since it seems to happen about PbP.

Diarmuid
2013-02-04, 01:53 PM
To avoid further confusion, I post a lot during the week (sit in front of a computer for 8-10 hours per day) and post less on the weekend.

This weekend was especially lax in posting with the Superbowl.

Amnestic
2013-02-04, 02:51 PM
Derp, she's not moving, so she gets a full attack.

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

Not that it helped her any. Those rolls...

Mordae
2013-02-04, 03:36 PM
GAH! Maybe it touched her, but that's not a good roll...

Amnestic
2013-02-04, 03:42 PM
You have indeed touched her inappropriately. :smalltongue:

Diarmuid
2013-02-04, 04:00 PM
Mord, quick clarification. Your Shocking Grasp only deals damage if you hit her real AC when delivering it via a melee weapon.

If you were only looking to touch her, you wouldnt also deal your weapon damage.

That's the tradeoff. Add weapon dmg to spell dmg = need to hit real AC, not just touch.

Edit - Oooh, I got a 9 on the second d20 roll...I'm moving up in the world....course that roll was negated by the first one being a 1..../fistshake

Amnestic
2013-02-04, 04:47 PM
Since Nik moved to AU29 (and due to the initiative order), Aephren's getting a flanking bonus which does actually allow him to hit (the -2AC from RatLady's Rage contributing also).

Edit: Scratch that, AU28 and not 29. Misread.

Mordae
2013-02-04, 06:00 PM
Had I seen him slide to AU28, I'd slide over to AS28 so as to provide a proper flank.

Amnestic
2013-02-04, 06:03 PM
Had I seen him slide to AU28, I'd slide over to AS28 so as to provide a proper flank.

I'ma allow that since it'd be how it'd play out in an actual in-person game with real initiative orders.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-06, 06:07 PM
Katasha acted as she did both for the fun of inflicting emotional pain, and to hopefully draw the ire of the enemy. Since she can't cast defensively, hopefully she'll draw some aoo's from targeting me. That's the theory at least.

Amnestic
2013-02-06, 06:09 PM
Katasha acted as she did both for the fun of inflicting emotional pain, and to hopefully draw the ire of the enemy. Since she can't cast defensively, hopefully she'll draw some aoo's from targeting me. That's the theory at least.

Nothing says "sounds battle plan" like taunting the insane, gibbering, raging RatLady :p

Amnestic
2013-02-06, 11:49 PM
Been a few days, time to poke this properly - Lix? You're up :smalltongue:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-07, 12:18 AM
lol subtle poke was too subtle <3

My apologies.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-07, 04:08 PM
Bluh. I always expect there to be a fifth player.

Amnestic
2013-02-07, 06:58 PM
Dicerolls:

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]+2
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8][roll9]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-07, 07:29 PM
Dunno if you rolled for the paralysis duration, but it is [roll0] if you didn't (I know I didn't) for the rat, that is

Diarmuid
2013-02-07, 09:09 PM
If that d20+8 roll was for Nik, that would have threatened a crit. I'm happy to let you roll if it was me.

Mordae
2013-02-07, 10:16 PM
GAH. Crit for exactly 10 damage :smallmad:

Does anyone actually have an attack that can overcome her DR, or are we reduced to me trying to shocking grasp her into submission?

Amnestic
2013-02-07, 10:49 PM
If that d20+8 roll was for Nik, that would have threatened a crit. I'm happy to let you roll if it was me.

It was, so crit confirm/damage:-

[roll0][roll1]

Lix Lorn
2013-02-08, 12:16 AM
I do on a roll of six for damage...

Diarmuid
2013-02-08, 12:29 PM
GAH. Crit for exactly 10 damage :smallmad:

Does anyone actually have an attack that can overcome her DR, or are we reduced to me trying to shocking grasp her into submission?

Wouldnt your crit actually be for 12 damage? The extra damage from Swashbuckler is a static amount so should be doubled on a crit.

I would say that the paralysis probably has to bypass DR for it to be effective, but that's just me.

I can effect her, but I would need to be flanking her to do so effectively and I'm guessing with Aephren stepped in, he likely did so to flank with Kat so not going to help much this round.

It would be a big help if everyone could include the squares they're moving to in their posts so others who post actions afterwards can appropriately account for previous actions when making theirs.

Amnestic
2013-02-08, 01:30 PM
I would say that the paralysis probably has to bypass DR for it to be effective, but that's just me.

I'm ruling that since the Gravetouched Ghoul's description ("Specific trumps general" and all that) merely states that they need to hit, it should probably bypass DR. I did a bit of research (I always do when not sure) and found that some of the internet agrees with me ;p

Also I concur on the Insightful Strike thing. It's just a flat +2 bonus, so it would get added to the crit damage as well.



It would be a big help if everyone could include the squares they're moving to in their posts so others who post actions afterwards can appropriately account for previous actions when making theirs.

Also helps me with making maps! :p

Some dicerolls - just woke up (sleep pattern? Whazzat?), but you guys get the update first :smalltongue:

[roll0]

[roll1][roll2]

I...uh, yeah, so...totally paralysed, as it turns out. Was sort of hoping that +6 Fort save would be worth more than a 9. The fight is essentially over unless you're gonna take more than 30 seconds deliberating what to do with her, and with Power Word Pain still ticking, she's probably just gonna die anyway unless she gets some healing.

Diarmuid
2013-02-12, 04:53 PM
NSB, unless you paid extra for a higher CL wand (3750 for CL5 vs 750 for CL1) that Lesser Vigor is likely only going to heal 11 hp over 11 rounds. Wands have a set CL whereas Staves use the wielder's CL/Casting Mod for determining DC's.

Amnestic
2013-02-12, 04:54 PM
Couple of rolls.

[roll0][roll1]

Amnestic
2013-02-12, 04:55 PM
FORGOT ONE.

[roll0]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 04:56 PM
Huh I don't have the spell in front of me, but I thought it healed up to 15 hp? There is some hp/lvl thing built in?

Amnestic
2013-02-12, 04:57 PM
Huh I don't have the spell in front of me, but I thought it healed up to 15 hp? There is some hp/lvl thing built in?

It's 10 rounds plus one per caster level (max 15). Since wands are generally crafted at the lowest possible CL, it'd be CL 1, so 11 rounds.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 05:01 PM
Oh, okay. Good to know I've cast two spells so far and misread both of them. I will try to look my stuff up since my memory is failing me on the specifics.

Sorry ~<3

Mordae
2013-02-12, 05:28 PM
11 points is enough to heal me to full. It's the Fortitude saves against second damage that I'm worried about... :smalleek: Elven constitution and all!

Amnestic
2013-02-21, 01:23 PM
Been two days, time for my regular poke of the OOC thread to see if there's a problem, if we're waiting for something, etc. :p

Diarmuid
2013-02-22, 12:38 PM
Amnestic, sorry for the typo...that should have been Detect Good rather than Detect Evil.

Amnestic
2013-02-22, 12:39 PM
Amnestic, sorry for the typo...that should have been Detect Good rather than Detect Evil.

Edited my IC post to account for this.

Diarmuid
2013-02-22, 01:20 PM
Thanks, sorry for the confusion.

Amnestic
2013-02-23, 07:02 PM
Any more questions or shall we move on to your plans for Lord Lightblade? :smalltongue:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-23, 07:24 PM
I'm good to go.

Amnestic
2013-02-25, 07:11 PM
Apologies for the delay, been busy this evening.

[roll0]
[roll1]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-25, 07:44 PM
nbd
I had Dark Way prepared yesterday -- oh well lol.
We'll survive without a nice, invincible path leading over the wall, right >.<

Amnestic
2013-02-25, 07:45 PM
[roll0]

I forgot this kind of important roll.

Amnestic
2013-02-28, 10:55 PM
Been a few days guys - don't want this to drop off, what's up?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-28, 11:05 PM
So, any input from ya'all, or is Kat just gonna run up, pretend to pick flowers, and brutally kill a guard or two?

Diarmuid
2013-03-01, 03:09 PM
Sorry for the delay, been a pretty hectic week.

Amnestic
2013-03-02, 10:20 PM
We waiting on me now? Current plan seems to be Aephren Jumps up with a rope? I can do that, but I don't wanna write a post only for people to be all "no, that's not actually our plan!" :smalltongue:

Mordae
2013-03-02, 10:28 PM
We're going to approach and see if they play nice. If that fails, then Aephren jumps up to the top to lead the dispatching of the guards and helps the others up with rope.

Amnestic
2013-03-02, 10:28 PM
We're going to approach and see if they play nice. If that fails, then Aephren jumps up to the top to lead the dispatching of the guards and helps the others up with rope.

Gotcha. Talking first!

Amnestic
2013-03-04, 08:02 PM
You call that 'diplomacy'? :smalltongue:

Mordae
2013-03-04, 08:04 PM
Who me? :smallbiggrin:

NotScaryBats
2013-03-04, 08:13 PM
lol smooth working in the sword, but there's no way he'll go for it <3

i thought I was totally subtle btw.

Amnestic
2013-03-04, 08:17 PM
Who me? :smallbiggrin:

I...sigh, I did expect it to end like this I guess, so really it just sped things up :smallamused:

Initiative!

Aeph:[roll0]
Kat: [roll1]
Vi: [roll2]
Nik: [roll3]
Enemies: [roll4]

Remember, you brought this on yourself :p

Edit: ooh, enemies go first. That simplifies it somewhat, though it does mean I need to make another post for further rolls. Should've probably done that first.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-04, 08:21 PM
oh lol, here we go (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syeudRZuuMo)

Mordae
2013-03-04, 08:45 PM
OK, let's do this!

[roll0] includes +2 racial vs. enchantments
[roll1] which is a necromancy spell so no +2

EDIT: OK, so failed the first one, take a -1 penalty to the second but still pass easily.

Lix Lorn
2013-03-04, 08:45 PM
Oh hey that was quick. Sorry I've been silent.

[roll0]

Mordae
2013-03-04, 08:55 PM
I'm going to let Kat post first since my action may depend on whether she casts any spells at the two on the walls.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-04, 09:05 PM
Okay, got it <3 Maybe I'll paralyze that dude with my hit? Bwahaha...

Mordae
2013-03-04, 09:29 PM
OK, boss, I reached an overhead point of 13 feet from the ground and succeeded in the climb check to hang on and pull up. Enough to scale the wall on this turn, or do I need to finish climbing with a move action next turn?

Amnestic
2013-03-04, 09:41 PM
OK, boss, I reached an overhead point of 13 feet from the ground and succeeded in the climb check to hang on and pull up. Enough to scale the wall on this turn, or do I need to finish climbing with a move action next turn?

It's sufficient to clamber on top.

Amnestic
2013-03-05, 11:56 AM
What did I need to save vs. Paralysis? 23?

[roll0]

...:smallsigh:

Mordae
2013-03-05, 12:29 PM
If Aephren drops prone (say, to lower a rope to the others), is he out of line of sight for the guards in the courtyard?

Amnestic
2013-03-05, 12:30 PM
If Aephren drops prone (say, to lower a rope to the others), is he out of line of sight for the guards in the courtyard?

Yes, though obviously they still know you're there :p

Mordae
2013-03-05, 01:44 PM
Naturally.

Amnestic
2013-03-07, 08:28 PM
Lix? You're up :smalltongue:

Oh, and for the record, cinematic actions are appreciated. Why bother being a mercenary if you can't look cool while doing it, right? :smallcool:

Lix Lorn
2013-03-07, 10:00 PM
Lix? You're up :smalltongue:

Oh, and for the record, cinematic actions are appreciated. Why bother being a mercenary if you can't look cool while doing it, right? :smallcool:
Our party is too small DXD

Edit: ...and I have no clue what to do.

Mordae
2013-03-07, 10:02 PM
Heck yeah!

Of course, cinematic or no, Aephren's not exposing himself to five attacks of opportunity to open the gates :smallbiggrin: Particularly without Mage Armor up.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-08, 01:47 AM
If you feel like you can take the heat for three turns, I have more buffs to hand out.

Amnestic
2013-03-08, 06:51 PM
Edit: ...and I have no clue what to do.

My recommendation would be to take Aephren or Nik's offer of a boost/rope up and jump up onto the walls!

Lix Lorn
2013-03-08, 07:16 PM
That makes sense.

Lix Lorn
2013-03-09, 07:20 PM
...I trusted yooooou
[roll0]
[roll1]

Diarmuid
2013-03-09, 11:30 PM
Is there a rope I could be climbing now?

Amnestic
2013-03-09, 11:44 PM
Is there a rope I could be climbing now?

Aephren's rope should still be dangling, aye.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-10, 12:06 AM
+4 str is good for you, right Nik? In future, would Aeph like that, too? I can Pearl of Power it back and toss it on you if that would help.

Also: I am 3 feet tall and 20 lbs, about the size of an emaciated toddler. Can you grab me and climb the rope, or would that hinder you? Cus anything to save time lol. Plus, that'd be radical to grab the halfling and vault the wall and be like 'we have arrived'

Diarmuid
2013-03-10, 12:13 AM
More strength is definitely a good thing.

I doubt I could hold you and climb, but if you jumped on my back I could probably climb with you up there. Or I could likely just toss you up top, but then it'll be another round till I can get up top.

Edit - We looking at the DC 5 climb check for rope with wall to brace on? If so, I need to roll a 7, :-p

NotScaryBats
2013-03-10, 12:16 AM
lol no biggie, it was just a thought. I wrangle my son (about 7 lbs heavier than Kat and the same height) all the time, but I've never climbed a rope with him in one hand <3

Worst case scenario, I use my Divine Insight for +10 to climb / jump and make my way up there next turn.

Diarmuid
2013-03-10, 12:24 AM
I'm betting you don't generally wear full plate with a shield on your arm either when carrying him around too, heh.

The DC's probly not bad at all. Not sure what your check is, but spending the round casting DI is probably unnecessary.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-10, 12:29 AM
Nah, I already have it up. But that's true, I usually just walk around in field plate and a buckler.

Diarmuid
2013-03-14, 03:21 PM
NSB, you're probably going to want to make a climb check. DC 5 to go up 5' (quarter movement) DC 10 to go up 10' (half speed).

Not sure if that gets you to the top or not, but your progress on the rope is going to contribute to what I do this round so I'm waiting for that to post.

Mordae
2013-03-14, 03:26 PM
With the retreat, Aephren is going to hop down and open the gate. Don't worry about the climb.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-16, 03:36 PM
So, while Aeph let's us in, you wanna clean up the bowman or interrogate him after he comes to?

Mordae
2013-03-16, 04:18 PM
Sorry, had minor surgery Thursday and just now getting back to posting. Will have something up this pm.

Mordae
2013-03-18, 08:46 PM
Yeah, typing wasn't really happening with one hand bruised from an IV and the other forearm sore from the surgery. Remedied.

Diarmuid
2013-03-20, 09:38 AM
So I guess I'm confused. are we still in initiative? Seems like people are looking to do a lot more than would normally be possible in a given round.

I cant really do anything currently as Kat is on the rope.

Amnestic
2013-03-20, 09:40 AM
So I guess I'm confused. are we still in initiative? Seems like people are looking to do a lot more than would normally be possible in a given round.

I cant really do anything currently as Kat is on the rope.

I should've clarified - for the moment you can act free of initiative. That was absolutely my bad and I should've jumped on it sooner.

Mordae
2013-03-20, 03:41 PM
Seems like people are looking to do a lot more than would normally be possible in a given round.

The unblocking of the gates was merely Aephren's plans for next round. This round was only the subdual attack (std action) and the movement down to the courtyard. But since we are out of initiative, I guess assume it all happened :smallsmile:

Amnestic
2013-03-25, 11:39 AM
Poking this - Where you at, guys? :P

Mordae
2013-03-25, 12:47 PM
Sorry, busy time in and out of work. Also, spring break for most US primary schools starts this week, which may or may not affect anyone else but has a minor effect on my availability. I'll put something up this afternoon.

Mordae
2013-03-28, 01:48 PM
I should have confirmed in my post that I relayed the interior layout to the party.

Diar, Aephren is talking about making noise at the door to the main structure, and descending upon Lightbringer from the stairs inside that structure. My understanding is there are stairs in the courtyard that would allow Nik to join the party on the upper landing.

Amnestic
2013-03-28, 01:54 PM
I should've perhaps clarified also - there are stairs up to the walls in the main courtyard area. On the last battlemap, they're at C-1/C0 and C7/C8. Can only get one person up or down at a time, but beyond that they're perfectly serviceable stairs.

If you still want to circle round back though, I can totally roll with that :smalltongue:

Diarmuid
2013-03-28, 01:55 PM
From the map, the only stairs I saw we're the ones in the door you opened. I assumed you jumped or climbed up to the second level.

If there are stairs in the CY then I'll amend my post. Just waiting for confirmation from Amnestic.

Amnestic
2013-03-29, 12:23 PM
If there are stairs in the CY then I'll amend my post. Just waiting for confirmation from Amnestic.

Just gonna poke this real fast since you haven't edited, so you might not've seen my post above yours since we posted almost simultaneously. :smallsmile:

Diarmuid
2013-03-29, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the poke, I did miss the previous one. Must not have sent me a subscription alert cuz i was still on the site or something,

I changed the post, but going to stick with my plan.

Amnestic
2013-03-29, 03:21 PM
[roll0]

Characterlimitroll

Amnestic
2013-04-03, 05:43 PM
For some reason I had it in my head that I'd posted an update for this when I in fact had not. Whoops :smallredface: Update coming shortly once I write it.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-05, 03:38 AM
Kat's Suggested Course of Action~♪

Vi: pummel the guy from the stairwell, plus or minus a square for concealment / as you see fit.

Aephren: ready vs an attack, throw something at the dude or delay.

At this point, them coming to us will be good, I think, because they will be bottlenecked or have to provoke from Scare-tasha Fortune.

Diarmuid
2013-04-11, 04:09 PM
Knock knock....

Mordae
2013-04-11, 05:17 PM
Next you're going to say it's me you're waiting for.

...

Nuts. Sorry about that, guys.

Amnestic
2013-04-14, 02:39 PM
Had a bad week or two recently so I've been lax on bumping this. For that, I apologise. I've been stacking up the failures recently and this one is yet another feather in my cap.

With that said, Lix, you're up :smalltongue:

NotScaryBats
2013-04-16, 12:45 AM
<3 I like this game, and am glad it isn't a failure :D

Nice shot, Vi.

So, is it the enemies' action, now?

Amnestic
2013-04-16, 09:18 AM
<3 I like this game, and am glad it isn't a failure :D

Nice shot, Vi.

So, is it the enemies' action, now?

Not so subtle :P It is. I'll get on it once I've finished waking up.

Amnestic
2013-04-16, 11:19 AM
[roll0][roll1]

[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]
[roll8][roll9]


Just gonna eat dinner then I'll update. Apologies for the delay!

Mordae
2013-04-16, 12:38 PM
Man, a natural 20 and I know that 14 is not going to be good enough to confirm... :smalltongue:

NotScaryBats
2013-04-16, 02:46 PM
Katasha has 15 touch ac 1size +4dex

VI, do you wanna finish this guy or join the other combat with Aephren? I don't have time to post for several hours, so feel free to do either one.

Amnestic
2013-04-29, 02:29 AM
Playground was down for a few days it seems. IC post will be up later today. Job interview first though! I'd appreciate shout outs to note that you're still here, since this post should send a thingy to your emails.

Diarmuid
2013-04-29, 06:51 AM
Still here.

Mordae
2013-04-29, 07:24 AM
I'm back. Yay!

Amnestic
2013-04-29, 10:30 AM
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13]
[roll14][roll15]

Amnestic
2013-05-03, 01:20 PM
Sha-bump-da-bump. What's up guys?

NotScaryBats
2013-05-05, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry, you guys. The last weeks the forum has been down showed me how much time I spend on the damn thing, and I'm going to be seriously limiting my Internet use so I can help out around the house more and be with my family.

So, I've got to drop out of the game. I had a really good time and you guys are all awesome. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, and I had big plans, but I need to focus on my marriage.

<3 you all, and I will miss you!

Mordae
2013-05-07, 07:17 AM
This is my sad face :smallfrown:

Sorry to see you go, NSB, but I agree it's for a good cause.