PDA

View Full Version : Coupla Questions (Pathfinder)

JanusThePaladin
2013-01-14, 09:03 AM
Hi new guy. Sorry if this is wrong. got a couple questions:

1) Heirloom trait says:

You carry a non-masterwork simple or martial weapon that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family.

*Benefit: When you select this trait, choose one of the following benefits:

proficiency with that specific weapon
a +1 trait bonus on attacks of opportunity with that specific weapon
a +2 trait bonus on one kind of combat maneuver when using that specific weapon.

May i take an Aldori Dueling Sword for this trait, as technically it counts as a martial weapon when used in 2 hands.

2) Does Vital Strike or Spring Attack stack with Whirlwind attack? If not, what does stack with Whirlwind attack?

3) If taking the Champion of Irori PrC, if I was previously a Monk of the Four winds, would the ability Martial Artist apply to my Elemental Fist in place of Stunning fist?

Martial Artist:

The class levels of a champion of Irori stack with monk levels for determining the effect of his AC bonus, flurry of blows, stunning fist, and unarmed strike class features.

Elemental Fist for Monk of the Four Winds:

At 1st level, a monk of the four winds gains Elemental Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. At 5th level, and every five levels thereafter, the monk increases the damage of his Elemental Fist by 1d6 (2d6 at 5th level, 3d6 at 10th level, and so on).

This ability replaces stunning fist.

Andreaz
2013-01-14, 09:08 AM
Hi new guy. Sorry if this is wrong. got a couple questions:

1) Heirloom trait says:

You carry a non-masterwork simple or martial weapon that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family.

*Benefit: When you select this trait, choose one of the following benefits:

proficiency with that specific weapon
a +1 trait bonus on attacks of opportunity with that specific weapon
a +2 trait bonus on one kind of combat maneuver when using that specific weapon.

May i take an Aldori Dueling Sword for this trait, as technically it counts as a martial weapon when used in 2 hands.
As long as you stick to two-handed use. You'd be nonproficient trying to use it one-handed.

2) Does Vital Strike or Spring Attack stack with Whirlwind attack? If not, what does stack with Whirlwind attack?
Vital Strike is a standard action, and whirlwind is a full-round action. You cannot use the two things at once, and they do not interact.

grarrrg
2013-01-14, 09:22 AM
3) If taking the Champion of Irori PrC, if I was previously a Monk of the Four winds, would the ability Martial Artist apply to my Elemental Fist in place of Stunning fist?

No.
As written it does not stack for Elemental Fist.
Just because it "replaces" a feature that DOES stack, does not mean that it will stack as well.

You are always free to ask your DM if he'll let it though.

JanusThePaladin
2013-01-14, 09:40 AM
I'm trying to find a way to give a rogue exotic weapon proficiency dueling sword without having to take the feat. is this possible?

NamelessNPC
2013-01-14, 11:48 AM
You can be a Half Elf, or take one level in Magus (Kensai archetype)

grarrrg
2013-01-14, 12:08 PM
I'm trying to find a way to give a rogue exotic weapon proficiency dueling sword without having to take the feat. is this possible?

As a single class Rogue, you are either going to have to take the Feat, or spend a Rogue Talent to get the Feat.
You'd have to spend your "any" feat Rogue talents, as the only 'Weapon Prof.' one is for Firearms.

There are a variety of 1 level dips that can get you what you want.
And, as mentioned, Half-Elf can trade Skill Focus in for any One Weapon Prof.
Likewise, Human can spend their "any" bonus feat on....any...feat...

That's about it really...

Quick "Fun Fact": There is the (Aldori) Swordlord archetype, BUT despite the Archetype REVOLVING AROUND THE DUELING SWORD, it does _NOT_ gain Prof with it automatically.....

JanusThePaladin
2013-01-14, 12:26 PM
So are their any feats or abilities i can use with Whirlwind attack?

Andreaz
2013-01-14, 12:37 PM
So are their any feats or abilities i can use with Whirlwind attack?Anything that modifies attacks without requiring separate actions, like Power Attack, Cleaving Finish and the like.
Recommendation: If you favor strength, take great cleave instead of whirlwind attack. It's cheaper and easier to get and will give you the same effect most of the time.