PDA

View Full Version : Inland Sea of Tevera OOC



Pages : [1] 2

redzimmer
2013-01-14, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the OOC board for the Inland Sea of Tevera.

{table]Player | Character name | Race & Class | DM Note
Simba (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=8475) | Tooth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=492697) | Shift Druid/Ranger | Howl
Sliver (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=33053) | Hultz (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=492812) | Warforged Dragonfire Adept | Heroes are built, not born!
Dunkoro (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=71867) | Beasley (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496399) | Cloistered Cleric/Dread Necromancer | One day Shrouds will call me Master!
Scholar23 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=50775) | Hodge Lorewell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=493876) | Human Wizard | WHAT!?
Sgt. Cookie (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=62197) | Alex (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491077) | Harpy | Not from 'round these parts...
Cryptorus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=266321) | Calvaster Marstris (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=495151) | Wizard | Welcome to the Inland Sea
Ellisande | Kachja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=27615) | Elf Scout | Feels... poorly[/table]

I ask anyone who has not yet to please add their birthdate to their character sheet.

And now the reason I wanted your birthday:

The Zodiac:

While currently it is just fluff, I have always wanted to make it into a crunch. Essentially, just as in the real world people often exhibit traits similar to those attributed to their astrological signs, so too do they on Tevera. And since each sign also has a corresponding element, so to does each PC have a certain affinity for that element. I will elaborate:

Firstwinter (December)- Air - Bow & Arrow - Air, Chaos, Cold - NE - Shortbow
Deepwinter (January)- Water - Whale - Water, Animal, Law - LN - Harpoon
Winter's End (February)- Fire - Sword - Fire, War, Protection - LG - Longsword
Dawnspring (March)- Earth - Spider - Earth, Creation, Death - NE - Net
Midspring (April)- Air - Lillend - Air, Magic, Song - CN - Rapier
Endspring (May)- Water - Spear - Water, Healing, Good - NG - Spear (any)
Newsummer (June)- Fire - Toad - Fire, Sun, Life - N - Flail (any)
Highsummer (July)- Earth - Treant - Earth, Plant, Knowledge - LN - Club
Summerfall (August)- Air - Owl - Air, Magic, Artifice - CG - Sling
Firstfall (September)- Water - Kraken - Water, Trickery, Evil - CE - Trident
Middlefall (October)- Fire - Gorgon - Fire, Destruction, Strength - LE - Mace (any)
Fallnight (November)- Earth - Battleaxe - Earth, War, Death - N - Axe (any)

1. Those with signs that are a specific weapon (Deepwinter, Winter's End, Endspring, Fallnight) exhibit an certain affinity for that weapon, and they take to it readily. This means any PC under that sign has the bonus Weapon Focus feat for that weapon, even if their class does not include proficiency with that weapon usually. If you already have focus in that weapon, you may swap that feat.

2. Those born under signs associated with an animal (not a monster or magical beast) share traits with that creature. These specifically are:

Deepwinter/Whale: +4 to swim, +4 to perform [singing], can hold breath underwater double the normal time allowed by your CON.
Dawnspring/Spider: +4 to balance, +4 to climb, +4 on fort saves vs. poison, +4 to reflex saves vs. webs, nets, etc.
Newsummer/Toad: +1 natural armour, +4 to jump
Summerfall/Owl: +4 to will saves vs. enchantments/mind-effects, low-light vision 30' (or add 30' to existing low-light vision)


3. Those born under the sign of monstrous or magical creature signs (Midspring/Lilend, Highsummer/Treant, Firstfall/Kraken, Middlefall/Gorgon) share some of the abilities of their Zodiac sign:

Midspring/Lilend: Choose either Combat Casting, Extend Spell or Lightning Reflexes as a bonus feat.*
Highsummer/Treant: Choose either Improved Sunder, Iron Will or Power Attack as a bonus feat.*
Firstfall/Kraken: Choose either Alertness, Blind-Fight or Iron Will as a bonus feat.*
Middlefall/Gorgon: Choose either Alertness, Improved Initiative or Iron Will as a bonus feat.*


4. Your affinity to your sign's element allows you to easily learn its native language. Spending one skill point on Speak Languages will give you access to your element's language (Aquan, Auran, Ignan or Terran).

*This feat cannot be traded for another feat at future levels, as it is inherited, not learned.

redzimmer
2013-01-14, 01:21 PM
And now some IC guidelines:

If I type something descriptive to a PC outside of spoilers, it is common knowledge and any other PC can know this.

If I post something in spoiler tags, it is considered privileged information that only the PC knows for sure. Other players are of course allowed to read it, but until the PC the spoiler is directed at divulges this info, your PC does not know it.

If this confuses you, feel free to ask for clarity.

In the IC you choose your PC's font colour. When you type in the font colour of your choosing, it is considered spoken (or thought) y the PC.

Example Bob the Incredibly Inept Bard is in Navy.

Actions are type out in either first or third-person, and past- or present-tense - your choice. Try to be consistent.

Rolls are done in spoilers tags.
---

Bob draws his sitar and begins strumming.

Fear not, dear friends! I shall inspire you in combat by singing an acoustic version of Duel of the Fates!

Perform check

[roll0]

"Have at you!"

Sliver
2013-01-14, 01:33 PM
Hultz demands dibs on navy!

He was also updated with Lightning Reflexes, as the casting feats don't really help the fellow.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-14, 03:11 PM
Alex will take green as his colour. Sheet updated.

Dunkoro
2013-01-14, 03:42 PM
Updated sheet to accomodate the Battleaxe.
Beasley's color is Gray.

Scholar23
2013-01-14, 04:58 PM
Hodge declares " Darkorange is for me."

Cryptorus
2013-01-14, 07:08 PM
Calvaster shall speak in.... Blue!

Just as a warning, midterms will be taking up my time for the next week, so early in the day and late at night I'm either in exams or cramming for the one I have the next day. Specifically 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST and 7:00 PM-10:00 PM EST will be the times I post sporadically.
~

I know I should have brought this up earlier... So I am sorry for trouble it could cause.

Simba
2013-01-14, 09:50 PM
Tooth will talk in Sienna.

Ellisande
2013-01-14, 11:57 PM
Well, a free +1 with her longsword is better than a poke in the (remaining) eye with a sharp stick!

And as far as talking goes, it looks like her hair and eye colours both are claimed... is Turquoise too close to the other blues? It seems suitably cold and wintery for the North.

And Cryptorus, it still sounds like you'll be on daily. I don't think you owe us many apologies. (But while we're declaring absences, I will be out of town this weekend, so my posting on the 19th-21st will be at the mercy of coffee shop internet.)

redzimmer
2013-01-15, 11:20 AM
Fear not. Alternating Saturdays and every Sunday are off limits to me.

Sliver
2013-01-15, 11:23 AM
What will those such as I, that lack any such restrictions, will do on these days for their D&D fix?!

Scholar23
2013-01-15, 12:56 PM
got the roll code; Figures off by two then roll a natural.:smallmad:. Oh well:smalltongue: Cna't wait to see what happens. If I see it coming

redzimmer
2013-01-15, 12:57 PM
To roll:

replace {}'s with []'s.

Suppose you have a penalty to a skill or attack bonus, etc:

{roll}1d20-1{/roll}

Or if you have a bonus:

{roll}1d20+3{/roll}

Now here is how they should look with square brackets.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Sliver
2013-01-15, 12:59 PM
Hey red, just wondering if perhaps my post was missed... Mostly because some posted after me and got a reply before me, and that my first post didn't get any results... :smalltongue:

note about rolls: If you preview, they are replaced by [roll0] if done right (or different num, depending on how many rolls you make in the post) so you should hit back before actually posting. You also can't edit rolls into a post and deleting a roll out of one will show and could look like cheating...

Scholar23
2013-01-15, 01:04 PM
thansk for the help every one (didn't go back to fix roll)
posted the rolls

redzimmer
2013-01-15, 01:13 PM
What will those such as I, that lack any such restrictions, will do on these days for their D&D fix?!

Imagination! Like Elmo does.

Scholar23
2013-01-15, 02:23 PM
hey for those of who are interested, my spells are in latin. So if you want to know what i'm saying translate it.:smallbiggrin:

redzimmer
2013-01-16, 04:51 PM
A quick note, while some days I can respond quickly and frequently, others I am limited to my online time. However I will endeavor to reply to all ic and oocs posted at least once a day.

Scholar23
2013-01-16, 08:52 PM
the edit i did in 54 was to color my charaters speech, sorry that i forgot about that:smalleek:

Sliver
2013-01-17, 01:14 AM
Hey, I'm confused about this part about Hodge... Detect Magic, isn't it duration of concentration, up to 1 min per level?

Scholar23
2013-01-17, 10:18 AM
your right silver, so i can only guess that something is going to happen while it is active. For One thing Red wouldn't i detect Persistent Lesser Vigor and bless ? and can you post when the spell ends or ...?

Scholar23
2013-01-17, 10:19 AM
Another thing I did a knowldege history check and succeded, what do I know? Its in post 54.

Scholar23
2013-01-17, 02:41 PM
fixed posts

Cryptorus
2013-01-18, 08:20 PM
@Cookie, sorry about not posting yesterday and continuing that IC conversation. Lost track of time doing homework and studying.

Scholar23
2013-01-19, 10:23 PM
hey was wondering if you could post the day, month and year that we are posting in. I did a quick read through and couldn't find it though I think you did mention it. Thanks

redzimmer
2013-01-20, 11:40 PM
hey was wondering if you could post the day, month and year that we are posting in. I did a quick read through and couldn't find it though I think you did mention it. Thanks

The day is Sevenday, 28 Endsummer, 153 ASF. Each week has seven days (Firstday, Seconday,Thirday, Fourthday, Fifthday, Sixday, Sevenday), each month 28 days, each year 12 months. There are more complicatons to this, but none are fluff I intend to incorporate in the near future.

The calendar date is fuzzy as many would-be empires and theocracies have attempted to establish a universal calendar. The most commonly used calendar, and the one most-often observed in the Unclaimed North is the Thenesian Imperial Calendar. It is currently Year 153 ASF (After the Second Fall - referring to the period of time when the half-orc conqueror Thruk Skullcaver usurped the throne from Emperor Thenacus XII).

The Second Inland Sea War has been over for three years.

I will continue DMing in the morrow.

Sliver
2013-01-20, 11:43 PM
I'm assuming Hultz is in the process of walking and I'm not expected a response yet. Because I can't really think of one. Hultz isn't a whistler.

Scholar23
2013-01-21, 04:15 PM
thanks, on day changes you could include the date change in your post. might give it a more chronological feel to it.

redzimmer
2013-01-21, 04:20 PM
thanks, on day changes you could include the date change in your post. might give it a more chronological feel to it.

So noted. A new day is greeted by the new date (see IC post #67)

Sliver
2013-01-21, 04:23 PM
Heh, I was just going to quote it... :smalltongue:


Morning, 28 Endsummer

An uneventful night ends with the first light of daybreak on the horizon. Only the fishermen and seabirds are up at this hour.

redzimmer
2013-01-21, 04:28 PM
To avoid confusion, the voices overheard by Tooth are those in th4e park. A small time jump occurred. The only thing you need to know is you will be where you are at just the right time. All aboard the plot railroad!!

Sliver
2013-01-21, 04:31 PM
Oooh, can hultz be the engine?

"You threaten to attack an elf I'm not familiar with but probably will be?! Burn!!!"

Scholar23
2013-01-21, 04:43 PM
sweet thanks

Ellisande
2013-01-21, 07:30 PM
Hultz could be the engine. At a glance, I think Kachja's the track.

There's an odd sort of tension, knowing that she's the bait, yet knowing that she's nothing but her own paranoia away from being a pincushion.

Cryptorus
2013-01-21, 08:13 PM
Just wondering on the innkeeper's response to my character and a judging of my own work based upon the roll I got Red. For the sake of continuing my character's posting for simplicity's sake I should have written in my last post about wanting him to go and catch up with Alex. If you want I can either edit that post to do so or add another post entirely to go, Your choice.

The reason I did not post yesterday was that I was waiting for a post from you for Calvaster though, if you were wondering. I'll be around until 10:00 PM EST checking for a response, or this will be the second day I have not posted ICly. If worse comes to worse tomorrow I will post ICly that I go to catch up with Alex so as to resolve this issue to at least some extent.

C

redzimmer
2013-01-21, 09:25 PM
Just wondering on the innkeeper's response to my character and a judging of my own work based upon the roll I got Red. For the sake of continuing my character's posting for simplicity's sake I should have written in my last post about wanting him to go and catch up with Alex. If you want I can either edit that post to do so or add another post entirely to go, Your choice.

The reason I did not post yesterday was that I was waiting for a post from you for Calvaster though, if you were wondering. I'll be around until 10:00 PM EST checking for a response, or this will be the second day I have not posted ICly. If worse comes to worse tomorrow I will post ICly that I go to catch up with Alex so as to resolve this issue to at least some extent.

C

Don't stress this too much, as essentially you're still in the "how did they meet each other anyway" prologue.

Simba
2013-01-22, 05:26 AM
I have added a battleaxe and a sling to Tooth's inventory. The battleaxe is the weapon he got weapon Focus with so I would like him to carry one even though he has a massive to-hit problem due to his flaws. The sling is simply meant as an all-purpose weapon/tool as he has no way of defending himself until he rises in level and can assume wolf shape.

I hope this is within reason for you and acceptable.

redzimmer
2013-01-22, 06:03 PM
I have added a battleaxe and a sling to Tooth's inventory. The battleaxe is the weapon he got weapon Focus with so I would like him to carry one even though he has a massive to-hit problem due to his flaws. The sling is simply meant as an all-purpose weapon/tool as he has no way of defending himself until he rises in level and can assume wolf shape.

I hope this is within reason for you and acceptable.

So long as they were thrust upon him by happenstance and he doesn't actually own them. Say you got them off of a woodsman you ate. Or helped.

redzimmer
2013-01-24, 11:26 AM
You are all probably wondering why you've rolled initiative but combat hasn't started.
Well as you have no doubt guessed, you are all being railroaded towards a fight at the cenotaph, and once I've maneuvered you there I can begin the combat in earnest. In the meantime I am glad those waiting in the initiative line have readied their attacks.

Question for Sgt. Cookie: do you intend to have Alex's lullaby affect your soon-to-be allies as well? At this point I suspect you are not sure who to trust, so there's no problem with you doing it, of course.

Scholar23
2013-01-24, 11:43 AM
do you want me to roll initive or...?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-24, 11:53 AM
Redzimmer: Yeah, I'd say so.

Sliver
2013-01-24, 11:57 AM
Yay to warforged immunities! :smalltongue:

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-24, 02:06 PM
And Elven immunity to induced sleep.

Sliver
2013-01-24, 02:08 PM
Would it also protect an elf from the exhaustion?

redzimmer
2013-01-24, 03:38 PM
Would it also protect an elf from the exhaustion?

I'd rule elf physiology doesn't require sleep, but it still does have a body tire out. So exhaustion, fatigue and other effects still work. I'll say the save vs. enchantments applies here of course.

Sliver
2013-01-25, 02:22 PM
Hey red... Are you sure that's how combat should be handled? I'm just saying... If people post their actions in order, each round will take forever. Even if each posts in order and the next doesn't need to wait for your reply to post his actions it will take quite a while.

What I've seen best working is that everybody posts their actions and then the DM just handles it within initiative order when it matters. So you have PCs that rolled better than opposition act first, then opposition, then everybody (since the PCs that already acted will get their next turn before opposition anyway).

That's at least from my personal experience playing PbP so far...

redzimmer
2013-01-25, 03:18 PM
Hey red... Are you sure that's how combat should be handled? I'm just saying... If people post their actions in order, each round will take forever. Even if each posts in order and the next doesn't need to wait for your reply to post his actions it will take quite a while.

What I've seen best working is that everybody posts their actions and then the DM just handles it within initiative order when it matters. So you have PCs that rolled better than opposition act first, then opposition, then everybody (since the PCs that already acted will get their next turn before opposition anyway).

That's at least from my personal experience playing PbP so far...

Hence the required default actions I requested back in the recruiting stage. You can post when you wish, you will not be counted until your turn. Swift and free actions are the only exception.

Scholar23
2013-01-25, 05:59 PM
:smalleek:I think it is my turn if not I will delete post. Sorry about that my brother was reading your ooc and told me you wanted to post in order sorry. Please let me know

redzimmer
2013-01-25, 06:16 PM
No, my fault for not being clear and then flip-flopping.

Here it is with more clarity:

You may post you action whenever you wish, but it will not take effect until your turn in the initiative order (excepting swift and free actions, and any action that does not require waiting for your turn).

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-25, 06:22 PM
You mean Immediate, right? Not swift. Mechanicaly two different actions.

redzimmer
2013-01-25, 07:01 PM
Yes and sorry about all the [roll] nonsense. Will clean up asap.

Scholar23
2013-01-25, 11:21 PM
Thats cool thanks.

Sliver
2013-01-26, 12:57 AM
Hey Red, perhaps you should open a thread for yourself in the dice rolling forum?:smalltongue: Or roll in a different site? Like this one (http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20dicebag/) for example. Since you are deleting the post and we are unable to see the rolls anyway... of course, I might be wrong about your intentions... :smallbiggrin:

redzimmer
2013-01-26, 01:20 AM
Hey Red, perhaps you should open a thread for yourself in the dice rolling forum?:smalltongue: Or roll in a different site? Like this one (http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20dicebag/) for example. Since you are deleting the post and we are unable to see the rolls anyway... of course, I might be wrong about your intentions... :smallbiggrin:

Yes, I am skewing the rolls so I will win! Bwahahahahahahaha snort.

Sliver
2013-01-26, 01:22 AM
By the way, Hultz' AC for the first attack is 21, but after his turn it is up to 25. Just in case it makes a difference. But with the exhaustion and his DR...

Cryptorus
2013-01-26, 06:29 PM
Still keeping the original actions that I had set up during my first combat post. Also posting to make sure you guys know that I'm alive and kicking. :smallsmile:

redzimmer
2013-01-26, 07:11 PM
Fine stuff. I do hope no one minds if I roll saves for them when time becomes a restraint.

Scholar23
2013-01-26, 07:52 PM
cool with me, I did rool and .... Failed:smallfrown:

Simba
2013-01-27, 02:19 AM
Do we keep the original initiative order throughout the combat or do you want us to roll again each round?

redzimmer
2013-01-27, 11:20 AM
Original order.

And anyone who as not rolled Will 18 for Alex's sleepytime song please do so now.

Simba
2013-01-28, 02:54 AM
Will save: [roll0]

redzimmer
2013-01-28, 09:01 PM
I was wondering if you all have considered what your PCs role in a part would be. We certainly have an atypical party style, and if you have an idea what role you want your PC to fill, I can have a better idea how to tailor the game to suit your PC.

Simba
2013-01-29, 03:03 AM
Scout, secondary combatant, healer and, well, general nature guy.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-29, 08:22 AM
Party Face + debuffer.

Also, to EVERYONE except Ellisande, you need to roll again. If you were exhausted last round, you will fall asleep if you fail, if you weren't exhausted, you need to roll or become exhausted.

Sliver
2013-01-29, 08:52 AM
Also, to EVERYONE except Ellisande, you need to roll again.

Hultz doesn't need to roll either. :smalltongue:

Also, why everyone needs to roll already? The first turn isn't even over yet...

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-29, 09:15 AM
Are you sure? I thought it was the 2nd turn. At least, that's what I assumed from Red's posts.

Sliver
2013-01-29, 09:21 AM
Beasley posted his actions just now. His, Hultz' and Calvaster's actions didn't resolve yet.

Red posts each of the combatant's turn resolution separately and bolds whoever acted already.

In post 134 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14607551&postcount=134)he posted at what initiative point we were currently. Since then, only the Thugs' Leader and Hodge's turns resolved.

Besides, Kachja should have a turn before having a chance to fall asleep. It's on Alex's turn that one needs to roll, right?

redzimmer
2013-01-29, 11:22 AM
You can all roll when you want to, the effect takes effect at beginning of next round.

Everyone except Kachja as elves are immune to sleep and Hutlz because Warforged do not sleep.

Sliver
2013-01-29, 02:34 PM
Hey red, you probably missed it but I've already rolled for my breath and it wasn't the usual attack. It's entangling breath.

Post 108 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14577694&postcount=108)
Damage: (1d3)[3] Ref DC15 for half.
Anyone damaged: Entangled for (1d4)[1] rounds.

redzimmer
2013-01-29, 02:38 PM
Hey red, you probably missed it but I've already rolled for my breath and it wasn't the usual attack. It's entangling breath.

Post 108 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14577694&postcount=108)

Problem with this is. Yes. I'll Edit.

Sliver
2013-01-29, 02:46 PM
So T2 is exhausted, entangled, will suffer 1d6 damage at the start of my turn (I'll roll along with my actions when I post them later) and may fall asleep... Not his lucky day.

redzimmer
2013-01-29, 03:00 PM
So T2 is exhausted, entangled, will suffer 1d6 damage at the start of my turn (I'll roll along with my actions when I post them later) and may fall asleep... Not his lucky day.

The moral of the story: don't shoot at walking statues.

redzimmer
2013-01-30, 08:44 PM
Just a check-in. If possible can everyone who is exhausted and has not yet, please roll second will save.

Cryptorus
2013-01-30, 08:54 PM
Alright. Sorry I thought You telling me to roll that first time was if I was unhappy with the save. For the sake of not breaking the initiative order postings should I just roll here in the OOC?

redzimmer
2013-01-31, 12:04 AM
No I just meant if you had already rolled and I had missed it, use your roll.

Sliver
2013-02-02, 09:38 AM
Hey Scholar, why are you charming the dead?

Scholar23
2013-02-02, 08:31 PM
because i felt like it.... nan mistyped, was aiming for the one that was closest to me, but hey want can you expect from someone sith my eyesight:smallcool:. ahem:smallbiggrin:

Cryptorus
2013-02-03, 06:14 PM
Bah, Wizards don't need eyesight! That's what Magic is for! :smallwink:

Zimmer, I'll go with your roll. Honestly it has already been rolled and I don't want to disrupt anything.

redzimmer
2013-02-03, 06:19 PM
CoolCoolCool. The intro railroad has almost reached the station.

Scholar23
2013-02-04, 10:08 AM
Acrane master and craftmen. Character can be a power house for any number of things. Chraming for instance the little thugl, defense, field control, field wipe a little later.

Sliver
2013-02-06, 01:15 PM
Hultz' initiative should be 0 from now on.

redzimmer
2013-02-06, 04:04 PM
Hultz' initiative should be 0 from now on.

What I miss? That a dragonfire adept thing or a status thing I overlooked?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-06, 04:15 PM
Delay Action. You can wait for a lower point in the initiative.

redzimmer
2013-02-07, 08:33 PM
To be absolutely clear, all undead and remaining human thugs are asleep, eliminated or re-dead.

And since we're out of combat, you can again pipe in an expect response at large.

Ellisande
2013-02-07, 09:08 PM
Should I assume the railroad tracks are narrow enough there's no way for Kachja to get out of Dodge before the guard surrounds them?

redzimmer
2013-02-07, 09:23 PM
A safe assumption.

Don't think of it as trapped, think of it more as a FMV cutscene - IN YOUR IMAGINATION.

Cryptorus
2013-02-08, 09:11 PM
Hm, strange happenings. Sorry if I've been sort of sporadic in my posting; complications have arisen in my life outside of the internet. I want to just apologize to you guys (Especially you Redzimmer, I didn't want to be a jerk player who would post randomly and cause all the other players and DM to have a bad time) if I've been causing the game to drag.

-C

redzimmer
2013-02-08, 11:00 PM
No need to apologize. Unless you actively say "I quit" I just presume that dang real-life is interfering.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-09, 05:32 AM
So, we're being arrested. Thankfully Alex won't loose his two CLW potions, hollow boot heels and all that.

redzimmer
2013-02-10, 12:49 PM
Hello group, sorry about the delay betwixt posts. It is just a long weekend coupled with "family."

But we should be back to full strength by Tuesday.

Cryptorus
2013-02-10, 04:02 PM
Hm, not complaining. Nemo knocked out my power- using my phone to type this right now. Power should be up tonight or so, good to know I haven't missed too much.

redzimmer
2013-02-12, 03:02 PM
Annnnd we're back.

For clarity and plot's sake, all your gear has been confiscated save the clothes on your back. Sadly for Beasley's sake, that means your holy symbol. Luckily, Vecna is a deity whose portfolio includes secrets, so it is very non-distinct and would require a knowledge religion DC 20 to recognize.

Since you didn't cast any divine spells, the arresting watchmen would not think to exanmine your jewellry to closely.

Scholar23
2013-02-12, 10:02 PM
glad to hear your back:smallbiggrin:, already had some fun posting.

redzimmer
2013-02-15, 12:17 PM
Loot in no particular order or sense.

[roll0] pp
[roll1] gp
[roll2] sp
(All items for medium creatures unless noted)

Short sword
Studded leather armour
Mwk Mighty Composite (+2) Shortbow
12 arrows
Mwk Thieves Tools x 2
Cloak of Resistance +1
Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds and Cat's Grace
2 Masterwork Daggers
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
2 Smokesticks
Shortspear
4 suits leather armour
Hand crossbow
8 bolts
3 daggers

And because she's a generous sort, the Comptess,

1 type I bag of holding (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm).

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-15, 01:01 PM
Bag of holding should go to the physicaly weakest character.

All I want is the MWK Daggers, a little selfish I know, but everything else is useless to Alex.

Sliver
2013-02-15, 01:03 PM
All Hultz would care for is the cloak of resistance...

Scholar23
2013-02-15, 01:38 PM
The cloak is somethignthat i kinda wanted...:smalleek: so ah what should we do?

Sliver
2013-02-15, 01:39 PM
*shrugs* Take it then.

Dunkoro
2013-02-15, 01:51 PM
Seems like Beasley qualifies for being "Physically weakest" character, so I'll take the Bag of Holding.

Scholar23
2013-02-15, 01:52 PM
*shrugs* Take it then.

you sure? my only reson was to get better a resiting and dodging due to my stats.

Sliver
2013-02-15, 01:54 PM
Hultz has plenty of resistances that other characters would benefit from the cloak more than him. If nobody else wants it, you can have it.

Scholar23
2013-02-15, 01:59 PM
If that is so everone else ok with this?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-15, 02:03 PM
I'm fine with that.

redzimmer
2013-02-15, 05:02 PM
Currently you are a bit inconvenienced due to being incarcerated. In the future any gear can be sold at 50% its listed price in the DMG or other suppliment if you have no use for it.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-15, 07:32 PM
Except Art items, those are always sold at full price.

Scholar23
2013-02-15, 07:34 PM
and jewels, relics, thing of general value like chicken eggs, apples, but most of all bacon goes for doudle:smalltongue:. (mispelling is important:smallbiggrin:)

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-15, 07:46 PM
Looking over the loot again, I think Alex should hang on to 10 of the Platinum Pieces, 10 coins are called out in Complete Scoundrel as being small enough to fit in Hollow Boot Heels. I don't know about you, but having 100gp hidden away where it's unlikely to be taken sounds like a good idea.

Scholar23
2013-02-15, 07:50 PM
I agree, its allways niceto have a stash stored away in case something happens

redzimmer
2013-02-15, 09:23 PM
Just to clarify gear is meaning class equipment, armour, weapons, magical items etc.

Art, jewels, trade items are essentially cash-in-hand and are their list price.

Scholar23
2013-02-15, 09:24 PM
:smallbiggrin:Thank you for clearing that up, sorry had to have some fun with it

Sliver
2013-02-16, 02:47 AM
Looking over the loot again, I think Alex should hang on to 10 of the Platinum Pieces, 10 coins are called out in Complete Scoundrel as being small enough to fit in Hollow Boot Heels. I don't know about you, but having 100gp hidden away where it's unlikely to be taken sounds like a good idea.

Errr... No. The cash should be split evenly.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-16, 07:43 AM
Your misunderstanding, I'm not saying "gimmie 100gp", I'm saying "Alex has the capacity to hide 100gp, I think we should make use of that."

The money would still be yours, it would just be hidden, ready for when it's needed.

Scholar23
2013-02-16, 09:49 AM
IC thouh untill we would wiat till we knew more of each other to allow another to hide our gold.

Cryptorus
2013-02-16, 11:45 PM
I just want my share of gold. Maybe one of those cure light wounds potions. No harm in having a little 'liquid life' handy. And in regards to that 'hiding gold' thing, I think it's a good idea. It's a way to have a little nest egg to keep our assets in tact. Also, I have some writs for my gold, basically banked and they allow me to pull it out wherever. Might be good to keep one or two of those handy too so we can carry around more in those hidden spots.

Ellisande
2013-02-17, 02:24 PM
Unless the bow is magical as well as composite, the only things on the list that suit fragile Kachja are the potions and the cloak. Which are good for everyone.

Having said that, no objections if you take the cloak for Hodge, Scholar. He's as good a recipient as any.

Scholar23
2013-02-17, 02:28 PM
Looking at you sheet you need it more than I do, none of my save are below 2 and you got one at -1. Sooooo, you can have it:smallsmile:, we canjust split up the potions and gold then if this is agreeable. If no one minds

Ellisande
2013-02-17, 05:28 PM
I won't complain about that logic! I'll take it then, and if anyone objects, I can take it off my sheet.

(I'll leave the potions to the rest of you. Besides, Kachja will probably get them anyway, as she lies comatose on the floor. :-P )

Also, since it seems we're going tunneling, what light sources do we have? Kachja has three sunrods. Anyone else? Do we need more?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-17, 05:43 PM
Alex has Darkvision out to 60ft.

Cryptorus
2013-02-18, 03:02 PM
I think my guy is packing a torch, not much, but next time I'll be sure to slot in light as one of my spells. At least until we can get a couple of everburning torches.

EDIT: Yup. 1 torch. That's strange, I thought Cal had more.

Scholar23
2013-02-18, 03:36 PM
Guys my staff can cast light (apon itself) 3 time a day

Sliver
2013-02-18, 04:02 PM
And Hultz can breath fire. Stop showing off!

Scholar23
2013-02-18, 06:16 PM
And Hultz can breath fire. Stop showing off!

Fine then go into the dark all by you self:smalltongue:

redzimmer
2013-02-19, 02:27 AM
Thanks in part to the insane amount of work it took to get the first battle map done, I have decided to try the next couple of combat encounters in a simpler form.

I'll list the assailants and yourselves in a column (I'll not list the foes' AC and HP unless they are identified, using the rules I listed previously. I'll just say the type of armour worn and their physical appearance otherwise.

And I'm am sick of trying to calculate spellcraft DC for combat so I'll just tell you what they cast from now on.

Sliver
2013-02-19, 08:03 AM
I'm posting from phone and have limited access. Can someone roll for me the spot and listen?

redzimmer
2013-02-19, 01:15 PM
Done and done.

redzimmer
2013-02-20, 01:19 AM
This is getting ricockulous on my recent rolls.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

I'm cursed.

Cryptorus
2013-02-24, 07:47 PM
Uh, just wondering if I'm the one that's holding us up.. Don't know because haven't gotten any PMs or notifications for the IC or this thread. Really don't want to have this be dead, seemed like it could have been a nice game.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-02-24, 07:58 PM
I think we're waiting on Red.

Scholar23
2013-02-24, 11:04 PM
He does not usally posts on sundays, mon-sat are his thing.

redzimmer
2013-02-24, 11:22 PM
Also baby in emergency room at Friday night.

Scholar23
2013-02-25, 12:00 PM
Hope eveything is allright:smallfrown:

redzimmer
2013-02-25, 01:07 PM
Not a pleasant evening. Baby seems to be in better health so one I've uncluttered real life I'll get back to the Inland Sea.

Scholar23
2013-02-25, 01:26 PM
We will survive:smalltongue:, take your time:smallsmile:

Cryptorus
2013-02-26, 10:20 PM
Yeah IRL>Pbp any day man, especially if your family (especially your kid!) is in trouble. No worries.

Also scholar, your character's verbal component (or something like that, anyway, semantics) is "Lux." Right? That's the name of my owl that I picked when I created Calvaster! I just thought to say that's a weird coincidence! :smallsmile:

Scholar23
2013-02-26, 11:38 PM
Yeah IRL>Pbp any day man, especially if your family (especially your kid!) is in trouble. No worries.

Also scholar, your character's verbal component (or something like that, anyway, semantics) is "Lux." Right? That's the name of my owl that I picked when I created Calvaster! I just thought to say that's a weird coincidence! :smallsmile:

Did you know thats latin for Light, and no:smalltongue:

Scholar23
2013-02-27, 09:56 AM
We can presume you took a five-foot step just before you shot.
And is it just me, or are the rolls recently really crap?

very one, we just got two rolls of 2 in a row for initive

Simba
2013-02-28, 02:44 AM
very one, we just got two rolls of 2 in a row for initive

Well, I just wasted a perfectly good natural 20 on an initiative roll so there you are. Rolls are crap, as you say :)

Scholar23
2013-02-28, 08:00 AM
Well, I just wasted a perfectly good natural 20 on an initiative roll so there you are. Rolls are crap, as you say :)

well at least you get to hit them frist:smalltongue:

redzimmer
2013-03-01, 02:29 AM
Hiyo gang.

Sorry baout the reduced DMing this week. Between a term project and my Little Miss getting salmonella it has not been my best week for pbp. I'll attempt to pull a Burlew and suddenly bombard you with new stuff asap.

Scholar23
2013-03-01, 11:40 PM
Its fine, sorry for the delays in response had a midterm then got pulled into a art show as a cashier out of the blue and was finally able to get back online:smallfurious:.

redzimmer
2013-03-05, 01:03 AM
Hey everybody, I just want to get a list of those still involved. What with my prolonged absences last few weeks I'm sure some of you have reconsidered PCing my game.

So if you are still onboard please let me know within the next two days, otherwise I'll re-open for alternates (or just go with a reduced party, whatevs).

Simba
2013-03-05, 01:34 AM
I'm still here!

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-05, 07:56 AM
I'm here, don't worry.

Scholar23
2013-03-05, 09:02 AM
here:smalltongue:

Ellisande
2013-03-05, 04:46 PM
I'm here too--but I'm glad I checked in today rather than tomorrow!

redzimmer
2013-03-07, 08:31 PM
So, Tooth, Hodge, Kachja and Alex for shure.

Last call?

Dunkoro
2013-03-08, 02:43 AM
I too am still here. I simply forgot to subscribe to OOC =]

Cryptorus
2013-03-08, 12:45 PM
I as well. Sorry about that. I also didn't subscribe to the OOC, but that is rectified!

redzimmer
2013-03-08, 01:19 PM
Okay, looks like only Hultz is out. No need to bulk up on new folks then.

Dunkoro
2013-03-08, 01:20 PM
Have you PMed him, just to be sure?

redzimmer
2013-03-08, 02:13 PM
Just thinking that. Damned halfling mind-readers.

redzimmer
2013-03-11, 02:50 PM
So I have not had word from Silver, as such I have decided to press on without him.

However, circumstances often lead to being 'afk' for long periods of time, so I elect to just keep Hultz in the background, just out of your peripheral vision in case Silver comes back and wishes to resume.

All in favour?

Dunkoro
2013-03-11, 02:55 PM
So I have not had word from Silver, as such I have decided to press on without him.

However, circumstances often lead to being 'afk' for long periods of time, so I elect to just keep Hultz in the background, just out of your peripheral vision in case Silver comes back and wishes to resume.

All in favour?

+1

I'm in favour of keeping characters alive. I've often founf myself in such a situation (internet was down, had important exams etc.)

Scholar23
2013-03-12, 12:30 AM
good enough for me:smalltongue:

Simba
2013-03-12, 03:35 AM
YES! (plus a few characters to make the system happy :)

Ellisande
2013-03-14, 12:51 AM
So I have not had word from Silver, as such I have decided to press on without him.

However, circumstances often lead to being 'afk' for long periods of time, so I elect to just keep Hultz in the background, just out of your peripheral vision in case Silver comes back and wishes to resume.

All in favour?

Enlightened self-interest puts me in favour as well.

Cryptorus
2013-03-17, 05:01 PM
I was fine with this by the way, I usually try not to say something in things liike this unless I have an objection.

redzimmer
2013-03-18, 03:42 PM
Okay, it looks like we've stalled a second time both in ic and ooc. Soo...

I think I'd better pull the plug on this one. Who wants spoilers as to wtf I was trying to do? It would've been cool.

Shutting down IC

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-18, 06:01 PM
Like I said in IC, it's only been two days. We're waiting on Ellie to post, if she doesn't then we carry on without.

Scholar23
2013-03-19, 07:01 AM
we're still here just wating our turns, you got to give the player another day or so.

redzimmer
2013-03-19, 10:37 AM
We'll see. I am more inclined to reboot. This time with a smaller roster and shorter "how you met" thing.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-19, 10:40 AM
Well, tally up who's still here and re recruit to fill out empty slots.

So far, you have for sure:

Me (Sgt. Cookie)
Scholar23

Dunkoro
2013-03-19, 10:41 AM
I'm still here too!

And if you're going to reboot, I'd be in favour of "initiative blocks".
It's working well in other games I'm participating in, since we don't have to wait 2 days for one person and then 2 days for another.

redzimmer
2013-03-19, 12:11 PM
Okay, please summarize this "initiative block".

Also the mapping combat is totally out of question for me.

Dunkoro
2013-03-19, 12:13 PM
Everyone posts out-of order their actions for the round, along with alternative action, in case something changes to invalidate the original one. Then, when everybody has posted, DM resolves whole combat round in a sinle post.

redzimmer
2013-03-19, 02:17 PM
Sounds easier.

Consider us hiatused until 4 p.m. PST Thursday.

Anyone who's not piped in as still here will be let go, I will post to top-up if necessary for three days and start again Monday.

Sgt. Cookie
Scholar23
Dunkoro

(you can keep your current PC/background or rejig yourself. We're totally going New 52 Flashpoint here. Only, y'know, not crap.)

Dunkoro
2013-03-19, 02:20 PM
I'd propably want to revamp my character. Would you allow me to be an Ætherforge (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=7141.60)?

redzimmer
2013-03-19, 02:46 PM
No I fear not. Just gonna stick to the official 3.5s (except Magic of Incarnum, Tome of Battle and all things Psionic).

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-19, 02:50 PM
Wait, does that mean no more Alex?

redzimmer
2013-03-19, 02:53 PM
You were a special case in that I forgot my own exception.

So don't remind me...

Ellisande
2013-03-19, 11:10 PM
I'm checking in, and I'd like to keep going if you'll have me... though I've got less daytime posting ability than most of you.

And I like the way Kachja turned out, so I'm inclined to leave her alone. Though I suspect her days are numbered. (9 HP for a combative character? Glass Cannon!)

redzimmer
2013-03-21, 11:29 AM
I think of you more as the speedy striker. You'll just need lots of evasion gear.

redzimmer
2013-03-21, 12:03 PM
Okay.

So I have thus commited to continue:

{table]Player | Character name | Race & Class
Sgt Cookie (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=62197) | |
Dunkoro (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=71867) | |
Scholar23 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=50775) | |
Ellisande | | (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=267771) [/table]

You now have until Sunday Midnight PST to decide if you want to keep your existing PC, update them/rewrite them somehow or recreate from scratch a new PC. Keep in mind my limits remain. Existing exceptions not included.

Limits are: No Magic of Incarnum. No Tome of Battle. No Psionics.

BONUS

You have all gained a level!

Briefly put, what happened:

-You got through the kobold's tunnel. You discovered that the kobolds built it sometime within the past year. It goes back almost three miles to a small shack.
-You discovered the shack was once owned by the evil leatherworker/necromancer Ceracis whom as you already know was killed a year ago by a group of adventurers who got themselves nice statues in their honor.
-At least three town guards work with the kobolds. Rory the guard among them.
-An unknown person is giving them orders, you overhear him telling the guards to open the city to a kobold raid at midnight.
-You fought off the remaining kobolds and a couple more undead in the cabin area.
-You made you way back to town and identified the corrupt guards to Captain Adin and Comptess de Burroughs.
-You were coaxed into joining the town defense against the kobold attack. You beat them back and are now completely in the good graces of the town of Narrows.

Any questions?
XP: You now each have a grand total of 3,500 xp. Room to craft and not lose a level if you're so inclined.

Treasure:
1. You found in the locked box:

three vials, each with what have been identified as necrotic cysts (http://dndtools.eu/spells/libris-mortis-the-book-of-the-dead--71/necrotic-cyst--1488/). The vials had names written on them: Silva. Compte De Burroughs. Faruk Sala Adin.
five black onyx gems, each worth 25 gp.
2. In the haunted clothes that attacked you: 3 gp, 8 sp, and a copper brooch with the name "Sateme" engraved upon it, worth 5 gp.
3. One scroll: Spawn Screen (http://dndtools.eu/spells/libris-mortis-the-book-of-the-dead--71/spawn-screen--1499/)

It is one week later. The High Tide Festival has come and gone, you have recovered from your injuries.

The two new people I am going to post for are now companion with you. Why? Because they happened to be in town and helped you fight off the kobolds.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-21, 12:15 PM
I'm keeping Alex, advanced apropriatly.

Scholar23
2013-03-21, 12:34 PM
Keeping hodge:smallbiggrin:; ya level up

Scholar23
2013-03-21, 12:42 PM
Anyone mind if I attempt to add the scroll to my spellbook?

redzimmer
2013-03-21, 12:43 PM
Note xp errata. Is now 3,500, not 3,200.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-21, 12:45 PM
Given that it would be more useful there than as a scroll, I don't mind.

Scholar23
2013-03-21, 12:45 PM
being lazy, how much does that leave to crafting?

redzimmer
2013-03-21, 12:50 PM
500 xp to fuddle with.

Scholar23
2013-03-21, 12:52 PM
OH:smallbiggrin:, this should be fun, anyone esle mind about the scroll?

Simba
2013-03-21, 03:21 PM
Sorry for my prolonged absence. Almost all of my family fell sick last week, one of our 3 children still has high fever and my wife is in hospital. This is the 3rd time I managed to get online lately...

I would still like to be a part of this game if you will take me.

redzimmer
2013-03-21, 04:17 PM
Come back Tooth! I can completely sympathize.

Dunkoro
2013-03-23, 06:05 PM
I'm going to rewrite my character. Beasley might have been burned for being a necromancer :smallbiggrin:

How about a ranger chain-ACFed into shapeshift?

Forget it, just gonna be a Druid, Ranger has little to offer out of combat.
A Strongheart Halfling with a raiding dog companion?

Beasley's cousin maybe?

Seems like we have a Druid applicant in our recruitement thread as well. In that case I might be Beasley anyway... Too bad I've deleted the character sheet already, but I can propably remake him in about 2 hours.

redzimmer
2013-03-25, 12:19 PM
Since I was called away unexpectedly-like yesterday, you all have until tomorrow to decide if and what you want to do to alter your PCs.

Yes, even their birthdates.

Scholar23
2013-03-25, 07:03 PM
Changing Hodges brith day to End winter:smallbiggrin:

Ah, do you mind if I go golem happy with creating stuff?

redzimmer
2013-03-25, 10:51 PM
Whatever you xp allows. Just always have their stats close by.

Scholar23
2013-03-25, 11:01 PM
Hp for 3rd level
[roll0]

Dunkoro
2013-03-26, 01:57 AM
Does anyone remember Beasley's ability scores?
Found it in the old thread; was using PB.

Could I alter Beasley a little bit? (Like replace the level of Dread Necromancer with a level of Warlock or Binder)?

Ellisande
2013-03-26, 09:49 AM
Yes, even their birthdates.

Boy is this tempting! How much weight should we put on the domains of each sign, and how much on the associated alignments?

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 10:49 AM
@Dunkoro: Yes. Swap away.

@Ellisande: Only relevant if you are a cleric or druid who worship said sign. I might bring in my homebrew affinity feats that allow you the domain spell as a spell-like ability as well. Haven't decided.

Dunkoro
2013-03-26, 01:27 PM
As I'm still Beasley and he's still a necromancer (Dread too), would you mind me taking these Onyx Stones? They will prove quite useful once I get Animate Dead.

Anyway, difference in WBL between level 2 and level 3 is (2700-900=1800). Our whole party got less than 1800 gp if I'm counting right. Is this deliberate? I'd like to have a Reliquary Holy Symbol (1000 gp) :smallwink:

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 01:55 PM
And I'll reiterate that all spells in Libris Mortis not already on a Dread Necromancer's list are now on this list. Any other spell that qualifies can still be learned via Advanced Learning starting at level 4.

Dunkoro
2013-03-26, 01:57 PM
Thanks, not that it helps me a lot, since Dread Necromancer is only a dip (I'll never have CL in it bigger than 1).

What about my WBL question?

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 01:59 PM
Still, it is something you may want to revisit if you want to add more oomph the the master of shrouds.

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 02:01 PM
So I made the replacement picks, who will be introducing themselves soon. In the meantime, I'll now let you finish your tweaks. I will give you until tomorrow to finish.

Dunkoro
2013-03-26, 02:04 PM
My (post-edited) question about WBL seems to be missed twice :smallwink:
Is our low amount of money for the level we are on deliberate?

Do I have to rewrite Beasley's history, or you do remember it?

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 02:08 PM
Yes. Too much augment crystal abuse in my last game.

Also, I want the PCs to exult in their first magic gear.

RecoveringGamer
2013-03-26, 04:51 PM
Ohai! I'm going to be playing a drunk old halfling riding a goat... more or less.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=538648

My sleep cycle is doing cruel things to me right now so the backstory is only half-written but it'll be done soon enough :3

Dunkoro
2013-03-26, 04:54 PM
By the way; what about Beasley's assignment from the cult of Vecna? If I recall it right, he never finished it.

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 05:04 PM
Not even started, save knowing that a Dr. Silva is looking for scribes who read/write draconic.

Dunkoro
2013-03-26, 05:19 PM
Okay, Beasley (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=540988) is finished anew. If you'd like me to write his backstory from memory I could, but I'm not sure if I remember everything anymore.
He's learned Draconic in the meantime from everyone's favourite scribe, since it seemed to him it's quite useful to know that language; it's most people's go-to "aristocratic" language.

Scholar23
2013-03-26, 06:38 PM
And earlier we did appy for the postion, we could have it start off to seeing who actually got the job.

redzimmer
2013-03-26, 08:48 PM
You put your application and contact info in with the clerk at the Captain's Rest. Dr. Silva was still in Upwind, but has returned in the past week.

IC, the two new additions two the group assisted the defense of the town. At this moment it is one week to the day you first were attacked in the park.

Once You all have checked in with either you new PC or the link to your existing or updated character sheet, we can begin again.

redzimmer
2013-03-27, 07:43 PM
So? Last call?

Ellisande
2013-03-27, 07:57 PM
All right, if I'm not trying to match up the alignments/character too much, Kachja's now a child of Middlefall. Her sheet is still here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496911), and I think she's ready to go (aside from any loot split).

RecoveringGamer
2013-03-27, 08:07 PM
Background is still done but not fully written out, but I can start playing whenever.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-27, 08:19 PM
I'll have Alex's sheet up today or early tommorow. No computer use lately, and Mythweavers and my Tablet do not mix.

Scholar23
2013-03-27, 09:07 PM
Umm, I will have the final sheet up friday, right now I'm doing this from a phone:smallyuk:, computer is getting fixed, sorry:smallfrown:

Simba
2013-03-28, 02:44 AM
Tooth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=492697) will stay as he is.

Simba
2013-03-28, 02:48 AM
Seems like we have a Druid applicant in our recruitement thread as well. In that case I might be Beasley anyway... Too bad I've deleted the character sheet already, but I can propably remake him in about 2 hours.

We also have a Ranger/Druid character in the group.....

Simba
2013-03-28, 03:25 AM
Rolling HPs for level 3 (Druid 2):

[roll0] LOL, as expected. As by our houserules this makes it a 4, right?

RecoveringGamer
2013-03-28, 03:38 AM
We also have a Ranger/Druid character in the group.....

Yeah... when redzimmer posted the signups it wasn't clear that you'd be continuing on with your character. I think it still works though since Tooth seems very melee-oriented whereas Trewlid is anything but.

Simba
2013-03-28, 03:45 AM
Tooth is a secondary tank - or will be once his Druid levels go up a little. At the moment he is kinda useless in combat as he needs a spell before he can do real damage. I see him as a scout and a skirmisher, more or less. Having 2 druids does not hurt the group at all, I guess. We're different enough.

redzimmer
2013-03-28, 01:01 PM
Rolling HPs for level 3 (Druid 2):

[roll0] LOL, as expected. As by our houserules this makes it a 4, right?

This is correct.

redzimmer
2013-03-28, 04:50 PM
Okay then friendly friends, I am not terribly free tomorrow, I will be available for posts Saturday, then am unavailable Sunday/Monday.

So please be ready for the new scenario to be posted Saturday and be ready to participate Tuesday.

redzimmer
2013-03-28, 04:54 PM
{table]Player | Character name | Race & Class
Simba (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=8475) | Tooth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=492697) | Shift Druid/Ranger
Dunkoro (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=71867) | Beasley (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496399) | Cloistered Cleric/Dread Necromancer
Scholar23 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=50775) | Hodge Lorewell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=493876) | Human Wizard
Sgt. Cookie (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=62197) | Alex (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491077) | Harpy
Ellisande (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=27615) | Kachja (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496911) | Elf Scout
Cardea (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=51800) | | Kobold Rogue
RecoveringGamer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=62173) | Trewlid Northbracken (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=538648) | Halfling Druid [/table]

Scholar23
2013-03-29, 10:07 PM
Just relized I can't learn the spell, it is from my forbidden school.

Scholar23
2013-03-29, 10:10 PM
Can you let me use a black smith to forge my Ironlings, I need an npc to do the check twice. and have created one ashling so far:smallbiggrin: named charcoal

redzimmer
2013-03-29, 11:40 PM
Here are the stats for the blacksmith currently renting a stall in the merchant's market:

Brenner, male human Exp3: CR 2; Size M (5 ft., 11 in. tall);
HD 3d6+3; hp 15; Init +1; Spd 30 ft.; AC 11; Attack +3
melee, or +3 ranged; SV Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6; AL LG; Str
12, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 11.

Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Terran.


Skills and feats: Bluff +2, Craft (Blacksmithing) +10, Craft
(Bowmaking) +4, Craft (Trapmaking) +8, Hide +1, Jump +7,
Knowledge (Geography) +7, Listen +3, Move Silently +1,
Perform (Comedy) +0.5, Perform (Wind Instruments) +6, Ride
+7, Search +4.5, Spot +3, Survival +9; Great Fortitude,
Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Craft (Blacksmithing)).

Maximum value for sales: 2,500 gp in gear.

Dunkoro
2013-03-30, 04:30 AM
NPC character level 3 with CR 2? PC characters are considered having CR of half their CL =]

Scholar23
2013-03-30, 07:55 AM
Ironlings

Crafting golem one
[roll0]

Crafting golem two
[roll1]

Crafting golem three
[roll2]

redzimmer
2013-03-30, 12:23 PM
He's a expert level 3, the first level of npc class is a 1/2 level.

Ellisande
2013-04-02, 09:27 AM
Scholar23, please pardon the nitpick, but when you write "graudian", do you mean guardian? Or should I recognize the term to mean something different?

Scholar23
2013-04-02, 09:37 AM
Ah my mistake, could write it off as my way of namig the little ironlins but... my fault will edit later, gotta go thanks for catching it:smallsmile:

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-02, 09:53 AM
Now that I have internet on a laptop again, rollin for HP:

[roll0]

redzimmer
2013-04-02, 12:08 PM
@Cardea & RecoveringGamer

For kobold I'll still need the stats. You PC aided in the defense of the town, but the guard captain Faruk Sala Adin saw it prudent to keep you in protective custody due to the likely anti-kobold backlash. You will be discreetly escorted to the Comptess's manor with a potion of alter self given to you.

For Trewlid, consider your PC one of those offered the invitation of the Comptess as well.

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-03, 04:00 PM
Ah okay, I wasn't sure where to place my character. IC post up soon...

Dunkoro
2013-04-05, 07:00 AM
Did this game die AGAIN?

Ellisande
2013-04-05, 08:35 AM
I'm worried, but I suspect Redzimmer's had something come up, and will be back to us soon.

(My vote is for pressing onward with whoever remains at that point.)

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-05, 09:29 AM
Well, I'm around.

Scholar23
2013-04-05, 09:35 AM
Did this game die AGAIN?

I hope not, I'm just waiting

redzimmer
2013-04-05, 12:08 PM
Was waiting on input from two new people. Will Post an alert to them in the IC then just press on without 'em.

So yeah. Still going. In meantime look over all the possibilities re: jobs and contacts and marketplaces. Shop if you like, all the places are open.

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-05, 01:13 PM
Why don't you have a link to my character sheet? http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=538648

'orrible anxiety, drama, and sleep schedule for the last two days, sorry about that. I'll make a not-so-detailed IC post instead of my usual fare.

redzimmer
2013-04-05, 02:15 PM
Welcome to Narrows. Try the sturgeon pie.

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-05, 02:42 PM
B-but I don't eat meat ;_;

redzimmer
2013-04-05, 02:45 PM
Then cast reincarnate on it and make a new friend!

Dunkoro
2013-04-05, 02:51 PM
Not to be picky or anything, but how gratitude can be generous? :smallbiggrin:
EDIT: And nobody even suspects a little necromancer over there of cooperation with the enemy? I find it strange that our allies are so trusting Beasley.

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-05, 03:21 PM
Is Beasley a traitor? I've not had the luxury of reading the whole IC and OOC threads from before I joined.

Dunkoro
2013-04-05, 03:23 PM
No, he's not. But he's a necromancer, and people tend to stereotipize on such occasions. That's why I'm surprised nobody's suspecting him of being an inside man of them.

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-05, 03:50 PM
Ah. For the time being Trewlid is completely ignorant to the fact that you're a necromancer. He does not like those who tamper with the dead, though despite his persona he'd be tactful enough to keep any possible suspicions to himself.

redzimmer
2013-04-05, 04:22 PM
Not to be picky or anything


he said, pickily...

You just can't understand their thick Unclaimed Northern accents.

As for suspecting you, nobody would suspect the brother of brave Sir Ossiter of having nothing but the purest of intention. Obviously it was the kobolds who set you up, and that is what Lady deBurroughs is telling anyone who will listen.

Dunkoro
2013-04-05, 04:30 PM
he said, pickily...

You just can't understand their thick Unclaimed Northern accents.

As for suspecting you, nobody would suspect the brother of brave Sir Ossiter of having nothing but the purest of intention. Obviously it was the kobolds who set you up, and that is what Lady deBurroughs is telling anyone who will listen.

That sounds reasonable.

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-06, 11:05 AM
So what are we doing, attending to our own business before meeting again at night?

redzimmer
2013-04-06, 02:46 PM
I am usually very inactive on weekends so now is time for you to makes purchases, acquaint your pc with the others and ask questions ic and ooc.

Dunkoro
2013-04-08, 01:36 PM
I love it when I get a message, it says something, and I still know nothing:

Is the note supposed to help me with my previous assignment or to be a way to obtain a new one?

What does "cover your left hand" mean? How is Beasley supposed to cover his hand, by putting in inside his sleeve?

What comes with being promoted to being a Whisper of Vecna? Any specifics Beasley might know of?

And yes, I realize that Vecna's cult is supposed to be mysterious and full of understatements.

redzimmer
2013-04-08, 01:45 PM
Vecna is a jerk. He is a god of mysteries and secrets and as such like to test his followers.

ooc: Go ask Gible for help. Cover your hand is any way you wish. It's just a nod to Ol' Blinky McOnehand himself.

As for being a Whisper, it means other in the church will be more free in divulging info, plus a circumstantial reaction bonus as needed.

And pork chop sandwiches are half the battle.

Dunkoro
2013-04-08, 01:53 PM
Okay, now I only need to find this whole Gible. Completely no problem to find a guy knowing nothing but his name. :smallbiggrin:

redzimmer
2013-04-08, 02:01 PM
You have many options.

Gather info, spot check, read the IC post right after the one directed at you...

RecoveringGamer
2013-04-09, 12:07 AM
Why did Scholar23 just skip ahead half of a day? I thought we were supposed to meet up at night?