PDA

View Full Version : build suggestion

limejuicepowder
2013-01-14, 11:18 AM
I'm working on a scary half-orc build, and so far I've got paragon 1, spirit lion barb 1, fighter 2, paragon 1, menacing brute 1 (total of 6 levels).

Feats are menacing demeanor (1), iron will (3), power attack (b), improved bullrush (b), imperious command (6)

Max out intimidate obviously - his intimidate right now is +16

Here's the question: I see several different directions this build could go from here. I almost definitely want to finish out menacing brute, but after that I'm not sure. I've thought of:
-Avenging Executioner: No this class isn't that great, but there is good synergy. Rapid intimidation and dread blade in particular would be nice to have, and the capstone would make for 2 will saves against debilitating fear every time an enemy is dropped.
-Pally of Tyranny: standard 3 level dip for aura.
-Warblade: general melee goodness. I don't want this guy to have only 1 trick (that's boring), and this would go a long way towards that.
-Rogue/swordsage: worth it if avenging executioner is taken. They'd also significantly boost skills - something this build is kind of starved for.
-If there's an extra level somewhere, finishing out paragon for +2 str

Also, feats. I'm not tied to the charging feats. Tripping is always good, and it also goes with the BFC theme. I'd also thought of a crit-fisher type, taking advantage of menacing brute's ruthless cut. Dropping enemies with a crit also increases the DC of the capstone ability.

Thoughts?

vhfforever
2013-01-14, 12:59 PM
Hrm. Zent Fighter, CW Samurai (Yes, I know I'll be dodging thrown books), Paladin of Tyranny, Avenging Executioner...plenty of options to finish it out, honestly, while keeping the flavor.

Keld Denar
2013-01-14, 01:01 PM
More Zhent fighter levels would be ok, 7 to go till swift action demoralize. Also, for feats, Extra Rage is nice to pair up with that barb level, and opens up Intimidating Rage as a tactic usable more than once pet day.

Dungeon Crashing can be fun as well. Tougher to use often without the Knockback feat (which requires large or Powerful Build), but still a nice tactic regardless, especially after applying the penalties to the opposed bullrush from stacking fear.

Edit: 4 levels of Hexblade might be fun. Fear naturally debuffs saves, setting up combos with allied casters. Add Dark Companion and Curse on top of that adds team synergy in delightfully delicious fashion.

vhfforever
2013-01-14, 01:37 PM
Edit: 4 levels of Hexblade might be fun. Fear naturally debuffs saves, setting up combos with allied casters. Add Dark Companion and Curse on top of that adds team synergy in delightfully delicious fashion.

I was actually thinking about this.

Zhent Fighter 9, Half Orc Paragon 2, Menacing Brute 3, LT Barbarian 1, Paladin of Tyranny 3 fills out all 20 levels, gives plenty of Fighter Bonus Feats to pick another style along with whatever you may be doing...and even allows for Dungeoncrashing if you like.

EDIT: Math is hard...you wouldn't be able to finish Menacing Brute with Hexblade 4, but Paladin of Tyranny 3 works.