PDA

View Full Version : maximum reach

limejuicepowder
2013-01-14, 03:17 PM
It's been done before I know, but I want to see how much reach a medium character can have with a natural attack/unarmed strike. So far I've thought of

- Inhuman Reach feat +5ft
- Warshaper's morphic reach +5tf
- Lunging Strike feat +5ft (this has the drawback of not allowing iteratives).

Any others? Note that I don't want to use weapons or size increases; I want this character to look as unassuming as possible up until he throws a punch from X feet away.

Also, can full-round attack actions be combined, like decisive strike and lunging strike?

Qc Storm
2013-01-14, 03:22 PM
Greatreach bracers grant you +10ft to reach for 1 round, 3/day. Very cheap at 2000 gold.

Some Tome of Battle stances and maneuvers grant you reach. I remember a mid-level stance giving you extra reach, and a desert sun maneuver giving you reach and fire damage.

GnomeGninjas
2013-01-14, 03:23 PM
Willing Deformity (tall) increases reach though you still technically are medium.

Person_Man
2013-01-14, 03:28 PM
Increasing Size, Effective Size, Unarmed Damage, Reach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777)

I'm sure there are a few Pathfinder things missing. Otherwise, it should be a fairly comprehensive list of 3.5 methods to increase reach.

ddude987
2013-01-14, 04:51 PM
The most I've seen is 40' with a weapon so I would assume 20' is without, here is the link to it: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19998625/How_to_Get_40ft_of_Reach_by_6th_lvl_in_Damp?liveVi ew=0

rot42
2013-01-14, 06:49 PM
Dark Clasp (Dragon Magic 100). Single attack and Swift action to activate (so not compatible with the superior Greatreach Bracers), but it does allow a few niche out of combat uses.

Umbral Disciple 10 (Magic of Incarnum 158), ECL 15: +5' for each essentia invested (20' plus whatever you can do to increase investment in a class feature). Only works on your turn and might have a funny interaction when used with a reach weapon with a doughnut hole, but at least it is compatible with Whirlwind Attack.

Also, can full-round attack actions be combined, like decisive strike and lunging strike?

Not generally, no. That is the feat that gives you 5' of reach for a single attack and the Monk ACF that replaces Flurry with a single blow? I might houserule that one to work.