PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of ends

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

white rider
2013-01-14, 05:52 PM
Alright, this is the OOC. Idle chat, metagame questions, and all the stuff that doesn't fit into the IC thread will go here.
I will post a IC thread when all the sheets are done.
{table=head]Username|Character Name|Race|Class
Snowbluff|Seraciel (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=64068)|Human|Wizard 3/Master Abjurer 5/Abjurant Champion 5/Legacy Champion 5//Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Incarnate 10
Morcleon|Furude Setsuna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=465091)|Unseelie Fey Magic-Blooded Human|Beguiler 18//Monk1/Sorcerer 4/Mindbender 1/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Loremaster 7
Doc_Pippin|Kabala Tolador (www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=498983)|gray elf|Archivist 18//C. Cleric 5/Sov. Sp 9/Contemplative 1/Hierophant 3
Hat-Trick|Julian Coupe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=504437)|Human|Rogue 5/Avenging Executioner 5/Ghost-Faced Killer 8//Hexblade 18
Sjlver|Rix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=497768)|Azurin|Swordsage 6/Cleric 4/Ruby Knight Vindicator 8//Crusader 5/Incarnate 7/Shiba Protector 1/Master of Nine 5
[/table]

IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14540588#post14540588)

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 06:01 PM
OKay I'll start with 2 things.

I think Doc_Pippin committed a ritual suicide, even though we let him in. Racist joke, lol jk. Seriously, I don't think he's coming back and that's too bad. :smallfrown:

I won't ever cast Disjunction, I hope you won't either. It's in poor taste. I am not a big fan of "No", buttons, and that's a pretty big one.

white rider
2013-01-14, 06:20 PM
I won't ever cast Disjunction, I hope you won't either. It's in poor taste. I am not a big fan of "No", buttons, and that's a pretty big one.

Yeah, I used to do that to keep the PCs from breaking the game, but I don't do that anymore. It's sort of rude to ruin an entire caster's worth of buffs, and it just gets annoying to keep recalculating a sheet after I kill half your items.
Greater dispels, on the other hand, are perfectly legitimate, despite being evil.:smallbiggrin:

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 06:29 PM
I think Doc_Pippin committed a ritual suicide, even though we let him in. Racist joke, lol jk. Seriously, I don't think he's coming back and that's too bad. :smallfrown:

I don't think he is. The sheet has already been deleted. :smallfrown:

Right now, we have four players: Hat-Trick, Morcleon, Sjlver, Snowbluff. If we want to boost our number to five, we could always invite back autopsibiofeeder.

Yeah, I used to do that to keep the PCs from breaking the game, but I don't do that anymore. It's sort of rude to ruin an entire caster's worth of buffs, and it just gets annoying to keep recalculating a sheet after I kill half your items.
Greater dispels, on the other hand, are perfectly legitimate, despite being evil.:smallbiggrin:

Ring of Enduring Arcana is a good item, people. :smallbiggrin: Especially for you, Snow. You'll be providing a lot of our buffs. :smallwink:

Hat-Trick
2013-01-14, 06:30 PM
Yay, OOC!

Going to voice another concern: I'm hoping we don't just fight large bags of HD, but a few groups of little guys as well, otherwise my AE/GFK abilities won't be as fun. That HD cap of my character level (18) is going to hurt.

white rider
2013-01-14, 06:32 PM
Right now, we have four players: Hat-Trick, Morcleon, Sjlver, Snowbluff. If we want to boost our number to five, we could always invite back autopsibiofeeder.

Yeah, let's do that. You wanna handle it or should I?

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 06:40 PM
I don't think he is. The sheet has already been deleted. :smallfrown:
Good eye, which is precisely why I thought he wasn't coming back.

If something goes wrong, I will say I told you so. I voted against him for a reason. I think the party has enough arcanists, and I don't think we need that sort of redundancy. But we've voted 2 out of 3.

I'll write the Favored Soul into my character. OR! I could be an Archivist... that's an awful idea. What feat are we using to change our casting stats?

Ring of Enduring Arcana is a good item, people. :smallbiggrin: Especially for you, Snow. You'll be providing a lot of our buffs. :smallwink:

It's been in my inventory since the 3 Mary-Sues.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 07:03 PM
I'm not Japanese? Im US Military stationed in Japan... my engrish ish too betta to be Ah'Japanese! And as the build was causing problems I hit the big red button.

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 07:07 PM
I'm not Japanese? Im US Military stationed in Japan... my engrish ish too betta to be Ah'Japanese! And as the build was causing problems I hit the big red button.

I though you officially withdrew. Do you have something to show me? I am willing to have you back, but I think you withdrew. I am still subscribed to the recruiting thread, fyi.

Wow it's a good thing I haven't gotten any work done.

white rider
2013-01-14, 07:20 PM
Wow it's a good thing I haven't gotten any work done.

Work is for people with lives, not gamers!
But really, on a related concern I have a literal metric 01110011011010000110100101110100001011010111010001 10111101101110 of studying to do. :smallfrown:

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 07:23 PM
I did withdraw, but I am not a vengeful hate filled person, I still want to make sure my actions don't cut short anyone's game.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 07:24 PM
But really, on a related concern I have a literal metric 01110011011010000110100101110100001011010111010001 10111101101110 of studying to do. :smallfrown:

Hmmm whats the subject? If it's science related, I am a Navy M.D. I could give some tips...

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 07:25 PM

Can't believe I had to have that translated. My binary sucks, by the way.

I am on vacation, right now. Classes don't start for another few weeks for me, and my workplace is moving.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-14, 07:41 PM
Actually had my first college class today, which was cool, nothing time consuming though. Not yet.

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 07:50 PM
Yay, Doc_Pippin is back! ^_^

I'm sitting here in the programming division of our robotics team... We don't have anything to do right now 'cuz the robot is being fixed remade.

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 07:54 PM
You're at least back in class, right?

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 08:00 PM
You're at least back in class, right?

Yeah, school started for me last week... Been pretty slow so far though.

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 08:08 PM
Yeah, school started for me last week... Been pretty slow so far though.

That's cool. I am drawing that paladin.

@Doc_Pippin. If you are going to stick around, could you build your new character? Or at least give us the general idea? I really want to actually finish my character while I still am doing nothing. :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 08:26 PM
That's cool. I am drawing that paladin.

Yay, parasol!paladins!

@white rider: Would you care to c&p my table into the first post on this thread? (with changes, of course) :smallbiggrin:

white rider
2013-01-14, 08:31 PM
Yay, parasol!paladins!

@white rider: Would you care to c&p my table into the first post on this thread? (with changes, of course) :smallbiggrin:

I would love to. Where is it?
Edit: oops, meesa stupidsa :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 08:36 PM

The table here? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14482980&postcount=1)

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 08:36 PM

First page of the recruitment thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14482980#post14482980) I went through and fixed formatting and stuff. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Aaaand ninja'd. :smallredface:

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 08:53 PM
Im thinking Illumian
Archivist/Loremaster//Duskblade

That way I have survivablity and Mass heal...

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 09:02 PM
Man, what is with you and making builds for insta-gibbing. Even worse is figuring out what roles to fill, knowing this information. :smalltongue:

Sjlver. Step it up. If you want, I can help. I don't think another Duskblade is a good idea, though.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 09:06 PM
Another Duskblade? I thought he was a hexblade? My first thought was Archivist//Cleric but that seemed like to much Divine POWA!!!! Duskblade would give light arcane and full bab...

And Gibbing is not the goal... nor is skill monkeying, I would function as the Knowledge Bank but not the rogue in any sense. The Duskblade side would give a little security by allowing vampiric temp HP to take hits so I wouldn't need to heal myself to often and I could save the mass heals for emergencies

If the Duskblade is blah due to over lap Warlock could work but it would keep me WAY out of the melee... And we can't theurge even on one side which killed my first idea of an Eldritch theurge on one side allowing a heal cannon...

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 09:12 PM
Another Duskblade? I thought he was a hexblade? My first thought was Archivist//Cleric but that seemed like to much Divine POWA!!!! Duskblade would give light arcane and full bab...

And Gibbing is not the goal... nor is skill monkeying, I would function as the Knowledge Bank but not the rogue in any sense. The Duskblade side would give a little security by allowing vampiric temp HP to take hits so I wouldn't need to heal myself to often and I could save the mass heals for emergencies

Hat-Trick is the hexblade. Divine power is something that is somewhat lacking in this party right now, what with Sjlver being gish-focused rather than casting focused.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-14, 09:17 PM
Yeah I'm not sure where we're getting two Duskblades from. None of the current players have it as a class at any level. Just me as a Hexblade, which isn't as close as the name would suggest.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 09:17 PM
If the Duskblade is blah due to over lap Warlock could work but it would keep me WAY out of the melee... And we can't duel progress even on one side which killed my first idea of an Eldritch Disciple (Not theurge) on one side allowing a heal cannon...

white rider
2013-01-14, 09:19 PM
You could try to go the route of archivist//paladin and be a tanky healer... or perhaps ranged support. People tend to fill lots of roles in gestalt.

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 09:24 PM
Sera was the go-to knowledge bank. I don't have anything else to do with the skill ranks at this point. Or not. Idk.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 10:00 PM
Hmm so I think Archivist//Cloistered Cleric 3/Church inquisitor 8/Prestige paladin 3/Hierophant 4 this will be a healer on insane proportion ... And still capable of surviving combat

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 10:01 PM
You don't need to go overboard. Whatever.

I guess I'll try and figure out what I am doing. Do we have a ranged character in the group?

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-14, 10:05 PM
Present! That's what makes the build so awesome touch spells at 60feet and Zen Archery/Divine power I can attack and heal at range which is good because I am gonna be a squishy meatbag

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 10:08 PM
Present! That's what makes the build so awesome touch spells at 60feet and Zen Archery/Divine power I can attack and heal at range which is good because I am gonna be a squishy meatbag

That should not be a problem, but we already have 2 melee guys, so I might pick up archery so I have something to do while not dispelling.

Sjlver
2013-01-14, 10:08 PM
How am I suppose to step it up, have I not stepped up enough, is there more stepping up to do?

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 10:09 PM
How am I suppose to step it up, have I not stepped up enough, is there more stepping up to do?

Nope, nevermind. How is the character going? I could walk over to you and ask, but that'd be silly.

Sjlver
2013-01-14, 10:11 PM
Nope, nevermind. How is the character going? I could walk over to you and ask, but that'd be silly.

hah yes, silly indeed, but this is one quandary that is fairly scary that must be rectified and that is if my unarmed attack can be treated as a secondary to me Scimitar of Awesome.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-14, 10:36 PM
YOu can dual wield with a weapon and an unarmed strike if that's what you're asking, yes.

Morcleon
2013-01-14, 10:40 PM
You don't need to go overboard. Whatever.

I guess I'll try and figure out what I am doing. Do we have a ranged character in the group?

Setsuna is ranged. Cast-y, but ranged nonetheless.

@Sjlver: Unarmed strike is considered a light weapon, so you take minimal penalties for TWF. If you're asking if it can be used as a secondary natural weapon, that's a DM ruling.

Sjlver
2013-01-14, 10:47 PM
@Sjlver: Unarmed strike is considered a light weapon, so you take minimal penalties for TWF. If you're asking if it can be used as a secondary natural weapon, that's a DM ruling.

Yes, that is indeed what I am asking, thank you! :)

white rider
2013-01-14, 10:56 PM
Yes, that is indeed what I am asking, thank you! :)

Yes, it can.

Snowbluff
2013-01-14, 11:22 PM
Hmmm... what kind of poison-spewing monstrosity should I get as a familiar? Tiny Sea-Snake? Or should I take a feat to get something cooler?

Hat-Trick
2013-01-14, 11:54 PM
If you have feats to spend, the go for it.

Sjlver
2013-01-15, 12:18 AM
Theme Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwAd-UzSO0g)

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 12:21 AM
Sera's Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEwOjtBEaw)

Hat-Trick
2013-01-15, 12:24 AM
As cool as that song is, I'm not sure how relevant it is to our group. Though The Sassy Sisters I suppose could be Sera and Setsuna. But that leaves Silly Swingers for the rest of us. :/

EDIT: Oh, we're doing individual themes, nevermind. I already have one for Julien. :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 12:31 AM
As cool as that song is, I'm not sure how relevant it is to our group. Though The Sassy Sisters I suppose could be Sera and Setsuna. But that leaves Silly Swingers for the rest of us. :/

Yes, but aren't you a Silly Swinger? :smalltongue:

Hat-Trick
2013-01-15, 12:47 AM
Julien is feminine, but he's not a Swinger and hardly silly. Though I did have an idea for an NPC childhood friend crossdresser who would fit the bill a bit better. A comedic foil in comparison to the Silver Lark.

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 02:20 AM
Julien is feminine, but he's not a Swinger and hardly silly. Though I did have an idea for an NPC childhood friend crossdresser who would fit the bill a bit better. A comedic foil in comparison to the Silver Lark.

HMMMMM! Interesante.

Currently looking at Crossbow Sniper. I am thinking about using a Fierce Splitting Crossbow. Or something. I don't know how much damage I should be aiming for. I could do an awful lot.

Jib
2013-01-15, 09:49 AM
Putting a plug in because I am epic~

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 10:09 AM
Currently looking at Crossbow Sniper. I am thinking about using a Fierce Splitting Crossbow. Or something. I don't know how much damage I should be aiming for. I could do an awful lot.

Setsuna's average is just the standard (CL)d6. Although she'll be doing debuffing and control more. If you get Quick Loading on your crossbow, you don't have to manually reload. Most ranged weapon damage comes from volley attacks, so the lack of much damage per shot is made up by the sheer number of shots. You should be fine. Match it with the average damage outputs of everyone else if you feel it's too much. :smallwink:

Setsuna's theme. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRSIg1lHdqY)

Hat-Trick
2013-01-15, 10:28 AM
A way around DR is always good for ranged volley. I'm unfamiliar with the Fierce enchantment, what's that do?

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 11:14 AM
A way around DR is always good for ranged volley. I'm unfamiliar with the Fierce enchantment, what's that do?

Force would work for DR ignore. Also helps with incorporeals.

Fierce changes your Dex to AC into Dex to ranged weapon damage.

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 11:19 AM
Putting a plug in because I am epic~

I was actually going to have you picked up, but Doc_Pippin came back. Sorry. :smallfrown:

Setsuna's average is just the standard (CL)d6. Although she'll be doing debuffing and control more. If you get Quick Loading on your crossbow, you don't have to manually reload. Most ranged weapon damage comes from volley attacks, so the lack of much damage per shot is made up by the sheer number of shots. You should be fine. Match it with the average damage outputs of everyone else if you feel it's too much. :smallwink:

Setsuna's theme. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRSIg1lHdqY)

Well, I am also going to pack some poisons as well... hmm... ~70 is awfully low for this sort of volley shooting...

Me, I will stick to my Tou-Hoes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U) (hehe bad puns). This song only happens to fit Sera really well. Possible secondary them? You decide?
Fukkireta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqT0iFZifgw&lc=Nu00bibVFh1Ktw722d9-X7CXDrJ2pV9Ai3rfCp-eOXg) was a close, but so contrary to Sera I would not choose it.

I was looking at Sense Weakness from Draconomicon, but I was trying to figure out what else to do with the Combat Expertise feat.

Fierce if from the AE&G, and allows me to lower my Dex to AC in return for damage.

Force would be nice, but this xbow is getting really expensive. Also, I rpefer to have my character to have capability, not her items. If Splitting and Fierce we available in feat-form, I would have taken them.

Maybe I should do some swift hunting?

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 11:59 AM
Well, I am also going to pack some poisons as well... hmm... ~70 is awfully low for this sort of volley shooting...

Me, I will stick to my Tou-Hoes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U) (hehe bad puns). This song only happens to fit Sera really well. Possible secondary them? You decide?

Yay, poison! Although, I would expect Sera to do more damage than Setsuna. I specialize in more debuff than damage. Tch... can't access youtube at our school computers... secondary themes are fine, I guess. I should fine a 'happy' theme for Setsuna...

I was looking at Sense Weakness from Draconomicon, but I was trying to figure out what else to do with the Combat Expertise feat.

Fierce if from the AE&G, and allows me to lower my Dex to AC in return for damage.

Force would be nice, but this xbow is getting really expensive. Also, I rpefer to have my character to have capability, not her items. If Splitting and Fierce we available in feat-form, I would have taken them.

Maybe I should do some swift hunting?

Meh... I've never really used standard archers...

You could reverse-engineer the force magic part of this bow (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a), which comes out to ~14k. That gets you an effective +2 enchantment (Force) without having to pay for it as a +2, only as a flat cost.

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 12:18 PM
Yay, poison! Although, I would expect Sera to do more damage than Setsuna. I specialize in more debuff than damage. Tch... can't access youtube at our school computers... secondary themes are fine, I guess. I should fine a 'happy' theme for Setsuna...

Hah, school restrictions...

What am I saying? Campus keeps banning battlenet. :(

Meh... I've never really used standard archers...

You could reverse-engineer the force magic part of this bow (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a), which comes out to ~14k. That gets you an effective +2 enchantment (Force) without having to pay for it as a +2, only as a flat cost.

I do have quite a bit of experience building archers.

Sounds like a good idea. It has problems compared to Force, but also solves some issues. Force only fires Force arrows which means anti-force always works against it. The Energy Bow (which I knew about, was unsure if I should reverse engineer a weapon like that), cannot add the force type to my regular, poison-bearing arrows, but has other benefits.

Plus, Arrow power attack. Now, who wants to help me make this a legacy weapon? The rules are giving me an aneurysm, that's how awful they are.

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 12:33 PM
I do have quite a bit of experience building archers.

Sounds like a good idea. It has problems compared to Force, but also solves some issues. Force only fires Force arrows which means anti-force always works against it. The Energy Bow (which I knew about, was unsure if I should reverse engineer a weapon like that), cannot add the force type to my regular, poison-bearing arrows, but has other benefits.

Plus, Arrow power attack. Now, who wants to help me make this a legacy weapon? The rules are giving me an aneurysm, that's how awful they are.

Never used legacy weapons, don't have the book with me right now, but I did manage to find this handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19858386/Building_a_weapon_of_legacy,_for_dummies.). Enjoy! :smallbiggrin:

Also, what abilities do you want on it? I may be able to do something with it once I get access to my stuff.

In other news, Setsuna is now 2 years older, and has grown 1 inch and 2 lbs. :smallsmile:

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 12:41 PM
Never used legacy weapons, don't have the book with me right now, but I did manage to find this handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19858386/Building_a_weapon_of_legacy,_for_dummies.). Enjoy! :smallbiggrin:

Also, what abilities do you want on it? I may be able to do something with it once I get access to my stuff.

In other news, Setsuna is now 2 years older, and has grown 1 inch and 2 lbs. :smallsmile:

My main problem is how poorly worded the Enhancement bonuses. We ojnly get some small charts that tell me... absolutely nothing. I have no idea what those charts should mean. I'll take a look at the handbook, though.

+1 Splitting Fierce Crossbow. The Energy Bow traits would be nice.

Sera probably lost some weight. She's physically weaker than she was before. Btw, I would like something more interesting than what actually happened IC.

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 12:48 PM
My main problem is how poorly worded the Enhancement bonuses. We ojnly get some small charts that tell me... absolutely nothing. I have no idea what those charts should mean. I'll take a look at the handbook, though.

+1 Splitting Fierce Crossbow. The Energy Bow traits would be nice.

Sera probably lost some weight. She's physically weaker than she was before. Btw, I would like something more interesting than what actually happened IC.

Don't look at the charts for the items. Look at the "creating legacy weapons" part (unless, of course, those are said small charts. In which case you're on your own).

I'll write something up for Sera's leaving and Setsuna's subsequent search... :smallwink:

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 01:08 PM
Don't look at the charts for the items. Look at the "creating legacy weapons" part (unless, of course, those are said small charts. In which case you're on your own).

Yeah. Those are the charts.

It gives me the (current?) Enh Bonus on the weapon, and some numbers afterwards. The texts says to refer to the chart on how to increase the bonus. It's... I don't know how to put it. Could they not just say "Increase the Total Enh bonus on your weapon by 1"? Who wrote this thing? I understand Truenaming better!

I'll write something up for Sera's leaving and Setsuna's subsequent search... :smallwink:

Thanks. :smallsmile:

Jib
2013-01-15, 03:22 PM
No worries at all, Just wanted my name here if you needed a pitch hitter or some such, and I wanted to watch the story unfold a bit :D

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 04:19 PM
Yeah. Those are the charts.

It gives me the (current?) Enh Bonus on the weapon, and some numbers afterwards. The texts says to refer to the chart on how to increase the bonus. It's... I don't know how to put it. Could they not just say "Increase the Total Enh bonus on your weapon by 1"? Who wrote this thing? I understand Truenaming better!

I... think I understand the process. I could make one for you. Do you have any particular ideas of what you would like beyond a +1 Fierce Splitting Energy Bow? Theme, optimization level (:smallamused:), other special abilities, etc?

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 04:27 PM
Well, that stuff should cover all of the remaining slots, I think.

I think it being Splitting qualifies as high-op. Something with this set of traits will chop up a lot of things.

Well, I was thinking about calling it Heretic Snake Bite. Maybe sleeping with a snake?

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 04:38 PM
Well, that stuff should cover all of the remaining slots, I think.

I think it being Splitting qualifies as high-op. Something with this set of traits will chop up a lot of things.

I may put in a more few minor abilities. All depends on whether or not +6 (~8) worth of weapon enhancements fills all the slots.

Will Sera be the one to create the legacy, or will it be a previously existing item?

Well, I was thinking about calling it Heretic Snake Bite. Maybe sleeping with a snake?

... :smalleek: umm... what? Does this mean that Setsuna doesn't get to now? :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 04:50 PM
I may put in a more few minor abilities. All depends on whether or not +6 (~8) worth of weapon enhancements fills all the slots.

Will Sera be the one to create the legacy, or will it be a previously existing item?

That's what I thought before i read the chart. It seems to me the writers did not know what they were doing when they wrote this... I think I can figure this out if I read the ability chart again.

Hmm... I think we might be able to apply the Energy Bow effect (and you know how much I hate that) to it's starting effects. It will be more expensive (Legacy weapons have fixed costs otherwise, right?), but it should keep the fact that the abilities aren't given a way to available to a legacy weapon.

I don't know about making a legacy. What would she have done to do that?

... :smalleek: umm... what? Does this mean that Setsuna doesn't get to now? :smalltongue:

Really up to you. I miss the rat theme, just a little.

EDIT: Was there an option for making it an intelligent weapon? I was thinking the weapon could impose a Will penalty as one of it's drawback/penalty/(dammit what were those called again?), and it could whisper to Sera to be awful, etc.

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 05:04 PM
That's what I thought before i read the chart. It seems to me the writers did not know what they were doing when they wrote this... I think I can figure this out if I read the ability chart again.

Hmm... I think we might be able to apply the Energy Bow effect (and you know how much I hate that) to it's starting effects. It will be more expensive (Legacy weapons have fixed costs otherwise, right?), but it should keep the fact that the abilities aren't given a way to available to a legacy weapon.

I don't know about making a legacy. What would she have done to do that?

Don't read the chart. Read the text. :smallwink:

Legacy weapons can be a max of +1 on start. However, energy bow is not a + based magic, so it doesn't count toward that limit.

I was asking you. Seems like Sera has somehow acquired this weapon from somewhere...

Really up to you. I miss the rat theme, just a little.

I'll write up something vaguely snake-themed tomorrow.

EDIT: Was there an option for making it an intelligent weapon? I was thinking the weapon could impose a Will penalty as one of it's drawback/penalty/(dammit what were those called again?), and it could whisper to Sera to be awful, etc.

Yes there is. The term you're looking for is penalty. I'll see what I can do about the intelligence part. Also, Table 4-2 seems to fit the will save penalty part rather well. I do believe that is what I will be using.

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 05:19 PM
Don't read the chart. Read the text. :smallwink:

Legacy weapons can be a max of +1 on start. However, energy bow is not a + based magic, so it doesn't count toward that limit.

Well, looking through the ability charts, I think they were trying to tell us that you get the Enh bonus, per slot, and they you can move it into specific bonuses.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

I was asking you. Seems like Sera has somehow acquired this weapon from somewhere...

This is seeming more and more likely. Maybe she raided a temple for it?

Yes there is. The term you're looking for is penalty. I'll see what I can do about the intelligence part. Also, Table 4-2 seems to fit the will save penalty part rather well. I do believe that is what I will be using.

"Cost progressions"

4-2 looks about right.

Bad Apple again. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U)

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-15, 09:19 PM
So this is just kinda thrown out there as a general/GM topic, I am almost done but I need a little help. One of my Relics comes with a somewhat random variable, It comes with 2D4 Wizard Spells of EACH level from 6-9 so

[roll0] 6th Level Spells
[roll1] 7th Level Spells
[roll2] 8th Level Spells
[roll3] 9th Level Spells

For a total of 22 spells needed

But by RAI, I don't choose the spells... so I need someone to pick/randomly choose/ roll for (I don't know where too do so), please, so that I can finish the Character.

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 09:25 PM
So this is just kinda thrown out there as a general/GM topic, I am almost done but I need a little help. One of my Relics comes with a somewhat random variable, It comes with 2D4 Wizard Spells of EACH level from 6-9 so

[roll0] 6th Level Spells
[roll1] 7th Level Spells
[roll2] 8th Level Spells
[roll3] 9th Level Spells

For a total of 22 spells needed

But by RAI, I don't choose the spells... so I need someone to pick/randomly choose/ roll for (I don't know where too do so), please, so that I can finish the Character.

Hmm...

Get a list of spells. (Wiz/Sorc lists from PHB and SpC most likely)

Count them, label them. (Tell us how you numbered them. Ex: As they appeared in PhB, then as they appeared in SpC)

Roll in this thread.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-15, 10:26 PM
Could roll on the Scroll tables, rerolling anything that's not of the right level.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-15, 10:39 PM
Ok lets see

6th
[roll0] undeath to death
[roll1] bull's strength, mass
[roll2] Rerolling
[roll3] dispel magic, greater
[roll4] eagle's splendor, mass

7th
[roll5] teleport object
[roll6] control undead
[roll7] vision
[roll8] summon monster VII
[roll9] delayed blast fireball

8th
[roll10] dimensional lock
[roll11] irresistible dance
[roll12] protection from spells
[roll13] Reroll
[roll14] Antipathy
[roll15] scintillating pattern
[roll16] maze

9th
[roll17] teleportation circle
[roll18] hold monster, mass
[roll19] meteor swarm
[roll20] astral projection
[roll21] prismatic sphere

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 10:39 PM
Well, looking through the ability charts, I think they were trying to tell us that you get the Enh bonus, per slot, and they you can move it into specific bonuses.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

Yep. You can also trade in multiple smaller enhancements for a larger one (fierce and splitting for yours).

This is seeming more and more likely. Maybe she raided a temple for it?

Perhaps... The Heretic's Snake Bite. A weapon prized among the shadier churches as legend amongst snipers. A weapon held by the priestess of Lolth since she stole it from the high temple of Olidammara. Until one woman had the skill, daring, and sheer insanity to take it from her. That woman... is Seraciel. Yay, prelim background for the weapon! ^_^

"Cost progressions"

4-2 looks about right.

Bad Apple again. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U)

I'll be using that one then.

Rolling!Setsuna! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMDxKRx10mU)
NekomimiMagicalGirlSuperHappyCheerful!Setsuna! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mLlVhEMR3w)

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 10:45 PM
Yep. You can also trade in multiple smaller enhancements for a larger one (fierce and splitting for yours).

Perhaps... The Heretic's Snake Bite. A weapon prized among the shadier churches as legend amongst snipers. A weapon held by the priestess of Lolth since she stole it from the high temple of Olidammara. Until one woman had the skill, daring, and sheer insanity to take it from her. That woman... is Seraciel. Yay, prelim background for the weapon! ^_^

Dun dun dun!

Unfotunately I am on my iPod right. Won't try the links until done playing Sc2.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-15, 10:46 PM
6th
[roll0] Overwhelm
8th
[roll1] Celerity, Greater

Morcleon
2013-01-15, 10:49 PM
Dun dun dun!

Unfotunately I am on my iPod right. Won't try the links until done playing Sc2.

The first one is an actual song for Setsuna. The second one is... well, it's special. In a semi-good way. >.<

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-15, 10:52 PM
Ok lets see

6th
[roll0] undeath to death
[roll1] bull's strength, mass
[roll2] Overwhelm
[roll3] dispel magic, greater
[roll4] eagle's splendor, mass

7th
[roll5] teleport object
[roll6] control undead
[roll7] vision
[roll8] summon monster VII
[roll9] delayed blast fireball

8th
[roll10] dimensional lock
[roll11] irresistible dance
[roll12] protection from spells
[roll13] Greater Celerity
[roll14] Antipathy
[roll15] scintillating pattern
[roll16] maze

9th
[roll17] teleportation circle
[roll18] hold monster, mass
[roll19] meteor swarm
[roll20] astral projection
[roll21] prismatic sphere

Ok so the final array ((Did PHB scroll roll then percentage in PHB 2))

Snowbluff
2013-01-15, 11:28 PM
The first one is an actual song for Setsuna. The second one is... well, it's special. In a semi-good way. >.<

Nice, but I wish I had the lyrics for this one. Digging time! Should I use Bad Apple or U.N. Owen Killed Who?

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 12:01 AM
Nice, but I wish I had the lyrics for this one. Digging time! Should I use Bad Apple or U.N. Owen Killed Who?

This is the first. (http://www.animelyrics.com/doujin/vocaloid/rooringaaru.htm) I can't find an english version of the second (only french and german... -.-).

Bad Apple. :smallsmile:

Sjlver
2013-01-16, 12:07 AM
So in accordance with my accomplices request that I be my character from Dark Sous, I was curious what you guys thought about me being a tumble junky, and then from there, I would also like to know if I can make my own Dark Wood Grain Ring which would just be a ring that increases tumble.

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 12:09 AM
This is the first. (http://www.animelyrics.com/doujin/vocaloid/rooringaaru.htm) I can't find an english version of the second (only french and german... -.-).

Bad Apple. :smallsmile:

Okay, cool. Good song for our little Shadowcaster.

Bad Apple it is!

So in accordance with my accomplices request that I be my character from Dark Sous, I was curious what you guys thought about me being a tumble junky, and then from there, I would also like to know if I can make my own Dark Wood Grain Ring which would just be a ring that increases tumble.

I think it would be hilarious. It would be funny if you ninha-cartwheeled everywhere, just like in the game.

As for my character, time to do my feats. I am going Wizard3/MasterAbjurer5/AbjChamp5/LegacyChamp5//Rogue3/Fighter2/Incarnate10/(Spellwarped LA). I guess I could do some work on the progression order to get full CL, thanks to Abjchamp, but with's going to be awful looking.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 12:30 AM
Okay, cool. Good song for our little Shadowcaster.

Bad Apple it is!

Hm, shame it isn't a peach, though... :smalltongue:

I think it would be hilarious. It would be funny if you ninha-cartwheeled everywhere, just like in the game.

As for my character, time to do my feats. I am going Wizard3/MasterAbjurer5/AbjChamp5/LegacyChamp5//Rogue3/Fighter2/Incarnate10/(Spellwarped LA). I guess I could do some work on the progression order to get full CL, thanks to Abjchamp, but with's going to be awful looking.

That would be extremely amusing and awesome. Sjlver, do a barrel roll! :smallbiggrin:

I've got Beguiler 18//Monk 1/Sorcerer 4/Mindbender 1/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Loremaster 7. My beguiler CL is 20, and my sorcerer CL is 19... that discrepancy annoys me. :smallannoyed:

...is eschew materials worth it (seeing as I'm picking up Ignore Material Components at Lv 21), or should I switch it out for practiced spellcaster, and have room to get 3 more non-casting class levels after I finish my sorcerer spell progression?

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 12:37 AM
Hm, shame it isn't a peach, though... :smalltongue:

How would I peach that. Should I just scream it?

I've got Beguiler 18//Monk 1/Sorcerer 4/Mindbender 1/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Loremaster 7. My beguiler CL is 20, and my sorcerer CL is 19... that discrepancy annoys me. :smallannoyed:

...is eschew materials worth it (seeing as I'm picking up Ignore Material Components at Lv 21), or should I switch it out for practiced spellcaster, and have room to get 3 more non-casting class levels after I finish my sorcerer spell progression?

Yeah, that could be rather annoying. :smalltongue:

Do your shadow spells share the components of the original spells? In tht case, I would take it.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 12:42 AM
How would I peach that. Should I just scream it?

Sure, go ahead. :smallbiggrin: Hawaa...? *isConfused*

Yeah, that could be rather annoying. :smalltongue:

Do your shadow spells share the components of the original spells? In tht case, I would take it.

By a literal RAW reading, the components are whatever the illusion spell has as components. This literal meaning also allows me to do things like spam major creation and forcecage as standard actions as long as I have spells left... :smalleek:

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 12:49 AM
Sure, go ahead. :smallbiggrin: Hawaa...? *isConfused*

Me: PEACH!
Sjlver: What? Why?

By a literal RAW reading, the components are whatever the illusion spell has as components. This literal meaning also allows me to do things like spam major creation and forcecage as standard actions as long as I have spells left... :smalleek:

Messed up stuff.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 12:55 AM
Me: PEACH!
Sjlver: What? Why?

Heh... peaches. *nom nom nom* :smallamused:

Messed up stuff.

Indeed... I won't do it 'cept for fluff things (like creating magical clothes for Setsuna and the like) and Drastic Situations.

white rider
2013-01-16, 06:48 AM
Ah, major creation- I remember killing a dragon with that spell, one of animate objects, and a bucket of meat. Good times, good times.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 07:58 AM
Ah so without further delay, I present Kaballa Talador, The God Chaser (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=498983)

I still need to pop his backstory and description in but its all written down around here somewhere. The basics of it describe him not as an overly pious man, but one who desires nothing more than to understand the gods and their power. He 'worships' almost all major deities pulling a little knowledge, truth, and power from each, (From Adapted Sovereign Speaker) Over his long life he has earned the title God Chaser due to his insatiable lust for the beacons of Divine power, Primarily the Relic's left to the world by the God's. His secret goal is to one day unlock the power of the deities, without needing worship, to become a "True" god, but for the time being he continues to hunt for clues in the Relics and artifacts of the world.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 05:02 PM
Heretic's Snake Bite

Flavor forthcoming!

{table=head]Level|Attack Penalty|Will Save Penalty|HP Loss|Abilities
5th||||
6th|-1|||Intelligent Legacy Item (Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16)
7th||-1|2|
8th|||2|
9th||-2||Acid Arrow at-will
10th|||2|+1 Distance Energy Bow
11th||||
12th|-2|||Cunning
13th||||+1 Distance Seeking Energy Bow
14th|||2|
15th||-3||+1 Distance Seeking Collision Energy Bow
16th|||2|
17th||||+1 Distance Seeking Collision Splitting Energy Bow
18th|-3|||
19th||||
20th||-4||Wizardry IV
[/table]

What say you senpai? Any changes you would like?

I'm still working on Sera's exile scene... It's focused much more on the actual leaving than the search...

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 05:11 PM
Heretic's Snake Bite

Flavor forthcoming!

{table=head]Level|Attack Penalty|Will Save Penalty|HP Loss|Abilities
5th||||
6th|-1|||Intelligent Legacy Item (Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16)
7th||-1|2|
8th|||2|
9th||-2||Acid Arrow at-will
10th|||2|+2 Energy Bow
11th||||
12th|-2|||Cunning
13th||||+3 Energy Bow
14th|||2|
15th||-3||+3 Fierce Energy Bow
16th|||2|
17th||||+3 Fierce Splitting Energy Bow
18th|-3|||
19th||||
20th||-4||Wizardry IV
[/table]

What say you senpai? Any changes you would like?

I'm still working on Sera's exile scene... It's focused much more on the actual leaving than the search...

Cool, but it does not need to be +3, does it? I have GMW, everybody. :smalltongue:

Nice. I am going to finish Phobos in the meantime. I am really like how he is turning out. I hope I can find a place to use him if I don't get into Toliudar's campaign.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 05:17 PM
Cool, but it does not need to be +3, does it? I have GMW, everybody. :smalltongue:

Nice. I am going to finish Phobos in the meantime. I am really like how he is turning out. I hope I can find a place to use him if I don't get into Toliudar's campaign.

+3 is less powerful than say, +1 distance seeking. Which due to your comments, have been added in place of +3. :smallbiggrin:

Is there really anything I should add to Kotori? I think she's pretty much done. I could do some more flavortext for the ship...

white rider
2013-01-16, 05:17 PM
The IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14540588#post14540588) has arrived!
Edit: No need to post quite yet, but feel free to get your bearings.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 05:23 PM
Likewise I can help with Divine Power and GMW. Let the buffers help you slaughter.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-16, 05:49 PM
Well hell if there are going to be two people with GMW anyway, I should drop it for another spell.

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 05:54 PM
Sounds like an idea.

Doc_Pimpin, how many Prayer Beads of Karma will you be packing? I think I might go with 2.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 06:00 PM
Sounds like an idea.

Doc_Pimpin, how many Prayer Beads of Karma will you be packing? I think I might go with 2.

Wait, aren't beads of karma for divine spells only...? Is Sera a divine caster now? :smallconfused:

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 06:04 PM
Wait, aren't beads of karma for divine spells only...? Is Sera a divine caster now? :smallconfused:

You can fake divine casting with UMD. The bead does not specify what kind of CL it increases past that point.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 06:04 PM
I don't have any currently just the Ankh, the Tome, and the Ioun stone. for a total of +7... Perhaps I should get prayer beads... but what to lose...

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 06:05 PM
I don't have any currently just the Ankh, the Tome, and the Ioun stone. for a total of +7... Perhaps I should get prayer beads... but what to lose...

Which ankh and tome are those?

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 06:12 PM
MIC has the Ankh of Ascension which is strictly for Divine and then the Tome of the Stilled Tongue a relic forces you to lose 2 con forever but it rases your CL by 2.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 06:17 PM
You can fake divine casting with UMD. The bead does not specify what kind of CL it increases past that point.

...I am doing that now. :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 06:17 PM
MIC has the Ankh of Ascension which is strictly for Divine and then the Tome of the Stilled Tongue a relic forces you to lose 2 con forever but it rases your CL by 2.

Weird. I thought the Ankh wasn't included there. :smalltongue:

...I am doing that now. :smallbiggrin:

I would say it's only helpful for buffs. The ones you know. All 3 of them.

Re: Heretic's Snake Bite. I think Collision would be a nice addition. Maybe replace Fierce? Also, what's the base weapon type?

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 06:30 PM
So I don't Know if the GM would mind but anyone willing to worship Vecna and blow a feat can use my Tome for a week. Because it specifically says

This thick manuscript has a learherbound cover with a gory decoration: a desiccated tongue nailed to the front of the book (belonging to a former cleric of Vecna who couldn't keep her order's secrets). Five copies are known to exist. A tome of the stilled tongue contains instructions for creating a lich's phylactery and 2d4 wizard spells of each level 6th through 9th. It also contains 500 blank spell pages that function as those in Boccob's blessed book.

The tome of the stilled tongue also contains directions for eldritch mental exercises designed to strengthen one's spellcasting.

Anyone who reads this section of the tome, which takes a total of 48 hours over a minimum of six days, increases his effective caster level by 2 for purposes of determining level-dependent spell variables (such as damage or range) and for caster level checks. However, the exercises are mystically strenuous, permanently reducing the reader's Constitution score by 2.To use this relic, you must worship Vecna and either sacrifice a 7th-level divine spell slot or have the True Believer feat and at least 13 HD.

So it doesn't have a limit on the number of people who could utilize it.

EDIT: Ya Page 71 Mic its not as nice at the 3.0 from MoF as you can't UMD it as it requires the loss of a divine spell slot now AND specifies it only effects Divine spells, but a +4 CL is nice

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 06:33 PM
So I don't Know if the GM would mind but anyone willing to worship Vecna and blow a feat can use my Tome for a week. Because it specifically says

This thick manuscript has a learherbound cover with a gory decoration: a desiccated tongue nailed to the front of the book (belonging to a former cleric of Vecna who couldn't keep her order's secrets). Five copies are known to exist. A tome of the stilled tongue contains instructions for creating a lich's phylactery and 2d4 wizard spells of each level 6th through 9th. It also contains 500 blank spell pages that function as those in Boccob's blessed book.

The tome of the stilled tongue also contains directions for eldritch mental exercises designed to strengthen one's spellcasting.

Anyone who reads this section of the tome, which takes a total of 48 hours over a minimum of six days, increases his effective caster level by 2 for purposes of determining level-dependent spell variables (such as damage or range) and for caster level checks. However, the exercises are mystically strenuous, permanently reducing the reader's Constitution score by 2.To use this relic, you must worship Vecna and either sacrifice a 7th-level divine spell slot or have the True Believer feat and at least 13 HD.

So it doesn't have a limit on the number of people who could utilize it.

Um... maybe. Can we retrain the feat afterwards? :smalltongue:

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 06:37 PM
From what I know yes,

as long as you continue to follow Vecna and don't try to wish your Con back, my GMs have allowed the retraining of the feat, but thats up to White Rider. Its one of the many "Ask your GM" moments that happen in a game with so many options.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 06:51 PM
I would say it's only helpful for buffs. The ones you know. All 3 of them.

Re: Heretic's Snake Bite. I think Collision would be a nice addition. Maybe replace Fierce? Also, what's the base weapon type?

Ehm... uh... oh shut up... *pout*

Re: HSB. Collision added, Fierce replaced. Base weapon is a +1 energy bow (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a), cost 14600 gp.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-16, 06:52 PM
So here's a question for White Rider, if I take Nondetection as a spell, will it interfere with any True Seeing we come against? It specifies that it impedes "divination spells such as clairaudience/clairvoyance, locate object, and detect spells. Nondetection also prevents location by such magic items as crystal balls..." Your call?

Sjlver
2013-01-16, 07:04 PM
I have a question that involves the IC Thread which is that are we all standing on the precipice as a group, another is do we know eachother or were we all just drawn the precipice and found the others there.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 07:09 PM
I have a question that involves the IC Thread which is that are we all standing on the precipice as a group, another is do we know eachother or were we all just drawn the precipice and found the others there.

Setsuna and Sera know each other. Someone else could apply for the place of Setsuna's father figure who taught her stuff and then disappeared during her youth. Other than that, we could link backstories.

Sjlver
2013-01-16, 07:12 PM
Setsuna and Sera know each other. Someone else could apply for the place of Setsuna's father figure who taught her stuff and then disappeared during her youth. Other than that, we could link backstories.

Cool cool, so we are all on the precipice together, drawn by an unseen force. I would be alright with something simple like we ran into eachother on out journeys if you don't want to complicate back stories too much because I know you guys have an intricate one and it may or may not be, but definitely is hard to modify those to include another person who also wants something out of his backstory :P

oh and btdubs, I'm changing my name to something alittle more gallant soon.

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 07:12 PM

I think that would be funny if Rix was her father-figure. It wouldn't make any sense, though. I'd imagine Dark Souls characters are rather messed up in the head.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 07:14 PM
Kaballa would make a wonderful teacher/mentor hes older than most, is REALLY smart, all high knowledges, and has access to the Scrolls of Uncertain Provenance, the Tome of the Stilled Tongue, the Tome of Ancient Lore (And therefore ALL SPELLS that exist!!!), and various other learning tools. Even with not being an Arcane caster he can teach arcane spells through his books

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 07:18 PM
Cool cool, so we are all on the precipice together, drawn by an unseen force. I would be alright with something simple like we ran into eachother on out journeys if you don't want to complicate back stories too much because I know you guys have an intricate one and it may or may not be, but definitely is hard to modify those to include another person who also wants something out of his backstory :P

oh and btdubs, I'm changing my name to something alittle more gallant soon.

The part where Sera and Setsuna becomes SeraxSetsu is relatively late in our lives. You can tie yourself into Setsuna's story at an earlier stage. This also has the wonderful benefit of giving Sera even MOAR stuff to RP in the area of angst and jealousy. :smallbiggrin:

I think that would be funny if Rix was her father-figure. It wouldn't make any sense, though. I'd imagine Dark Souls characters are rather messed up in the head.

...Setsuna is rather messed up in the head. You think she started that way? :smalltongue:

Kaballa would make a wonderful teacher/mentor hes older than most, is REALLY smart, all high knowledges, and has access to the Scrolls of Uncertain Provenance, the Tome of the Stilled Tongue, the Tome of Ancient Lore (And therefore ALL SPELLS that exist!!!), and various other learning tools. Even with not being an Arcane caster he can teach arcane spells through his books

Ah, the "old master" mentor archetype. Could be interesting. Also ties into Setsuna's Loremaster levels.

Sjlver
2013-01-16, 07:32 PM
I am willing to work with you on some interesting backstory but it shall be known that Rix (new name pending) is no father for he is only 23 and would of had kids at a very young age.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 07:39 PM
I am willing to work with you on some interesting backstory but it shall be known that Rix (new name pending) is no father for he is only 23 and would of had kids at a very young age.

Hm. Setsuna is only 22, so the father figure position wouldn't work. Perhaps Rix could be Setsuna's childhood friend (with all of the connotations (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChildhoodFriendRomance) it (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PatientChildhoodLoveInterest) implies (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChildhoodFriends). :smallamused:)

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 07:44 PM
The part where Sera and Setsuna becomes SeraxSetsu is relatively late in our lives. You can tie yourself into Setsuna's story at an earlier stage. This also has the wonderful benefit of giving Sera even MOAR stuff to RP in the area of angst and jealousy. :smallbiggrin:

...Setsuna is rather messed up in the head. You think she started that way? :smalltongue:
Sera totally needs more to hate. She's actually going to be a little more evil this time around. Heretic's Snake Bite's influence is evident, and she hasn't had he darling shadowcaster keeping her in line.

She was supposed to be a little bit of a hypocrite in the first place. :smalltongue:

Ah, the "old master" mentor archetype. Could be interesting. Also ties into Setsuna's Loremaster levels.

Yeah, it would be.

Doc_Pippin, where are you getting 1D8+4D6+38? I got the 1d8 (longbow), 2 of the 4d6 (Raptor omnibane), and 31 of the raw damage (10 str, 5 know devotion, 7 enhancement, 9 War Devotion). Just wondering, I played a Cleric Archer once.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 08:00 PM
Sera totally needs more to hate. She's actually going to be a little more evil this time around. Heretic's Snake Bite's influence is evident, and she hasn't had he darling shadowcaster keeping her in line.

She was supposed to be a little bit of a hypocrite in the first place. :smalltongue:

More evil? It has been two years, after all, since they last met. Combine it with the sudden reappearance of her childhood friend, this should make Setsuna very conflicted about her feelings. Wonderful. :smallamused::smallwink:

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 08:03 PM
More evil? It has been two years, after all, since they last met. Combine it with the sudden reappearance of her childhood friend, this should make Setsuna very conflicted about her feelings. Wonderful. :smallamused::smallwink:

Yeah, it's weird isn't it? My characters end up more and more compelling. Regardless, we'll actually have time for character development here! WOOOOOO~!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 08:05 PM
Frost+Crystal of enegy assault for +2d6 Cold damage

the raw damage should be (+10 str +5 know devotion +9 Holy Warrior +9 Enhancement (GMW+ Relic 4 ((Not including the +1 Raptor arrow)))= 33 (+1PBS) the rest was from buffs and Items I don't have anymore I just forgot to change it (Surge of fortune+2 and War Gauntlets +3)

I bought the Complete Divine BotWM it costs alot more but it is a +4 Frost, Drow bane rather then a +1

Mic is roughly 8000 IIRC for an effective +3 which is worth 18,000 w/out the auto adjust to strength so you saved a net 10k but...

the CD version costs 36300 for an effecive +6 which is worth 72,000 w/out the auto adjust to strength so you saved

35700 Gp with the addition of the nifty auto-adjust

Also an additional 3d6 damage can be acquired for all of us through from dark knowledge

And through Hunter's Eye +8D6 or +9D6 sneak attack against things that are vulnerable to such attacks

And if things get FAR to dire for our liking Hunter's Mercy auto crit, and Arrow swarm to mass smack

Kaballa CAN hit hard if he needs to but its limited and costs a bit

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 08:12 PM
Yeah, it's weird isn't it? My characters end up more and more compelling. Regardless, we'll actually have time for character development here! WOOOOOO~!

I don't think there's ever been a time where I haven't become attached to a character I've built and developed a significant backstory for.

*doesCharacterDevelopmentDance*
<('.')>
(>'.')>
<('.'<)
<(^.^)>

white rider
2013-01-16, 08:18 PM
I don't think there's ever been a time where I haven't become attached to a character I've built and developed a significant backstory for.

Ah, so it will be especially fun for me when I kill her!
[/evil]
But yeah, once I get down to making a background, I really like the character.
Edit: can everyone either PM me their full background or stick it in the other notes section of their sheet?

Hat-Trick
2013-01-16, 08:23 PM
Already got mine in the Notes section of my sheet.

Also, ruling on the Nondetection interfering with True Seeing?

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 08:24 PM
Dance party!http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/ArmsAreLoud/tumblr_lwrle3gelL1r3mhiro1_400.gif

Frost+Crystal of enegy assault for +2d6 Cold damage

the raw damage should be (+10 str +5 know devotion +9 Holy Warrior +9 Enhancement (GMW+ Relic 4 ((Not including the +1 Raptor arrow)))= 33 (+1PBS) the rest was from buffs and Items I don't have anymore I just forgot to change it (Surge of fortune+2 and War Gauntlets +3)

I bought the Complete Divine BotWM it costs alot more but it is a +4 Frost, Drow bane rather then a +1

Mic is roughly 8000 IIRC for an effective +3 which is worth 18,000 w/out the auto adjust to strength so you saved a net 10k but...

the CD version costs 36300 for an effecive +6 which is worth 72,000 w/out the auto adjust to strength so you saved

35700 Gp with the addition of the nifty auto-adjust

Keep in mind the +4 Enhancement bonus for the Bow of Wintermoon does not stack with GMW. GMW (+5) does stack with the +2 bonus from the Raptor Arrows' Bane property.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 08:26 PM
Ah, so it will be especially fun for me when I kill her!
[/evil]
But yeah, once I get down to making a background, I really like the character.

Hauauauauauauau... *isScared* *clings to senpai* :smalleek: *decides to invest in contingent true rez* :smallwink:

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 08:28 PM
Ok so before I set my Story would anyone like a very pragmatic, logical, and ...ah.... elven tutor/teacher/master ect... It wouldn't cause me any trouble to do so and if Sir. White Rider has no problem with it you could learn the secrets from my 2 AWESOME Tomes Arcane spells from the Tome of Ancient Lore and a nifty if painful(-2 con) +2 CL boost from Tome of the Stilled Tongue?

Any takers, its no trouble

Dance party!http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/ArmsAreLoud/tumblr_lwrle3gelL1r3mhiro1_400.gif

Keep in mind the +4 Enhancement bonus for the Bow of Wintermoon does not stack with GMW. GMW (+5) does stack with the +2 bonus from the Raptor Arrows' Bane property.

AHHH I see said the blind man as he reached into his tool box grabbed his hammer, and SAW!!! I had a fealing you were right im thinking of moving the GMW to the sword then, cause +4 & +5 doesn't really change much.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 08:35 PM
Ok so before I set my Story would anyone like a very pragmatic, logical, and ...ah.... elven tutor/teacher/master ect... It wouldn't cause me any trouble to do so and if Sir. White Rider has no problem with it you could learn the secrets from my 2 AWESOME Tomes Arcane spells from the Tome of Ancient Lore and a nifty if painful(-2 con) +2 CL boost from Tome of the Stilled Tongue?

Any takers, its no trouble

Setsuna could be your apprentice. I've written in a fear of abandonment, so you kinda sorta need to disappear after backstory stuff and come back at the start of the IC thread. :smalltongue:

Hat-Trick
2013-01-16, 08:49 PM

AHA! A fellow homestuck! Good to see I'm not the only one in the game.

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 09:03 PM
@Pippin Glad to be of service.

Hauauauauauauau... *isScared* *clings to senpai*
"Setsuna-Chan, you are doing that thing with your arms again." :(Contingent Revivify.

AHA! A fellow homestuck! Good to see I'm not the only one in the game.

Vriska is best troll. Hell, Scorpios like me are just better than everyone. :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 09:12 PM
"Setsuna-Chan, you are doing that thing with your arms again." :(Contingent Revivify.

"Hmm? What thing...?" *innocent smile* *continues clinging* Or contingent true rez for teh death effects...

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 09:21 PM
"Hmm? What thing...?" *innocent smile* *continues clinging* Or contingent true rez for teh death effects...

*Hyperventilating* >///< Okay, as long as you can stop dat level loss!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-16, 09:31 PM
Setsuna could be your apprentice. I've written in a fear of abandonment, so you kinda sorta need to disappear after backstory stuff and come back at the start of the IC thread. :smalltongue:

That would be no problem at all, Kaballa is a wanderer by nature, constantly searching for new Relics or knowledge that would lead him to his ultimate goal.

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 09:54 PM
I just realized Sera's sudden disappearance and return are going to make things very awkward.

Sjlver
2013-01-16, 10:40 PM
Indeed I could be the childhood friend with all the possible implications and it will be very interesting to write into my backstory of which I still have to hash out and finish because I have been too busy with hw to do much besides read, analyze poems, and read some more.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 11:01 PM
*Hyperventilating* >///< Okay, as long as you can stop dat level loss!

"Senpai... what's wrong...? Do you have a fever? *cliche'd anime fever checking technique!*

That would be no problem at all, Kaballa is a wanderer by nature, constantly searching for new Relics or knowledge that would lead him to his ultimate goal.

Sweet. I'll get something written tomorrow. (Actually, I'll probably be finishing a lot of Setsuna's fluff tomorrow.)

I just realized Sera's sudden disappearance and return are going to make things very awkward.

Yes, yes they will. And when you add in the above and below, it will get even more awkward. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/mwahaha.gif

Indeed I could be the childhood friend with all the possible implications and it will be very interesting to write into my backstory of which I still have to hash out and finish because I have been too busy with hw to do much besides read, analyze poems, and read some more.

Hai, hai, don't rush it. Quality is worth a day or two of wait. I've got a bunch of calc and stuff and the lack of sleep. -.-

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 11:09 PM
"Senpai... what's wrong...? Do you have a fever? *cliche'd anime fever checking technique!*

Well, she's red and hot alright. "N-no! Don't be ridiculous!" >//<

Sweet. I'll get something written tomorrow. (Actually, I'll probably be finishing a lot of Setsuna's fluff tomorrow.)

Yes, yes they will. And when you add in the above and below, it will get even more awkward. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/mwahaha.gif

Hai, hai, don't rush it. Quality is worth a day or two of wait. I've got a bunch of calc and stuff and the lack of sleep. -.-

Jesus Quincy Hitler, I don't got anything going on. I could help you write some of this stuff.

Either way, I would like to know what you have so far.

Sjlver
2013-01-16, 11:10 PM
I know not to rush, my stories are generally created in the way that I hurry through a rough draft before writer's block hits me like a wall but because I have something done, I can work on it despite the writer's block and over time, things get taken out and put in and I have an awesome story in the end.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 11:12 PM
Well, she's red and hot alright. "N-no! Don't be ridiculous!" >//<

"Hm... but you're red... and hot... really hot." *pokes face* *doesn't get the implications* >.>

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 11:19 PM
"Hm... but you're red... and hot... really hot." *pokes face* *doesn't get the implications* >.>

Sera is a bottle of sexual frustration and unbridled disgust. That doesn't keep her from treating her friends alright. "I-I guess you are right." Though any sort of color in her face makes her look red. She's rather pale.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-16, 11:37 PM
Last minute feat change, realized I didn't need Vatic Gaze, the Ghost Sight ability from Ghost Faced Killer does what I wanted it to do, so I replaced it with Darkstalker, which should help me in the stealth department.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 11:38 PM
Sera is a bottle of sexual frustration and unbridled disgust. That doesn't keep her from treating her friends alright. "I-I guess you are right." Though any sort of color in her face makes her look red. She's rather pale.

Setsuna is a bottle (teapot?) of well-mixed innocence, flirtatiousness and possessiveness. "Mhmm! Now lay down and let me take care of you! Nipah~!"

Last minute feat change, realized I didn't need Vatic Gaze, the Ghost Sight ability from Ghost Faced Killer does what I wanted it to do, so I replaced it with Darkstalker, which should help me in the stealth department.

Nice catch. Darkstalker is a fun feat. :smallamused:

Snowbluff
2013-01-16, 11:54 PM
Setsuna is a bottle (teapot?) of well-mixed innocence, flirtatiousness and possessiveness. "Mhmm! Now lay down and let me take care of you! Nipah~!"

If anime taught us anything, it's that clingy = cute. "H-hai..." Common slang! She lays down.

Nice catch. Darkstalker is a fun feat. :smallamused:

I like it. Never had to use it, but i like it.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 12:04 AM
If anime taught us anything, it's that clingy = cute. "H-hai..." Common slang! She lays down.

Setsuna gets a damp, clean towel and places it on Sera's head. Then, she takes a certain fruit out of her bag with a smile. "Would you like a peach, senpai?"

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 12:10 AM
Setsuna gets a damp, clean towel and places it on Sera's head. Then, she takes a certain fruit out of her bag with a smile. "Would you like a peach, senpai?"

Sera nods her head. She is wondering how long she can stand lying down, though. There are things to be done! Not that she would interrupt her friend's doting...

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-17, 12:11 AM
... Are you guys aware that Hai means yes or ok in Japanese?... just wondering

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 12:13 AM
... Are you guys aware that Hai means yes or ok in Japanese?... just wondering

Yes, we are. I use japanese as 'slang in Common' that she picked up from Setsuna-chan.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-17, 12:18 AM
ああ大丈夫。このゲームは開始されたときにどんな考えを持っていますか?

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 12:22 AM
Sera nods her head. She is wondering how long she can stand lying down, though. There are things to be done! Not that she would interrupt her friend's doting...

"Wonderful!" Setsuna slices the peach into slices (what else? :smalltongue:) and plops down onto the bed beside Sera. "Open up~!"

As soon as everyone has sheets/backstory complete, I would assume... I don't actually speak/read japanese... :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 12:37 AM

Oh, right. I should finish Sera. :smalltongue: I know a few words, but kanji and hiragana are beyond me.

"Wonderful!" Setsuna slices the peach into slices (what else? :smalltongue:) and plops down onto the bed beside Sera. "Open up~!"

Sera opens her mouth, happily accepting the peach. They always tased sweeter when the shadowcaster gave them to her. "At least this time you're wearing something..."

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-17, 12:47 AM
! 私達は私達の物語を完了するために懸命に働く必要があります。!

Dramatic, Colorful, overly loud japanese Commersial voice!!!!

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 12:49 AM

Dramatic, Colorful, overly loud japanese Commersial voice!!!!

I'll get on that, then. My levels are worked out, Iam jus trying to figureo ut how many feats I want to put into archery, and where to place my skill points.

You liking Okinawa? I know a marine who was station there. He enjoyed it.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-17, 12:53 AM
I'll get on that, then. My levels are worked out, Iam jus trying to figureo ut how many feats I want to put into archery, and where to place my skill points.

You liking Okinawa? I know a marine who was station there. He enjoyed it.

It's ok but they have really clamped down and restricted the service members, to the degree of insanity...

I am a Doctor. A practicing Physician of the US Navy, but I am not allowed to purchase alcohol or stay out past 11 O'clock. :smallfurious: Insanity!!! They treat the service members like children.

Do you know what base he was on or when he was here? I have worked on four of the Marine bases Camp Courtney, Camp Hansen, Camp Schwab, and briefly on Camp Kinser, and I have been here for almost three years, I might have known him.

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 01:05 AM
It's ok but they have really clamped down and restricted the service members, to the degree of insanity...

I am a Doctor. A practicing Physician of the US Navy, but I am not allowed to purchase alcohol or stay out past 11 O'clock. :smallfurious: Insanity!!! They treat the service members like children.

Do you know what base he was on or when he was here? I have worked on four of the Marine bases Camp Courtney, Camp Hansen, Camp Schwab, and briefly on Camp Kinser, and I have been here for almost three years, I might have known him.

Yeah, that sucks.

Can't say I know where. I'll ask him if I get a chance. :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 01:15 AM
Sera opens her mouth, happily accepting the peach. They always tased sweeter when the shadowcaster gave them to her. "At least this time you're wearing something..."

Said shadowcaster grins and feeds Sera another. "Does it really matter? Half the time I'm not even really wearing actual clothes..."

@Doc_Pippin: You have my sympathy and respect for being able to endure that. :smallsmile:

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 01:17 AM
Said shadowcaster grins and feeds Sera another. "Does it really matter? Half the time I'm not even really wearing actual clothes..."

Sera nearly coughs up the peach in her mouth. She was a aware of this fact, but Setsuna pointing it out like that was a little too much. "A-are you actually wearing clothes?"

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 09:44 AM
Sera nearly coughs up the peach in her mouth. She was a aware of this fact, but Setsuna pointing it out like that was a little too much. "A-are you actually wearing clothes?"

Setsuna just smiles enigmatically and giggles. "Oh, I don't know... would you care to find out?"

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 09:52 AM
Setsuna just smiles enigmatically and giggles. "Oh, I don't know... would you care to find out?"

Her mouth says "No." but her face says yes.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 10:14 AM
Her mouth says "No." but her face says yes.

She grins and crawls up so that her face is next to Sera's. "Oh really? Are you suuure you don't want to?" *wink*

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 10:51 AM
She grins and crawls up so that her face is next to Sera's. "Oh really? Are you suuure you don't want to?" *wink*

"N-No?" Sera seems rather confused and frightened.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 11:01 AM
"N-No?" Sera seems rather confused and frightened.

Setsuna grins. "So you're not sure that you don't want to? Which means that you are sure that you want to, right?" She takes one corner of her ribbon and begins to rub slowly at it, and the "cloth" begins slowly dissolving into wisps of shadow under her touch.

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 11:12 AM
Setsuna grins. "So you're not sure that you don't want to? Which means that you are sure that you want to, right?" She takes one corner of her ribbon and begins to rub slowly at it, and the "cloth" begins slowly dissolving into wisps of shadow under her touch.

"Yes?" Double negatives. Sera's one weakness. That is, if you don't count insanity, fear of being touched, arrogance, agoraphobia, arachnophobia, kleptomania, skin sensitive to sunlight, bullets, be hit with weapons...

Hat-Trick
2013-01-17, 11:18 AM
... And apparently flirtatious Kouhai...

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 11:45 AM
... And apparently flirtatious Kouhai...

It's not a bug weakness it's a feature benefit!

Hat-Trick
2013-01-17, 11:55 AM
Admittedly, it's hard to call it a bad thing, as long as Yan doesn't precede her Dere...

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 12:04 PM
Admittedly, it's hard to call it a bad thing, as long as Yan doesn't precede her Dere...

I don't know what you are talking about. I like to save the best for last. This bad on too many levels.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 12:47 PM
"Yes?" Double negatives. Sera's one weakness. That is, if you don't count insanity, fear of being touched, arrogance, agoraphobia, arachnophobia, kleptomania, skin sensitive to sunlight, bullets, be hit with weapons...

"Wonderful," chimes Setsuna with an excited grin. Her clothing continues to dissolve into shadowy ribbons and she leans in closer to Sera. *giggle*

...it might occasionally. :smalltongue: Although with the introduction of her childhood friend and father-figure, it's more likely that Sera will be the one doing the yan. :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 12:57 PM
"Wonderful," chimes Setsuna with an excited grin. Her clothing continues to dissolve into shadowy ribbons and she leans in closer to Sera. *giggle*

*whimper* Sera curls up into a fetal position. She isn't used to so much close attention, and when she does it's usually bad.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 01:17 PM
*whimper* Sera curls up into a fetal position. She isn't used to so much close attention, and when she does it's usually bad.

"Uuu..." Setsuna gives Sera a confuzzled look. She doesn't understand that Sera doesn't like attention. She just thinks that something's wrong. "Senpai...? Something wrong?" She places a comforting hand on Sera's shoulder.

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 01:24 PM
"Uuu..." Setsuna gives Sera a confuzzled look. She doesn't understand that Sera doesn't like attention. She just thinks that something's wrong. "Senpai...? Something wrong?" She places a comforting hand on Sera's shoulder.

"Ha Ha Ha." This is probably the worst facsimile of laughter in the world. "O-of course nothing is wrong!" She didn't want to worry Setsuna anymore than she already has.

white rider
2013-01-17, 03:30 PM

This one would like to remind you that not everyone here speaks japanese- aber Deutch ist total OK, et lingua latina est optimus.
01000010-01101001-01101110-01100001-01110010-01111001-00100000-01101001-01110011-00100000- 01100001-01101100-01110011-01101111-00100000-01100001-01101100-01110010-01101001-01100111- 01101000-01110100-00101100-00100000-01100010-01110101-01110100-00100000-01101001-01110100- 00100000-01110100-01100001-01101011-01100101-01110011-00100000-01110101-01110000-00100000- 01100110-01100001-01110010-00100000-01110100-01101111-01101111-00100000-01101101-01110101- 01100011-01101000-00100000-01110011-01110000-01100001-01100011-01100101

"Hey, knock it off, you two!"
casts summon cold shower

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 03:39 PM
This one would like to remind you that not everyone here speaks japanese- aber Deutch ist total OK, et lingua latina est optimus.
01000010-01101001-01101110-01100001-01110010-01111001-00100000-01101001-01110011-00100000- 01100001-01101100-01110011-01101111-00100000-01100001-01101100-01110010-01101001-01100111- 01101000-01110100-00101100-00100000-01100010-01110101-01110100-00100000-01101001-01110100- 00100000-01110100-01100001-01101011-01100101-01110011-00100000-01110101-01110000-00100000- 01100110-01100001-01110010-00100000-01110100-01101111-01101111-00100000-01101101-01110101- 01100011-01101000-00100000-01110011-01110000-01100001-01100011-01100101

I don't speak Japanese or German or binary. I just happen to have google translate on hand. :smalltongue:

"Ha Ha Ha." This is probably the worst facsimile of laughter in the world. "O-of course nothing is wrong!" She didn't want to worry Setsuna anymore than she already has.

"Hey, knock it off, you two!"
casts summon cold shower

Setsuna beams at her senpai. "Okay! If you say s- OH **** THAT'S COLD!" The pair gets hit by a burst of cold water from out of nowhere. The little shadowcaster's quasi-real clothing is drenched from the deluge, and she begins shivering uncontrollably.

white rider
2013-01-17, 04:00 PM
I don't speak Japanese or German or binary. I just happen to have google translate on hand. :smalltongue:

Some of that was latin, too :smallbiggrin:

Setsuna beams at her senpai. "Okay! If you say s- OH **** THAT'S COLD!" The pair gets hit by a burst of cold water from out of nowhere. The little shadowcaster's quasi-real clothing is drenched from the deluge, and she begins shivering uncontrollably.

:smallamused:

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 04:09 PM
Some of that was latin, too :smallbiggrin:

Hm. So it is...

:smallamused:

Hauu... :smallannoyed::smallfrown:

Hat-Trick
2013-01-17, 04:09 PM
Hello Whit Rider. Still waiting on that call about if Nondetection would interfere with True Seeing, since I'm considering replacing GMW for it, since everyone seems to be able to cast it already.

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 04:21 PM

*Woman in wet white clothing glomp!*

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 04:28 PM
*Woman in wet white clothing glomp!*

*return hug* *shiver* *blush* Nipah~!

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 04:36 PM
*return hug* *shiver* *blush* Nipah~!

Niow kiiss. :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 04:49 PM
Niow kiiss. :smalltongue:

...hawaa...? *blush* *hesitate...* Setsuna leans forward and kisses Sera! Chuu~!

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 04:52 PM
...hawaa...? *blush* *hesitate...* Setsuna leans forward and kisses Sera! Chuu~!

WTTFBBQOMG! Sera flips out!

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-17, 04:57 PM
Has someone been dipping into the tome of Blue Magic the Legendary art of Nymphomancy (Nymphology?)!!!! I cast POWER WORD ORGA...... OH GEEZE!!!! Spell backfire.....

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 05:04 PM
WTTFBBQOMG! Sera flips out!

"Hmm...? Was I not good? Should I do it again?" *chuu~!*

Has someone been dipping into the tome of Blue Magic the Legendary art of Nymphomancy (Nymphology?)!!!! I cast POWER WORD ORGA...... OH GEEZE!!!! Spell backfire.....

It would be nymphomancy. "ology" indicates "the study of", rather than "the magic of". :smallwink:

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 05:04 PM

Need new pants!

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 05:06 PM
"Hmm...? Was I not good? Should I do it again?" *chuu~!*

Yeah probably.

It would be nymphomancy. "ology" indicates "the study of", rather than "the magic of". :smallwink:

Yep.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 05:11 PM
Yeah probably.

Yay! ^_^ Setsuna embraces Sera and gives her another more enthusiastic and passionate kiss! Chuu~!!

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 05:25 PM
Yay! ^_^ Setsuna embraces Sera and gives her another more enthusiastic and passionate kiss! Chuu~!!

Sera is both as happy as she has ever been, and very scared. Either way, she returns the kiss.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 05:38 PM
Sera is both as happy as she has ever been, and very scared. Either way, she returns the kiss.

*happiness obtained!*

~GOOD END~

Setsuna gives off a radiant smile and a (figurative) glow. "Senpai~!!" ^_^

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 05:40 PM
*happiness obtained!*

~GOOD END~

Setsuna gives off a radiant smile and a (figurative) glow. "Senpai~!!" ^_^

0_0 "I need a cold shower..."

white rider
2013-01-17, 05:52 PM
Hello Whit Rider. Still waiting on that call about if Nondetection would interfere with True Seeing, since I'm considering replacing GMW for it, since everyone seems to be able to cast it already.

Sorry, your post sorta got drowned out in the sea of les yay. Nondetection blocks true seeing. Honestly, we need more counters to true seeing- one spell that renders an entire school of magic obsolete is kinda... mean.

Casts cold shower again.
"Honestly, stop it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUvYu2R8Po&t=0m56s)"

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-17, 06:00 PM
Irony is the ACTUAL book of Blue magic is labelled Nymphology and for those who never read it (and wouldn't be offended) it can be found on RPGNOW.com I holds my favorite spell of all time. BARDIC HIDING! The spell isn't all that useful its just so damn funny!

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 06:02 PM
Sorry, your post sorta got drowned out in the sea of les yay. Nondetection blocks true seeing. Honestly, we need more counters to true seeing- one spell that renders an entire school of magic obsolete is kinda... mean.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is sequester. If nondetection blocks true seeing (if they fail the CL check), then does mind blank do that as well?

0_0 "I need a cold shower..."

Casts cold shower again.
"Honestly, stop it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUvYu2R8Po&t=0m56s)"

"...well, there's your cold shower. Hauu..." *shivers* Hai, hai... -.- :smalltongue:

Hat-Trick
2013-01-17, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Rider, gonna get that swapped out for GMW then.

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 06:53 PM
Thanks, Rider, gonna get that swapped out for GMW then.

Hat Trick, more dedicated casts than you can help you with that spell. :smalltongue:

Still trying to figure out why everyone things Sera is a lesbian.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-17, 07:01 PM
I'm geting rid of GMW for Nondetection since there are enough people who can cast GMW, unless you're telling me to keep it?

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 07:03 PM
I'm geting rid of GMW for Nondetection since there are enough people who can cast GMW, unless you're telling me to keep it?

I can cast that, too. You'll have Mindblank from me as well..

What other spells are options.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-17, 07:30 PM
Phantom Steed, and things with Saves, which I'm trying to avoid.

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 07:31 PM

Phantom Steed. :l

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 10:19 PM
Still trying to figure out why everyone things Sera is a lesbian.

Because Setsuna does? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Phantom Steed is a fun spell. :smallsmile:

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 10:22 PM
Because Setsuna does? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

I thought she did. Something about all this flirting? At the very least she isn't messing with Sera, right? Sera wouldn't have anything between her and a revenge rampage if that were the case.:smalltongue:

Sjlver
2013-01-17, 10:25 PM
Hm. Setsuna is only 22, so the father figure position wouldn't work. Perhaps Rix could be Setsuna's childhood friend (with all of the connotations (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChildhoodFriendRomance) it (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PatientChildhoodLoveInterest) implies (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChildhoodFriends). :smallamused:)

So Rix (new name pending) has a crush on your character.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 10:41 PM
I thought she did. Something about all this flirting? At the very least she isn't messing with Sera, right? Sera wouldn't have anything between her and a revenge rampage if that were the case.:smalltongue:

Of course she isn't just messing with Sera. Setsuna is quite serious about this. She also realizes that Sera needs someone to lean on and that she can be that person.

So Rix (new name pending) has a crush on your character.

This will make for some amazing conflict and RP. If you play things well enough, Setsuna may even begin to (*gasp*) fall for him. *dramatic silence*

Sjlver
2013-01-17, 10:47 PM
This will make for some amazing conflict and RP. If you play things well enough, Setsuna may even begin to (*gasp*) fall for him. *dramatic silence*

XD yes that would be a cool RP plot point and I was thinking that they were separated somewhere in their early years because Rix (new name pending) wanted to find the people that destroyed his home but the craziest part would be that he has changed his name to Ray Ashcroft however, Setsuna can still see her childhood friend even through the years and new alias.

Morcleon
2013-01-17, 10:56 PM
XD yes that would be a cool RP plot point and I was thinking that they were separated somewhere in their early years because Rix (new name pending) wanted to find the people that destroyed his home but the craziest part would be that he has changed his name to Ray Ashcroft however, Setsuna can still see her childhood friend even through the years and new alias.

Well at least it isn't Sean Ashcroft... :smalltongue:

That works. Setsuna would have let him go do that, but then perhaps he succeeded, but got lost/captured? And then Setsuna goes off to find him at the same moment that he returns.

...she is now very conflicted about who to glomp first. Her senpai, or her long-lost childhood friend. :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2013-01-17, 10:58 PM
I am no way to be held accountable to Ray's safety.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 12:49 AM
I am no way to be held accountable to Ray's safety.

This is... unsettling. Somewhat expected, but unsettling nonetheless... :smalleek::smalltongue:

Oh, another thing. The names Akira and Mato from Setsuna's semi-backstory/confession thing in her shrine should be changed to Kabala and Rix, respectively, seeing as the positions have been taken up by actual people. :smallsmile:

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 12:52 AM
This is... unsettling. Somewhat expected, but unsettling nonetheless... :smalleek::smalltongue:

Oh, another thing. The names Akira and Mato from Setsuna's semi-backstory/confession thing in her shrine should be changed to Kabala and Rix, respectively, seeing as the positions have been taken up by actual people. :smallsmile:

Yep.

I liked Mato and Akira. Mato made me think of Batousai from GitS. :smalltongue:
We really should put everything together in some sort of Sera+Setsuna bible, so we have some continuity.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 01:03 AM
Yep.

I liked Mato and Akira. Mato made me think of Batousai from GitS. :smalltongue:
We really should put everything together in some sort of Sera+Setsuna bible, so we have some continuity.

I actually recycled Sonozaki Akira from one of my other games and directly stole Mato from BRS. :smalltongue:

Thou shalt respect the nipah, for it is good! :smallbiggrin: Yes, a Sera+Setsuna compendium would be quite awesome.

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 01:09 AM
Mato from BRS. :smalltongue:

I have no idea why that names makes me think of GitS before Black Rock Shooter. :smalltongue:

Thou shalt respect the nipah, for it is good! :smallbiggrin: Yes, a Sera+Setsuna compendium would be quite awesome.

The nipah speaker is the devil... but she loves you anyway.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 01:12 AM
I have no idea why that names makes me think of GitS before Black Rock Shooter. :smalltongue:

Because Mato sounds kinda sorta like Battousai, and you really don't hear her name spoken in BRS all that much? :smalltongue:

The nipah speaker is the devil... but she loves you anyway.

*emphatic nod* Nipah!

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 01:19 AM
Because Mato sounds kinda sorta like Battousai, and you really don't hear her name spoken in BRS all that much? :smalltongue:

I think the last time I interacted with either universe was SFdebris's review of GitS.

*emphatic nod* Nipah!

Quincy Hitler! She does exist! *faint*

Stuff
-Sera's village was destroyed when she was young.
-She was abused for sometime afterwards before being abandoned.
-No living person knows her first name... except for, maybe, her attackers.
-She is very sickly.
-Was taken care of by clerics after being rescued/found, during her teenage years.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 01:31 AM
I think the last time I interacted with either universe was SFdebris's review of GitS.

I found an Abridged Rock Shooter thing on youtube. It's not particularly funny, but it's got some decent parts in it.

Quincy Hitler! She does exist! *faint*

Stuff
-Sera's village was destroyed when she was young.
-She was abused for sometime afterwards before being abandoned.
-No living person knows her first name... except for, maybe, her attackers.
-She is very sickly.
-Was taken care of by clerics after being rescued/found, during her teenage years.

Wait, Seraciel is her family name? I always thought it was the other way around. Does she herself know?

Stuff
-Setsuna's first memory is of a beautiful being giving her her name and magic.
-She lived alone on the streets for a while.
-She met and lost a childhood friend, who has the other half of the ribbon tied upon her chest, and a father figure, who raised her and taught her to use her magic properly.
-She has a habit of wearing shadowcrafted clothes.
-She has a magical growth disorder that keeps her looking like a young teen, despite being in her early 20s.

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 01:38 AM
I found an Abridged Rock Shooter thing on youtube. It's not particularly funny, but it's got some decent parts in it.

If it's that unremarkable, I'll avoid it. :smalltongue:

Wait, Seraciel is her family name? I always thought it was the other way around. Does she herself know?
Yes it's her family name, and you should probably talk about this IC.

Stuff
-Setsuna's first memory is of a beautiful being giving her her name and magic.
-She lived alone on the streets for a while.
-She met and lost a childhood friend, who has the other half of the ribbon tied upon her chest, and a father figure, who raised her and taught her to use her magic properly.
-She has a habit of wearing shadowcrafted clothes.
-She has a magical growth disorder that keeps her looking like a young teen, despite being in her early 20s.

Lol, magic disorder.

Stuff
-Speaking of which, the spells and other stuff that happened during her captivity caused her to go insane. It also generally change her whole. (Spellwarped template)
-Sera would like revenge.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 08:56 AM
Yes it's her family name, and you should probably talk about this IC.

Hm, interesting. Would Setsuna have known this?

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 09:25 AM
Hm, interesting. Would Setsuna have known this?

She might've noticed Sera only has 1 name.

EDIT: I'll be finishing Sera right now.

EDIT2: Chaos Incarnates have the singular honor of being straight up worse than evil Incarnates.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 03:52 PM
She might've noticed Sera only has 1 name.

EDIT: I'll be finishing Sera right now.

EDIT2: Chaos Incarnates have the singular honor of being straight up worse than evil Incarnates.

She'll ask about that IC then.

Sera is pretty much done. I just need to get all my backstory stuff written down.

Yes, yes they are. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 04:29 PM
Sera is pretty much done. I just need to get all my backstory stuff written down.

What? Why are you writing my character? (lol jk)

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 04:33 PM
What? Why are you writing my character? (lol jk)

Because I'm awesome! Because your typo habit is infectious. :smalltongue: pflubaoifbiopghewuifghp rawr fail. -.-

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 04:38 PM
Because I'm awesome! Because your typo habit is infectious. :smalltongue: pflubaoifbiopghewuifghp rawr fail. -.-

I intend to inflect everyother with it. :smallsmile:

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 04:46 PM
I intend to inflect everyother with it. :smallsmile:

Gah, stop doing that on purpose! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 04:52 PM
Gah, stop doing that on purpose! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Stop doing who on porpoise? best puns evar1!!

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 04:55 PM
Stop doing who on porpoise? best puns evar1!!

You're doing what to who on a porpoise?! :smalleek:

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 05:18 PM
You're doing what to who on a porpoise?! :smalleek:

Well, Setsuna, when a viciously evil wizard and a small girl in her early teens really hate each other...

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 06:07 PM
Well, Setsuna, when a viciously evil wizard and a small girl in her early teens really hate each other...

*blink blink* You're telling me that hate equals sex? So... yandere?

I see you got an actual avatar avatar of Phobos. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 06:11 PM
*blink blink* You're telling me that hate equals sex? So... yandere?

No no no, little Ms. Setsuna. Firstly, there is not actual hate in yandere. Just jealously. I am talking about something far worse. The one thing that brought about the insidious mind of what we call Seraciel to this world. *cue dramatic music, opening titles, etc.*

I see you got an actual avatar avatar of Phobos. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Yes, I am been brought to this world.

Hat-Trick
2013-01-18, 06:31 PM

...Kismesis? Oh god...

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 06:33 PM
No no no, little Ms. Setsuna. Firstly, there is not actual hate in yandere. Just jealously. I am talking about something far worse. The one thing that brought about the insidious mind of what we call Seraciel to this world. *cue dramatic music, opening titles, etc.*

Hmm... didn't senpai become what she was because she was abused as a child?

Yes, I am been brought to this world.

Sweet. Now I need to bring myself into this world too! (once that lazy bastard Morcleon gets to learning inkscape... -.-)lol... :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 06:36 PM
...Kismesis? Oh god...

Beforus trolls don't exist here. :smalltongue:

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 07:03 PM
Beforus trolls don't exist here. :smalltongue:

Also, Setsuna doesn't hate Sera. And definitely not to that extent. :smalltongue:

white rider
2013-01-18, 07:06 PM
Yeesh, people. Do we need another cold shower?

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 07:08 PM
Hmm... didn't senpai become what she was because she was abused as a child?
Yes, indeed! The Dark Sign brands the undead. In the land of Larimus far ago and long away, she learned what it was like to hate. Never has a more vengeful and powerful creature has been born. The depths of her insanity are only matched by the inanity of her machinations. All because she was there when the evil caster came 'round.

Sweet. Now I need to bring myself into this world too! (once that lazy bastard Morcleon gets to learning inkscape... -.-)lol... :smalltongue:
"Isn't he busy with stuff..."
Shut up, Phobos.

Also, Setsuna doesn't hate Sera. And definitely not to that extent. :smalltongue:

Not that any of those statements were referring to Setsuna.

Yeesh, people. Do we need another cold shower?
Do not stifle my creativity! I am giving backstory!:smalltongue::smallsmile:

white rider
2013-01-18, 07:23 PM
Do not stifle my creativity! I am giving backstory!:smalltongue::smallsmile:

Consider yourself unstifled. But I can still break out the chastity belt...:smallamused:

Also, isn't that the second time you've changed your avatar in... this week?

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 07:31 PM
Consider yourself unstifled. But I can still break out the chastity belt...:smallamused:
Go ahead. I am not a lesbian.

Also, isn't that the second time you've changed your avatar in... this week?
The last one I put up as a joke. I have only had 3 official avatars since I joined GitP, and the other 2 had to be dishonorably discharged.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 07:57 PM
Yes, indeed! The Dark Sign brands the undead. In the land of Larimus far ago and long away, she learned what it was like to hate. Never has a more vengeful and powerful creature has been born. The depths of her insanity are only matched by the inanity of her machinations. All because she was there when the evil caster came 'round.

Hauu... it's senpai as a child. She's so cute~! And the lesson is "don't be there when the evil caster is", right?

So how did she cope with it? What happened after she went evil?

"Isn't he busy with stuff..."
Shut up, Phobos.

"Yeah, what is is this 'stuff' you speak of?" :smalltongue:

Go ahead. I am not a lesbian.

*tugs on sleeve* Ehm... senpai? what's a 'lesbian'? *innocent smile*

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 08:59 PM
Hauu... it's senpai as a child. She's so cute~! And the lesson is "don't be there when the evil caster is", right?

So how did she cope with it? What happened after she went evil?

Lesson? If only we were so lucky. As for coping... she didn't cope at all. IF anything, how she felt and what she did only drove her further into the abyss in her mind. Eventually, she was found by some clerics. They took care of her until she was able to live by her own. It was tough, but eventually she was able to strike out on her own. She traveled the world, learning the secrets of the Art of Abjuration. Eventually, she met a a young shadowcaster who gave her the one thing her life had lost so long ago.

"Yeah, what is is this 'stuff' you speak of?" :smalltongue:Never you mind. Now, your BBcode reads emerald, but it's clearly pink.

*tugs on sleeve* Ehm... senpai? what's a 'lesbian'? *innocent smile* "Hmm..."
Sera gives her thoughtful face. "It's like lilies, Furude." She smiles.

EDIT: I am seriously considering dropping Incarnate. Do you guys have any idea for an alternative?

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 10:45 PM
Lesson? If only we were so lucky. As for coping... she didn't cope at all. IF anything, how she felt and what she did only drove her further into the abyss in her mind. Eventually, she was found by some clerics. They took care of her until she was able to live by her own. It was tough, but eventually she was able to strike out on her own. She traveled the world, learning the secrets of the Art of Abjuration. Eventually, she met a a young shadowcaster who gave her the one thing her life had lost so long ago.

That... that young shadowcaster is me, isn't it? What did I give her? What did she lose?

Never you mind. Now, your BBcode reads emerald, but it's clearly pink.

Some time ago, I discovered that if you type in random words in the parameters for color, then different things happen, regardless of the actual word. For example...

Blargh
Wheee
Nipah

"Hmm..."
Sera gives her thoughtful face. "It's like lilies, Furude." She smiles.

"Hmm... lilies, you say...? Lilies... ...yuri?" *click* *blush* *giggle*

EDIT: I am seriously considering dropping Incarnate. Do you guys have any idea for an alternative?

Factotum?

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 10:55 PM
That... that young shadowcaster is me, isn't it? What did I give her? What did she lose?
Oh what a clever girl. *ruffles Setsuna's hair* It was you in fact. The one thing lost when her family died was love. Yes, love is a hard thing to get around without. Seraciel's austere behavior wasn't doing her any favors. Until you cared for her.

[QUOTE]
Some time ago, I discovered that if you type in random words in the parameters for color, then different things happen, regardless of the actual word. For example...

Blargh
Wheee
Nipah

I've notice this actually. I think it was put in to allow for alternate spelling, like gray and grey.

"Hmm... lilies, you say...? Lilies... ...yuri?" *click* *blush* *giggle*
"Setsuna-san, you are doing the giggling thing again."

Factotum?
I guess I could. It would let me hemorrhage skill points again, and I could get Int to do something.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 11:09 PM
Oh what a clever girl. *ruffles Setsuna's hair* It was you in fact. The one thing lost when her family died was love. Yes, love is a hard thing to get around without. Seraciel's austere behavior wasn't doing her any favors. Until you cared for her.

*smiles* But, if I gave her all of my love, why did she still leave? That memory still stays with me, even two years after. How she just decided to leave, without giving me prior notice. I tried to stop her, but she just said that she needed some time alone. Without me... *sniffle*

I've notice this actually. I think it was put in to allow for alternate spelling, like gray and grey.

Well, considering that most of the code is expected to be clicked on rather than manually inputted, that seems a bit unlikely. Interesting theory, though.

"Setsuna-san, you are doing the giggling thing again."

"Yes, yes I am. Nipah~!"

I guess I could. It would let me hemorrhage skill points again, and I could get Int to do something.

You could also take warblade. It would give a better HD, Fort save and maneuvers/stances.

Snowbluff
2013-01-18, 11:54 PM
*smiles* But, if I gave her all of my love, why did she still leave? That memory still stays with me, even two years after. How she just decided to leave, without giving me prior notice. I tried to stop her, but she just said that she needed some time alone. Without me... *sniffle*There, there, child. *Pats Setsuna on the head* This was only so much you could do. Maybe you could have gotten her to stay if you had acted faster. If someone had gotten to her before she made up her mind. Whatever it is she was doing, I am sure she was thinking of you.

Well, considering that most of the code is expected to be clicked on rather than manually inputted, that seems a bit unlikely. Interesting theory, though.Yep.

"Yes, yes I am. Nipah~!"

*Sigh* "Well, Setsuna-san will be Setsuna-san, right?"

You could also take warblade. It would give a better HD, Fort save and maneuvers/stances.
Negative. Warblade isn't very good for ranged fighters. It wasn't amde with bows in mind. IIRC, they don't even have the proficiency. :smalltongue:

Hat-Trick
2013-01-19, 12:02 AM
Yeah, if it can't be used in melee without improvised weapon penalties, the Warblade isn't proficient. They don't get very many maneuvers that can work with range either. The only one I can think of is Time Stand Still (yay 2xFullAttack).

Snowbluff
2013-01-19, 12:09 AM
Yeah, if it can't be used in melee without improvised weapon penalties, the Warblade isn't proficient. They don't get very many maneuvers that can work with range either. The only one I can think of is Time Stand Still (yay 2xFullAttack).

Yeah, I already have Splitting, and Manyshot can get me more shot with Cunning Surge. If I want to abuse it. I don't really want to.

EDIT: I just realized this build got a lot more complicated.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-19, 02:56 AM
Would it be un-nice to let you shoot my raptor arrows

white rider
2013-01-19, 07:57 AM
Ooh, you should get a bow of the solars (BoED). Shoots a DC 21 slaying arrow attuned to whatever you like. Of course, it'll take something like a 1 to fail that save, but with your eight attacks per round or whatever...

Snowbluff
2013-01-19, 08:30 AM
Hmm... that's pretty cool. Expensive , though.

Would it be un-nice to let you shoot my raptor arrows

Considering the nature of my attacks, and the fact that I like to use poison, I think you can hold onto them. Thanks for the offer. Energy bow don't have a string for the arrow to return to, anyway.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-19, 09:56 AM
... I was referring to the infinite creation loop of Splitting and unbreakable Relic arrows.... I.E target practice gives us +1000 Raptor Arrows costing 6006 GP each...

Snowbluff
2013-01-19, 10:04 AM
... I was referring to the infinite creation loop of Splitting and unbreakable Relic arrows.... I.E target practice gives us +1000 Raptor Arrows costing 6006 GP each...

Oh, right. My first cleric archer did this. We always joked he had a pile of the pointless arrows sitting at his feet at the end of each fight. :smallbiggrin:

Well... let me apply some logic. If I had infinite raptor arrows, I wouldn't have to worry about applying poisons/drugs/ravages to individual arrows. Sounds nice, but I would have to blow a feat to even use the damn things. Looks like you have to lose a 4th level slot per arrow, otherwise.

Morcleon
2013-01-19, 10:57 AM
There, there, child. *Pats Setsuna on the head* This was only so much you could do. Maybe you could have gotten her to stay if you had acted faster. If someone had gotten to her before she made up her mind. Whatever it is she was doing, I am sure she was thinking of you.

I hope so... Do you know what she did after she left? What about where she is now?

*Sigh* "Well, Setsuna-san will be Setsuna-san, right?"

"Mhmm!" *pout* "Whatever happened to -kun or -chan...?"

Negative. Warblade isn't very good for ranged fighters. It wasn't amde with bows in mind. IIRC, they don't even have the proficiency. :smalltongue:

You're going full-on ranged without any melee this time? Then forget about warblade. Factotum! :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2013-01-19, 11:51 AM
I hope so... Do you know what she did after she left? What about where she is now?
*laughter* Hehehe. *catches breath* Now, that would be telling, wouldn't it? We all know what happens to people who divulge her secrets.

"Mhmm!" *pout* "Whatever happened to -kun or -chan...?""Don't be so childish. You are all grown up now. You have no need for childish monikers, do you?"

You're going full-on ranged without any melee this time? Then forget about warblade. Factotum! :smallbiggrin:
HUA!

Morcleon
2013-01-19, 12:12 PM
*laughter* Hehehe. *catches breath* Now, that would be telling, wouldn't it? We all know what happens to people who divulge her secrets.

Fine, fine. I'll just ask her myself. She wouldn't refuse me that, would she?

"Don't be so childish. You are all grown up now. You have no need for childish monikers, do you?"

*sigh* "I guess not. But it would still be nice for you to call me that..."

Snowbluff
2013-01-19, 12:40 PM
Fine, fine. I'll just ask her myself. She wouldn't refuse me that, would she? I do not know.

*sigh* "I guess not. But it would still be nice for you to call me that..."

"Fine." She leans in to whisper into the shadowcaster. "Se. Tsu. Na. -chan~."

Sjlver
2013-01-19, 12:48 PM
So I find myself in the difficult position of tweaking my character because some of my class features (Incarnate) are obsolete and I was thinking about dropping them for a race with LA and I was thinking about Doppelganger but I don't like the fact that they are creepy aliens so I was thinking that the gypsies I come from are all able to change their shape due to their unique relationship with the world and magic, I wanted some input before I do/fluff this.

white rider
2013-01-19, 01:48 PM
So I find myself in the difficult position of tweaking my character because some of my class features (Incarnate) are obsolete and I was thinking about dropping them for a race with LA and I was thinking about Doppelganger but I don't like the fact that they are creepy aliens so I was thinking that the gypsies I come from are all able to change their shape due to their unique relationship with the world and magic, I wanted some input before I do/fluff this.

Refluffing is almost always OK, and in this instance it would be. You could also put on a template or two- I'm sure morcy or snowy could recommend something, and I have a complete list of all templates stored somewhere.

Snowbluff
2013-01-19, 02:13 PM
Refluffing is almost always OK, and in this instance it would be. You could also put on a template or two- I'm sure morcy
AHAHAHHAAHHA! Now everyone is calling him that.

snowy
Snowy-B is acceptable.
You monster!

Morcleon
2013-01-19, 02:15 PM
"Fine." She leans in to whisper into the shadowcaster. "Se. Tsu. Na. -chan~."

*beams* *is happy* "Sera-chan~!"

BTW, doppleganger is LA 4, RHD 4, so you'll have to drop a level of something else somewhere, seeing as you've only got Incarnate 7.

AHAHAHHAAHHA! Now everyone is calling him that.

Snowy-B is acceptable.
You monster!

*snerk* :smallamused: