PDA

View Full Version : LF Lawful good, demon worshipper

Gokken
2013-01-14, 05:59 PM
Hey guys

we are starting a campaign which i which would be rather long, and I got a great idea for roleplaying a character.

the party so far is a paladin, and a lawful good very religious cleric! and a neutral good rogue.

this is mainly a fun build, but if we can get it awesome aswell all the better.

the stats are fairly high i am very lucky i believe 18/17/18/16/15/15

The idea
so I was thinking of making a sorcerer, him being chaotic good, and he should consort with demons and other vile things to later become a malcon woker. his whole point being, I would rather make the deals with the demons and try and fight them than some poor sob getting caught in between.

also an angle, him beeing a sorcerer he did not choose these powers, he did not wan't to encounter these demons! but rather him than someone els.

are there any other classes that can add this "fluff" to the table? somekind of good necromancer?

also havent really made a sorcerer before any thoughts?

Vaz
2013-01-14, 06:25 PM
A Good does good's work for the sake of being good. The opposite for evil. They will not deal with Evil/good outside of greater evil/good occuring lest they do not join with the lesser. A neutral character will not have any compunction ether way.

As for dealing with Demons (CE), your allies may have something to say/hit repeatedly. I believe you can use BoED to convert to goodness. AFB at the moment.

Zanthy1
2013-01-14, 06:28 PM
Sorcerers are good for blasting, since they get so many spells per day, however they gain a smaller range of spells to choose from. So choose carefully, spells that you would cast only once in a battle may not be the best choice, unless you have enough other spells of that level to cover the remaining area.

As for feats, look at the heritage feats, and eschew materials. Heritage would help explain why you have so much connection to demons. (Maybe your father or mother was evil, but you were raised by good people) Eschew materials is just a good feat so you can cast spells without needing material components (under a certain cost, which I do not know off hand) But is just helpful overall lol.

JaronK
2013-01-14, 06:32 PM
A fun use for the "use evil for good" concept is to control some undead creature (Animate Dread Warrior would work as a Sorcerer) with a Wisdom of 19 (Animate Dead on a Cleric?), then spell stitch the creature with Extract Gift. Now use Planar Binding to pull in various demons and steal their power permanently to boost the stats of you and your allies.

The demons gain nothing from this, and good people get serious benefits, but it uses demons and undead to get the job done so it seems evil.

JaronK

Zanthy1
2013-01-14, 06:39 PM
A fun use for the "use evil for good" concept is to control some undead creature (Animate Dread Warrior would work as a Sorcerer) with a Wisdom of 19 (Animate Dead on a Cleric?), then spell stitch the creature with Extract Gift. Now use Planar Binding to pull in various demons and steal their power permanently to boost the stats of you and your allies.

The demons gain nothing from this, and good people get serious benefits, but it uses demons and undead to get the job done so it seems evil.

JaronK

What happens to the demon who get their powers stolen? do they die? cause if so, then that would actually be considered Good, which would make that idea perfect!

On a side note Jaronk, what book are those spells in? I really want to do that lol

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-14, 06:42 PM
Be a Paladin of Pelor (the Burning Hate).

What? Somebody had to say it.

Gokken
2013-01-14, 06:43 PM
I like your idea Jaronk, it was thoughts like that I was going for.

how would one do that with feats and such?

I was also thinking of a LN necromancer

the backstory, about him loosing his loved one or family and going to rather extreme lengths to get them back.

trying to preserve something that is lost, is not really that evil of a thing

Gokken
2013-01-14, 06:44 PM
Be a Paladin of Pelor (the Burning Hate).

What? Somebody had to say it.

could you specify i am not sure what you mean?

JaronK
2013-01-14, 06:46 PM
What happens to the demon who get their powers stolen? do they die? cause if so, then that would actually be considered Good, which would make that idea perfect!

On a side note Jaronk, what book are those spells in? I really want to do that lol

Nothing happens to the demon, because you don't actually steal anything from them. You sort of... channel the power of the abyss through them and into you. You as a caster could chose to give them some control over you, but you can also chose not to do that. Also note that you could kill them afterwords if you wanted to... nothing about the spell requires them to live through it. You could even kill them and reanimate them as undead (though Sorcerers lack a good way to control such undead, so that might not work so much).

It's in Fiendish Codex 1. And you have to get it as a spell like ability for it to be worthwhile (otherwise it costs too much). Spell stitching an undead creature (Complete Arcane has the rules on that) is generally the best way to do this.

JaronK