PDA

View Full Version : Warshaper RAI

Qc Storm
2013-01-14, 06:36 PM
More precisely, Morphic Weapons. What is the intended ruling of this ability? How long does it last?

Is it meant as a choice (Grow one extra weapon, or power up one you already have), or some sort of ridiculous boost (Power up all existing natural attacks and add one on top.)

I somehow doubt it was meant to spawn 10000000 tentacles and star in your average adult anime.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-01-14, 07:34 PM
I'm quite sure RAI was that you could use it once at a time (to boost damage or grow a weapon), and if you try to use it again, the previous morphic weapon goes away. It's certainly a saner reading.

And I enjoyed playing it that way w/ my Warshaper. I could fluff the old morphic weapon as falling off or being shed like a snake does its skin, as it falls to the ground a withered shadow of its former shape. Nice and gross, which is what I was going for with the character. I even had the dead tentacles writhe around on the ground for a few seconds. :)

ddude987
2013-01-14, 07:53 PM
I've always played, and am currently playing, with the rule that you can have as many weapons as you want. It just costs one move action per weapon and of course an amf will make then all go away. In my playgroups it has always been an unspoken agreement between player and DM to not go overboard.