PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron] RHoD in Xen'drik

RealMarkP
2013-01-14, 09:38 PM
I've read through the RHoD supplementary post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171284). But it doesn't speak of Xen'drik being a possible place to run this adventure. Has anyone attempted it on that uncharted continent?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-01-14, 10:34 PM
IIRC Xen'drik doesn't have a native Goblinoid population so unless you change the main antagonist force (perhaps to drows?) it would be weird. Besides RHoD is set in a mountainous environent while Xen'drik is mostly jungle as far as I remember, which throws another wrench into that plan.

TaiLiu
2013-01-14, 10:35 PM
I believe the online game 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' uses Xen'drik as their main setting.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-01-14, 10:36 PM
I believe the online game 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' uses Xen'drik as their main setting.

Yes; but I have to ask, what does it have to do with Red Hand of Doom? DDO has it's own storyline quite distinct from RHoD.

TaiLiu
2013-01-14, 10:40 PM
Yes; but I have to ask, what does it have to do with Red Hand of Doom? DDO has it's own storyline quite distinct from RHoD.

Ah. I did not know that the Red Hand of Doom was abbreviated that way.

Kol Korran
2013-01-15, 04:50 AM
I don't have the book, so I may be wrong, but there seem to be quite a few problems running it in xen'dric:
First there is only one settlement for the common races in xen'dric- stormreach, and it ready doesn't fit with the flavor for the this region.
The goblins not fitting was mentioned already.
Plus you have the general problems of xen'dric rides with- not roads or infrastruc out of storm reach, loads of giants an drowned, and quite a bit of ancient powerful magic...
You can probably ring it there with modifications, but I'd suggested other regions ( check Adam's campaign log. It's awesome.