PDA

View Full Version : Pugilist

DekonX
2013-01-14, 11:13 PM
Pugilist
Balance,Bluff,Climb,Heal,Intimidate,Jump,Perform,P rofession,Search,Sense Motive,Swim,Tumble
d12 HD, Good Fort, Good Reflex
SKILL4 + int
Proficiency: No armor, only Weapons that are used with the fist, including simple, martial, and exotic.
Bonus feat 3rd level, and every 3 levels after that (6, 9, etc)
Full Base Attack Bonus
1st flurry of blows, fists d10 bludgeoning, fists considered weapons when beneficial, AC bonus equal to Con Modifier
2nd Clench: Swift action activate, half movement speed, increase AC by ½ pugilist levels, lasts Con Mod rounds.
5th fists considered adamantite for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.When unarmored, constitution bonus to intimidate
7th damage reduction Con mod+ 1 for every 2 pugilist levels.
10th Hardened fist: add Con Mod to damage (This stacks with other physical modifiers to damage)
13th Diamond body.
15th
20th Pure Fist: All your Fist attacks are considered touch attacks.

I wanted to create a fist fighter, this is what happened.

lunaramblings
2013-01-14, 11:43 PM
Pugilist
Balance,Bluff,Climb,Heal,Intimidate,Jump,Perform,P rofession,Search,Sense Motive,Swim,Tumble
d12 HD, Good Fort, Good Reflex
SKILL4 + int
Proficiency: No armor, only Weapons that are used with the fist, including simple, martial, and exotic.
Bonus feat 3rd level, and every 3 levels after that (6, 9, etc)
Full Base Attack Bonus
1st flurry of blows, fists d10 bludgeoning, fists considered weapons when beneficial, AC bonus equal to Con Modifier
2nd Clench: Swift action activate, half movement speed, increase AC by ½ pugilist levels, lasts Con Mod rounds.
5th fists considered adamantite for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.When unarmored, constitution bonus to intimidate
7th damage reduction Con mod+ 1 for every 2 pugilist levels.
10th Hardened fist: add Con Mod to damage (This stacks with other physical modifiers to damage)
13th Diamond body.
15th
20th Pure Fist: All your Fist attacks are considered touch attacks.

I wanted to create a fist fighter, this is what happened.

Pure Fist, Clench, and the DR Might be a bit over powered. also not sure if a base of 1d10 damage at level 1 might be a bit powerful. So, my suggestions.

1st: Use the Monk Damage Scale.
2nd: Clench gives a hefty bonus at later levels. This may need to be altered to be more appropriate.
7th: DR equal to Con+1 is insane. Way too easily broken. Look at other classes that offer DR.
20th: With TWF and full bab this is ridiculous. Not sure what to do with it, but this is just... wow. Especially with Strength and Con to damage, both very easily pumped via cheap templates and the like.

CinuzIta
2013-01-15, 06:21 AM
i have to agree, it seems to be a bit unbalanced. Mmmh, here are my suggestions:

1st level: monk unarmed progression, but starting with a d8
Tools of the trade: a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +2 bonus to damages when using gauntlets. Retain his unarmed progression for damages anyway
2nd level: defensive stance: when figthing defensively, the penalties are halved down. At 12th level, the ac bonus double. At 18th level there are no penalties when fighting defensively.
3rd level: dirty strike: once per round, the pugilist can add 1d4 of damage to one of his attacks [can be part of a flurry or of a full attack action]. Increase of +1d4 every 3 levels thereafter
4th level: a +2 bonus to grapple checks. Increase of an additional +2 every 4 levels thereafter
5th level: magic fist. Bonus feat, additional bonus every 5 levels thereafter
6th level: uncanny dodge.
8th level: dr equal to half the pugilist level [max dr 10 at 20th level. Seems okay to me since he cannot use armors and doesn't get ac bonus from other sources other than the defensive stance and his dex..maybe you could give him the ac bonus of the monk].
9th level: lightning fist: add Dex to damage
10th level: adamantine fist
12th level: improved uncanny dodge
13th level: diamond body
15th level: die hard, as the feat, but can still act normally
16th level: deadly fist: natural critical menace becomes 19-20/x3, before applying any feat or ability that would modify this.
20th: don't know

Well..just some suggestions given to you after a mindstorm:)