PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Master of the Shroud - Need help going Epic

Jhango
2013-01-15, 12:14 AM
Hey Guys!

I'm just looking for a little advice going forward with a character I have had going now in our game for long time now. When I made the character, I had never expected us to get past level 15. Our party is Evil and everyone is basically power gaming in most people's opinion. DM doesn't care and just ups the encounters on us. Yesturday, he informed us that, yes he does intend on taking the campaign above level 20 and into the Epic levels, so I am now trying to plan out my character into the epic levels.

Important notes:
Started in the Iron Kingdoms campaign setting.
Pathfinder with most D&D 3.5 content allowed.
We left the IK setting so those restrictions are no longer there.

Race: Gatorman (Modified for no level adjustment)
Template: Lich

Cleric - Undead Lord 2
Dread Necromancer 1,
Master of the Shroud 10
Warlock (Modified Warcaster from IK Campaign setting) 1
Contemptive 1
Pragmatic Apostle 1

Flaws:
Murky-Eyed
Unreactive

Feats:
SF: Conjuration
Augment Summoning
Iron Will
Combat Casting
Leadership
Superior Summoning
Necromantic Presence
Necromantic Might
Undead Leadership (DM let me have both)
Craft Misc Magic items

Cohorts From Leadership:
Awakened Squid, Huge Magical Beast with 1 level of Frenzied Barbarian.
Human Ghost Sorceress

Current plan is to go Pragmatic Apostle until 20.
From 21 on, I'm not sure. I've never done an epic level character before.
I found rules for Epic Master of the Shroud @ http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/18832918/?pg=last

I'm currently thinking its the best way to go, unless I am missing something that would be more beneficial. I'm not nessisarly looking for a cookie cutter build. I am just looking for a way to stay effective in combat as we go into the epic levels. I imagine Epic spells will help here.

My usual tactics is to kill things with Strength Damage from Summoning 3 Greater Shadows when I can.

Beat things down in melee with the squid if needed. Usually grapple and let my party beat it down.

Me and my Ghost Cast spells when needed. (My spells are usually for utility)

Thanks Everyone!

Almagesto
2013-01-15, 12:40 AM
OK, so the lich template alone should be a +4 LA. Add the 16 lvls you already have = You're already a 20 ECL character.

Now, about the "Epic" Master of Shrouds... REALLY? You gain nothing at lvl 14, 17, and 18? Waste of time, my friend. Also, according to the previous calculation, every level of Pragmatic Apostle you take from now on is actually taking you into epic. Therefore, you can end up being a lvl 39 PC with those extra 19 lvls in PrgmApos.

Hope this helps.