PDA

View Full Version : One piece: The Final Straw (IC)

Cormag81
2013-01-15, 12:55 AM
Some said an era was ending others said it was only beginning. For good or for ill gold Rogers execution, and the declaration he made during it, has changed the world. 15 years later a small merchant vessel setts sail from a tiny island in the north blue.*

Slightly overmanned with 6 sailors on board the caravel seemed to have run out of luck. With their captain pushing them to the limit in order to improve his profit margin, some in the small crew are growing restless. As fortune would have it the ship hurries itself right into the path of a storm which blows it sharply of course and nearly capsizes the small vessel. When their first mate and navigator refigures their position they he finds them to be dangerously close to the calm belt.*

As the first mate begins to reset their course the musician gives the infamous call of man overboard. As the crew scrambles to rescue the downed man they realize that it wasn't a man at all but a mermaid who had passed out after swimming her way through the calm belt. Realizing that the ship might be able to help her local fish had brought her to the surface in hopes that the humans would help their exhausted kin. The captain instantly realizing that selling the mermaid would make up for his lost money during the storm has her locked up in the brig.*

The next morning the crew and the "prisoner" wake up unsure of what to do, but for different reasons.*The crew goes about their daily business with their new cargo still in the forfront of their thoughts.

Meanwhile the mermaid wakes up to find a petit young woman siting in the same room obviously waiting for her to stir. "Oh you finally decide to wake up hmm. Good, I was bored out of my mind. You feeling okay it's quite the achievement to swim the calm belt. Even when you're one of the fastest swimmers in the seas."

Okay, day one everyone is still on the ship, current crew (outside of PCs) consists of the first mate, captain, and a female doctor who was hired for the trip.*

THERE IS NO SCRIPT. Just because I explained how I saw this scenario going down doesn't mean it has to happen that way. The game starts now which means I no longer have complete control of where the story goes :).

Ps: esprit you don't have you weapons on you at the moment :P

Buickmaster
2013-01-15, 01:12 AM
While they checking the rigging and patching the ships sails Castor strikes up a conversation with Lucas. Santari is on the deck below them.
For LucasWhat do you think of that mermaid? It dosen't really seem right to lock up someone who is so close to death does it?

Santari
2013-01-15, 01:26 AM
Santari attempts to listen to the conversation above [roll0]

It fails and he just practices his sword swings.

AKGamer574
2013-01-15, 01:35 AM
Lucas continues working as he carries on the conversation with Castor.
To Castor
"Yeah, I don't think it's the best thing to do. While we do need the money, there is a better way to go about getting it. Do you know what the doctor has to say about her?"

Santari
2013-01-15, 01:39 AM
Hears the conversation again and attempts to listen.

[roll0]

Decides to forget this altogether and just go back to practicing.

Esprit15
2013-01-15, 01:44 AM
Mako blinks rapidly, taking in her surroundings. The water was thin... because it was air. So someone took her out of the water. "WHERE THE HELL AM I!? WHO ARE YOU!?" She reaches to her back and finds- ****! Where is my crossbow! She reaches under her overshirt- ****, her daggers too! "AND WHERE IN THE HELL IS MY STUFF!"

Buickmaster
2013-01-15, 01:49 AM
I have no clue Castor lets go of the ropes and drops to the deck of the ship.
He lands nimbly on his feet, even if it is right infront of Santari, who happens to be in the middle of sword practice. Whoops, sorry Santari. You're good up there with out my help right Lucas?

Santari
2013-01-15, 01:57 AM
So, I heard you guys chatting, might I ask about what?
with a fervent look. Also, next time you drop down in front of me like that, I can't guarantee your safety.

AKGamer574
2013-01-15, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I'll be fine. I mean, I am a shipwright, right? He smirks at Castor then goes back to focusing on the sails. If you hear anything from the doctor, let me know, will you?

Cormag81
2013-01-15, 01:59 AM
"Calm down and keep quiet girl if you keep screaming the captain will realize I untied you. In answer to you questions I'm Rose, and your a hostage aboard the vessel the little fairy. Which also explains the location of you stuff considering the captain makes a point of not leaving his prisoners armed."

Meanwhile on deck
"Hey you musician boy, what do you think your doing standing around swinging a sword. Your wasting time and time is money. Go check the aft rigging." the captain yells as he emerges from his cabin.

Nat 1 penalty is forced to move away from conversation and make a DC 10 sailing check

Santari
2013-01-15, 02:06 AM
Yes Captain! Hurries over to the Art rigging and starts rigging... art?

Mutters to CastorTell me about it later.

Santari
2013-01-15, 02:11 AM
[roll0] Attempts to check the art rigging.

Fails miserably, can feel a good scolding in his future.

Esprit15
2013-01-15, 02:15 AM
Prisoner. ****ing great. "Well how would you react? Okay, so Rose, what are you doing here?" By now she's curled up like a snake away from the door and girl. She takes a cursory look around the room to get a feel for her surroundings.

Buickmaster
2013-01-15, 02:17 AM
Castor ignores what his crew mates are saying to him, and quickly descends into the ship to find the doctor.

Cormag81
2013-01-15, 08:10 PM
Mako:
You hear some hustle by the door before and rose falls silent as the sound passes. When she feels it's okay to talk again she turns to you. "I'm a doctor, I was hired by the captain of this vessal to keep his crew healthy. I'm a little inexperianced but I'm all the captain could afford. So I'm was sent to make sure you were healthy. Apparently damaged goods don't sell well. Anyway I found you strapped up in the cargo hold and decided it was a bad place to keep a patient so I brought you up here to my room."

Castor:
You climb down into the hold ignoring a glare from the captain. You walk past the crew deck and head down to the part of the hold where the first mate strung up the mermaid the night before. When you get there the bindings are untied and mermaid is nowhere to be found.

Sanatari:
As you head toward the aft rigging you trip and your still unsheathed sword swing forward with your hand and cuts straight through multiple rigging lines. "What the hell Zach you know better then to walk around with your sword out now go check on Ross and see what's taking her so long we need all hand if we're going to make up our lost time."

Lucas:
You listen to Zach get chewed out when the first mate walks up under you "Hey your the shipwright, go fix the rigging."

Sorry AK didn't know what to do with you sailing or engineering check 10 to pass. Yes Sanatari that was your punishment for your natural 1 sailing check.

Buickmaster
2013-01-15, 09:50 PM
If I were a doctor... where would I be? Castor pivots on the spot and walks out of the door, trying to remember which room was Rose's.

Santari
2013-01-15, 10:29 PM
I didn't... But... It just sort of happened. with an embarrassed face

Lucas mind showing me how the rigging works later?

Heads down towards Rose's cabin.

Esprit15
2013-01-15, 10:31 PM
"Well I suppose I should thank you for caring for me. At the same time, you're caring for me so I can be sold as a slave, so pardon me if I am less than thrilled...

I may be new to this whole 'taking a prisoner' thing, but I'm pretty sure you don't both untie them and then take them out of the room they are stored in. Tends to anger the guy who takes a slave in the first place." Despite the comment, she doesn't look at all willing to go back.
A basic description of the room, please? I'll roll spot or search if I want to figure out more later.

Buickmaster
2013-01-15, 11:01 PM
Castor stands in the hallway That's the room where the men sleep. And that's where the first mate sleeps Castor snickers to him self The captain sleeps over there... Meaning this one is must be roses room!

AKGamer574
2013-01-15, 11:43 PM
I'm on it, sir! Lucas jumps down from the sail onto the deck. And thanks for making a mess a things, Santari! He then makes his way to the aft rigging.

Santari
2013-01-15, 11:48 PM
Spies Castor on his way down.
Hey Castor, what are you doing down here?

Buickmaster
2013-01-16, 12:13 AM
I'm looking for Rose. This is her room right? Castor puts his hand on a doorknob and begins to turn it.

Santari
2013-01-16, 12:30 AM
Wait! Let me go in first the Captain asked for me to do this. holds his blade up.

Or an accident might happen.

doing intimdate roll do 1d20 right?

Cormag81
2013-01-16, 01:03 AM
Mako:
As you look around the room you realize it's a very small room with hardly any personal effects. Your lying in the hammock which takes up one side of the narrow room. Next to you on the floor is a doctors bag next to that is a small duffle with some unfolded clothes inside. Finally you see rose's desk next to the door with a halbeard leaning against the far wall.

"Oh I might be breaking a few rules letting you wake up here, but I don't care much for the captain. He hired me so he can't touch me unless he wants a really bad rep but I also can't expect to keep this job when this is all over." you hear voices outside the door and rose instantly goes quiet. Rose stands up and goes over to her clothes and begins changing into what appears to be armor taking her time about it, meanwhile she signals you to be quiet.

Lucas:
"Finally someone who actually follows orders. Get it done, I'm going to go check with our navigator and make sure we're still on course."

Castor:
The partially opened door shows you the kitchen you would think as the cook you would know where that is. This leaves only one door left but First you have to deal with Sanatori.

Sanatori:
The idiot opens the wrong door but hey easier for you right.

AK gamer stills owns me a roll sailing or engeneering or sailing your choice.
For our two hot heads you roll opposing intimidates to decide who backs down. Don't know why Sanatari chose to intimidate with his luck on the rolls recently but meh.

AKGamer574
2013-01-16, 01:07 AM
Well, time to get to work. Lucas gets to the rigging and starts making quick work fixing it. I wondering if Castor has discovered anything yet...

Santari
2013-01-16, 01:12 AM
Hey Castor... You're the cook right? Because I know for sure that THIS IS THE KITCHEN! How could you get Rose's room mixed up with where you cook!

Buickmaster
2013-01-16, 01:12 AM
Lets go of the door handle, but the door swings open anyways. Castor jumps away from Santari's, just in case , but the open door reveals what is indeed the kitchen. Castor ducks through the open door. Oh, hey, the kitchen... exactly what i was looking for... I'll just be in here if you, um... you know need me or anything. Castor backs away from Santari and into the kitchen.

Santari
2013-01-16, 01:30 AM
Alright see you later Castor. Turns around and realizes there's only one door left and figures that it is Rose's room.

Rose! The captain sent me. Knocks on the door. Rose?

Esprit15
2013-01-16, 01:33 AM
Mako stays pretty quiet, though whispers as Rose puts on her armor. "What are you doing?"

Cormag81
2013-01-16, 01:48 AM
Mako & Santari:
"Don't tell me you've never changed clothes before? This is an all male ship I get a room to myself cause I'm a girl so.... I'm using it to my advantage." she wispers back before raising her voice. "Who is it and what do you want, don't tell me it's another splinter? Whoever it is don't come in I'm not decent."

Lucas:
Holding pattern fixing Santari's mistake

Buickmaster
2013-01-16, 01:51 AM
Well since I'm in here Inspired by their new guest Castor takes out a large fillet of halibut and finds a surprisingly fresh smelling bag of broccoli. He dumps the broccoli in a pot and turns on a burner on the range. He finds a flat skillet to cook the halibut on and begins to prepare it. As he is skinning and slicing the halibut he hears a bubbling sound but ignores it. He lies the halibut pieces on the skillet turns around to grab the salt and pepper. He sees that the broccoli pot is boiling over, it's only supposed to simmer.CRAP! The broccoli! as he tries to salvage the broccoli he ends up smashing it into a paste... which doesn't taste to terrible. Then he smells a slight burning odor... CRAP! THE HALIBUT! REALLY!? Castor spins around and flips the halibut over, the cooked side is now dry and tough.He couldn't even season it if he tried. He places the finished meal on a covered plate in the ice box where other people could find it after taking a piece of halibut in his hands. He also grabs a shoot of raw broccoli and sticks it in his mouth. With a sigh Castor says to himself Oh well it should be edible.

Santari
2013-01-16, 01:56 AM
The name is Santari, I'm a deck hand. So.. should I uh... Come back later, and no it's not a splinter.

Wait a minute did I hear her whispering...? Nah probably not.

The captain says we need more hands on deck if we want to make up time. I guess that includes you.

Esprit15
2013-01-16, 02:06 AM
Do my clothes really look so bad that she assumes I never change them? "I mean why are you changing into armor?"

Cormag81
2013-01-16, 02:18 AM
Mako and Santari:
"They're my work clothes, never know what will happen on deck, and it's better to be safe then sorry. Now shhhhhh" she whispersback again pausing to make sure that the guy at the door doesn't hear them. "okay tell the captain I'll be up with my report on the mermaid soon give me a few minutes."

Other holding pattern not sure what to do with you since cooking and repairing things takes longer then a conversation.

Santari
2013-01-16, 02:47 AM
Alright I'll leave it to you from here.

A smell reaches my nose. No.. No time, I should first check to see if Lucas is doing alright with the rigging... after I leave my swords by my hammock/bunk.

Heads towards his quarters to drop off his swords clearly forgetting to inform the captain.

Oh me... Why must you be the fool.

Esprit15
2013-01-16, 03:09 AM
Mako nods. Wait, she said something else. Right? I swear I heard something, right when she turned around!

What's going to happen? Rose is clearly lying about protecting her. She has no reason to go against her employer. Even if he's harsh, she needs a good reputation to keep getting jobs too. This is just a way to keep me complacent during the ride. She even said it: "So I was sent to make sure you were healthy. Apparently damaged goods don't sell well." But there's nowhere to escape to. Even if I can see what the weather is doing, I'll just pass out like I did before. Then I'll just be captured by someone else. Probably some people eager to test the slaves they find before selling them.

She shudders.

I have to stay on board. ****. **** ****idy ****.

So it's simple: I have to kill the captain and anyone supporting him. If I can turn Rose against him, that will help. That halberd is probably hers. Would certainly do damage to a man. Best bet is at night though. A quick slice and-

What was I thinking about. Escape? No, I can't escape, there isn't anywhere to go. I don't know how long I've been out, and I don't quite know our bearing. Well if she was stuck her, might as well rest. She rolls over carefully in the hammock.

"This is your fault, you know. You had to leave and 'see the world!' Silly dream. Such an idealist." Mako looks around, but just sees Rose changing. She grits her teeth, barely a whisper making it out. "I told you to leave me alone. This is bad enough without you gloating about it." Wherever that voice was coming from, it had been talking to her for the past two years. Its friend was actually the one to suggest leaving the island, but it still liked to mock her for listening. Its friend also suggested stabbing a shop keeper 17 times because it believed he was the one who was selling her thoughts, so maybe it's advice wasn't ever to be trusted really.
You want me to run both sides of the schizophrenia or do you want to run the voices, paranoia and hallucinations?

Cormag81
2013-01-16, 05:55 PM
Mako:
Rose finishes changing, picks up her halberd and pokes her head out the door. She pulls back and turns to you realizing your curled up comes to your side. "Are you sure your okay."

"Of course I'm not okay I'm a prisoner who's going to be sold as a slave the next time we reach port." One of the voices shout back at her. Your about to apologize for its rudeness when she continues, only you had heard the voice.

"Well the coast is clear right now so you can move around down here if you want. I wouldn't advise going on deck though most of the sailors are armed to defend against pirates. Your stuff is in the captains cabin. I can't promise anything as far as help outside of this room. I'm willing to help you get away but I can't openly disobey the captain so avoid all the guys on the ship if you can.

Santari & Lucas:
Sanatari puts his swords away and comes back on deck just as Lucas finishes fixing his mistake.

Castors still in a holding pattern.

Esprit15
2013-01-16, 06:55 PM
Leave and risk discovery, or stay? She had no chance of escaping if she was spotted, and not everyone would be as kind as Rose pretends to be... It's worth the risk.

"There's just one thing I want to grab. Would you mind giving me directions to where I might find my stuff?" If she is given directions, she then makes for that direction.

Santari
2013-01-16, 09:31 PM
Oh... uh.. Hey Lucas! Nice to see that you're done. I could have done that, I just you know didn't have the time. hopefully he's not too angry.

Also, guess what! I didn't bring my swords this time!

You know maybe I should just stop talking...

AKGamer574
2013-01-16, 09:49 PM
Finally done! And great, there's the reason I had to fix this in the first place. You know, Santari? Next time you decide to screw around with your sword, do it somewhere where you won't mess up something I have to fix! You know what, it may not really be that much of his fault, he is only a musician. I just won't tell home that, though.

Anyways, did Rose say anything about the mermaid? He quickly looks around. Where is she by the way? I thought the captain told you to get her up here.

Santari
2013-01-16, 09:59 PM
..Rose... Captain... Rose... Captain... Oh man you just reminded me something Crap... I better find the captain quick.

I'll see you later I have to find the Captain. Also Rose was changing... but it might have just been me but I heard whispering. Probably Castor cooking though. You know makes sizzling sounds, and runs off.

AKGamer574
2013-01-16, 10:57 PM
Well, okay then. Whispering? If she WAS whispering to someone, then it could have been only one person. And if that was true, this could turn out to be of great help. He then makes his way down below deck to investigate.

Cormag81
2013-01-16, 11:27 PM
Mako:
Rose turns to you as she heads out the door, "captains cabin is aft, that way." She points to the left of the door. Then she heads up onto deck.

Santari & Lucas:
As you glare at each other Rose comes onto the deck from below in full gear and carrying her halberd.

Castor:
Holding pattern

Santari
2013-01-16, 11:31 PM
Oh hi... Rose... attempts rushes off before she says something.

rolling in ooc what will I need to pass?

Esprit15
2013-01-16, 11:44 PM
She nods and slithers out of the room, trying to find the fastest way to move while remaining quiet. Whipping her tail for- NOPE! That will alert someone. Thank goodness for scales preventing splinters. She continues slithering forward to the location specified.

AKGamer574
2013-01-16, 11:58 PM
Hmm, she's up here now. This could be a good chance to talk to the mermaid. Oh, hey Rose! I'm just heading down to...check on Castor's cooking.
Do I need a bluff check for this?

Cormag81
2013-01-17, 01:33 AM
Mako & Castor:
Mako hears castor yell something about halibut as she attempts to move past the kitchen.

Santari & Lucas:
"No way, if I had to get up and come up here for added speed the two of you are staying to help." she turns her halberd sideways and uses it as a sort of gate preventing you from going below. "Now where is our cook he should have been up hear by now."

Move silently vs listen below decks, and before anyone gets any funny ideas about fighting their way past rose, remember she's a warrior armed and in armor. Of course any fight would be broken up by the captain before the third round got started but hey three rounds is a good amount of time :P

Santari
2013-01-17, 01:40 AM
You know how you said something like "Inform the captain"? Yeah I haven't done that yet so... Really if you'll excuse me once again
Holds up his sheet music that he just happened to have in his pocket as a shield. Not a good shield, but a shield nonetheless.

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 01:46 AM
Castor hears a scraping noise outside of the kitchen. The same sound as when Lucas would sand down boards for repairs. But lucas wouldn't be down here... Castor pokes his head out of the Kitchen door, he sees the mermaid slithering down the hallway. Hey! I was wondering what happened to you, you weren't in your room. I just made... dinner... if you want any.

AKGamer574
2013-01-17, 01:47 AM
As I said Rose, I was about to go check on our dear cook down below. But if you insist, then let's go see the captain. So much for that plan. It'll have to wait until another time, no need to cause a scene. Well then, Santari, lead the way.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 01:54 AM
She pauses and glares at the man. "Why should I trust you?"

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 02:05 AM
With the broccoli still sticking out of his mouth Castor makes a thinking face...
Well... how long is it since you ate? Its not great food but its food. Castor shrugs and starts to turn to go back to the deck.
Do we do a diplomacy check now?

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 02:08 AM
"That's not a reason." Her stomach was growling a bit though.

Santari
2013-01-17, 02:12 AM
Uh.. Lucas... I just need to go over there. I can join you after though. You know as your back-up. Just you know wait and we'll start cleaning the lower deck.

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 02:12 AM
Castor spins to face the Mermaid SoOoOoOo, does that mean you want some food? Castor has a big grin on his face.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 02:16 AM
"...wipe the creepy grin off your face and you have a deal." She pushes herself into the kitchen. "You have anything for less carnivorous humanoids?"

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 02:26 AM
Castor immediately changes his face into a scowl, but his voice remains happy as he lead the way into the Kitchen. Whell, we have broccoli, both in natural and paste form. And we have some halibut jerky... wait is fish meat? Other than that I would have to go down to the cargo bay to find some fruit. After grabbing some broccoli out of the icebox and placing it on a table he looks back to the mermaid. We haven't made a stop in a while, so i don't have much to work with anymore.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 02:33 AM
"Maybe starvation was a better choice... Yeah, halibut is definitely meat. Some fruit sounds really good though." Can I make it to the captain's quarters and back before he gets his fruit? Maybe. Would have to hurry, but he won't be in a huge rush, hopefully. "Would you mind running to get some? Please?" She tries to look as sweet and attractive as she can while asking.
Think that's either Bluff of Diplomacy: [roll0] Either way it would be opposed by Sense Motive I think if you want to roll to oppose.

Cormag81
2013-01-17, 02:37 AM
Santari & Lucas:
"Oh nice try San, but your coming with us to the helm to see the captain I'm not taking no for an answer." she takes her halberd in a one handed grip and walks leads/drags the two of them up to the helm. "You called sir?"
"Yes I did, how is our passenger?"
"She is exhausted sir. She swam straight through the calm belt surviving on nothing but pure speed. She needs a comfortable place to,"
"Are you offering to switch places with her then miss rose."
"No sir it's just that she needs,"
"Is the cargo damaged Miss Rose?"
"No sir, but she could use a place to rest"
"She has one! Now get out of my way, the sooner we make port the more money I make so no lolygaging."
"Very well sir, since you obviously value my medical opinion I shall go find our cook at least he can help you make up your presciuse time."
With that Rose storms back to the ladder leading down to the lower deck. Her halberd clenched in a death grip. The captain meanwhile turns to the two of you
"You heard me no lolygaging, get to work!!"

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 02:38 AM
Running? I LOVE RUNNING Castor takes off out of the hall and down the hallway to the door of the cargo bay. As he reaches the door he hears footsteps pounding across the deck, without thinking Castor attempts to duck into the door before whoever is coming can notice him.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 02:42 AM
Mako meanwhile is about to head for the captain's quarters when Rose arrives.

Santari
2013-01-17, 02:47 AM
Well Lucas... We get to talk to Castor either way now right? Whew dodged a bullet there with the Captain and Rose.

So why do you think it got so heated between those two? I mean it's just a mermaid right?

Cormag81
2013-01-17, 02:57 AM
Mako and Caster:
Caster dashes into the cargo bay for some fruit as rose argues with the captain. It takes him longer the. Expected so she manages to storm down the ladder before he heads out she on the other hand heads straight for the kitchen when she opens the door she finds mako patiently waiting inside.
"What are you doing in here it's almost lunch time our cook should be in here soon and your just standing here do you standing here! Do you want to get caught?!"
Just then Castor opens the door behind her carrying the last of their fresh fruit. "I'm baaack"
He turns the corner and finds himself looking at the business end of Rose's halberd, which was inches from his face.

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 03:04 AM
Hello. Rose, how are you doing today? Castor is talking very slowly and standing very still. I brought fruit... Castors arms are full of lemons, oranges and bananas. You can have one if you'd like.

AKGamer574
2013-01-17, 03:05 AM
I don't think she agrees with the way he is treating her. Okay, if he couldn't figure that one out, maybe he really isn't that smart. Anyways, time to figure out a way to get to the mermaid. If she could help, then maybe it would be the end of this infuriating captain. Might as well tell Santari of what I have in mind. Remember when you said you thought you heard whispering? Maybe Rose was helping her. We should go check it out.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 03:06 AM
"Well I was going to find a few of my things until you blocked the doorway. If I'm still going to be a prisoner just without shackles, would you at least mind grabbing my stuff from the captain's quarters? There would likely be fewer questions if you were there anyways." And then Castor returns. "Oh, thank you." She grabs an orange and a banana from one of his hands and starts pealing the latter.

Cormag81
2013-01-17, 03:51 PM
Mako & Castor:
"I'm sorry castor but I can't..." Rose says, ignoring mako untill She walks around her and grabs some fruit. Rose lowers the halberd away from castors face but keeps it pointed at your stomach. "Wait you two know each other?"

Santari and Lucas:
As you walk away from the captain you overhear him talking to the first mate, "Idiots don't they realize how much a that stupid mutant fish is worth. We're doing the world a favor by placing it in it's rightful place and they are paying us for it. How is this a bad thing"

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 04:06 PM
"No so much know as 'Hey, you look hungry. Need some food?' He seems harmless enough, seeing as his first response wasn't 'The mermaid is escaping.' Might as well make use of him."

AKGamer574
2013-01-17, 08:41 PM
Stupid captain, not an ounce of respect in him. All he cares about is money! Lucas whispers to Santari to be sure he isn't overheard. Don't worry about him for now. At the moment, the important thing is going to see the mermaid. Follow me. With that, he makes his way below deck.

Santari
2013-01-17, 09:49 PM
Uh.. Ok. I guess I've got nothing better to do.

Off to see the mermaid! I should make a song for this! hums a tune and memorizes it for his next piece.

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 10:19 PM
Castor looks from the tip of Rose's weapon to rose and back to the tip of the weapon. Will you at-least let me into the room? I don't know if it'd be good for someone to come down here and see you threatening me.

Cormag81
2013-01-17, 10:49 PM
Mako & Castor:
Rose lowers her halberd and pulls you into the kitchen. "Okay, maybe I overreacted. I am going to help her," she says pointing at mako, "Escape. I won't let that bastard sell her into slavery. If your willing to help then lets go, if not get out of my way before I make you."

Santari & Lucas:
As you finish descending you see the door to the kitchen close. Presumably behind castor as he cooks lunch. Otherwise the deck seems normal.

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 11:02 PM
Castor shakes his head Escaping would be dumb, none of us even know where we are. No a few of us haven't like the way things have been run for a while now, if we fight back lucas will be with us. I don't know about Santari though. Worst case scenario four against three, assuming the mermaid knows how to fight.

Esprit15
2013-01-17, 11:07 PM
"What, a girl can't defend herself just because she was captured while unconscious? Such a male. I'm getting my stuff." She makes her way to the captain's quarters, hopefully not being impeded again. "If you get me a map, I'll get us through these waters unharmed."

AKGamer574
2013-01-17, 11:08 PM
Let's go check Rose's room. Lucas goes up to the door and listens for any talking, but hears nothing. Where could she be then? I don't hear anything. Santari, you want to go see where the mermaid is being held? I'll go check on Castor and see what he is making for lunch.

Santari
2013-01-17, 11:12 PM
Uh... Yeah sure. As long as it doesn't turn into a kitchen again. heads towards the general direction of where the mermaid was held.

Cormag81
2013-01-17, 11:46 PM
Mako, Lucas & Castor:
"A mutiny eh well whoever ends up captain can't do a worse job then that idiot" Rose says as she leads castor and mako towards the captains cabin. As you begin to walk towards the cabin you run into Lucas walking in the opiate direction. Rose unsure of either how much he had heard and whose side he was on stops and raises her halberd once again.

Santari:
As you climb down into the cargo bay you realize that the mermaid is no longer tied up.

Buickmaster
2013-01-17, 11:58 PM
Lucas. Castor nods at Lucas We've had along time under one captain don't you think? Maybe time to change it up a little?

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 12:09 AM
Lucas slowly nods back at Castor, wary of the halberd. That's what I came to find out. Santari went to where the mermaid is, or as I see, WAS, so we can talk to him before going to the captain. Am I right in assuming you two are with us?

Santari
2013-01-18, 12:14 AM
Oh man oh man oh man the mermaid is gone!

GUYS WHAT DO WE DO THE MERMAID IS GONE! runs back to where he parted with Lucas.

Cormag81
2013-01-18, 12:38 AM
"I'm with you and I can't speak for our guest here but I doubt she's against you." Rose remarks as she lowers her weapon again. Just then Santari rounds the corner from the cargo bay yelling something about a missing mermaid. "Well moment of truth will our musician be with us or against us."

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 01:00 AM
Lucas quickly turns around. Santari, quiet yourself! The captain may hear you! Now, the time is upon us to rise against the captain, as I am sure you saw coming after the recent events. Are you with us? Hopefully he sides with us. Though there is nothing against him, if he goes with the captain there would be no choice but violence.

Santari
2013-01-18, 01:04 AM
But Lucas, oh wait that is... looks over the strange woman. Turns out she's the mermaid.

Time for a pro cons list because this seems bad!

Pros: I think I made it on the Captain's good side today. I made up with Lucas I think. There's still that whole rigging thing. I made a lovely new song!

Cons: Everyone MIGHT want to kill me. Even the mermaid she looks a bit crazy.

After a long pauseMuahahah! I Santari of East blue have figured it out! You all want the mermaid to yourself! Well then, if you succeed in your endeavors I Santari will bequeeth you with my presence and show you my new song I have concocted, boom! Farewell!

Hopefully... That worked... Maybe I should just show up to the fight late. Yeah that might work. Slowly sidesteps away.

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 01:17 AM
Okay guys, I know that I don't always pay the most attention... But was that confusing to any one else? castor gestures towards Santari

Esprit15
2013-01-18, 01:28 AM
"Quite. Now if we are done with this, Rose, please help me get my stuff before the captain decides to wonder where everyone has gone. You guys get back to your posts and act like nothing is wrong." She again tries to head to get her supplies, turning the captain's quarters inside out looking for her daggers.

All the search checks!!!
Mako
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Rose
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Cormag81
2013-01-18, 01:40 AM
"Okay makes sense for us to all be fully armed." Rose finds makos stuff in a short amount of time and helps mako rearm meanwhile the others try to decided what Santari ment by what he said.

Santari if you intend to fight then make sure to go get your swords :) T-18 seconds.

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 01:45 AM
Will do. This may end up working out. Now about Santari... So, you're saying you're just going to sit this out, Santari? You know that won't bode well with either side that ends up winning.

Santari
2013-01-18, 01:45 AM
...Yeah. Well you see there's this thing...Scurries off to his quarters to pick up his swords as a just in case. Heck why not bring his instrument and inspire them with song!

Esprit15
2013-01-18, 01:46 AM
Mako takes her daggers and places one in a holder in the back of her top behind her hair. The other is hidden under a fold of her clothing at her hip. She adds bolt to her crossbow and readies it. To the average person, all that she appeared to have was a crossbow. "By the way, I don't think I introduced myself. Mako."

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 01:55 AM
It will be fun to see how this turns out. This is just the first battle... are any of us really fit to lead a Crew? Remember guys, if we kill them we'll be murderers if we leave them alive... we'll end up wanted.

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 02:10 AM
To Mako And I would be Lucas. To Castor So either way we would be wanted. I guess we'll just see how far the captain will go then. Whatever he decides, he won't be in his position anymore. You think I should go up on deck so the captain doesn't get wary of our absence?

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 02:12 AM
Well we could just kill them, ditch the bodies and say they went overboard in a storm.

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 02:16 AM
We would have to be VERY convincing, though. The captain AND first mate going overboard? And ONLY them?

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 02:18 AM
Yeah that does sound suspicious... Then after a short pause I wonder where Santari has gotten to?

Esprit15
2013-01-18, 02:19 AM
"Accidents happen. Maybe they tried to abduct a mermaid at the disagreement of the rest of the crew and her kind and got speared for their troubles?" She pulls out one knife and looks it over absentmindely. "I'd believe that."

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 02:25 AM
I like where Mako is going with this. And I think Santari is in his quarters. He shouldn't be causing any trouble.

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 02:26 AM
Oh no, I know he isn't I'm just saying if it's TOO coincidental, we could always, you know, but a certain crew mate overboard as-well.

Cormag81
2013-01-18, 02:37 AM
As the group discuses the best way to deal with how to explain the death or disappearance of their captain and first mate the still obliviuse first mate climbs down from the deck. "How does a call for all hands to increase speed mean that everyone goes below?"
Then he sees the mermaid armed and surrounded by most of the crew. "What the hell is going on here tie that overgrown fish up and put her back in the hold where she belongs.
"Her name is Mako, and she is free to go where she likes. Unfortunately for you that means we can't let you or our fair and kind captain stay aboard. Not enough food you see." Rose says stepping forward and leveling her halberd at the idiotic mans face.

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 02:49 AM
And here we go!

Esprit15
2013-01-18, 02:56 AM
"Silence, ape." Mako levels her crossbow, taking careful aim. A hit to the heart should shut him up fast, keep him from helping the captain. "You are in the least position to give orders. One false move and I get to find out what color you bleed."
Gauge Mako to be about 10 feet back from him. Taking careful aim to receive +2 on Ranged Attack Roll.

Initiative: [roll0]

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 01:21 PM
Looks like it's time to start this thing. Lucas quickly pulls out his two shortswords, leaving his daggers concealed for now.

Cormag81
2013-01-18, 08:32 PM
"Holy neptunian! we have a mutiny on our hands" with that the first mate turns and runs for the ladder back to the deck.*

0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
A|W|W||L||W|W
B||W||Fm||W|
C||D||||D|
D||W||||W|
E||W|R||C|W|
F||D||Lu||D|S
G||W|M|||W|

Key:
W=wall
D=door
L=Ladder
Fm=First mate
Lu=Lucas
C=Castor
R=Rose
M=Mako
S=Santari
Initiative
1. First mate
2. Castor
3. Mako
4. Lucas
5. Rose
First mate climb check
[roll0]

Buickmaster
2013-01-18, 08:39 PM
Castor chases after the first mate and makes it up the ladder behind him.Climb check in OCC
Applies Dodge feat to the FM

Esprit15
2013-01-18, 08:45 PM
Mako remains quiet and simply pulls the trigger on the crossbow, reloading it as soon as the bolt leaves the shaft.
Attack Roll: [roll0] Crit on Nat 19-20
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: +[roll2]

AKGamer574
2013-01-18, 09:31 PM
Lucas follows after Castor and starts up the ladder.

Santari
2013-01-18, 09:52 PM
After grabbing all his necessary gear he rushes to above deck.

I can hear them a little bit already. I wonder how the odds are... Eh well they are 4 to 2.

Cormag81
2013-01-19, 02:41 AM
"Damn jackrabbit." Rose says as she climbs the ladder after everyone else. As she clears the deck she finds herself among the rest of the rebels near the bow of the ship facing down a pissed of captain and his reluctant first mate

0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
A|||||||
B||Fm|||Cap||
C|||||||
D||||Mt|||
E|||||||
F||S||R||C|
G|||M||L||

Key:
Mt=mast
Fm=First mate
L=Lucas
C=Castor
R=Rose
M=Mako
S=Santari
Initiative
1. First mate
2. Castor
3. Mako
4. Lucas
5. Rose
Okay a few things 1. Ignore your climb checks everyone passed 2. We're kind of hitting the reset button on this fight cause I said so. But this way their is more space for you to work with :)
First mate is a brawler, captain is a marksman with a musket. Sorry for both the wait and the reset
Captain initiative:
[roll0]

Cormag81
2013-01-19, 02:50 AM
The first mate rushes Santari and attempts to punch his lights out while the captain fires at Lucas.

0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
A|||||||
B|||||Cap||
C|||||||
D||||Mt|||
E||Fm|||||
F||S||R||C|
G|||M||L||

Key:
Mt=mast
Fm=First mate
L=Lucas
C=Castor
R=Rose
M=Mako
S=Santari
Initiative
1. First mate
Captain
2. Castor
3. Mako
4. Lucas
5. Rose
Attack rolls.
First mate
[roll0]
[roll1]
Captain:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Santari
2013-01-19, 02:59 AM
Oh jeez! gets ready retaliate then put his blade up for defense (Blade Guard).

Initiative: [roll0]

Esprit15
2013-01-19, 03:02 AM
Mako looks down her crossbow at the captain. "Hey, dip**** in the funny hat!" Another bolt goes whizzing from the crossbow.
Attack Roll: [roll0] Gotta love taking a full action to aim!
Damage: [roll1] Is there any mod to damage?

Buickmaster
2013-01-19, 03:10 AM
Castor runs forward towards the Captain, and punches him.
To hit: [roll0]
Unleathal Damage [roll]1d8[roll/]

Santari
2013-01-19, 03:11 AM
Take this mate! slashes out his sword

IGNORE THIS ROLL: [roll0]
Defense: [roll1] also enter blade guard.

AKGamer574
2013-01-19, 11:00 AM
Lucas prepares to dodge the incoming bullet
Defense: Opt to take 20 + 8 mod (the bullet would kill me if it hit)

Cormag81
2013-01-19, 12:38 PM
Rose steps up beside the first mate and thrusts her halberd at his side. The halberd conects goring the poor man and leaving him helpless and bleeding out on the deck.

0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
A|||||||
B|||Cap||||
C|||||C||
D||||Mt|||
E|||Fm||||
F||S|R||||
G|||M||L||

Key:
Mt=mast
Fm=First mate
L=Lucas
C=Castor
R=Rose
M=Mako
S=Santari
Initiative
1. First mate
Captain
2. Castor
3. Mako
4. Lucas
5. Rose
Rose's actions move to F3 attack the first late who was at the time at E2
Attack roll: [roll0]

AKGamer574
2013-01-19, 12:56 PM
Lucas tries to distract the captain and hide behind the mast.
Bluff: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Santari
2013-01-19, 11:36 PM
Moves forward and defends himself just in case.

Move 1 space to E2 and defend
Defence: [roll0]

Buickmaster
2013-01-20, 01:30 AM
Castor lines up behind the captain, and strikes at his back.
Move to A4
Attack [roll0] Flanking
Damage [roll1]

Esprit15
2013-01-20, 03:08 AM
"Dang it! Out of the way! Can't aim with you in the way!" Mako moves to F1, reloading a bolt as she moves over to fire at the captain.
Attack: [roll0] Crit on nat 19-20

Cormag81
2013-01-21, 03:39 AM
Rose runs forward to attack the captain. Meanwhile Lucas gets tangled I the masts rigging as he attempts to hide behind it.

0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7
A|||C||||
B|||Cap||||
C|||||||
D|||R|Mt|||
E||S|||||
F|M||||||
G|||||L||

Key:
Mt=mast
Fm=First mate
L=Lucas
C=Castor
R=Rose
M=Mako
S=Santari
Initiative
1. Santari
1.5 Captain
2. Castor
3. Mako
4. Lucas
5. Rose
Castor your numbers and post don't line up so I correct your position to being behind the captain since that's where you said you were. If I'm missing something tell me.
First mate is down and helpless so I removed him from the map.
Lucas has to burn a move action to free himself (crit fail)
Rose attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 03:46 AM
Mako moves forward and slits the captain's throat. "*******. Try and sell me into slavery..."

Buickmaster
2013-01-21, 03:50 AM
Castor moves to stand in Mako's face THAT was NOT necessary, I expect you to refrain from doing it again. Castor walks over to the Captain and removes the hat from his head. Castor places the hat on his own head. For now this will have to do. The rest of the crew consists of a psychopath (Mako), a hot head (Santari) and a idiot (The one stuck in the rigging) the only better choice might be Rose.

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 03:56 AM
"Tell you what: When you get captured and are going to be made a slave, probably be raped a bit for good measure, then you an decide what happens to your captor." She starts hauling the body over to the edge. "Any of you have last rights to say or something, or can I toss this bastard overboard?"

Buickmaster
2013-01-21, 04:01 AM
Go for it, and follow him over yourself if it pleases you. Starts of for the first mates quarters to look for some kind of map, he was the navigator after all.
Takes 20 to search the navigator's room

AKGamer574
2013-01-21, 04:11 AM
Lucas untangles himself from the rigging. Well, that was embarrassing! A shipwright getting caught in his own rigging. And it looks like Castor feels he gets to be captain now. What does a cook even know about running a ship?! Whatever, if I'm at least first mate it'll be fine. We gotta have someone who knows how a ship works in a leadership position. Hey! Are we just going to leave this guy bleeding out on the deck or what? If we're tossing him, toss him, if not, patch him up. I'd rather not have to clean up any more blood than there is already.

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 04:18 AM
Seeing no objections, the corpse is relieved of anything that would weigh him down too much (whoo, looting!), and is heaved over the side, a very satisfying splash following half a second later. "Someone fix him up a bit, ask him if he'll work under us or not. Let him know he is very replaceable. I can navigate for us if need be."

AKGamer574
2013-01-21, 04:29 AM
Lucas goes up to the first mate. Now, I know you were just being loyal to the captain, but as you can see, he's not with us anymore. So either you stay loyal and end up where he is, or you can join us. You're choice.
Rose, get over here! I need some helping patching this guy up.
Does the first mate have a name?

Cormag81
2013-01-21, 04:34 AM
Rose shakes her head at the needless death but goes over to the wounded first mate and stabalizes him putting him on the road to recovery. "This guys hurt bad. I have the equipment to heal him but it will take some time before he will be able to help on the ship.

Santari
2013-01-21, 04:54 AM
I think it's high time for a victory song! whips out his mandolin and begins to play his newly made song.

Perform:[roll0]

Yes! It came out right, maybe I should do this for a living, or at least a small amount of beli in town.

Cormag81
2013-01-21, 11:44 AM
When maki searched the body she found a small amount of beli, ammunition for his rifle, his pistol, and a key which goes to a chest you remember seeing in his cabin.

With the first mate now stable but still unconscious Rose looks around for anyone in need of her help after the battle.

Loot:
1000 beli
20 bullets
Flintlock and musket.
Key to chest.

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 01:23 PM
Mako takes the musket. Very nice, compared to her crossbow. "Anyone have need of a pistol?" She leaves it on the ground, taking the musket, Beli, key and ammo. "If you need me, I'll be bellow deck for a bit." She heads to the captain's quarters, using the key to open the chest.

AKGamer574
2013-01-21, 01:33 PM
Lucas, now alone with the first mate, quickly loots anything of value off of him. It won't do him any good to have all this stuff while he's unconscious. Hey Santari, could you help move this guy below deck? I'm going to have a little trouble doing it by myself. Nice song by the way.

Santari
2013-01-21, 04:54 PM
Depends, what kind of terms are we on?
as he places his mandolin in a safe spot then turns to give Lucas a hard look.

Because I feel a slight distrust... as of came late.

AKGamer574
2013-01-21, 07:54 PM
Well, as it seems that you DID help us in the mutiny, then I say we are on good terms. As long as you stay with us, I don't see it changing much. Need to keep an eye on this guy, it seems as if he can turn on us at any moment. And Castor may start to be an irritation if he lets this captain thing go to his head. Rose goes her own way, which I can understand. Seems like her and Mako are the only ones I can really trust, and I just met Mako!

Cormag81
2013-01-23, 12:19 AM
Ross Caries the first mate back to the bunk and glares at castor as he searches his stuff but doesn't say anything to stop him.

Okay loot time.
Lucas finds 700 beli a crude map and a compass on the first mate.

Castor finds about 1800 beli among the first mates things as well as a pair of knuckles that obviusly have seen a little use. Their still usable just a little worn.

Mako finds the biggest cash in the captain's office. Nearly 14000 beli about 30 more bullets and a letter from the captain's father. The letter if read will reveal that the captain was the son of a marine officer who is expecting his arrival in the town to which the ship was destined.

Esprit15
2013-01-23, 12:40 AM
Jackpot. I *suppose* I should share this. A bit. Five of us... 2 000 for each of them if they want it. She splits the money into 2 000, 2 000, 2 000, 2 000 and 6 000.

"Wow. Greedy little pike, aren't you?"

Mako looks back, but sees nobody. They're watching... "I was the one who killed him and let them get the stuff in the first place. I'll give some of the bullets to whoever took the pistol, deal?" she whispers back. Silence responds. She stashes the money into different pockets in her pack and heads back up.

"So who was for killing that grouper?"

AKGamer574
2013-01-23, 01:24 AM
Well, if anyone would be to decide if he lived I guess it would be you, seeing as he took you prisoner and treated as property. If you felt he should die, then fine by me.

The captain would have just been a nuisance anyways; we are better off with him gone. Plus, getting on Mako's good side doesn't hurt.

Santari
2013-01-23, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't say he deserved a death. With our numbers we could clearly hold them down and tie 'em to the mast. Sadly though, none of us have chloroform to make it easier ...I think.

In the case of the First mate we don't even know if he was truly with the idea or not. I say we let him leave and have the mate join us or we bid farewell at the next stop. with a stern look on a face.

If he truly was against us and believe the captains ideals I say we turn him in. Get a small amount of beli in return?

Cormag, do we have bounties that are very very very small on our heads or no?

Buickmaster
2013-01-24, 03:37 AM
Castor returns to the deck, he takes the captains hat and hangs it from the top of the main mast, then returns to the deck and starts to wash the blood off of the deck.

Cormag81
2013-01-25, 04:11 AM
Rose carries the unconcious first mate done below and puts him in the "Infirmary" (a small room with a hammock and champsr pot with access from the hall and her room) after making her he's on the road to recovery she heads back on deck to help sort things out. "Mako, I'm a doctor, I see all death as uneccisary so the fact that you would even ask me that question shows how little you understand me. What's done is done but what are we going to do now?"

Okay Time for exp drop: 75 exp each (375 total)
This is lower then normal since I wouldn't have allowed the enemy to win that battle and because it was almost a part of the worlds backstory.

Esprit15
2013-01-25, 10:08 AM
"Fair enough." She heads over by Lucas and Castor handing each of them 5 000 of the money she found in the chest. "Well I don't have much to return to. Right now let's just hit land. We can decide after that. Which way you guys heading? She grabs the map and starts trying to figure out where they were.
Nav: [roll0]

Buickmaster
2013-01-25, 08:45 PM
Castor pulls Rose aside Whispered conversation at the furthest from the rest of the crew as possible. First things first is the first mate still alive?after hearing Rose's response Castor nods and continues I know that the crew is on edge right now, and it would be good to know that you had a friend on board. Promise me your on my side and I'll get you anything you want.

Santari
2013-01-25, 10:50 PM
Great maybe they do see me as enemies after all... since I got no beli, I guess I'll confront her about it I guess

Woah woah woah there Mako!
Where is my share of this beli?

Intimdate roll: [roll0]

Esprit15
2013-01-25, 11:28 PM
"You didn't want him dead, you get no spoils of the kill. Very simple. Now leave me to my 'getting you all home safely,' if you don't mind." Her eyes watch you intently from behind the map. Lots of circumstances say "Nope, not afraid." Too necessary, I'm armed and good with a dagger, etc. If he was for killing the captain (which IIRC he wasn't), he should have spoken up when she asked.

Cormag81
2013-01-26, 02:19 AM
"He'll live assuming no more craziness" she listens to the rest of castors question and pauses before answering. "My contracts tearms were violated recently so as of right know I'm unemployed. I don't own any of you any alliegence. I'm a doctor and a fighter I'm not all that interested in leading others so if you want that roll and no one opposes you then I'll follow but I'm not promising anything."

AKGamer574
2013-01-26, 03:43 AM
Well thank you for this, Mako. Looks like she will be a valuable ally, granted that we agree on our decisions. Maybe she can help with this map from the first mate. Hey, do you mind taking a look at this map? I've never been that good at figuring them out. Lucas offers the map to Mako.

Esprit15
2013-01-26, 03:55 AM
(I already was examining the map. Thus the Navigation roll)

Cormag81
2013-01-27, 11:44 AM
Asylum check the charts and the ship you realize you currently have east-southeast heading which if continued will put you into the calm belt. From the notes on the map you need to have a north-northeast heading to reach the ships original destination. The map shows a few other locations that could serve as suitable destinations. The wind is currently a southern crosswind. The skies are clear with no real signs of a storm on its way.

Esprit15
2013-01-28, 01:14 AM
Mako keeps her eyes on the sky. "We wanna continue on our initial path or we wanna hit one of these isles?"

Buickmaster
2013-01-28, 11:19 PM
We are running short on food, I say we look to one of the closer islands. I'll check the food stores to be more exact.

Esprit15
2013-01-29, 12:33 AM
"Well this island is the closest, and if we're right here..." Her and whoever controls the ship work out what needs to be done to get to the nearest land.

AKGamer574
2013-01-29, 02:18 AM
Well, sounds like a plan. Let's get this boat going in the right direction then. Lucas prepares to adjust the sails.
Sailing: [roll0]

Buickmaster
2013-01-30, 12:03 AM
Castor decides that any food that is available shouldn't be going anywhere. Sailing [roll0]
Castor then descends into the hold.

Santari
2013-01-31, 10:47 PM
Since I'm no use for sailing... for "reasons" unknown. I think I'll head below deck and practice music in my quarters.

Perform string: [roll0]

Cormag81
2013-01-31, 11:50 PM
The ship finds its new heading and begins to make headway toward the small coastal village.

Buickmaster
2013-02-01, 01:51 AM
Castor searches the ships hold for any remaining food.

Esprit15
2013-02-01, 01:55 AM
"Oh, guys. Apparently the captain's dad was expecting to see him, so we should probably get our story straight."

Buickmaster
2013-02-02, 01:09 AM
As Castor searches the hold he finds:
100 lbs of salted beef
100 lbs of salted pork
50 lbs of various vegtables
100 lbs of citrus fruit
25 lbs of flour
100 lbs of water
And some rats

Good, we should be good for at least five days of travel, more really, the first mate isn't doing anything he should only need half rations. We could also just feed the first mate rats. (yelling) MAKO!!! How long is there until we hit that Island?

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 01:43 AM
"Some time between now and Armageddon! We get there when we get there! Just make us some sandwiches, cook!" She looks over the map and counts out kilometers, and makes a guess at the wind that they should get.

"Maybe a week!"

Buickmaster
2013-02-03, 04:51 AM
Over the next five days of the trip Castor makes meals for his crew. He makes only 2 meals a day which leaves the crew disgruntled but no worse for the wear.
The First Day Meal 1: 10lbs Citrus fruit and 15lbs of Thin sliced pork. Meal 2: 5lbs Vegetables and 15lbs Steak.
Second Day Meal 3: 10lbs Citrus 15lbs bread (2 parts flour 1 part water)
Meal 4: 5lbs Vegetables 10lbs beef 10lbs pork (mix meat stew)
Third day Meal 5: 15lbs Breakfast ham 5lbs Orange Juice (4 parts water, 1 part citrus fruit) Meal 6: 10lbs bread 10lbs oak seasoned steak
Fourth Day Meal 7: 15lbs citrus fruit 5lbs thin sliced pork Meal 8: 5 lbs vegetables 15 lbs pork ribs
Fifth Day Meal 9: 10lbs citrus fruit 15 lbs steak bites Meal 10: 5lbs orange marmalade (4 parts citrus fruit, 1 part water) 15 lbs steak. Mako is set aside 5lbs of vegetables a day. 12 lbs of water is rationed a day.This leaves 15lbs beef, 40lbs pork, 55lbs citrus fruit, 10lbs vegtables (reserve for mako), 7lbs of flour, 30lbs of the water and the rats.DC 15 Meal1 [roll0]
2 [roll1]
3 [roll2]
4 [roll3]
5 Meal [roll4] Drink [roll5]
6 [roll6]
7 [roll7]
8 [roll8]
9 [roll9]
10 [roll10]

Buickmaster
2013-02-03, 05:01 AM
Failed meal 2 (inedible) meal 5 (1/2 food value drink failed) meal 7 (3/4 food value)You can still talk to me if you want,meals only take 20 mins to an hour to cook

Buickmaster
2013-02-08, 03:05 AM
Castor ends up being bored and decides to help Lucas with the sails any chance he gets.
He also pays a visit to the First mate as soon as he is permitted to by Rose. Now the way I see it there are three ways that this can end for you. The safest way, and the way Mako would probably pay me a couple thousand beli to let her do, would be to kill you and throw you over board. The next option, which I might be persuaded to for a bit of juicy information would to be to let you go as we were about to leave the island that we are headed to, sure we'll get bounties on our heads but hey we're already practically pirates already. If I REALLY like what you say I might even sneak you out while we are still moored at the shoreline.

Cormag81
2013-02-10, 01:55 PM
The first mate looks at you with a completely blank expression. "I don't know nothen and even if I did I wouldn't tell a blasted pirate like you. You killed the captain and the captain was my friend so you are not my friend!" He tries to swing at you but in his weakened state he just tangles himself in the sickbay/first mates rooms hammock.

The first mate has an int score of 6 what exactly are you hoping he will tell you.

Buickmaster
2013-02-10, 09:52 PM
Oh well then. Castor stands the first mate on his feet and shoves him out the door. MAKO! The prisoner is trying to escape.
I didn't know his int score did I?

Esprit15
2013-02-10, 09:59 PM
Hearing the yells, Mako makes a beeline for the room, dagger in hand. "You rang?"

Buickmaster
2013-02-17, 05:45 PM
So what are we going to go with this guy? I could sell him to you. Castor laughs

Esprit15
2013-02-17, 05:57 PM
"I personally would like to see how long he can tread water with no hands," she remarks, spinning the knife in her fingers, "but I suspect the others would object, given their reactions to simply killing the man they mutinied against." Seriously, what did they expect. She gives a cold glare to the man. "So the choice falls to you. Do you want to squeal about what happened, or do you want your tongue to remain in your head?"

Cormag81
2013-02-18, 01:38 PM
The first mate begins to free himself and back away from you at the same time "I won't tell a soul I swear on my mothers grave that I won't tell a soul just don't leave me here. I can't swim. Please please I don't want to get eaten."

Rose silently gets up and leaves the room knowing nothing she says will change what's going on

If anyone else want to join in on the conversation then rose's exit from the room is your way in.

Esprit15
2013-02-18, 01:47 PM
"Promisses are cheap. Though marooning you could work too."