PDA

View Full Version : Male Paladin of Lolth

_felagund
2013-01-15, 06:44 AM
as a dm, i'm considering to create a paladin of lolth character class. is there any ready made stuff here, or should i take fallen paladin as a template and add some flavour?

i want to change lay on hands with bestow poison as dmg/round ability.

Killer Angel
2013-01-15, 06:47 AM
I suggest to pick one of the Paladin Variants (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm). It's srd, so no problem at all.
If you believe it's the case, modify as needed.

ArcturusV
2013-01-15, 06:51 AM
Male Paladin of Lolth. Should probably have the Masochist trait from Book of Vile Darkness. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, the Chaotic Evil Variant Paladin is a good starting place. From there it should just be minor tweaks if any.

Sith_Happens
2013-01-15, 06:53 AM
I'd start with Paladin of Slaughter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#paladinVariantsFreedom SlaughterAndTyranny) and work from there.

EDIT: Double swordsage'd.

Larkas
2013-01-15, 06:54 AM
How should I put this... Lolth doesn't really care about male worship, let alone male clergy. Truly, if a man somehow tried to be part of her clergy, he would find himself in drider form in no time at all. That being said, the best you could do is take Paladin of Slaughter and modify for your needs.

_felagund
2013-01-15, 07:05 AM
Thanks alot guys, i got lots of material and ideas :)

dantiesilva
2013-01-15, 07:11 AM
Do not forget the drow Judicator PrC. It was in the ICC a few months back. It is the embodiment of what I believe you are looking for fully.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-15, 07:32 AM
Do not forget the drow Judicator PrC. It was in the ICC a few months back. It is the embodiment of what I believe you are looking for fully.

Though it -is- kind of a crap prestige class.

I've at least skimmed all of the iron chef contests and Drow Judicator got some real grumbling from the chefs.

KnightOfV
2013-01-15, 10:16 AM
On one hand, Lloth thinks boys are icky and I can't imagine her giving a divine blessing to a male... on the other hand she is as Chaotic as they come and she does love toying with her drow... if I were the DM I would constantly have Lloth give said Paladin 'helpful advice' that coincidently keeps leading to potentially horrible deaths.

But ya, Pally of Slaugther sounds like what you want.

Pathfinder's Anti-Paladin variant is also pretty good

Flawless
2013-01-15, 10:28 AM
How should I put this... Lolth doesn't really care about male worship, let alone male clergy. Truly, if a man somehow tried to be part of her clergy, he would find himself in drider form in no time at all.

In the forgotten realms, there seems to be at least one male priests of lolth, even a high priest at that. Rai-guy (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Rai-guy_Bondalek).

Larkas
2013-01-15, 12:33 PM
In the forgotten realms, there seems to be at least one male priests of lolth, even a high priest at that. Rai-guy (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Rai-guy_Bondalek).

Wow, weird! I wonder if Lolth had anything to do with the red dragon immolating him? :smallbiggrin:

Arcanist
2013-01-15, 12:45 PM
Wow, weird! I wonder if Lolth had anything to do with the red dragon immolating him? :smallbiggrin:

Nope. Pure circumstance (mostly caused by his friend being a Team Killing ****tard)

Larkas
2013-01-15, 12:49 PM
Nope. Pure circumstance (mostly caused by his friend being a Team Killing ****tard)

Weird. Lolth normally wouldn't accept priests, let alone high priests.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-01-15, 04:00 PM
If you are starting post level 6, ask your DM about converting Paladin of Slaughter/Tyranny into PrC form (It barely encroaches on quasi-homebrew territory, as you're not really adding anything new), and then use it to advance Ur-Priest casting. You can easily fluff this as your paladin wanting to prove to the clergy that males can use the divine power of Lolth, just as easily as they can, but you have to steal it, because Lolth won't give it to you.

The standard Ur-Paladin build I use is: Savage Bard 5 (Skills and saves)/Ur-Priest 4(No more, no less)/PrC Paladin of Tyranny/Slaughter 11.

Result: BaB of 17, 9th level cleric spells!!!!, and all that Paldiny goodevilness.

Doxkid
2013-01-15, 04:05 PM
On one hand, Lloth thinks boys are icky and I can't imagine her giving a divine blessing to a male... on the other hand she is as Chaotic as they come and she does love toying with her drow... if I were the DM I would constantly have Lloth give said Paladin 'helpful advice' that coincidently keeps leading to potentially horrible deaths.

But ya, Pally of Slaugther sounds like what you want.

Pathfinder's Anti-Paladin variant is also pretty good

She has a few sons to my memory, so she might have noteworthy male followers through them.

INoKnowNames
2013-01-15, 04:18 PM
.... from what I understand from this thread, this Paladin would be in a culture a bit like the Gerudos, right?

silverwolfer
2013-01-15, 04:19 PM
honestly.. I would think less Pally of Lolth, and more a pally of Selvetarm, as he does the sort of grand champion role , and is more tolerated among the bitch spider queen.

Xefas
2013-01-15, 04:26 PM
I don't know too much of Drow culture, but if Lolth has something against the male sex, if a man proves themselves to be both highly useful and truly devout to her, is there any reason she can't just divinely transgender him? Even if it's through granting a cleric/paladin spell that does so. What level would a spell be, with a range of Personal, that does nothing but permanently change the sex of the target (with a duration of instantaneous, so it can't be dispelled), and can only effect a target a single time, ever? Probably not so high that a paladin couldn't get it.

Anteros
2013-01-15, 04:31 PM
I think it's fairly heavily implied that both Jarlaxle and Drizzt are favored by Lolth. She's more chaotic than anything. I don't see male paladins becoming the norm for her, but I could certainly envision a few running around.

Amechra
2013-01-15, 04:31 PM
That's an idea... I mean, she already makes Driders...

I now kinda want to make a male Cleric of Lolth who uses a DMM Persistant Alter Self in a D&D twist on the ol' "crossdress to gain respect!" plot.

Dispels would be... awkward.

gallagher
2013-01-15, 05:04 PM
If you are starting post level 6, ask your DM about converting Paladin of Slaughter/Tyranny into PrC form (It barely encroaches on quasi-homebrew territory, as you're not really adding anything new), and then use it to advance Ur-Priest casting. You can easily fluff this as your paladin wanting to prove to the clergy that males can use the divine power of Lolth, just as easily as they can, but you have to steal it, because Lolth won't give it to you.

The standard Ur-Paladin build I use is: Savage Bard 5 (Skills and saves)/Ur-Priest 4(No more, no less)/PrC Paladin of Tyranny/Slaughter 11.

Result: BaB of 17, 9th level cleric spells!!!!, and all that Paldiny goodevilness.

If you want to PRC a paladin, they have those! Just use Prestige Paladin and convert the stuff for alignment needs, or use Bone Knight!

Acathala
2013-01-15, 05:33 PM
In Forgotten Realms Lolth has a son(Vhaerun) and a grandson(Selvetarm)..
I'm pretty sure in DotU there is something about male clerics, but I can't remember what it said.

herrhauptmann
2013-01-15, 05:36 PM
I think it's fairly heavily implied that both Jarlaxle and Drizzt are favored by Lolth.
Hunh?
The one had a zin-carla sent after him.
The other leads a group of people that vaguely rebel against her female theocracy of Menzoberranzan (sp).
Both were supposed to be sacrificed to Lolth, which was halted because his older brother died (no need to kill the newborn, not when he's no longer the third son)

She's chaotic, but I don't think she's really gonna be happy with a couple of males thumbing their noses and biting their thumbs at her.

Prime32
2013-01-15, 09:11 PM
The idea is that she loves how Jarlaxle and Drizzt can throw drow society into chaos, or just weed out the weak members for her. Without their occasional intervention, some of the houses' alliances-of-convenience might eventually lead to *gasp* stability.