PDA

View Full Version : Nobilis Edition 3 questions

Evil DM Mark3
2013-01-15, 09:10 AM
OK, so I am more or less ok with how the game works, with only 2 questions that I can't untangle.

1: How do you get Strike? It is just by spending MPs?

2: How exactly do the ratings for the properties of your estates play in? I can find where you use the property with miracles, but not where the actual rating comes in.

Geostationary
2013-01-16, 02:20 PM
OK, so I am more or less ok with how the game works, with only 2 questions that I can't untangle.

1: How do you get Strike? It is just by spending MPs?

2: How exactly do the ratings for the properties of your estates play in? I can find where you use the property with miracles, but not where the actual rating comes in.

1. You get Strike one of two ways: first, you can spend MP in a one-to-one ratio, up to 7 total Strike on a given miracle. The other way is to invoke a Bond that somehow applies to the given situation or miracle; this gives you Strike equal to the Bond rating. Trying to invoke multiple Bonds just defaults to the highest rated Bond if I'm not mistaken. If you invoke Bond(x), you can also spend MP to raise your Strike further, up to 7 total if you find you need/want more. With the exception of Gifts with Strike, you also get an equal amount of Miraculous Edge any time you have Strike.

2. The ratings do a few things- first, you can gain MP up to the property rating if you do something that exemplifies a given Estate property, or if someone targets it for nefarious ends, much like Bonds and Afflictions. You can also regain Will or a full MP refresh, depending on the context and scale of the act. The ratings also reflect the metaphysical "importance" of a property- by rating one property at 4, you more or less state that it's more important to what your Estate is and means than a property rated at 1. This can be helpful for constructing flower rites, as it puts a big sign on your Estate saying "This here's important! Target me!". I won't say they're unimportant, but the actual properties are imho the more important component unless you're in a pinch for MP. Also like Bondflictions, these can be changed at a later date should you so choose.

Hopefully this helps, and good luck with any Nobilis you may play/run.