PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Blind Sorcerer

Zanthy1
2013-01-15, 11:08 AM
In another thread, I saw a character concept that I really wanted to give a try, a blind sorcerer.

I am looking for ideas on how to do this via feats and such. I am planning on focusing on non-targeting spells, obviously, but with a focus on conjuration. Lots of summon monster probably lol.

I want to make this character straight sorcerer, but any helpful feats, spells, and items are greatly appreciated!

Psyren
2013-01-15, 11:14 AM
Sure you don't want to be a Psion instead? They're way better at this sort of thing.

Anyway, I would get a talking familiar (like a raven) that can tell you what it sees. As far as being a summoner, there are lots of summoning-focused PrCs out there like Malconvoker, Paragnostic Apostle, Fiendbinder etc.

Fates
2013-01-15, 12:49 PM
I've played a blind sorcerer before, actually. If you're lucky, you can even get your DM to let you treat blindness as a flaw, and thus start out with an extra feat.

If you're willing to get a tad evil, get yourself animate dead and Eye of the Zombie (I believe it was called) from Book of Vile Darkness. If I recall correctly, it allows you to use a zombie you control as your eyes, and even take direct control of it if you wish. Arcane eye is more reliable, but it also takes 10 minutes to cast and requires you to concentrate to view things.

When I played a blind sorcerer, I ended up taking Craft Wondrous Item, then crafting a Blindfold of True Darkness. This gives you blindsight, which all but negates the penalties of blindness, and even gives you some significant bonuses. (Allows you to detect invisible creatures, discern whether something is illusionary, etc). Plus, it provides a pretty good image.

Also, don't bother taking blind-fight. I know a lot of people are tempted to when playing blind characters, but it's simply not worth it for a sorcerer (or anyone, really). There are plenty of ways to replicate it without using one of the few feats you're allowed as a sorcerer.