PDA

View Full Version : Help with Weeping Angels PF

JBombX
2013-01-15, 02:01 PM
ok so the campaign i'm currently putting on is a pretty intense one. the PCs are constantly outgunned (literally) and outnumbered. they started out as npc classes and went to regular pc classes after reaching lvl 3. right now they have to run through the woods and swamp to reach a certain area, and I thought this could be an interesting chase scene. now I wanted them to not even think of fighting what's coming their way so I thought of wendigo or wraiths as good scary night/ twilight hour go to's. but then I remembered the weeping angels from doctor who.
here's my problem, i'm not exactly sure how to create them. they could easily fit into the story but i'm not sure what powers to replace and such. I know that instead of displacing through time at a touch I want vampiric touch. but other than that i'm at a loss. I don't have much experience with monster creation and I cant go to my normal guy cause he's in the campaign and I want to keep it a secret, so to all of you out there I ask- please help.

LOTRfan
2013-01-17, 08:02 PM
I made this really quickly. Is this good, or is there not enough "wow" factor? I gave them a variant of Darkness so your party could actually fight their living state.

Weeping Angel
Medium Outsider (Native)
Hit Dice: 10d8+30 (75 hp)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), fly 100 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 22 (+4 natural, +8 Dex), Flatfooted 14, touch 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+14
Attack: Claw +14 melee (1d6+4 damage)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +14 melee (1d6+4 damage)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Vampiric Touch, Darkness
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Quantum Lock, Spell Resistance 20
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +9
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 27, Con 16, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 13
Skills: Disable Device +23, Disguise +14. Escape Artist +21, Hide +21, Intimidate +13, Listen +15, Move Silently +21, Open Lock +23, Search +13, Sense Motive +13, Spot +15, Survival +13
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Nimble Fingers
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, or Pack (3-6)
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Challenge Rating: 7
Advancement: 11-20 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: -----

Darkness (Su): Three times a day, a Weeping Angel can create an effect similar to a Darkness spell. This functions exactly as a Darkness spell cast by a 10th level wizard, but the range is 40 ft. rather than 20 ft.

Quantum Lock (Ex): When directly gazed upon, a Lonely Assassin instantaneously transforms into stone. While in this state, a Weeping Angel can perceive what is going on around it but cannot move. It is treated as an object when determining how it is affected by special effects. A Weeping Angel has Hardness 8 and 165 hp while in this state, even if it was damaged in its living state. Each time a Weeping Angel reverts back to its living state and then turned to stone again, it regains any hit points it lost during the last time it was in its stone state. This change is involuntary.

Vampiric Touch (Sp): Three times per day, a Weeping Angel can cast Vampiric Touch as if it was a 10th level wizard.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-01-17, 08:10 PM
Debihuman did a great write-up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6009139#post6009139)a while back, though it may be a bit strong.

Cipher Stars
2013-01-17, 08:13 PM
Well, I have my Bachants.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246645

It's seperated into two, Cursed Bachants who are savage and more weeping angels-like, and the base Bachants who are strong but playable PC-race.

LOTRfan
2013-01-17, 08:33 PM
That is a very good write up. Especially the projection part. I wasn't sure how to include that, but that was a really good one.