PDA

View Full Version : Do you like how the Codex of Spell shaping plays?

bobthe6th
2013-01-15, 05:17 PM
A bit more specific this time.
I have been thinking about a 3.5 fix that just makes all charicters work like martial initiators(with some major changes to make things work). A hombrew sub system that used to be on Briliant gameologists board was basically a eldrich blast based version. I was thinking of using it in a highly modified version to work as the systems "magic" system. I have felt a general aproval of ToB among those who play with the source book, but I wonder if this translates to the Codex.

So the playground, I ask you: Do you like using the codex of spell shaping (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224508)? Have you ever thought of using it outside of hypothetical characters?

chaos_redefined
2013-01-16, 07:47 PM
I haven't played with it yet, but I am looking at asking a DM if I can try it. Since it is messily arranged due to minmax going down, I am trying to make it easier for him to read.

Morcleon
2013-01-16, 07:54 PM
I like it. It's like ToB, but more awesome and more ranged.

I've used it before, and it handles wonderfully. There are some broken combos, but those are mostly when using spellsage, which portrays more the broken-ness of the 3.5 magic system in general. :smalltongue: