PDA

View Full Version : Sawagakure: Team 1(Kurotsuchi & Kyouya)

Togath
2013-01-15, 11:37 PM
With recent events around Fuyu-Numa(largely several missing merchants, and sightings of foreign nin) the village has started to organize some of the more experienced Genin into small teams, to help supplement Sawagakure's shinobi forces.
You find yourselves at the announcement of the teams, after several teams have been formed you hear the Jounin reading a scroll with the team lists announce "Kagami Kurotsuchi and Oonishi Kyouya!"
seemed like a good way to start, in order to allow both of you to introduce your characters

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-16, 12:30 AM
Kagami stretches, ready to prove herself, however, she prefered to be underestimated, so she had her chakra suppressed at the moment, she'd probably have her chakra seemingly down to that of a slightly above average civilian at this point.

She walks over to her partner and says, "Yo, guess we'll be working together from here on out. I'm Kagami, though you probably already knew that."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 02:42 AM
Kyouya tried to mentally prepare himself as most of the crowd stood up and shuffled around him, attempting to ding their new partners. Training on his own could only bring him so far, maybe a partner would be good for him, and he still was not fit to join his brother on his missions. With any luck I'll join someone mannerly and... "Yo." The phrase hit him like a merchant's cart, trampling over his spirit.

However, he did not keep the young woman waiting, and grabbed his kanabo laying next to him as he lifted himself first to a kneeling position, then to a full stand. After latching the weapon's end to the hook at his waist, he gestured to her with a small bow. "Hello, Kurotsuchi Kagami. I am Oonishi Kyouya, first son of Oonishi Takyou and Masami. It is my pleasure to meet you. Did you eat before coming here?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-16, 07:46 AM
"More like an early lunch," Kagami says, "could say my parents are a little overzealous when it comes to my diet," she shrugs, "it's what happens to a first gen ninja from a family that can't mold chakra."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 01:02 PM
"How interesting. My family has produced ninja for generations before my time. Albeit our youth may struggle more than most developing shinobi to control raw chakra, I am sure what you went through is quite different." A look flashed across Kyouya's face, as if he were about to sigh, but he quickly suppressed it. "If your parents do not want you to be out, eating just anywhere I will understand. However, will you at least walk with me as we talk? I am not fond of such crowded and noisy places as this."

I'm guessing you declined Kyouya's invitation? I honestly can't tell.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-16, 01:34 PM
Kagami chuckles, "I know a nice place nearby, it imports from Kusa, Suna, and Tsuchi," she says, "they've got some really exotic stuff there, follow me," she says, releasing her hold on her chakra and using one of her favorite techniques, hovering roughly 3 inches into the air before seeming to just skate through the crowd.

Just giving a display of skills for conversation once we get to the place.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 02:49 PM
"That sounds delightful. Kyouya laughed inwardly as she passed, before following her at a brisk walking pace. As it stands, she and I seem to be black and white. I wonder who was in charge of forming the new teams, he thought to himself until he caught up. "So how did you first discover you can manipulate chakra, being a first generation ninja?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-16, 03:31 PM
"Luck, really. My sensei sensed that my chakra was different from the rest of my family and it went from there," she says, then shrugs, "not much to say beyond that, really. I trained in how to use Chakra, made Genin as a sensor, and have been focusing all my efforts on the techniques I've developed. Including the one I just used a little while ago. I'm the only one that knows it, because I'm the one that invented it. I call it Azakeri Tsuchi, what about you, what's your specialty? You don't need to go into specifics, I know some ninja prefer to keep their full abilities secret, so do I, honestly."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 04:42 PM
"That's tough to answer. As you said we all have our secrets, and revealing mine would be to expose my family as well." Kyouya pauses a moment, mulling over where to begin.

"Admittedly, I was in a very dark place until recently. As a result I am very far behind on my training. My family, though, has become well known for their ability to summon." Kyouya forms a seal with one hand and a small puff of smoke obscures sight around it. Though the haze quickly dispersed revealing a Fuuma Shuriken gripped by the previously empty palm. "Unfortunately, I have yet to summon a living creature," he continued whilst collapsing the weapon and slipping it within his belt. "Familial abilities aside, I have familiarized myself with the kanabo and a few fuuton techniques. However, I still struggle with controlling the chakra within my body, which is why I find it so funny they would pair me with you, someone it appears to come so naturally to."

Kyouya looked ahead, wondering if they were getting close. This time, he lets out a quiet, but audible sigh. "I doubt I will be able to keep my secrets for long from a partner with your talents. When that time comes, I can only ask that you keep my family's secrets in addition to your own." Kyouya formed a small smile at the end, though it wasn't an expression his face was accustomed to.

If you let me know when/if you begin sensing chakra I'll post a description of Kyouya's chakra signature and any chakra used from recent techniques.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-16, 05:45 PM
If you let me know when/if you begin sensing chakra I'll post a description of Kyouya's chakra signature and any chakra used from recent techniques.

She already has Chakra Sensing, as well as Chakra Supressing.
"My sensei says my chakra is exceptionally fluid, probably because I'm a water element, it makes it easy to control. He compares most people's chakra to a gas, hard to contain and control, mine he aligned with liquid. I think he'd say yours would be heated gas, far more energetic and hard to control, or solid, hard to mold but rather potent," Kagami replies, "I'd say to just practice a little, honestly, you don't need much chakra control to be a good ninja, just enough to get by, me being the exception in that I need to have almost perfect chakra control to be an effective ninja at all."

"And don't worry about your abilities, I'll be showing you my own eventually, so I ask you do the same for me," she smiles lightly, "And here we are," she stops in front of a small, cafe-like shop, "we can talk inside."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 08:18 PM
I meant when you begin concentrating activate the sense chakra ability. Regardless I'll work up a description and send it to you either via PM or OOC.

"Haha, then I will keep practicing. Thank you, and of course the favor will be returned." Kyouya says, opening the door for Kagami. "Hmm, I never would have suspected a place like this to have as diverse of a menu as you described." Kyouya would wait until they were seated, and their orders taken before continuing. Most of his questions he was sure he would learn in time, and did not want to risk prying into Kagami's life the first day they met. "What would you like to talk about?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-16, 09:38 PM
"Mostly just curious about yourself and why you think we were teamed up," Kagami says, "you know the usual thing they ask about when forming teams in peaceful times."

Think the intro they do with Kakashi but a little more elaborate.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-16, 11:56 PM
"Well, there is not much about myself to tell. I have almost no time to myself between tradition, training, and missions." Kyouya shifted in his seat as he tried to think of something unique to himself, anything that picked him apart from his family. "Hmm, I'm not particularly fond of anything, but there is nothing I really detest either. I suppose I enjoy writing. I rarely have the time for poetry or theatre, it is mostly writing for others. Typically letters, occasionally contracts or business documents. It may be a side job, but at least my family does not disapprove of it, few people practice writing as an art anymore. Everything else I have done, was for my clan, even becoming a ninja wasn't my decision actually. Kyouya paused to thank the server as their food arrived. "Itadakimasu," he said, enjoying a few bites before talking once more.

"Maybe you noticed, maybe you did not, but I inherited a part of my father's name. Another tradition of first born Oonishi children. There is a lot of pressure for me to take his place to lead the clan someday, and thusly I avoid anything that could get me in trouble with my clan or the village. On that subject, I was brought up to do as I am told. No questions, no hesitation, just action. If those above me feel it best to partner me up, that's what I do." A smirk flashed over his lips as he took his another bite. "However, with all these missing merchants, I do get the feeling something is being kept from us. Perhaps Sawagakure no Sato is not on as good of terms with its neighbors as they would like us to believe.

Sorry, I am not as interesting as you may have hoped. What about about yourself?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-17, 12:40 AM
"That's a horrible way to raise the next clan head," Kagami says, putting her face in her hands, "they need a leader, not a yes man," she says, sounding very sure of what she's saying, "I was in the same boat until my chakra 'woke up', as my sensei likes to say, difference is my family believes in independence and reliance, something that allows a leader to stand alone but with the people they lead."

She sighs, "sorry if that seemed offensive, but it really is one of the worst ways to raise a leader," she shakes her head, "back to the subject at hand, I like tea and unagi," she says, going into her own 'intro' mode, "as well as cooking and gardening. Don't much like red meat and have a dislike those kunoichi that just join for the idea behind it but don't take it seriously. And my main hobby is thinking up and designing new ways to manipulate my chakra."

"As for the missing merchants, I'd guess a missing nin building up supplies or raids from a group of bandits that have had some shinobi training. The only village I can think of that wouldn't like us is Tsuchi, and they'd have a hard time in the swamp because of the difference in environment from what they're used to."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-17, 05:11 AM
"No, feel free to speak your mind. It is not often enough I speak with someone who does so openly, without hiding behind a ritual etiquette." Kyouya responds first with a look of amusement before resuming his dutiful disposition. "Nevertheless, it is not my place to question my family's methods. I was foolish and young the last time I did that, and I can recall my father's words very clearly. 'I must follow the people. Am I not their leader?'" Kyouya waved his hand just then, as if to brush the words away.

"In any case, I am sure we will be paired for a while, and you will have more time to lecture me on how a leader is made. But for now, there are some pretty shady affairs in the village, and you seem to be looking into them rather deeply. I hope you are not thinking about doing anything rash."

Actual quote is credited to Benjamin Disraeli. And yes, (for now) I am purposefully taking it the wrong way.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-17, 02:01 PM
"Not in the least," Kagami says, "I'm not the rash type."

She takes a sip of tea, then chuckles, "you know, I'm surprised you haven't taken note of my ears being pointed," she says, "Most people would have brought it up by now."

Yes, she has elf ears. There's a picture url on the sheet, that's her basic appearance

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-17, 03:49 PM
He tried not to show it, but Kyouya was a little embarrassed when she pointed her ears out to him. He honestly didn't notice anything unusual about her appearance until now. "Yes well, one can grow accustomed to 'strange' sights. It is an occupational hazard for those like us, I suppose. I take it, those ears do not run in the family?"

I actually wouldn't've noticed the link without you pointing it out just now.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-20, 02:33 AM
"From what I've seen, it's completely unique to me," Kagami replies, "I've never even heard of a clan having the trait either. My parents seem to think it's a physical sign that I can use chakra. I don't really buy it. But it does make me stand out in a crowd... speaking of, does your clan have a common trait? Like the Inuzuka of Konoha having those red triangles under their eyes."

Sorry for not responding until now, my subscription didn't update

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-20, 08:56 PM
"You could say that, though it is not as visible as some other clans. It typically does not manifest until after we graduate the academy, with a few exceptions." Kyouya says as he stood up with his back to Kagami and began tracing small, coin sized circles along his spine. He started to explain his action after the second ring. "I do not have a complete understanding why the marks act, or even appear, the way they do, but one could mistake them for birth marks if they had not seen my back as a child." Before sitting back down Kyouya had pointed out eight patches. "I would not mind showing you, if you want to see them. Not here of course, it will have to be some later time. I also have a seal on my chest, but I guess that is not common to the entire clan."

"I may not have noticed your ears, but you seem to be carrying even less than I am. Did you leave your gear at home?"

Yeah, service is bad. I'm going home tomorrow but I have to work too, so I should pick up my posting rate again by tuesday.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-20, 09:12 PM
"I don't carry much equipment in general, I'm planning to pick some up before we head out, mostly medical supplies and soldier pills," Kagami replies with a small grin, "I prefer to travel light, and I haven't earned the family sword yet, which is going to be a big part of my style once I get it," she says.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-21, 05:32 PM
"A family sword? So despite becoming the first ninja your family has produced warriors before you?" Kyouya asked, once more surprised by Kagami. He takes a moment to picture it as he works on his meal, which he had almost finished by now. "Is there a style your family developed to go along with it?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-21, 08:47 PM
"Not warriors, blacksmiths," Kagami says, "The sword was made by the best blacksmith in the family and was her crowning achievement, so to speak. However, it takes chakra to unlock it's full potential," she says, "and it's not really so much a sword as a machete, really."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-21, 11:03 PM
"Have you been trained for your family business as well? It must be difficult to find time to work on ninja training and smithing." Finishing, Kyouya resets his place and pushes it to the side, making room for a losely unraveled scroll. A hand seal and puff of smoke later, a brush and ink stone appeared in his hands. "Oh, I am sorry. You do not mind, do you?" he asks. Unless Kagami was opposed, he would begin sketching stylized characters for "shuriken as he listened to her.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-21, 11:29 PM
"No, my parents pushed me towards ninja training over smithing, I'm not much of a smith either anyway, I don't have the patience for it," Kagami says with a softer smile, "it's been a while since I've done any smithing at all, and I'm afraid I've lost what little skill I had after training to use Chakra," she places down her now empty teacup, "So, would you like to see about getting started on this mission?"

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-22, 02:56 AM
"That sounds like an excellent idea to me." Kyouya said just as he completed his work. Before the ink had time to dry he placed the Fuuma Shuriken he "summoned" earlier on top of it. After weaving a few hand seals to complete the seal on paper, and store the weapon, he collected the entire kit and placed it all in his belt pouch. "I am now ready to go." he announced while he stood up from his seat.

Togath
2013-01-24, 12:07 AM
Heading back to the pre-designated site, you find a simple bulletin board set up, with genin/chuunin rank missions set up on it, intended to serve at practice and help pinpoint the stronger teams.

Sawagakure Genin Missions;

Format;
Type of Mission

description

reward

contact information

Rank D:
Help Wanted!
seeking aid in repairing roofs damaged by the recent storm.
paying 150 Ryo per employee per day.
for more information contact Akuna Jiru
Missing Tracking Hound
I am looking to hire someone to help find my tracking hound Kyu-san.
I last saw him near the north gate.
offering 1000 Ryo to any who can aid me in locating him.
for more information contact Fyujin Mako

Rank C:
Gatherer Wanted!
I am looking to hire someone skilled at tracking or scouting to harvest a new batch of bog-crowns.
I can provide information on their location, as well as a container to help transport them.
Paying 800 Ryo per pound of bog-crowns returned to me.
for more information, contact Wenriji Yukaro

Bounties:
Unknown Nin I(S, BBA);
an unknown nin sighted recently along the south road out of the village.
subject wears a hood and a black cloth mask to hide his or her appearance, but does not appear to be armed.
offering 1500 Ryo
for more information contact Hajime Toradago

Unknown Nin II(BBA, B);
an unknown nin sighted stalking near the main market, subject wears a hood and a black cloth mask to hide his or her appearance, and was reported to carry a kanabo.
offering 1500 Ryo
For more information contact Hajime Toradago

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-24, 12:23 AM
"What do you think?" Kagami asks, "I'm most suited for the bounties or the C Rank, to be honest, what about you?"

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-24, 12:57 AM
"Well, I am still learning how to track effectively, and can only follow clearly laid tracks right now. The bounties may be easier to find with your skill." Kyouya replied, staring at the board. He spoke up again after rereading the missions. "I think we should go after the first unknown ninja, unless you would prefer the C-Rank or other bounty."

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-24, 10:56 AM
"Unless they're good at suppressing their chakra, the bounties should be fine," Kagami replies, "south road of the village, seems interesting, that direction leads to Tsuchi no Kuni (Land of Earth)," she continues, "we'll need to be careful."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-24, 12:31 PM
"Alright," Kyouya says, suppressing his own chakra enough to make it difficult to distinguish between the average citizen. "Did you want to pick up anything before we see this Hajime Toradago?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-24, 02:07 PM
"Not really," Kagami replies, "As I said, I mainly rely on my chakra for battle rather than weapons. I do need to learn a more offensive technique, though..." the last part is quiet, "possible seireiha," she shakes her head and turns to Kyouya, "Let's see what we can learn about this guy."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-24, 03:20 PM
"Sounds good to me." Kyouya said as he looked around. The man they needed to talk to couldn't have gone far since the teams were announced. "Hopefully there aren't very many other squads already after this one," Kyouya said before leaving. Removing the the first ninja hunt from the board, he rolled the paper to place in his belt pouch.

I'm guessing Hajime Toradago is a higher ranked ninja close by bulletin? or otherwise easy to find?

Togath
2013-01-26, 04:24 AM
You are able to find him near the board, looking through a sheath of files.
"you must be one of the new teams...came looking for information on a bounty?"

sorry about the late update, the two most recent posts here weren't showing up for me for some reason

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-26, 12:02 PM
"Yes actually," Kyouya replied. He pulled out the paper he had taken and handed it over. "We would like to go after his one. It notes the target is trained in ninja arts here," he said, pointing to the small mark near the title. "But it does not mention what they are skilled in. What do reports indicate they can do?

Togath
2013-01-27, 06:44 AM
"we're not fully sure currently either to be honest about that one, but at least one person reported the bounty using minor suiton technques, as well as possible knowledge of genjutsu"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-27, 02:21 PM
"Hm, Genjutsu is annoying," Kagami comments, suppressing her chakra down to civilian level, "but easy enough to break, and Suiton... I may have an idea for that if I can get some notes from the research division studying the body," she had learned she was a water element a while back, she wanted to learn how to manipulate water chakra without ninjutsu, "Hopefully I can pull something useful off him once we take him down."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-27, 05:56 PM
Kyouya looks at Kagami, suppressing an expression of confusion. "You are aware that we need to bring the target in alive, right? Loitering, even for a foreigner, is not a cause for capital punishment, but it is enough for questioning." He then turns back to Hajime. "Do we know at what times this person is most active? Kyouya asked, hoping to glean any information that would narrow down their search.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-27, 07:29 PM
"You don't need to die to study the body," Kagami replies, "and if he's a missing nin then that goes out the window since the village they previously belonged too often wants them dead."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-27, 10:50 PM
"Yes, but I hope you can understand my confusion from the phrase 'study the body,'" Kyouya replied. "We do not know that the target is rogue. It is just as likely they are operating under the orders of another village, and even possible they did not originate from a ninja village at all.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-27, 11:34 PM
"My mentor was a pragmatist, he used every advantage he could get, including actually dissected and vivisected his targets to study what they could teach him. He had me sit in on one of his vivisections once, as a test, I failed," Kagami explains, "he cut the guy open while he was still alive and awake and examined everything he could while he was still alive," she continues, "didn't end well for him or me. Though he did give me his notes to make my own conclusions, it's how I developed one of my current techniques," she rubs the back of her head and sweatdrops, "I don't have the taste for the sort of thing my mentor did, sort of glad for that, to be honest. But I can can come up with techniques using principles learned from the body given even the most basic notes."

Togath
2013-01-28, 05:18 AM
"there are...certain things it's best not to talk about in public, miss, if other villages heard about that sort of thing it could tarnish our honor.."
"Regarding the unknown-nin, he has only been sighted during daylight hours, usually trying to ambush small groups traveling the road, though he's yet to kill anyone as far as we can tell, and merely knocks them out and strands them in Fuya-Numa"

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-28, 11:42 AM
"Let me say something my mentor said to me," Kagami says, "We're ninja, honor is a luxury, a luxury we can't always afford to keep around. Other small ninja villages do the same, as do the main ninja villages, he learned how to do that from Kumo, so it's not an uncommon practice, just most people use anesthesia when vivisecting someone. It's the reason we have hunter nin to get rid of the bodies of missing nin and captured shinobi."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-29, 04:23 AM
Kyouya could not contain either his horror or disgust at the practice of Kagami's mentor, but said nothing of it. He thanked Hajime for the information and left toward the southern route. "We are shinobi, not savages. Courtesy in times of peace, especially unstable peace, can not be ignored." He muttered, reaffirming himself of his own teachings. He would not continue to argue over it after that. Kyouya was not going to change his mind, and whether or not Kagami truly agreed with the practice, they were still talking about her teacher, and Kyouya was sure she would defend him if pressed.

Assuming Kagami has no further questions for Hajime and went with Kyouya.
"How would you like to go about this, Kagami? We could wait for someone else to be attacked, or pose as travelers ourselves," he proposed, hoping to get a few ideas tossed around before they got there.

Sorry, the spring semester started today (well yesterday). I haven't had much of a chance to post until now.

EdroGrimshell
2013-01-29, 08:41 AM
Kagami shrugs, "not saying it's right, actually I disagree with him on it, it's why I'm not his apprentice anymore," she replies, "but with him, well, you either get used to the darker side of the ninja arts or you crack under the stress."

"Should probably masquerade, don't want to get civilians caught up in this any more than they already have," Kagami replies, "that or we hitch a ride on a merchant cart. Either way."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-01-30, 03:20 AM
"That is a good idea. If we find a merchant on the way we can tag along with them. Otherwise, the two of us posing as average villagers will hopefully be enough to draw our target's attention. " Kyouya said. With any luck, this could be a textbook mission, and the bounty would be taken in before the end of the day.

Togath
2013-01-30, 05:50 AM
There does not appear to be any merchants traveling through town today, though there are plenty of things that could be used to disguise yourselves, or you could try convincing someone to come along, as the main reason for lack of travel is due to the unknown shinobi there are likely several merchants stranded here.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-01, 03:55 PM
Kyouya was a little disappointed at finding no one to hitch a ride with, but at the same time was relived they didn't have to involve somebody else in their mess to clean up. If we can not draw out the target on our own perhaps we will have to double back and speak with one of our local merchants, he thought to himself while undoing his braid to remove his headband. He looked down at himself, wondering if he should change his clothes. The ensemble didn't scream ninja, but it wasn't entirely inconspicuous.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-01, 10:05 PM
"Looks like we'll need to play as merchants, then," Kagami says with a sigh, pulling her hood up, "I'll see if I can get my parent's cart for this thing."

Togath
2013-02-03, 01:36 AM
Wandering around, you notice a boy from the Academy, Miyamoto was it?,
he seems a bit lost and wanders towards you.
OOC: Stolich vanished, so I'm having whitemage join you two.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-03, 02:26 AM
Wandering around, you notice a boy from the Academy, Miyamoto was it?,
he seems a bit lost and wanders towards you.
OOC: Stolich vanished, so I'm having whitemage join you two.

You mean Deth right?

Togath
2013-02-03, 02:48 AM
You mean Deth right?

aye, sorry, I'm getting a bit tried:smallredface:

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-03, 03:20 AM
"Should I come with you, or would you rather speak with your family alone?" Kyouya asked shortly before noticing the boy coming their way. he thought he recognized him from the assembly of genin earlier that day, but he wasn't armed then. Kyouya would not have forgotten a sword that large. "Excuse me one moment." he said to Kagami before hearing her reply, and walked off.

Kyouya moved straight toward Katsumi, but did not speak out until he was only a few arm lengths away. "I must apologize, but I can not seem to remember your name. Mine is Oonishi Kyouya. I do remember, however, seeing you earlier today. Were you not assigned a partner?"

dethkruzer
2013-02-03, 06:54 AM
"Shogo? Shogo, where on earth did you run off to?" Katsumi called out in vain for his missing partner. He noticed the duo that approached him, and could recognize one of them, the other, not so much.

"Miyamoto, Katsumi Miyamoto." The young man introduced himself. "And for my partner... I was assigned one, but he just wandered off somewhere while I was looking at the bulletin board. Which does remind me, have you seen him by any chance? His name is Sugimura Shogo, a bit shorter than my, black hair, and... I think his eyes were brown.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-03, 12:49 PM
"You should come along," Kagami says just before the new guy comes around.

"No, we haven't, not lately anyway," Kagami says, "we're actually about to head out for a bounty, wanna come? We need to act like a merchant caravan, and having someone else on board would help sell the charade."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-04, 02:09 AM
"Shogo will turn up eventually, I am sure. We can speak with someone in charge after our mission if you would like. Perhaps things will be cleared up then." Kyouya said with some discomfort from the slight breeze blowing his hair into his mouth. "Though we still have one more stop to make before we can go, should you decide to accompany us."

dethkruzer
2013-02-04, 05:08 AM
"Sure, I'll come along, seeing as finding Shogo would be about as easy as finding a needle in the proverbial hay stack." He said, dropping down onto one knee and making sure the bandages wrapped on his feet were wrapped nice and snug. "So what's the plan, I'm guessing you'll be going after one of those unknown shinobi?" Katsumi then proceeded to inquire as he got back up.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-04, 11:51 AM
"Yes, this one seen looming around the southern road." Kyouya replied, as he handed the bounty post he had taken earlier to the other boy. "There is not much information there and Hajime was not able to add much more. However, he was able to tell us the target employs suiton ninjutsu, with a possibility of genjutsu," Kyouya summed up. He waited for Katsumi to finish reading over the bounty before continuing. "Though this bounty has been a nuisance for the village, they have yet to kill anyone, which is probably why they entrust genin to this mission. Still, do not let down your guard. The target may become desperate if we get the jump on them, so we decided against asking a real merchant to come with us. Kagami has volunteered her cart, assuming her folks relent, to make the facade believable. We are on our way to get it now."

”Unknown Nin (S, BBA);
an unknown nin sighted recently along the south road out of the village.
subject wears a hood and a black cloth mask to hide his or her appearance, but does not appear to be armed.
offering 1500 Ryo
for more information contact Hajime Toradago”

dethkruzer
2013-02-04, 05:01 PM
The swordsman nods, before bringing his right forearm in front of his mouth, catching the dangling end of the bandage with his teeth, and gave it a quick yank, putting a bit more pressure on his arm. He then flexes his fingers a few times, before letting go of the bandage and tugging the end underneath a few layers of the cloth. "Sounds like a plan."

Togath
2013-02-07, 05:22 AM
*assuming you head to Kamgami's house*
The property is somewhat busy today, with family talking about the recent drafting of extra genin, and you are able to overhear at least one rumor of political tension between Kaminar no Kuni and Mizu no Kuni, and possible threats of war from both sides..

You are able to get permission to borrow the cart easily enough though, since Kagami's family is more worried about the threat of war than their cart.

dethkruzer
2013-02-08, 04:04 PM
With a cart secured, Katsumi can barely contain his excitement. "Well, we have the cart, bu we have any plan off action in case our Mark decides to show up?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-08, 04:43 PM
Kagami comes out of the house in a different outfit, consisting of a bandana, a worn grey shirt that looks like it had been white at some point, and a pair of sturdy pants, "yea, fool him and sneak attack him as soon as he's close enough. If that doesn't work, well, that's what improvisation is for. Though if you have any ideas I'd be happy to hear them, since having a plan and not needing to use it is better than having no plan and needing one."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-10, 03:37 AM
"Our knowledge is lacking too much to develop a half decent plan. Our target has not been seen with allies and has yet to attack Sawa nin. With this," Kyouya tapped the edge of the cart with one hand, "we should be able to get the jump on them." He paused his speech noticing Kagami's new outfit. When he decided against changing himself, he turned to look over Katsumi. "That blade of yours will give us away, and it is far too massive for me to compact. I hope you don't mind concealing it within the cart, or simply hiding altogether. Unless, of course, you have your own method of hiding it on your person."

dethkruzer
2013-02-10, 11:19 AM
"Out of sight..." he says, drawing thelarge sword strapped to his back. "... Out of mind." Katsumi continues, slipping the sword into the cart.

"I still have enough weapons on my person that I'll probably be fine even I don't have one of them on me." He then says, a self-assured grin on his face..

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-10, 01:14 PM
"I'll keep my senses open while we're travelling, act as a bit of a warning system."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-10, 11:02 PM
"Good thinking." Kyouya said as he placed his kanabo in the cart as well. He then picked up the cart's end to pull it behind him when they left.

Just throwing it out there, but Kyouya's chakra signature comes off as faint right now, and I think Kagami is still suppressing chakra too.

Togath
2013-02-11, 05:12 AM
*if you guys are ready to set off*
after about ten minutes of moving along the road you notice some chattering sounds, and the whispering of leaves from the tree's behind you, following at about the same pace as you are moving down the road, though nothing has attacked yet, despite nearing the region where several of the attacks took place.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-12, 09:24 PM
"Ignore the rustling leaves around us. With these rumors of a masked man kidnapping people and leaving them in the swamp nobody has been traveling this path. Naturally the wildlife is moving in, there is nobody actually attacking people." Kyouya said, not buying into his own story. He shot a glance to Kagami, hoping she could detect the chakra signature and confirm that what was following them was, in fact, human and most likely their target. We probably should have thought of a signal before coming this way, he thought to himself.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-12, 09:40 PM
Kagami concentrates for a few moments, trying to sense any chakra sources nearby beyond her companions.

dethkruzer
2013-02-13, 12:02 PM
Katsumi silently hummed a tune as he walked, feigning inattentiveness, but still tried to keep his eyes and ears open for anything.

Togath
2013-02-16, 03:43 AM
The rustling continues, though it catches up with you when Kagami starts trying to locate chakra.
-Kagami:
you sense a large number of very weak chakra signatures moving through the tree branches in erratic patterns. A few seconds after you begin searching they start to circle the party.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-16, 10:41 AM
Kagami knocks weakly on the wood of the cart a few times, equal to the number of enemies, she keeps the cart moving for now.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-17, 03:35 PM
Kyouya made a mental note of each thump on the cart.One, two... It could be troublesome to fight against a large number of enemies, but with this many to capture only a few passers by they must either be on to our ruse or unconfident in their own skill. Still, without knowledge of who (and even what) they were Kyouya decided to simply continue pulling the cart and avoid making the first move.

Togath
2013-02-18, 05:39 AM
After a few more minutes of pulling the cart, you've reached a somewhat flooded stretch of road and a light drizzel has started.
The chakra signatures can still be sensed, and the leaves of the trees where they are are now moving as if in heavy wind.

dethkruzer
2013-02-19, 08:34 AM
"Well, this isn't good, should we look for a way around, or do you just want me to help you with pulling the cart?" Katsumi says, stopping and turns his attention to Kyouya.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-19, 05:06 PM
"No, it isn't," Kagami says, looking towards each of the signatures in turn, channeling a small amount of chakra to each of her hands, "let's clear the path," she says, meaning the things surrounding them, she couldn't say if they were ninja, civilian bandits, or just animals, but the low level of chakra pointed to animals or bandits.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-19, 06:54 PM
Kyouya tilted the cart forward to place the handle gently on the ground. "Alright then. That would be preferable to returning the cart water damaged," Kyouya agreed as he stood back up. He forms two separate seals with each of his hands conjuring a rapier in hand and a shortsword within easy reach of himself or Katsumi.

Using Kyonshi-Haji, holding the charge. Costs 3CP and breaks my chakra suppression.

dethkruzer
2013-02-20, 07:18 AM
Katsumi nods with a grin, reaching to his waist and drawing his chisa-gatana. He then looks at his two companions for a brief moement, before turning his attention to the trees, trying to see anything out of place.

Togath
2013-02-21, 04:34 AM
as weapons are drawn the noise stops and the trees become still and a rain of small dark purple leaves begins to fall around you, each posessing a tiny chakra signature.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-21, 12:43 PM
Kagami's eyebrow twitches, "I meant subtly," she says before making a ram seal, "KAI!" then she looks directly at each of the signatures, "You can come out now, we've been able to sense you for a while."

Genjutsu Kai
Can automatically perform it, costs 2 Chakra Points.

Note, this is a precautionary measure.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-22, 01:50 AM
Noticing Kagami's quivering brow, Kyouya raised an eyebrow of his own. "Perhaps if you had not taken the time to look toward our pursuers individually we could continued to go about it inconspicuously." he retorted. He used his free hand to brush off shoulder as a leaf fluttered near it. Though its motion made it difficult to see clearly, he hoped to manage a good look at the oddly colored leaf.

Spot
[roll0]

dethkruzer
2013-02-22, 06:02 AM
"Genjutsu? Sneaky little devils." Katsumi muttered, gripping his weapon tighter and slowly moving towards the back end of the cart.

Togath
2013-02-22, 06:02 AM
Brushing it aside you notice that it appears to be two leaves held together like tiny wings... a resemblance which becomes clearer when they start to take to the air in a swarm, tiny wings causing a humming noise as they start to collect into a thick cluster behind the wagon near Katsumi.

-----

roll initiative.
the swarm passes this round(as it's still assembling), though I will roll initiative here for use when it's action next comes up.
[roll0]
edit: managesd to somehow post at the same time as dethkruzer, edited in relevent information:smallsmile:.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-02-25, 01:43 PM
Kyouya picks the handle back up and turns the cart in place as he moves beside Katsumi, until it is perpendicular to the road to act as a barrier between the flooded road and the two young shinobi. "Keep in mind, the target is trained in suiton," he said as he turned to face the swarm, "Try to avoid moving combat farther down the road." He would have liked to ignite the air around the swarm, but at this point it still wasn't worth losing concentration on his current technique.

I know the water is* rushing towards us, I just want some cover if the mark is hiding nearby to blast us with a suiton technique. I'm unsure what actions I actually took, but it seems like a move action to grab the cart, and another move action to turn it as I move is appropriate, let me know otherwise.

Initiative count
Swarm
Kagami (in limbo)
Kyouya
Katsumi

*meant to say isn't

Togath
2013-02-27, 05:27 AM
Kayouya is able to move the cart to provide shelter from the water, and the swarm is still building, so Katsumi is up next.(I may need a day or two to decide what to do with Kagami, whether to turn her into an npc, or just remove her)

dethkruzer
2013-02-27, 12:40 PM
"Consider it done." Katsumi said, smirking, before taking a two handed grip on his weapon. He then takes a few running steps toward the assembling swarm, before attempting to delivr a wide horiozntal slash.

Chisa-gatana attack roll: [roll0]
Chisa-gatana damage roll (+1 for two-handing): [roll1]

Togath
2013-03-04, 04:34 AM
You hit, though the sword passess through parts of the swarm, sending a small stream of the odd leaves rushing towards your arms, dealing [roll0]cold damage.

ooc: your attack hit and delt 5 damage, and the swarm used it's action to make an attack.
Kyouya is up next

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-04, 01:42 PM
Kyouya slides his weapon beneath the sash tying his robes together as he steps closer to his teammate and prepares to weave a short skein of hand seals. “Katsumi,” he calls out, “I want to try dispersing these insects, but I have no technique that can do that without catching you in it as long as you are so close to the swarm.”

I’m assuming the swarm enveloped Katsumi to deal damage, if not I’ll move to a position to blast it with hitting him (and the orange text above can be ignored).

Ready Action: Use Enma Ibuki when Katsumi tells me he's ready (if he wants to move or not).
[roll0] vs Fortitude
[roll1]x5ft
[roll2] vs Reflex
[roll3] Fire (x1.5 swarm area vulnerability)
[roll4] Acid (x1.5 swarm area vulnerability)

EDIT: Still not used to this forum, and screwed up the dice roller again. I'll make a post with the rolls in the OOC.

dethkruzer
2013-03-06, 02:49 PM
Katsumi takes half a step back, biting his teeth. He grips his chisa-gatana tighter, before letting go with one hand. Her performs a few simple half-seals, drawing out his chakra. "Kenjutsu: Gekisai!" He calls out, stepping forward and slashing with his blade. He then takes a few steps back. "Now!" He cries out to Kyouya

Tapping reserves for 2 points, as a swift action while performing half seals, DC 15: [roll0]

Using Kenjutsu: Gekisai, automatic success of performing.
Target knocked back 5 ft. if attack hits.
Chisa-gatana attack roll: [roll1]
Chisa-gatana damage roll: [roll2]

Moving 15 ft. away from the swarm.

Togath
2013-03-09, 05:24 AM
Katsumi's attack flashes by the leaves, only managing to nip one or two.
As he jumps back, none follow him too far, and as Kyouya lets forth a blast of energy, the remaining leaves crisp and wither, falling to the ground with a small clattering sound.

---

ooc: Kyouya's attack finishes off the swarm, and you each gain 225xp.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-11, 01:13 AM
"I think it is safe to assume that our mark is aware of our presence and now knows what we look like." Kyouya says. He didn't expect their target to still be nearby, nonetheless he looked around the area before approaching the insects. "Our intel has nothing about these bugs. It could be the person we are after, but for safety's sake I will assume we are dealing with a group, especially since this is not the only shinobi causing problems for our village." Kyouya was troubled their opponent didn't use anything he could expect, namely suiton and genjutsu. It was even possible they weren't even nearby, and acted remotely through these insects. As he reflected, Kyouya knelt down and examined the remains. Occasionally he would reach out to the most intact husks he could find and placed them in his belt pouch."Will you be fine? Or rather I should ask, do you believe these insects could be poisonous?"

Spot (quick look around before dropping my guard)
[roll0]

At this point we can continue, hoping to find a way to our target, or go back and see if we can lease a tracking hound using these bugs as the scent marker. I don't have any solid ideas so I'm all ears.

Togath
2013-03-12, 05:26 AM
You are only able to spot small pieces of torn wood in the nearby waters.. it appears that some of the disapearances may have been done using that swarm of leaves..
Along the road from the village you hear footsteps coming towards you, though they're still at least a hundred feet off.

dethkruzer
2013-03-13, 02:27 PM
"I barely felt a thing." Katsumi replies with a self-assured smirk, before sheathing his weapon and flexing his fingers. He then goes for the cart, picking up his fullblade and propping it onto his shoulder. "The enemy is probably still nearby, we might still be able to catch it."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-13, 05:23 PM
"You can go ahead. Just be sure to leave me a clear trail to follow." Kyouya replied as he gathered his things as well, but unlike Katsumi, he placed his weapons inside the cart. He couldn't follow tracks yet but Kyouya was sure he could find his partner if marks were cut into the trees for him. "I want to see who is approaching, considering how few travelers pass through these days. Plus, I might as well take a better look at the wreckage in pool behind us before I go, but I will catch up..." Kyouya paused to again suppress his chakra* to a faint glimmer, and with no visible ninja equipment, he went about collecting stray fragments of wood. He wondered... if these were the remains of another kidnapping that took place just before they arrived.

*EDIT: Word added. Honestly can't proof read my own material to save my life. :smallsigh:

Togath
2013-03-15, 09:29 AM
After about a minute the person creating the footsteps finally comes into view, a person dressing in simple brown and green clothes and wearing a very dark(nearly black) brown hood and a matching cloth mask.
He--or she, you suppose, since you can't determine the figure's gender through it's outfit--seems slightly surprised that the swarm didn't disable you and stands there waiting to see how you react.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-17, 11:54 PM
Kyouya walked closer, getting out of the water, and stopped a step behind Katsumi. "You must be the cause of the rumors spreading about this route. Well, I suppose that is why I asked this guy to come with me on this trek." Kyouya said, making a small hand gesture to Katsumi when he referred to "this guy." "Since we are chatting," Kyouya began, leading up to the big question. "Why are you kidnapping villagers just to leave them in the swamp?"

dethkruzer
2013-03-19, 02:40 PM
The shinobis Muscles tensed up as the person stepped into view."Is that our target?" He asked Kyouya, not taking his eyes of the person who had appeared.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-20, 10:33 AM
“Ah,” Kyouya said affirmatively. He kept his voice down to avoid interrupting the person standing across from them before he got his answer. “That seems to be the case.” Kyouya could feel a battle coming, and he knew Katsumi felt the same. But for now he wanted answers, so he kept an eye out for the water behind, and his eyes focused on their opponent’s hands.

Togath
2013-03-24, 05:48 AM
after a long pause of silence, the figure begins to speak, albeit at a slow pace, "There are reasons.. And orders.." it says in it's monotone voice as it draws out a small bomb of some sort.

ooc:
combat may begin now, though it hasn't thrown whatever it's holding yet, and it currently waiting to see how you react.
Unknown Nin's initiative:[roll0]

WhiteMageSavant
2013-03-25, 02:22 AM
"If you wish not to say anything, then why choose to speak with me at all?" Kyouya asked. He could not tell if the enemy had identified him as a shinobi, or if they assumed the swordsman standing next to him was a hired guard. However, having led much of the conversation, if it could even be called that, Kyouya was definitely a target now and he prepared himself for another battle, keeping an especially close eye on the foe's held object.

Initiative: [roll0]

OOC: If I go before the enemy, I will ready an action to use tengukaze if they attempt to throw the thingamabob in my direction, hopefully either destroying it or knocking it aside in the process. I will also use my move action to stand beside the cart.

dethkruzer
2013-03-25, 01:57 PM
"Hmmm... You might want to come with us peacefully, I'd rather not have this turn messy." Katsumi then spoke, taking a tighter grip of his fullblade, his muscles tensing up like a spring under pressure.

Initiative: [roll0]

dethkruzer
2013-04-01, 12:19 PM
Without saying a word, Katsumi slips his large blade into it'sholster, and slowly begins channeling chakra into his right hand, waiting for the potential enemy to make their move.

Sheathing the Fullblade as a move action

Readying to use Raikousen no Jutsu if the mystery ninja does anything obviously hostile.

Performs automatically, Ranged touch attack to hit: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1] electricity damage
Fortitude save, DC 15 to avoid being stunned for one round

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-01, 12:51 PM
Kyouya slips past Katsumi as the blade is stowed to gain as much cover as he could by positioning the cart between the hostile ninja and himself. Keeping a watchful eye on his opponent, Kyouya began molding his own chakra and preparing to sign a basic string of hand seals if he saw anything coming their way.

Move: Stand behind cart. Hoping to gain what little combat advantage is available.
Attack: Ready Tengukaze if anything comes down the road in Katsumi and my direction, ie ranged attacks; the thing in their hand; or even if they were to advance towards us.
Damage: [roll0] wind damage (no save)
Knockback: [roll1] x5ft into the air, Fortitude DC 15 negates.
If something is thrown or shot this should make the attack miss.
Cost: 2 Chakra

Togath
2013-04-01, 09:44 PM
"Messy?, It'll be perfectly clean" says the figure as he quickly drops the bomb unleashing a cloud of smoke, quickly dispersed by Kyyouya's jutsu.
Both of your jutsus appear to have hit, him and he's momentary stunned with his hand stuck halfway through the signs for Kawarimi.

dethkruzer
2013-04-03, 05:30 PM
Katsumis body tensed up as the opponent was off guard due to ray of electricity that had leaped from his finger. He grasps his sword with his right hand, while forming a simple hand seal with his left. His muscles twitched as he began to force his body past it's limits, his face turning slightly red, and veins in his neck bulging. "Kai-mon..." He slowly intoned as he drew the fullblade with one hand, his left hand trembling from the strain. "KAI!" He then called out, several veins on his forehead bulging as he sprung forward, taking a solid grip of his massive blade, bringing himself close to the mystery-nin.

Performing Kai-mon Kai as an Attack action
Performs automatically, Katsumi takes 2 points of damage.
Drawing Fullblade as part of moving next to target, assuming a land speed of 50 ft is enough.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-03, 07:56 PM
Kyouya runs in after Katsumi. Forming a peculiar half seal with his left hand while closing in toward his frozen foe. "Cut off his retreat if you can," he called out to Katsumi. Kyouya then raised his right hand to an even level with his left, as if to complete the seal, but shifted it to an open palm as he stepped in front of the masked shinobi. "Kyonshi... Haji!" he cried as he reached out to tap his unwavering opponent.

Move action: Move up to the masked ninja. (considering Tengukaze's close range I might be close enough.
Attack Action: Kyonshi-Haji, Cost: 3 Chakra
[roll0] Touch Attack
Will Save DC 15 vs Stun
I forgot we're using saving scores last round, if you still wish to use it I'll make a roll now too, instead of the above Will Save.
[roll1] vs Will Score.

Togath
2013-04-07, 05:37 AM
As Katsumi rushes forward, the unknown nin looks a bit worried, likely do to lack of skill at close range combat, though he still manages to dodge Kyouya's lunge before making a sweeping attack of his own.
---
*I'd forgotten about the saving scores rule as well[been a bit tired], so we could just go with the normal method if you'd refer(I'd be fine with doing so).

OOC: the Katsumi's attack misses and the unknown nin makes a trip attempt against him on his action; [roll0]

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-07, 11:41 AM
Kyouya stifled the frustration of missing with his favorite technique, and his dwindling chakra. Determined to conserve what remained, Kyouya clenched his fists to attack. With just a simple jab, he aimed for less vital areas on the masked shinobi, the target was wanted alive after all.

[roll0] unarmed attack
[roll1] nonlethal damage

Togath
2013-04-10, 10:31 AM
The shinobi ends up off balance, as it fails to trip up Katsumi, taking a fullblade to the stomach for his troubles and falling over, not dead, just rattled., though he manages to roll out of the way of Kyouya's strike, just barely, and smearing the ground with a light trail of blood from his wound.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-10, 12:25 PM
EDIT: Removed. Think I jumped the gun actually. It's Katsumi's turn, then the opponent, right?

dethkruzer
2013-04-10, 02:16 PM
[OOC: I'm pretty sure we both wen't before the enemy, and the turn order has been semi-fluid anyways.]

His muscles still rippling with power, Katsumi slid his feet into a wider stance, as to not be knocked off balance by the momentum of his massive blade. Seeing the opponent just about ready to go down, he turns his wrist and brings his fullblade upon his foe again, attempting to strike with the flat of the blade.

Fullblade nonlethal Attack roll: [roll0]
Fullblade nonlethal damage: [roll1]

Togath
2013-04-12, 11:20 PM
The sword's flat connects[at least if I got the math right] knocking the shinobi down and out, at least as far as you can tell from a glance.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-13, 01:45 AM
Kyouya wastes no time pulling his calligraphy kit out of his belt pouch and rushes over to the shinobi to check thier pulse.

Assuming nothing happens
"I am going to seal this person's chakra away, temporarily. Just in case they regain consciousness on the way back. Do you mind keeping an eye out for the next minute or two while I work?" Kyouya asked Katsumi as he pulled down the shinobi's hood and prepared to scribe the seal on their forehead."

dethkruzer
2013-04-13, 08:17 AM
Assuming Nothing happens
As the situation calms down, so does Katsumi, his skin regaining it's original complexion, and the previously bulging veins returning to normal. He nods approvingly to his partner. Picking up his large blade, he perches it onto his shoulder, breathing heavier than usual.

Voluntarily ending Kai-mon Kai.
Fortitude save to resist being fatigued, DC 15: [roll0]

Togath
2013-04-17, 01:43 AM
The unknown nin doesn't react as Kyouya starts to draw the runes on him.
with his mask pulled back it can be seen that he is male, at least as far as you can tell, and his teeth are oddly pointed, like those of a bear, and his face is covered in old scars.

-Kyouya:
you are able to drain 7 chakra

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-17, 04:00 PM
Kyouya almost seemed… disappointed the seal took to its host so quickly, but he spoke nothing of it. Instead he went about the area collecting his various weaponry to place in the cart. Before doing anything else, Kyouya made certain to return his kanabo to his hip where it belonged, and then pulled the cart over to where he left his teammate. Unless Katsumi decided to do something with him while Kyouya was wandering around, he would then load the unknown man into the cart to bring him back to the village with less effort. ”I know we both were enrolled in the academy at the same time, but that does not excuse my earlier lack of introduction,” Kyouya said extending a hand to Katsumi. ”I am Oonishi Kyouya, first son of Oonishi Takyou and Masami. Seeing as both our assigned partners left inexplicably, I hope the two of us will be able to work well together in the future.”

dethkruzer
2013-04-18, 11:45 AM
"Katsumi Miyamoto, of Kumogakure. Working together will be an honor and a priviledge." He smiles, shaking Kyouyas hand. Letting go after a moment, Katsumi walks over to the cart, reaching into his larger belt pouch and pulling out a set of handcuffs. "You can never be too careful, right?" He asked, although not really expecting an answer, before cuffing the mystery ninja.

Togath
2013-04-19, 09:46 PM
The trip back to sawagakure is fairly uneventful, and the unknown nin doesn't awaken.
Assuming you head back to Toradago, he is standing near the door with a worried look on his scarred face.
When you two come near he moves forwards and asks, '"are you uninjured? We just identified the-" stopping when he notices the shinobi handcuffed to the cart, "you actually caught him?" continues Toradago, , "I'll call off the manhunt for him then, meet me inside in a few minutes and we can talk" he says, carrying the unknown shinobi over his shoulder into the guard station, "and here, this's the bounty, though I hadn't been expecting any actual progress, this soon anyway" he says, a bit of cheer sneaking into his normally stern tones as he tosses you two a small pouch.
---
you've received a pouch with 1500 ryo, or 750 split evenly.
---

WhiteMageSavant
2013-04-20, 02:24 AM
Kyouya considered sealing the coin purse and giving the scroll containing it to Katsumi, so that neither boy could take from it before they could find a less public spot to split their earnings. But the idea was quickly discarded when he thought about how this lack of trust would affect their ability to work as a team, so he decided to let Katsumi hang onto it until then while he found a spot to park the cart. Eventually he followed Toradago inside, with a slight spring in his step from the older man's contagiously good mood. Kyouya couldn't know for sure the specifics involving the recent squad changes and why the genin were being tested, but they seemed to pass and that was all that mattered for now.

dethkruzer
2013-04-20, 05:38 PM
Katsumi nods approvingly to the situation, slipping the pouch onto his belt, letting it stay in plain sight. "Just doing what I can to help, although I would like those cuffs back if you don't mind." He mentions, a bit sheepishly.

Togath
2013-04-30, 12:00 AM
"no problem.. if it leads to more progress." he says as another guard takes the unknown nin for questioning, "might as well tell you this now, given that you've proved useful, and I'd hate t see lads like yourselves end up cannon fodder" he says, his tone returning it's it's normal sternness, "things have become.. shaky.. between our land of lightning, and a few other territories recently.. that's pretty common news.. but recently an assassination attempt was made on Mirushu-sama.. he survived.. just barely, and we caught the shinobi responsible.. after interrogating him for a few days he let slip that he originated from the land of waves, and said that there were more to come, both to finish our leader, and remove himself.. we thought little of this, until the shinobi was found dead; neck slit, and his entire body shriveled into a husk in his cell a few days later despite the cell being at least as guarded as our leader himself" he stops for a moment to sigh, "since then, we've been receiving threats, as has most of our land, that a war is coming.. and the capitol ordered the smaller villages, including ours, to start training genin for roles as soldiers, should a war arise.. though higher ranks were on a more case by case basis, which is why I suspect Mirushu ordered us to put these missions onto a public bulletin, in order to give our genin a chance to escape a fate as under-trained soldiers in a war, should it occur."

WhiteMageSavant
2013-05-01, 01:15 PM
Kyouya was uncertain what to make of Toradago’s news, but was thankful to be apprised, from what he could tell, more-so than a majority of the newly formed genin teams. The near assassination on their leader meant the village’s enemies, and thus his enemies, were powerful which gave him yet another reason to work hard in the missions ahead. “Does your telling us this information mean you have a specific task for us in mind, Toradago-sensei, or should we continue accepting missions off the bulletin?” Kyouya asked the experienced shinobi.

dethkruzer
2013-05-01, 01:52 PM
Katsumi seemed like he was about the say something, but fell silent, simply nodding instead. Tension between the territoies was something he more or less expected, but for the situation to have escalted as it had, it befuddled him. "Escape, as in the proverbial sense of having actual experience or..." He asked, before cutting the sentence short, shaking his head. "Just forget I even asked." The boy uttered.

Togath
2013-05-07, 12:09 AM
"I'd planned for the genin to take mission from the bulletin board for a while, sicne it helps get your count up.. And it's easier to convince other villages that a team has become chunin if the members have further experience.." says Toradago, before pausing, "however.. it may be best to report this to Mirushu-sama first.."

dethkruzer
2013-05-10, 05:27 PM
After a moment Katsumi nods again. "Alright, Will you need us to accompany you then?" He asks.

Togath
2013-05-12, 01:49 AM
"I need to stay here while we process this nin.. figured it would be useful to use you as messengers while I'm occupied, and delivering the news of you're mission personally might help raise your reputation around here, with Mirushu-sama at least"

dethkruzer
2013-05-15, 02:34 PM
katsumi nods to the man before turning to face Kyouya. "Shall we?" he asks.

WhiteMageSavant
2013-05-18, 12:30 PM
"Certainly," Kyouya replied, "I just need to make one stop on the way," he continued, referring to the cart. In all honestly, Kyouya was nervous about meeting Mirushu, and would use the extra time to review his etiquette before arriving.

Back online. Moving my grandparents from Arizona to California is done with so I should be on more reliably now.

Togath
2013-05-22, 01:35 PM
Dropping off the cart is rather uneventful, as it wasn't damaged nothing seems especially amiss about it.
You are able to quickly find Mirushu's place, a short two story wooden building.
At the entrance(a rather normal doorway, closed via a sliding door) stands a guard of some sort, dressed in brown and white coloured clothes, though you don't remember seeing him around town before.

dethkruzer
2013-05-27, 01:33 PM
Katsumi seems to hesitate for a moment, but then steps forward to address the guard. "Excuse me, but would Mirushu-sama happen to be here right now. Toradago-sama sent us to relay a message, I imagine it's most urgent."

Togath
2013-05-27, 09:04 PM
"Yes, I believe he is.. come this way then" says the guard, hesitating oddly before answering. He then leads you into the main room and through a few hallways, before the group reaches a closed paper door. "He should be through here.. I'll keep an eye out here for anyone suspicious"