PDA

View Full Version : Converting actions 3e=>3.5e

ko_sct
2013-01-15, 11:58 PM
OK, so here's the thing, I was reading savages species, which is 3.0, but most of it was never reprinted so it can normally be used in 3.5.

Now the thing is, a few feats mention; as an attack action, you can blah blah blah...

At first I though it meant something along the lines of; you can do this instead of normal attacks. But after further reading, it seems to be equivalent to a standard action, kind of breaking the build idea I had.

In short, when updating from 3.0 to 3.5 does an attack action means a standard action or does it means it replace an attack (so it could be used many times by full-attacking or using cleave and the likes) ?

andromax
2013-01-16, 12:01 AM
I believe an Attack Action can be an attack iterative from a full attack, an AoO, or a standard action... I'll look for citations to back that up.

andromax
2013-01-16, 12:29 AM
ATTACK ACTIONS
These are the most common, straightforward actions that a character
or creature might take to attack. More specialized attack actions are
mentioned in Miscellaneous Actions, page 127, and covered in
Special Attacks and Damage, page 134.
Attack
The attack action is a standard action. You can move and then make
a single attack, or attack and then move.

Well, being unfamiliar with 3.0, I figured I should check there and don't I think it couldn't get any more cut and dry. Sorry.

ko_sct
2013-01-16, 01:03 AM
Thank you.

Ho well, i guess that mean I can't combine Area attack, chiken infested and greater cleave to make arbitrary large amount of area damage :smallfrown: