PDA

View Full Version : Servant of Graz'zt

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 02:53 AM
I've finally come to a conclusion as to what I want in an upcoming campaign, and now, I'm stuck. Here's what I've got so far.

Level 1 - 6: Favored Soul
Level 7 - 8: Thrall of Graz'zt
Level 9 - 13: Divine Disciple
Level 14 - 20: Thrall of Graz'zt

End Result: Favored Soul 6/Divine Disciple 5/Thrall of Graz'zt 9

Now, I know what you're thinking. ToG is terrabad, but, I like the idea behind the PrC. Plus, the Imbue with Spell ability class feature from Divine Disciple works damn well with it. The thing is, I'm not sure if I should go cleric instead and end up with this.

Cleric 5/Divine Disciple 5/Thrall of Graz'zt 10

Would the extra 1d6 at 10th ToG help at all, or would it be best for me to stick with the favored soul?

Chilingsworth
2013-01-16, 03:17 AM
Well, if nothing else, you'd have 16th level cleric spellcasting if you went cleric. hmm, maybe drop three levels of ToG for more cleric levels (or levels in a PrC that dosen't lose spellcasting) so you'll at least have 9th level spells at 20th?

So, you'd be: cleric 8/DD 5/ ToG 7 OR

cleric 5/DD 5/ ToG 7/ X 3? (maybe divine oracle?) BaB loss isn't too important, since you can just cast divine power if you need to fight, or you'll be a caster, anyway.

Bottom line, yeah, you'll probably be weaker than monoclass cleric, but it could be a very fun build to play.

Chilingsworth
2013-01-16, 03:21 AM
Just thought of something totally off the wall (and probably atrotiously weak):

use shugenja as your divine casting class. I mean, ToG seems to thrive on Charisma, and shugenja's are powered by it, too.

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 03:25 AM
It's worth a look. What book is the class in?

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 03:36 AM
Looks like an interesting class...definitely more spells...and yeah, he'll be weak, but as soon as i become transcended, that'll change...I'll think on it. Thank you for that tid bit. :smallsmile:

Chilingsworth
2013-01-16, 03:48 AM
Looks like an interesting class...definitely more spells...and yeah, he'll be weak, but as soon as i become transcended, that'll change...I'll think on it. Thank you for that tid bit. :smallsmile:

Are you refering to divine oracle or shugenja? (They're both in complete divine, btw.)

Anyway, glad to be of help. :smallbiggrin:

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 03:51 AM
Divine Oracle would be incredible to finish this build off with. I did not see that, haha. Thank you, again.