PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder mud elementals- death by mud

Spuddles
2013-01-16, 06:41 AM
Mud elementals have the entrap ability, which forces a creature to save vs entangle. If an entrapped creature fails its fortitude save vs. another entrap, it instead becomes helpless.

Entrap has a con based save, which means it gets boosted by Augment summoning.

That's a pretty neat way to basically spam a save-or-die. Rather low DC, though.

TopCheese
2013-01-16, 08:36 AM
Meh it isn't that scary since the people up close should be the front liners and the people in the back will have freedom of movement (or another spell to negate entangle).

Edit: Front liners who have high fort/con.

Starbuck_II
2013-01-16, 10:27 AM
Meh it isn't that scary since the people up close should be the front liners and the people in the back will have freedom of movement (or another spell to negate entangle).

Edit: Front liners who have high fort/con.

Mud elemantals are summoned by 2nd level spell: freedom of movement is much higher than that.

TopCheese
2013-01-16, 10:39 AM
I was thinking one level cleric dip/cleric with domain power of freedom of movement. Or perhaps Wizard power that let's you teleport (conjuration school).

A ton of clerics/wizards go for strong stuff like that.

Karoht
2013-01-16, 11:31 AM
Probably one of the most efficient uses I've seen of a 2nd level summon monster. It appears to function as a very selective (single target, 1D3 targets, 1D4 +1 targets) Stone to Mud spell, but without the issues of worked stone VS natural stone.
What happens if one were to cast Mud to Stone on a Mud elemental? Especially while it is clinging to something? Or after the elemental is killed and there is mud all over the floor?
(Something tells me that this doesn't work, but fun to speculate on)

Ooh! Use a few Tiny mud elementals, cast Mud to Stone, give a guy some concrete shoes, and throw him off a pier or into a lake!

Spuddles
2013-01-16, 05:24 PM
Probably one of the most efficient uses I've seen of a 2nd level summon monster. It appears to function as a very selective (single target, 1D3 targets, 1D4 +1 targets) Stone to Mud spell, but without the issues of worked stone VS natural stone.
What happens if one were to cast Mud to Stone on a Mud elemental? Especially while it is clinging to something? Or after the elemental is killed and there is mud all over the floor?
(Something tells me that this doesn't work, but fun to speculate on)

Ooh! Use a few Tiny mud elementals, cast Mud to Stone, give a guy some concrete shoes, and throw him off a pier or into a lake!

Summoned creatures and their effects end at the end of the summoning spell.

TopCheese
2013-01-16, 09:48 PM
Summoned creatures and their effects end at the end of the summoning spell.

Shhhh don't ruin the fun!

:p