PDA

View Full Version : Firefall

Gaelbert
2013-01-16, 06:45 AM
Anyone play this game or following it? I've been jonesin' for a beta key recently, haven't managed to get my hands on one yet.
I have some questions for those lucky enough to be in beta so far.
What are your general thoughts on it? How's the PvP? I know they've been pushing to make Firefall PvP an e-sport, what is that like in game? Do upgrades and equipment earned through experience and grinding influence your play in PvP? And how boring are the quests? I've heard the quests can be dull, but I'm hoping that my love of twitch shooter gameplay will keep it entertaining enough. Assuming I get in.

AeonWarior
2013-01-16, 05:48 PM
I've been playing the beta off and on for a wile now.
I don't do much PvP though as my FPS skills are not up to par for my reconframe. (I can't twitch aim so head-shots are rare against players and those I make aren't one hit kills.) The PvP is very player skill oriented and your build only marginally factors in.
The upgrade system is a tech tree using experience as currency. This means you can unlock everything a battleframe has to offer. But each frame model has its own experience total so buying another frame you will need to level it separately.
Oh, some PvE in necessary in my experience if only for resource gathering. PvP doesn't give enough, and don't expect to be able to solo some things without cheesing the system. Crafting improved equipment can be expensive. The defaults are viable until you can muster enough though.