PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help making Aiel!

ReluctantDragon
2013-01-16, 09:10 AM
An exercise that I'm attempting and I need some help.

For all of the WoT fans out there, I'm thinking of playing(mechanically) a character similar to an Aiel. Obvious weapon choices are Spear, Dagger, and Bow. I'm attempting to create this in the Pathfinder game system, using only Pathfinder rules.

I know Spear isn't necessarily optimal, but I'd like to see if it can be done relatively well.

I'd like any assistance anyone is willing to offer. Just wanting build ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Xenogears
2013-01-16, 09:31 AM
Well you need lots of stealth, increased movement speed, hunting capabilities, and awesome combat skills. Possibly Scout to get the stealth, movement, and skirmish for more dmg? Or you could get a lvl in Ranger and take Favored Enemy (Treekillers)....

Talderas
2013-01-16, 09:41 AM
Well you need lots of stealth, increased movement speed, hunting capabilities, and awesome combat skills. Possibly Scout to get the stealth, movement, and skirmish for more dmg? Or you could get a lvl in Ranger and take Favored Enemy (Treekillers)....

That or favored enemy towards an aiel clan to represent a blood feud.

Malak'ai
2013-01-16, 09:51 AM
Also some form of the Endurance and Run feats. And maybe something to help ignore pain.

I don't know the PF ruleset, but if there is something similar to Swift Hunter I'd go for that.

Douglas
2013-01-16, 09:52 AM
In game mechanics terms, I think the biggest reason for Aiel badassery is that they're just plain higher level than everyone else. Their constant infighting provides abnormally high combat frequency, with accompanying XP gain, and a societal emphasis on taking captives gives a higher combat survival rate so their numbers don't take too big a hit in exchange.

With that in mind, it doesn't need to be particularly well optimized. Aiel are powerful, but not necessarily powerful for their level.

I think a Monk/Ranger multiclass is probably the best fit, with a spear-and-shield combat style and some kind of feat or archetype to let Flurry and other Monk features work with it. Homebrew might be required for that part.