PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of ends IC

white rider
2013-01-16, 05:15 PM
A storm is brewing...
Things are... changing. Nobody knows why. Nobody even knows how. The most powerful of divinations have revealed nothing, and there are certainly no noticeable effects. But everyone knows that something has shifted.
About a year and a half ago, every creature with a hint of magical power in their veins began to feel a strong feeling of unease. Sorcerers awoke drenched in sweat, shaken by a nameless horror in their dreams that they felt they could almost remember, if they but tried a little harder. Wizards paused in their invocations, tongues struggling to find words that they had had memorized for decades. Angels and demons stumbled in their fighting, and even the mighty dragons held their gold a bit tighter.
Now, more than a year later, you stand here. You cannot quite remember why you decided to come here, of all places, but here you are. And now, looking over the edge of the precipice, staring straight at the spire that lies at the center of all creation, you, despite your vast power, cannot help but feel a bit frightened.

A storm is brewing...

Morcleon
2013-01-27, 10:36 PM
Furude Setsuna

A short girl sits on the edge of the precipice, legs dangling carelessly over the lip above the long drop below. Long steel-blue hair frames her bowed head, and, had they been open rather than shut in sleep, her eyes would sparkle with a deep violet hue. She wears a blue and white gothic lolita dress, with a large, deep blue ribbon tied across her chest in a bow.

Floating by her side is a glowing sphere of light, a lantern archon. But it's darker than the norm. The shadows flicker across it's surface like waves in a lake, as it continues its vigil over the sleeping figure.

Suddenly, something internal jolts the girl from her sleep, causing her to bolt upright with a gasp of surprise. Deep breaths course through her body as she flips into a standing position, rapidly spinning around to look around her.

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-27, 11:57 PM
Enter, Kaballa Talador
The wind jostles the near platinum hair of the relatively young elf as he approaches the seated figure at the precarious perch. His clothing is loose and of light colors it bears light decoration, but in it's simplicity a beauty can be found. He bares no visible weapon or armor simply a large tome. He knows not why he has come to this exact location, but something deep with in him assures him that he has arrived at the right place. An odd sense of familiarity washes over him at the sight of the all to eccentric dress.

'Oh but it couldn't be' he thinks to himself squinting his vivid and luminous offwhite eyes. What an odd twist of fate that had caused the wind to carry him back to his former apprentice. On the approach it appeared she had fallen asleep at the ledge of the cliff.

'Now I am sure of it,' he thinks again to himself with a hint of exasperation. 'Only 'she' could drift to sleep in such a dangerous location,' as he toils with the thought of how she could accomplish such a foolishly dangerous task his hand takes note and follows it's routine route onto his brow. His fingers braces upon his forehead and his thumb running along the ridge of his lithe cheek bone, the knuckles hovering just centimeters above his eyes and the palm just over his nose. It was an all to common pose for him. During this moment of contemplation on the ridiculous behavior, a sudden burst of movement erupts from the unproportionally petite girl. In the split second movement, Kaballa had feared she had fallen but in moments she was on her feet, spinning frantically to see the intruder.

"Calm yourself youngling," he says reassuredly as he calms his own nerves. His hand had bolted from his face in the momentary excitement but now as he regained his composure it again perched itself upon his face. "Fair winds have brought me here, and you? Dear Setsuna." He mutters on the gentle winds.

Morcleon
2013-01-28, 01:23 AM
Furude Setsuna

Not quite trusting her eyes at first, Setsuna gives Kaballa a suspicious look. This quickly turns into elation as she confirms his identity. Heh... he does that palm-to-face thing way too much...

"Sensei!" She dashes forward with a radiant smile on her face, hugging her elven teacher tightly. Rambling on, her eyes sparkle with excitement. "It's been sooooo long! I have so much stuff to tell you!"

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-28, 01:43 AM
Kaballa Talador

"Indeed," the surprised and suddenly constricted elf coughed out in as formal way as possible. He had almost forgotten the child like affection she showed him. It always caught him off guard when she would embrace him.

"It has been some time..." his voice is reserved as he regains his bearing. At first it seems as if he is lost in thought before he speaks again.

"I think you may have gotten even shorter," his tone shows only the slightest form of informality and playfulness, a trait he had avoided with everyone. Or more accurately everyone but Setsuna. There was something about her that made his stone heart soften ever so slightly.

"Well then, youngling, let us sit and converse, I am interested in the progress of your studies." And just like that he returned to his regal, educated, and utterly logical train of thought.

Morcleon
2013-01-28, 02:50 AM
Furude Setsuna

"I have not!" Setsuna pouts cutely. She gives Kaballa a pointed glare. "I'll have you know that I've grown at least two inches since we last met."

She plops back down on the ground, grinning. "Well, I've reached the 9th levels, so that's an accomplishment. I've also learned how to make my images and illusions real. As in, like, using shadowstuff to make things go boom." Winking and chuckling, she continues on. "Oh, and I've also met someone absolutely wonderful..." Cue sigh.

Snowbluff
2013-01-28, 11:46 AM
Seraciel the Lost

Sera awakens from her nightmare. This sort of thing was a regular occurrence for her. She seldom has had a good night's rest in many years. There was something... different about this one, however. Rarely had her terrors had managed to frighten her. It was almost really. Prophetic, even. She groaned. She was unable to be in contact with gods, meaning something far more sinister was going on. Either that or she was crazy. Sera knew she wasn't crazy. Other people are just picky. And annoying. And obnoxious. And had to be killed from time to time.

A good look to regain her bearing later, Sera got up. It has been a few days she had encountered anyone during her trip back to civilization. Her promise to Setsuna needed to be fulfilled, if only for a little while. Smiling, she prepared to make her way by starlight towards Setsuana's last know location.

Sjlver
2013-01-28, 09:57 PM
Ray Ashcroft, Champion of the Meek and the Bold

A man who has been wandering for many weeks happens upon a ledge where two characters are conversing. He is clad in golden armor with bronze chain mail underneath. A tattered cloak underlines it all so that only certain portions are visible. His hair is a dull gold colored and tied into a spiky ponytail with a bright blue ribbon. On the back of his waist are two swords that are secured by his sash.

For reasons that even elude him, he stops a fair distance away from the two. Something is keeping him from approaching but something is also keeping him from leaving.

Morcleon
2013-01-30, 03:47 AM
Furude Setsuna

All of a sudden, Setsuna halts her enthusiastic rambling about her life to Kaballa. She stands up and turns to the armored newcomer. With a suspicious gaze, she questions him in a surprisingly powerful voice for someone so lacking in stature. "Ah, Ray Ashcroft, isn't it? Fancy meeting you here. What brings you to this land?"

She mutters softly to Kaballa. "Is there any reason that he would be here for you? I don't think he would be here for me..." Oh, Setsuna, if only you knew...:smallwink:

Sjlver
2013-01-30, 11:02 PM
I could ask you the same and no, I am not here to incarcerate either of you. As far as I know, nothing has been done by either of you that has harmed another. This is delightful to know as any sort of grief in this world in unacceptable.

His tone is stern but not without a hint of compassion and benevolence.

Doc_Pippin
2013-02-01, 06:02 AM
Kaballa Talador

As the gold clad man approaches Kaballa stands and faces him. Silently he listens to the two talk, but as the one named Ray Ashcroft begins talking about grief he begins to chuckle. "Oh those are the words of a young and foolish boy, grief must and will always exist for without the evils of the world the good shall also cease to exist as will the balance of all things. These are truths you may gain with age." His tone is humored but his affect remains calm and near emotionless.

His tone returns to that of the logic driven cerebrate known by most. "Now I must ask you why you have come here," his tone is not hostile nor even assertive simply curious. His eyes squint slightly as he turns his head as if to fully observe the newcomer.

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 01:07 PM
Furude Setsuna

Upon hearing Ashcroft's words, Setsuna begins to chuckle. "Indeed you could ask that of me. But, after all, I did ask you first."

Her hand reaches up to subconsciously stroke the blue ribbon tied across her chest. "Suffering is an inherent part of life. Without suffering, there is no motivation. Taking it away... means taking away change itself..."

Sjlver
2013-02-01, 04:24 PM
Old man. I do no believed I addressed you. You're comment, no matter how convoluted and ignorant it is, is duly noted, however... His benevolent tone desists in place of a scolding tone. ...I scoff at your views. Assuming one's follies because of age is stupefying.

He turns back to Setsuna and in a much kinder voice says, I came here on a whim more or less. Drawn her by divinity and to find you two here is most perplexing. Now care to share what brings you to this precipice?

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 04:31 PM
Furude Setsuna

"...I don't know, actually," mumbles Setsuna, shrugging. She smiles cutely and giggles. "I just felt that I needed to be here."

"After all," she turns to glance at Kaballa. "I did meet one of the people I lost from my past. Perhaps I'll find another..."

Sjlver
2013-02-01, 05:22 PM
"Well I bid you success in your endeavor! As for me, I will remain here for the time being."

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 06:18 PM
Furude Setsuna

"Sure, go ahead." Setsuna plops down again, gazing up at Ashcroft with a furrowed brow. After a few moments of silence, she pipes up with a curious tone. "Hey, Ashcroft-san? I don't know why, but you look really familiar. Like, reeeeally familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Oh, by the way, I'm Setsuna. Furude Setsuna." ^_^

Sjlver
2013-02-01, 07:43 PM
Ashcroft closed his eyes and put his head down. "Yes, the familiarity is uncanny but I haven't been too terribly close to anyone in 15 years. Sure the occasional person is memorable but it's something else with you."

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 08:10 PM
Furude Setsuna

Something about that phrase clicks in Setsuna's mind. "Fifteen... years...?" She gives Ashcroft a closer look with narrowed eyes. Standing up, the shadowcaster begins walking around the knight.

As she reaches his back, Setsuna catches sight of his blue ribbon. Taking a few hesitant step toward him, she reaches up to stroke it. "Tell me, Ashcroft-san... where did you get this ribbon...? This deep sky blue ribbon..."

Sjlver
2013-02-01, 10:49 PM
"That was a very long time ago. Before I started my personal quest, I was a gypsy at an orphanage. I left a girl there and to remember her by, she gave me half of her ribbon."

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 11:10 PM
Furude Setsuna

For a long time, Setsuna says nothing, staring intently at the blue cloth tying Ashcroft's hair up. Her fingers move slowly over it, and her eyes show nothing of her reaction. Finally, after almost half a minute of silence, she drops her hand from the ribbon.

"...then, it seems like you've forgotten to remember her, ne, Rix-chan...?" mutters the little shadowcaster, her head drooped slightly.

Sjlver
2013-02-01, 11:20 PM
A smile forms across Ray's face. "I do remember you, Setsuna. Just playing it safe. Never know who's looking over us."

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 11:28 PM
Furude Setsuna

An elated smile spreads across Setsuna's face and she glomps Ashcroft from behind. "Rix-chan~! You do remember me!"

She continues hugging her childhood friend tightly, asking in a concerned but still very happy voice, "Why didn't you come back to me? Why did you leave me alone like that...?"

Sjlver
2013-02-01, 11:41 PM
"I couldn't return. Not with all the evil that was in the world. I just had to do something about it because everyone must do what they must because they can." Ray closed his eyes and led off a deep sigh. "However, I did miss you."

Morcleon
2013-02-01, 11:51 PM
Furude Setsuna

Still not releasing Ray, the arcanist sighs. "But couldn't you have taken me with you? I mean, I could have done something, right? To help, I mean..."

"...and I missed you a lot too..." Setsuna smiles dreamily. "Y'know, today I've found two people I thought lost to me... maybe the third will come too...? No, I shouldn't hope for too much..."

Sjlver
2013-02-02, 12:51 AM
"My task was a little more personal and I could never knowingly put you in danger like that."

Morcleon
2013-02-02, 10:34 AM
Furude Setsuna

Finally releasing her embrace, Setsuna folds her arms and gives Ray a glare. "You're just like senpai; you think I'm some fragile doll to be protected, who can't defend herself, right? Well y'know what? I'm not! I don't need to be protected!"

She calms down slightly and sighs. "I understand though... personal matters are personal."

Sjlver
2013-02-02, 07:27 PM
Ray merely shakes his head. "So what are we going to do now?"

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 01:07 AM
Furude Setsuna

With a shrug, Setsuna sits down on the ground, pulling both Ray and Kaballa down with her. She introduces the two, and then turns curiously to her childhood friend. "So then, Rix-chan, what did you do while you were gone? Besides get revenge."

Sjlver
2013-02-03, 04:06 AM
Ray sits down besides Setsuna. "In my journeys, I trained under Cormag the Invincible Vanguard and John the Lucky Knight. It was only through their teachings that I was able to topple tyrants and raise citadels of prosperity. I faced evils of unimaginable power and prevailed." He became silent for a minute, just staring at the clouds. "So what have you been doing?"

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 04:10 AM
Furude Setsuna

"Wow," murmurs Setsuna. "Must have been hard. But you won in the end, so it was worth it, right?"

She leans back slightly and sighs. "Well, sensei here," she grins at Kaballa and winks, "Was kind enough to take me in and teach me to use my gift. Then, I just went traveling and wandering the world, doing what I could for anyone." A melancholy smile appears on her face. "And then I met senpai... my wonderful, amazing senpai... but then she left. And I don't know where she is now..."

Sjlver
2013-02-03, 07:55 PM
"Yes, I can feel a difference of power within you. It is intriguing how studies can produce such results..." Ray states more to himself than to Setsuna.

Morcleon
2013-02-04, 12:55 AM
Furude Setsuna

Chuckling sheepishly, Setsuna sticks her tongue out at him. "Of course they can! Magic is magic! I can tell you've gotten quite a bit stronger from our childhood too. I probably won't be able to push you around quite as easily now, right?"

Sjlver
2013-02-04, 10:14 PM
"Haha, no I'm afraid you won't be able to. They haven't made me the Champion of the Meek and the Bold for nothing. My might is nearly legendary." He lets a wispy smile graze his cheeks as he recalls his past. "But I never did do it for the fame or power..."

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 10:37 AM
Furude Setsuna

"Yeah, yeah, the greater good and all that," mutters Setsuna with a chuckle. She leans up against Ray and wriggles around a bit to get into a comfortable position. "But hey, you accomplished your goals, right? And now you're famous and powerful on top of that."

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 03:35 PM
A twig snaps in the distance. Swearing is heard in that direction.

Sjlver
2013-02-05, 03:54 PM
Ray instinctively shoots a 'warning' jet of flame from his hand. "Who goes there!?" He shouts.

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 04:00 PM
Counterspelled. Greater Dispel [roll0]. Unless (Su) ofc.

You hear a bow being pulled.

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 04:07 PM
Furude Setsuna

Quickly standing up, Setsuna lets a burst of shadows explode from her form. She takes a step forward, and snaps open her umbrella. With a disturbingly cheerful smile, the shadowcaster calls out brightly, "Please don't! Shooting that arrow will ensure your demise, nipah~!

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 04:09 PM
"He definitely attempted to attack me first."

Sjlver
2013-02-05, 04:15 PM
Ray draws his long sword slightly and a white glow envelops him. He then draws his scimitar.

Blade Barrier at 15th level, +5 AC

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 04:20 PM
Furude Setsuna

Setsuna freezes. She lowers her umbrella and retracts her shadowy cloak. That speech color voice...

"...senpai...?"

"Ray, stand down." The short arcanist calls out to her childhood friend. Striding forward, she approaches the source of the voice. "I think I may know her..."

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 04:22 PM
"What is that you want?"

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 04:23 PM
Furude Setsuna

Another shiver passes through Setsuna. Yes, yes that voice was definitely familiar.

"Let's start with your identity. Who are you? What is your name?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 04:31 PM
Seraciel

Sera drops her Superior Invisibility, a sheepish look on her face. She's wearing a black dress, and has a Stargazer Lily in her short blonde hair. A bouquet of similar flowers lies near the ground near her, but they are rather torn up. Her bow has been lowered.

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 04:53 PM
Furude Setsuna

For a moment, Setsuna doesn't react. She just stares blankly at the short blond woman before her, taking in the fancy black dress and flower, as well as the dropped bouquet on the ground.

And then, with a cry of elation, she runs forth, enthusiastically and tightly hugging Sera. "Senpaiiiiiiii~!"

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 05:13 PM
Sera

The Abjurer unstrings her bow an disposes of the arrow. She takes the hug, but her grey eyes look away. A snake slithers its way onto Sera's shoulder, seemingly from nowhere, and flicks its tongue at Setsuna.

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 05:25 PM
Furude Setsuna

Setsuna releases Sera after a rather long time of holding her. She giggles as the snake's tongue flickers out and in and reaches out a finger to stroke it. "So then, senpai. You're back too..."

Bending down to take the fallen bouquet, she tightens her hands around it, and reopens it, now with a fresh set. With a radiant smile, she holds it out to Sera. "I missed you, Sera-chan. I missed you so much...."

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 05:29 PM
Larry XIII

Larry bites her on the finger for her transgressions. The sea snake is angry about something, but does not seem to have a way to communicate that fact. Fortunately, he decides not to poison Setsuna.

Seraciel

Sera pushes the flowers away. "Those were going to be for you. I don't care much for flowers." She was probably lying to justify her assault on the previous set of lilies.

Sjlver
2013-02-05, 05:36 PM
Ray casts empathy on the snake.

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 05:39 PM
Larry XIII

Larry is immune to [Mind-Affecting]. He is rather obviously angry.

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 05:42 PM
Furude Setsuna

Withdrawing her finger rapidly, Setsuna glares at the snake. At Sera's rejection, her shoulders slump and she lowers the lilies. "...o- oh. I'll take them, then..."

She quickly recovers from her mini-depression and places her arms around Sera again, staring excitedly into her friend's eyes. "So then, Sera-chan, where did you go, hmm...?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 05:47 PM
Seraciel

Sera avoids her eyes. "I've... been around. Most notably the Underdark. I did a lot of work down there." She frowns at the two men.

Hat-Trick
2013-02-05, 06:37 PM
Julien "The Silver Lark" Coupe

Three men. A stern looking man sporting almost elven features stood at near the edge past the group of four. His silver white hair stirred slighting from the breeze, pulled back into a long ponytail with equally long bangs framing his handsome, if androgynous face. He stood arms crossed watching the small gathering with bored impatience between glances over the expanse stretching below the cliff.

He lowered his arms to his side, the white wing motif cloak on his shoulders falling closed around him, hiding his black armor, clothes and the rapier hanging at his left hip. He fixed the four with a hard look from his vibrant green eyes as he finally spoke. "If the four of you are done reminiscing, I think there are more important matters to attend to. I can assume you all were drawn here by... something as well?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 06:47 PM
Seraciel

Sera pushes her friend aside, and strings The Heretic's Snake Bite. She gives a threatening glare to the new arrival, much like an animal that has been cornered. She doesn't like being tracked. She has no intention of letting this one out of her sights for now.

Hat-Trick
2013-02-05, 07:04 PM

Julien raised his hand in a gesture of truce as Sera raised her bow, unflinching at the threat. "Put you weapon down. If I meant to hurt any of you, you'd be dead already." He took the few steps that separated him from the group and crossed his arms again. Closer now, it was apparent his hair was wet.

"Something drew me here," He continued turning to look at the spire off in the distance. "It feels like something's about to happen." He looks back at the gathering. "Something catastrophic. I've been feeling it all this passed year..."

Sjlver
2013-02-05, 07:20 PM
"Ha! I doubt you're even good enough for practice!" Ray's distain for the braggart is evident.

Snowbluff
2013-02-05, 07:21 PM
Seraciel

Sera fires a shot from her bow, allowing the fangs to split to either sides of the man's head. She did not take kindly to his words. Boast or not, announcing his ability to kill her or Setsuna might as well have been him signing his own death warrant. The only reason Sera hasn't tried to turn the man into a pustulent mass of poisoned flesh was Setsuna's presence.

Hat-Trick
2013-02-05, 07:35 PM

Julien rubbed his eyes in frustration once the arrows had whizzed passed his ears. Friendly conversation was not his forte and it was biting him in the back that day. "Yes, yes, skilled swordsman, slayer of evil, protector of the weak." He gave a heavy sigh and took a deep breath before continuing. "If we're all done showing off and boasting, myself included, I would rather discuss the matter at hand," he gestured back towards the spire, "Than continue this pissing contest."

Sjlver
2013-02-05, 07:50 PM
"You should never have displayed yourself in such an an unpleasant manner nor trivialize ones life work." Ray assumes a stance and does not take his hand off his weapon. "And as you may very well see, I am not merely a slayer if 'evil'."

Hat-Trick
2013-02-05, 08:10 PM

Julien pulled his cloak back behind his shoulders to keep it from concealing himself before returning his arms to his sides, refusing to match Ray's stance with one of his own. "I have neither weapon drawn nor hostile intent, monsieur. You are not doing your reputation of good will justice over one comment." He turned away from the warrior to address Kabala.

"You're a man of knowledge, have you any ideas on the phenomena that has everyone on edge this passed year?"

Sjlver
2013-02-05, 08:38 PM
You're brash behavior has earned you no favors here. Armed or not, I can not trust you.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 03:22 AM
Furude Setsuna

Glaring at the newcomer, Setsuna stands next to Sera, arms crossed. "Then if you wanted a peaceful meeting, why start off with a threat?"

She clutches the bouquet close to her. Even if she had made a mistake in offering them to Sera, her friend had brought them all the way over here for her.

Hat-Trick
2013-02-06, 10:07 AM

Julien rubbed his eyes again with a heavy sigh. This was going to be a long conversation. "*I* started off with no such thing," the exasperated man said, gritting his teeth. "All I did was ask you all about what brought you here and then SHE," he pointed to Sera, "Decided to threaten ME. I don't take kindly to having a bow trained on me when I'm trying to be somewhat civil."

He was considering leaving at this point, leave the four of them be as he investigated further on his own. What ever led him to the precipice, however, was urging him to stay put.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 04:41 PM
Furude Setsuna

Piping up, the shadowcaster gives a small chuckle. "Actually, she never pointed the bow at you, only stringing it. You just started saying how you could have killed us all."

"And her caution does make sense, yes? After all, you are the Silver Lark..."

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 04:53 PM
Seraciel

"Furude, I definitely shot at him. He did not threaten us. He made himself a threat." Sera whispers. "If he claims to be capable of killing any of us, he is clearly a threat."

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 04:54 PM
Furude Setsuna

Glancing back at Sera, Setsuna sighs and whispers back. "Yes, I realize that you shot at him. But he made himself a threat before you did so."

Hat-Trick
2013-02-06, 06:42 PM

Julien blinked in surprise as the shadowcaster identified him. "I'm impressed," He said, "However, if you know that much, you'd be aware of my method of operation. It doesn't involve simply walking up to people I intend to kill. If I had any such intention, I wouldn't be standing here speaking to you. Can we please get passed that?"

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 06:59 PM
Furude Setsuna

Inside, Setsuna perks up at the compliment. On the outside, however, she maintains a cool expression. "Hm, I suppose that makes sense. What does bring you here, anyway?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 07:47 PM
Seraciel

Sera only looks more eager to loose some arrows after the exchange.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 07:52 PM
Furude Setsuna

Gazing at Sera with a sigh, Setsuna reaches out her mind to her senpai's, speaking softly within her head. "Senpai... please, calm down... No matter how much you want to hurt him, you really shouldn't."

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 08:00 PM
Seraciel

Sera doesn't move. "If he wanted to harm us, he could still do it. I do not have a reason to trust this one. I do not expect I will have one anytime soon. He wants something. He thinks he is dangerous. Hubris or not, he made an enemy."

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 08:08 PM
Furude Setsuna

"Of course he wants something. Everyone and anyone wants something from someone else. Caution should be exercised, but I don't want you killing him just because you had a feeling..."

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 08:13 PM
Seraciel

Sera doesn't respond. Did she just ignore what Setsuna had said? Either way, her face grew tense.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 08:22 PM
Furude Setsuna

Furrowing her brow slightly, Setsuna turns to Sera and impulsively wraps her arms around the slightly taller blonde woman. Her voice comes out a pleading whisper. "Oh senpai... have I ever lead you wrong? Have I ever done anything to hurt you? Just trust me again, alright...?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 08:25 PM
Seraciel

Sera looks like she is about to scream. Sera takes a deep breath to calm down a little. "We know what had led up to my leaving..." She seems a little annoyed.

Sjlver
2013-02-06, 08:30 PM
Ray looks at the two ladies then back at Julien uncomfortable. He shrugs at Julien, unsure of what else to do.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 08:35 PM
Furude Setsuna

Setsuna lets out her breath in a large sigh and looks downward. She continues embracing Sera. "...oh. That..."

"...that was never under my control. I did the best I could, senpai. But I'll do better this time. Please, just trust me... please, senpai..."

Hat-Trick
2013-02-06, 08:41 PM

Julien bowed his head as Setsuna tried to talk the others down, "Merci, Mademoiselle. As I said earlier, I'm not sure WHAT brought me here, an irresistible urge, a nagging need to come... here..." He watched the two women's whispered exchange, ignorant of their mental conversation. The swordsman relaxed noticeably as slowly everyone stopped trying to justify attacking him. Finally they were going to make some progress.

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 08:42 PM
Seraciel

Sera lowers her bow. She expects her apologizers to lie kneeling before her. She also expects actual apologies. Still, she got to vent a good amount of her anger on the flowers earlier. "Songbird, you don't deserve this." She gestures at the Shadowcaster.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 08:55 PM
Furude Setsuna

"Everyone deserves someone to help them." A small smile appears on her face as the shadowcaster sees Sera calm down slightly and she chuckles slightly with an affectionate expression on her face. "And after all, if I only helped people who I thought deserved it, where you you be know, ne?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-06, 08:56 PM
Seraciel

The grimace on Sera's face is enough to express her thoughts on the matter.

Morcleon
2013-02-07, 12:18 AM
Furude Setsuna

Another sigh. Another embrace. "Senpai... oh, senpai, what happened to us...? Where I did I go wrong...?"

Sjlver
2013-02-07, 12:19 AM
Ray casts empathy on Sera

Snowbluff
2013-02-07, 12:25 AM
Sera

Sera is immune to [Mind-Affecting] and Divinations. 5 points from Ravenclaw Ray for that invasion of privacy.

Morcleon
2013-02-07, 01:16 AM
Furude Setsuna

As the spell goes off, the short woman gives Ray a slight glare and mutters in his mind, "Please don't do that to senpai. She's paranoid enough already, and I don't need you to make it worse."

Whispering mentally to Sera, Setsuna gives her an anxious look. "Senpai... did I do something wrong? Please, tell me... I have to know."

Sjlver
2013-02-07, 01:47 PM
Ray casts empathy on Julien

Hat-Trick
2013-02-07, 04:53 PM
Julien is relieved, cooperative, and curious.

Snowbluff
2013-02-08, 07:24 PM
Seraciel

"I was hoping we would get a chance to discuss it in private. This is not the case. We are far too busy right now." Sera seems to be aggravated, but she is handling it far better than she has in past.

Morcleon
2013-02-08, 08:21 PM
Furude Setsuna

Nodding, Setsuna gives Sera a smile. "Alright then. So long as we get a chance to talk together."

She draws back slightly and glances from Sera to Ray to Kaballa. "Oh right! I forgot to introduce you to each other!"

"Rix-chan, sensei, this is Seraciel. She's my wonderful senpai and friend!"

"Senpai, sensei, this is Ray Ashcroft. I call him Rix, though. He's my childhood friend from long ago."

"Senpai, Rix-chan, this Kaballa Talador. He's pretty much my father, and the taught me how to channel my gift."

She pops up by each person as she introduces them.

Sjlver
2013-02-08, 10:12 PM
Ray politely nods at Sera and Kab. "How do you do, Miss Seraciel?"

Ray casts empathy on Sera

Snowbluff
2013-02-08, 10:16 PM
Seraciel

Sera shakes her head at Ray's Empathy. "My friendship with Setsuna-san requires that I respond to your greeting." She says with a straight face. Her response completed, she turns away from the Vindicator.

Sjlver
2013-02-08, 10:28 PM
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/Sjlver101/Avatar1_zps78a7ff9e.png

Ray frowns at the lack of hospitality and finally deeming the assassin a threat no longer, assumes a more comfortable stance. "So what has the Silver Lark been up to as of late?"

Hat-Trick
2013-02-09, 12:38 AM
"Giving the corrupted Ciebleu nobility a bit of respite from the fear of white birds," Julien replies, half jokingly. "I've been travelling for a week or two and arrived here about three days ago. I've been having to settle for plain soap..." He runs the fingers of one hand through his slowly drying hair to punctuate his point and examine it. Even an infamous serial killer like Julien was subject to his culture's fixation on cleanliness.

"Whatever led me here hasn't been urging me any further, nor has it allowed me to simply wander off too far. That's why I was hoping to get some answers," he continued, shrugging his cloak into concealing his androgynous frame yet again.

Sjlver
2013-02-09, 12:42 AM
"Perhaps your quest for ultimate soap is what urged you here."

white rider
2013-02-11, 10:16 PM
The group talks for a bit, getting to know and like (or dislike, as it may be) each other. As they converse, a rainstorm begins, the water spiraling in around the disk as it falls down towards the worldspike. And than, it happens again. A sense of horrible wrongness overwhelms anybody with the slightest hint of magical prowess.
The feeling is gone in a second, and all of you expect that there will be no serious consiquences. But while there are few people of magical power on the prime, or even the outer planes, this is Sigil. Bursts of arcane fire begin to rise up from the market district as startled magicians activate layers upon layers of contengincy charms, and off in the distance you can see a trio of towers belonging to an artificers' acadamy sprout wings and fly into the air.
A few seconds later, a pair of metalical creatures burst out of statues directly in front of you. They approach and extend their hands, stating,
"Emergency procedure- provide identification! Identify!"

OOC: A wild storm appeared! It used blizzard! White Rider's wifi fell!

Snowbluff
2013-02-12, 10:41 PM
Seraciel

Sera looks around nervously. She doesn't have a first name, and her last name was just the name on the mailbox for the house she was found in.

Morcleon
2013-02-13, 02:06 AM
Furude Setsuna

Flinching back slightly at the metal constructs' sudden appearance, Setsuna tries to recover her calm, and proclaims in a voice with only a hint of a shiver, "I... I am Furude Setsuna! And these are my colleagues!"

She snaps her fingers and tosses it a shadow-copy of her rather extensive official resume. "Now, what the hell is going on here?!"

Sjlver
2013-02-14, 12:28 AM
Ray, once again, assumes a fighting stance and addresses the constructs. "I am Sir Ray Ashcroft, Champion of The Meek and The Bold. I demand to know the meaning of this immediately." He bellows in a very commanding tone.

Ray takes on Child of Shadow

Hat-Trick
2013-02-14, 01:54 AM
"Rosaire Coupe, what was that just now?" Julien replies, using his late brother's name instead of his own. He made it a point not to give EVERYTHING away. He kept his stance and demeanor calm, though the hidden hands behind his cloak drifted to his rapier cautiously. The defenses of Sigil were panicking, that was never a good sign.

Taking ten for a 44 on Bluff. He's using his identical twin brother's name, so records could be easily confused.

Morcleon
2013-02-16, 11:14 PM
Furude Setsuna

The shadowcaster glares at the construct for a while, before realizing that it won't respond. She rolls her eyes and turns around to look at her companions. "So then... I just realized something. None of you really seem to like each other much at all. Why is that...?"

Rather blunt, isn't she?:smallwink:

Snowbluff
2013-02-16, 11:19 PM
Seraciel

Sera suddenly gets very red and very flustered. She shouts the next sentences with her eyes closed and her arms at her side. "T-this is not the time to talk about this, BAKA!" She crosses her arms in indignant frustration.

Sjlver
2013-02-16, 11:32 PM
"Settle down. This is no time for a fit my ferocious fella." Ray says casually with a smile.

Morcleon
2013-02-17, 10:59 AM
Furude Setsuna

"Uuu... senpai's angry again..." pouts Setsuna. However, her smile of amusement isn't quite as suppressed as she'd like.

"Rix-chan, don't provoke her..." She murmurs telepathically to her friend.

Snowbluff
2013-02-17, 06:26 PM
Senpai Seraciel

Sera blushes furiously. "I-I am not angry! I just think we should solve our current predicament before w-we *cough* handle the issue with the large number of men you have acquired."

Sjlver
2013-02-17, 07:38 PM
"Kind lady, exactly what are you implying about our fine fantastic fella here?" Ray questions, gesturing towards Setsuna.

Snowbluff
2013-02-17, 07:45 PM
Seraciel

Sera is absolutely dumbfounded. Pretty much everyone sounds idiotic to her on some level, but this was a special case. "D-do you suffer from an ailing attention span. Will I have to remind you that we are potentially under attack?" She says, once she can finally conjure the will to respond.

Sjlver
2013-02-17, 08:06 PM
Ray lets out a very boisterous laugh. "Do you honestly think these things pose much a threat? Surely someone of your caliber could take them on alone and even if your not on par today, there are four other people here who could single-handedly demolish them. So no, I do not suffer from short attention span, though someone here may be suffering from self-confidence issues. Either that or you don't know how to size up an opponent." He lets a smile graze his lips once again. "Besides, they've been just standing there for awhile now."

Hat-Trick
2013-02-17, 09:53 PM
Julien rubbed his eyes in exasperation. "Monsieur Ashcroft, we're talking about Sigil security, not some petty apprentice's first construct, I think it best you didn't take them lightly." He was glad the hero wasn't threatening to cut him in half, but his audacity was starting to grate on the Silver Lark's patience. Even if the guards were simply golems, their programming would probably not stand for Ray's demeaning comments. Then again, Golems probably didn't have the computation capacity to realize such statements could be taken as resisting. He didn't like taking his chances, however.

Sjlver
2013-02-18, 01:22 AM
"As you wish, Lark, just trying to raise spirits." Ray continues in a low whisper, addressing Julien only, "Everyone just seems alittle eh if you know what I mean."

Morcleon
2013-02-18, 03:03 AM
Furude Setsuna

"Large number of men?" Setsuna quirks an eyebrow at Sera and folds her arms tightly across her chest. "Yeah, what are you trying to imply?"

She glances back at the still-unresponsive golem. "Eh, it doesn't look like it's gonna do anything anytime soon..."

Snowbluff
2013-02-23, 11:13 PM
Seraciel

Setsuna, I've been alone for too long...

Morcleon
2013-02-23, 11:21 PM
Furude Setsuna

"No longer, Sera. You're back with me now, and I'll be with you forever. I promised, remember?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-23, 11:34 PM
Seraciel

O.O

T.T

*Sniffle* I know you did! But I couldn't stay with you! I am a liar and a traitor a-and BWAH! Dx

The abjurer starts crying like a preteen whose parents were brutally murdered right in front of her.

Morcleon
2013-02-24, 04:05 AM
Furude Setsuna

Setsuna stares at the crying girl for a brief moment, and then embraces her tightly. "...yes, you did lie, you did betray me. But I don't care about any of that. I just want you." She places her mouth close to Sera's ear and begins murmuring.

"Please do not deplore yourself...
Even if the world does not forgive, I will forgive you.

"Please do not deplore yourself...
Even if you do not forgive the world, I will forgive you.

"So please tell me...
What will it take for you, to forgive me...?"

Morcleon
2013-02-27, 05:03 PM
Furude Setsuna

At Sera's continuing silence, Setsuna just sighs and buries her face in the wizard's shoulder. "Mmm..."

Snowbluff
2013-02-27, 05:45 PM
Seraciel

Sera stands still for a while. Her friend's words have calmed her slightly, but she still seems unhappy. I do not know if I can forgive myself... Even if you forgive me, all of this will haunt me. How can I trust myself...?

Morcleon
2013-02-27, 10:36 PM
Furude Setsuna

The little shadowcaster gives Sera a faint smile. "Forgiving yourself... it's always hard. When I was younger, I used to think that the disappearance of Rix-chan and sensei were both my fault, and I hated myself for a long time." She glances over toward both of them. "But Sera? Just try. For me, okay?"

Setsuna smiles hopefully.:smallredface:

Snowbluff
2013-02-27, 10:44 PM
Seraciel

Pondering her friend's request, Sera sits down and crosses her legs. "Alight. This can not be difficult. All I have to do is calm down... and trust myself." Some times goes by, but then she starts shaking. She gets up incredibly fast, and throws herself into a tree. "HA! I thought I would get me, but I beat myself to it! Wow, I am so telegraphed! I saw myself coming from a mile away! AHAHAHAHAH!"

Morcleon
2013-02-27, 11:01 PM
Furude Setsuna

Wincing at the crack of senpai-on-bark, Setsuna sighs, feeling foolish for thinking that it would work just like that. "...senpai..."

She walks over to Sera's figure and presses her to the ground. Then, she plops herself down on the abjurer's stomach, elbows on the prone girl's shoulders, her head resting on them, blue hair trailing down to tickle at her friend's face, mouth in a wry grin. "Now, what was that? Not calming down, that's for certain."

Snowbluff
2013-02-27, 11:13 PM
Seraciel

"A preemptive strike! Blitzkrieg! Strike fast and strike hard to disable an enemy's capacity to retaliate...!" She stops her lecture in military strategy and frowns. Noting her position, she speaks up again. "This is awfully familiar." She wiggles uncomfortably a little, before turning her face away from her friend.

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 04:00 PM
Furude Setsuna

"Mhmm!" Setsuna nods at Sera with a grin, not moving at all. "But if you're fighting yourself, isn't that counterproductive to forgiveness...?"

She places a finger on her friend's cheek and tries to gently turn her face back upwards.

Snowbluff
2013-02-28, 04:03 PM
Seraciel

"I can't help it! I attacked myself before I got the chance! Maybe if I force myself into forgiving myself. This is nothing a little fight should not handle..."

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 04:06 PM
Furude Setsuna

"Ah, dearest senpai," murmurs Setsuna with a sigh. "A forced forgiveness is worse than none at all. And besides, why would you have to fight yourself anyway?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-28, 04:11 PM
Seraciel

"I do not know. I think you should ask me. I should know. Either way, perhaps someone should not let this go. It was pretty awful."

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 04:26 PM
Furude Setsuna

"I am asking you, senpai. Who else would I be talking to?" Setsuna gives her an encouraging smile. "Besides, forgiving yourself isn't something that can be done in just one day. It takes time... a lot of time..."

Snowbluff
2013-02-28, 04:28 PM
Seraciel

Sera gives Setsuna an incredulous look. "Do we really have time for that?"

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 04:30 PM
Furude Setsuna

Setsuna returns the look with a soft smile, leaning in closer. "If it means you can forgive yourself and be happier, I will take all the time in the world. And don't worry. I'll stay by your side throughout."

Snowbluff
2013-02-28, 10:32 PM
Seraciel

If that is the case, would you mind getting off so I can continue to fight? I am a really tough opponent and I really should be giving this my all. I really can't wrestle with you on top of me.

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 10:40 PM
Furude Setsuna

"..." Sera really isn't getting her friend's point, is she? Setsuna stays where she is.

"No. Why? Because you shouldn't be fighting yourself. Forgiveness is not about forcing it upon yourself. It's about accepting yourself."

Snowbluff
2013-02-28, 10:46 PM
Seraciel

What?! I just attacked myself! Why would I forgive myself?! I have to each myself a lesson, because I am a total backstabbing harlot! Sera attempts to wiggle out again, but she seems reluctant to remove her herself from Setsuna's power with her full strength.

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 10:56 PM
Furude Setsuna

With a sigh, Setsuna looks away for a moment. "...I don't want to see you hurt yourself anymore..."

"There's been enough pain in your life," she murmurs. "And even if you are a backstabbing harlot... you're my backstabbing harlot, and I- I like you a lot. Would you stop it for me...?"

Snowbluff
2013-02-28, 11:01 PM
Seraciel

Sera rolls her grey eyes. "Ugh. Affirmative, but the next time it is just myself and I, I will get back at myself."

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 11:13 PM
Furude Setsuna

"No." Setsuna glares down at the abjurer, eyes firm but caring. "That's not good enough. Don't hurt yourself. Ever."

She pauses for a second, then sighs. "How about this?" She pulls out a peach from her pocket. "For each day that you refrain from hurting yourself." She slices a juicy wedge off of the fruit. "I will feed you a slice of this peach." She places the slice partly into her mouth, then leans in to place half of it into Sera's, letting their lips touch for the briefest of moments, before withdrawing her face with a faint blush and smile. "And I will do it that way each time. How about it, ne, senpai~?"

Sjlver
2013-02-28, 11:56 PM
Ray stares at the two and then takes a seat. He takes a gander at the slow approaching robots and then back at the two girls in the party and then back at the robots. He lets off a sigh and...

Ray casts empathy on the robots

Snowbluff
2013-03-01, 01:03 AM
==> Seraciel: Begin romantic making out.

==> Caliborn: Freak out.

Seraciel

Seraciel uses her mouth to pluck the peach from Setsuna's mouth, but their lips touch. When Sera finally decides to move her head away, her face is red like a fine wine. It's a shade that only someone as delicate and sallow as Sera can be. "I-I am sorry. I should not have d-done that. I-I promise not to do this a-anymore. I'll behave."

Sjlver
2013-03-01, 01:08 AM
"My God! This isn't a porno guys!"

Morcleon
2013-03-01, 03:57 PM
==> Setsuna: Agreed. Also, who's Caliborn?

Furude Setsuna

Smiling, Setsuna places her hand on Sera's cheek. "Wonderful! Now then, I'm curious. How can you really fight yourself at all? Aren't you, y'know, you?"

She blinks over at Rix, a confused look forming. "Huh? What's a 'porno'?"

Hat-Trick
2013-03-02, 06:51 PM
Julien gives a heavy sigh and mutters to himself, "Quand avez ma vie devenu l'exemple de la folie?" He brushed aside a stray strand of white hair and spoke louder, "Here we stand in front of Sigil security and you two decide now is a good time for nourrir les lys...?"

Snowbluff
2013-03-02, 07:29 PM
Caliborn is a character from Homestuck. His views on some things are reversed; simple signs of affection make him reel.

Seraciel

"It is really quite simple. If you can not grasp such a simple subject you might have a problem. You should see a psychologist. Or a psychiatrist. No, the psychologist might be better."

She gives a confused glance at Julien. "I haven't been eating any lilies." Her central continental slang was quite rusty. Never has anyone been so wrong and yet so right when misinterpreting it, however.

Morcleon
2013-03-03, 11:50 AM
So Sera has another, Caliborn-esque personality?

Furude Setsuna

"So it's a psychological thing...? Hm..." Setsuna stares at Sera for a few seconds before asking, "Do you have two personalities or something?"

She gives Julien a similarly confused look. "Yeah... lilies don't taste very good." Ah, the curses of literal translation...

Snowbluff
2013-03-03, 12:08 PM
Nah, I was just making fun. :smalltongue:

Seraciel

"What are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with me." The Abjurer is entirely confused.

Morcleon
2013-03-03, 03:05 PM
Furude Setsuna

"...but... you said..." Setsuna stammers, her face taking on a pink shade of embarrassment. She sighs. "Oh never mind... just don't hurt yourself, okay?"

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 10:11 AM
Seraciel

"Ha! As if I would ever do that! It would represent an absolutely nonexistent lack of stability on my part."

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 12:23 PM
Seraciel

"Ha! As if I would ever do that! It would represent an absolutely nonexistent lack of stability on my part."

Furude Setsuna

"..." Setsuna looks away slightly. She may have an obsessive love for Sera combined with a slight dependency issue, but she's not completely blind to certain things. "Okay. I- believe you."

She continues to sit on top of her abjurer, smiling down at her.

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 02:35 PM
Furude Setsuna

"..." Setsuna looks away slightly. She may have an obsessive love for Sera combined with a slight dependency issue, but she's not completely blind to certain things. "Okay. I- believe you."

She continues to sit on top of her abjurer, smiling down at her.

Seraciel

Sera shivers slightly. "Could you bring yourself a little closer. It's a bit chilly."

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 04:09 PM
Seraciel

Sera shivers slightly. "Could you bring yourself a little closer. It's a bit chilly."

Furude Setsuna

"Mhmm!" Setsuna happily lies down on top of Sera, hugging her tightly. An aura of warmth exudes from her form. "Feeling better senpai? ^_^"

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 04:49 PM
Seraciel

"MMMMmmmmmMMmmm" She is warm.

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 04:57 PM
Seraciel

"MMMMmmmmmMMmmm" She is warm.

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna giggles slightly and gazes at her friend's eyes. "Ah, I've missed this feeling, senpai..."

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 05:19 PM
Furude Setsuna

Setsuna giggles slightly and gazes at her friend's eyes. "Ah, I've missed this feeling, senpai..."

Seraciel

"Mmm... yes!"

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 05:28 PM
Seraciel

"Mmm... yes!"

Furude Setsuna

With a small smile, Setsuna takes the rest of the peach and dangles it in front of Sera's nose. "Senpai, would you like to finish this off with me? I don't really want to have to carry around a half-eaten peach..."

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 09:43 PM
Furude Setsuna

With a small smile, Setsuna takes the rest of the peach and dangles it in front of Sera's nose. "Senpai, would you like to finish this off with me? I don't really want to have to carry around a half-eaten peach..."
Seraciel

"That would be lovely."

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 09:50 PM
Seraciel

"That would be lovely."

Furude Setsuna

"Wonderful," chirps the shadowcaster, and promptly places a corner of the peach onto Sera's lips. "C'mon, senpai. Open up~!"

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 09:57 PM
Furude Setsuna

"Wonderful," chirps the shadowcaster, and promptly places a corner of the peach onto Sera's lips. "C'mon, senpai. Open up~!"

Seraciel

"Aaaahh *Chomp*" Sera catches a few of her friend's fingers with the peaches.

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 10:43 PM
Seraciel

"Aaaahh *Chomp*" Sera catches a few of her friend's fingers with the peaches.

Furude Setsuna

Wincing at Sera's bite, Setsuna lets out a low moan and shudders. "...s- senpai... that... hurt..."

Snowbluff
2013-03-06, 11:45 PM
Furude Setsuna

Wincing at Sera's bite, Setsuna lets out a low moan and shudders. "...s- senpai... that... hurt..."

Seraciel

Sera lick Setsuna's fingers. "Feel better?"

Morcleon
2013-03-07, 04:13 PM
Seraciel

Sera lick Setsuna's fingers. "Feel better?"

Furude Setsuna

"Yes, it is much better," murmurs Setsuna with a grin. She lets her fingers sit in Sera's mouth and takes a bite of the peach herself, chewing slowly.