View Full Version : Barbarian PrC/Alt Class Feature

JackRackham
2013-01-16, 08:17 PM
I seem to recall a PrC or an alternate class feature that replaces a Barbarian's rage with some similar bonus to DEX and (something else, my memory's a little fuzzy). Does anyone remember what I'm talking about and where it is?

I've been away from the game for a while (grad school), but got the itch again and started to put together some NPCs. In the course of one, I hit this snag.

Amphetryon
2013-01-16, 08:35 PM
I seem to recall a PrC or an alternate class feature that replaces a Barbarian's rage with some similar bonus to DEX and (something else, my memory's a little fuzzy). Does anyone remember what I'm talking about and where it is?

I've been away from the game for a while (grad school), but got the itch again and started to put together some NPCs. In the course of one, I hit this snag.

Races of the Wild has the Wildrunner PrC for those with Elven blood. It gives a +6 to DEX in a frenzy, among other benefits.

gallagher
2013-01-16, 08:58 PM
Ferocity from I think Cityscape

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-01-16, 10:11 PM
Ferocity from I think Cityscape

Close, but not in the actual book. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a)

JackRackham
2013-01-17, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the responses. These aren't what I was thinking of, but how about this: What Alternate class features and/or PrCs would the playground recommend for a DEX-based Barbarian build (Spirit-Lion Totem for Pounce is obviously a given)?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-17, 12:15 AM
Champion of Corellon Larethian? Elven Courtblade is a good Dex-focused weapon, at the very least.

Kazyan
2013-01-17, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the responses. These aren't what I was thinking of, but how about this: What Alternate class features and/or PrCs would the playground recommend for a DEX-based Barbarian build (Spirit-Lion Totem for Pounce is obviously a given)?

Fox Spirit Totem for a bunch of Hide/MS. (Didn't know what any of the other Spirit Totems do? That's okay; they're totally niche!) Dip something + Able Learner or whatever to get them as class skills.

JackRackham
2013-01-17, 03:52 AM
I love the CoCR, but for this build, I want it to feel like a barbarian and CoCR is kind of the opposite feel, to me at least. Anyway, thanks, everyone.

Vaz
2013-01-17, 04:40 AM
Martial Study Shadow Hand Technique, and then Martial Stance Shadow Blade nets you Dex to Damage, depending on your weaponnchoicr. It nets you Dex to damage if CoCL is not your thing.

Magic Myrmidon
2013-01-17, 04:55 AM
Are you thinking of Whirling Frenzy? I can't look at books, since my laptop's fan is broken, but that might be what you were thinking.

JackRackham
2013-01-17, 12:21 PM
Are you thinking of Whirling Frenzy? I can't look at books, since my laptop's fan is broken, but that might be what you were thinking.

At this point, I think I'm remembering something that's not there. I saw whirling frenzy, though. It's interesting, for sure.

Lortharian Duin
2013-01-17, 12:38 PM
...is it here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872054/Alternative_Class_Features_III) perhaps? Sounds like Ferocity.

Darrin
2013-01-17, 12:57 PM

Whirling Frenzy (http://srd.realmspire.com/unearthedClasses.html#whirling-frenzy). It's made of awesomesauce.

Diovid
2013-01-18, 04:23 AM
Perhaps you're talking about the Barbarian variant called Implacable from Dragon Magazine 330. It gives you Resilient Rage which gives bonuses to Con and Dex (and other things).