PDA

View Full Version : Back From The Past - Cleric Domains Discussion

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 08:17 PM
I'm sending personal thanks to every person who has dealt with my on-going task of building a level 10 evil divine person, and helped me get to this point. For me, this has been pretty annoying, since I've gone from Favored Soul, to Thrall of Graz'zt, back to cleric, and I'm finally ending with this:

Cleric 5/Divine Oracle 2/Divine Disciple 3

I'm also thankful for your guys' patience. I just need it to extend a little more. Here are my questions.

You see those two levels after cleric 3? Is there a useful PrC worth mentioning that I could put into there?

And, I'm set on four different domains, and I'm not sure which ones to start with. I don't have to worship a god, so here goes: Planning, Time, Undeath, and War.

The Reasons:
Planning - Extend Spell = DMM Persist = Boss of amazing "I WILL SMITE THEE" button
Time - Improved Initiative = Self-explanatory (not as important as Planning though)
Undeath - Extra Turning = More turn attempts = more DMM persists = MORE SMITE THEE BUTTONS
War - Prof. + Weapon Focus = I really like two handers what with power attack being a really good feat for damage, and using more DMM Persist buttons plus uber damage makes me one hell of a beat stick

The result: I'm leaning more towards Planning and Undeath.

Any thoughts?

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 08:48 PM
And then, would it be best to go cloistered cleric for the first five levels, or would basic cleric be better? I don't much care about BAB and health prior to level 13 what with the outsider subtype that's added from Divine Disciple.

What are your guys' thoughts on this as well?

Story
2013-01-16, 08:53 PM
Cloistered Cleric gives you three domains, and Divine Oracle gives you a fourth. I assume you're using Substitute Domain to switch them out?

IIRC Contemplative is the standard Prc for getting domains on divine casters. Rainbow Servant gives you a domain for a one level dip, but it is highly disputed whether it is full progression, so ask the DM.

andromax
2013-01-16, 08:58 PM
And then, would it be best to go cloistered cleric for the first five levels, or would basic cleric be better? I don't much care about BAB and health prior to level 13 what with the outsider subtype that's added from Divine Disciple.

What are your guys' thoughts on this as well?

Church Inquisitor (http://dndtools.eu/classes/church-inquisitor/) is an easy 1 level dip for an extra domain at level 4. I think I mentioned it in your other thread.

Additionally, their 3rd lvl ability is pretty rad.

Nullmancer
2013-01-16, 09:13 PM
Substitute Domain would be useful. I did not know about that. Thank you.

And contemplative is kinda hard to get what with having to meet your own deity or a servant of said deity. How would one go about doing that?

Looking back over the CI prc, I'm realizing that it can be nasty as well. I apologizing for not taking note of it. >.<