PDA

View Full Version : Three Goddesses - OOC (Thread #3)



Pages : [1] 2

MikelaC1
2013-01-17, 07:48 AM
Getting ready to open thread #3.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 11:11 PM
Yay, new OOC thread! :smallbiggrin:

Setsuna's list of buffs will remain the same, with the addition of , although she will also be offering freedom of movement and energy immunity (fire) to anyone who wants it. Ask, and ye shall receive. :smallwink:

Kalirren
2013-01-19, 12:09 AM
Yes, Melinda will do the Divination. I'll edit in something in the IC, but feel free to post its result.

PSinger
2013-01-19, 12:36 AM
Sorry. I thought this was the last thing we were doing, which is why I was bringing Sword.

Toliudar
2013-01-19, 12:42 AM
I think that we as players know that it's the last thing. I can't imagine how we'd know that IC. It's no biggie, and I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Dudu
2013-01-19, 12:46 AM
I though this last mission stuff was also adressed at the IC.

But I dunno. Maybe the characters consider it the last mission because they are tired.
We have to admit, this Ailena mission don't look like a Finale. Unless (and I hope so, we have a big twist)

MikelaC1
2013-01-19, 10:36 AM
Yay, new OOC thread! :smallbiggrin:

Setsuna's list of buffs will remain the same, with the addition of , although she will also be offering freedom of movement and energy immunity (fire) to anyone who wants it. Ask, and ye shall receive. :smallwink:

Please update buffs either here or IC, Im dropping my subscription to the old OOC thread and wont be able to find it with search disabled

Morcleon
2013-01-19, 10:40 AM
Please update buffs either here or IC, Im dropping my subscription to the old OOC thread and wont be able to find it with search disabled

Spells:
Aid (entire party): 21 min
Arcane Sight: Permanent
Blur: 38 hrs
Energy Immunity (fire, cold): 24 hrs
Freedom of Movement: 3 hrs 10 min
Foresight: 3 hrs 10 min
Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability (dimensional anchor, dispel magic, glitterdust, solid fog): 19 hrs
Mage Armor: 19 hrs
Mind Blank: 24 hrs
Mirror Image, Greater: 38 min
Resist Energy (electricity, acid, sonic): 19 hrs
See Invisibility: Permanent
Superior Resistance: 24 hrs

Minor shadow Light of Lunia: 6 hrs 20 min
Minor shadow Light of Mercuria: 6 hrs 20 min
Minor shadow Light of Venya: 6 hrs 20 min

MikelaC1
2013-01-20, 10:04 AM
As we are about to enter the cave complex, I would like to remind all my older players and point out to the newer ones...when you come across a door with a riddle/puzzle on it, you can assume the door to be made of, as Toliudar once put it, plot-inum. That means do not bother to attempt to disintigrate it, teleport past it, dimension door/passwall through it, elemental-tunnel around it, hulk-smash through it, or any of the other myriad ways you can think of to bypass it, without actually solving the riddle.
They all fail.

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-20, 11:44 AM
I suppose that saves time.

lostsole31
2013-01-20, 04:11 PM
LILDORRINENE
ACTIVE SPELLS/ EFFECTS
Greater Mirror Image (8)
Moment of Prescience
See Invisibility
Undetectable Alignment registers as Neutral

Via Morcleon...
Aid
Fire Immunity
Freedom of Movement

Magic Aura on both Talbot and Wish-Killer to make them seem like masterwork items, but non-magical.

Anytime she has a chance to do so (and I doubt we're hustling through the hallways since we're not in combat), she'll use detect thoughts (DC 31). Please note usually we're looking at someone when we mention this spell, but this spell is actually great for detecting lurkers and others that my vision (including see invisibility) can't notice normally. Also gives me the INT score, so I know what I'm up against regardless of whether or not I see them.

What other party buffs?
LOK-TOO-LOO-BAZ
Inertial Armor: Max Power (+8 AC bonus to armor)
Mirror Image (8): Even if dispelled, he can Quicken SLA [Mirror Image] to pop it right back up to rolled value ... and then amp it round-to-round until he rolls max value.

Via Morcleon...
Aid
Fire Immunity
Freedom of Movement

Again. Party buffs?

Morcleon
2013-01-20, 04:14 PM
LILDORRINENE
ACTIVE SPELLS/ EFFECTS
Greater Mirror Image (8)
Moment of Prescience
See Invisibility
Undetectable Alignment registers as Neutral

Magic Aura on both Talbot and Wish-Killer to make them seem like masterwork items, but non-magical.

Anytime she has a chance to do so (and I doubt we're hustling through the hallways since we're not in combat), she'll use detect thoughts (DC 31). Please note usually we're looking at someone when we mention this spell, but this spell is actually great for detecting lurkers and others that my vision (including see invisibility) can't notice normally. Also gives me the INT score, so I know what I'm up against regardless of whether or not I see them.

What other party buffs?
LOK-TOO-LOO-BAZ
Inertial Armor: Max Power (+8 AC bonus to armor)
Mirror Image (8): Even if dispelled, he can Quicken SLA [Mirror Image] to pop it right back up to rolled value ... and then amp it round-to-round until he rolls max value.

Again. Party buffs?

Lildorrinene would asks for free movement and fire immunity.

Lok would ask for fire immunity as well. Free movement if you have it open, but not as pressing if you need more slots and the like.

Lil and Lok will get both of them. I'm pretty sure I have enough slots to buff everyone who doesn't get either of them already. well, hopefully, at least. :P

lostsole31
2013-01-20, 04:18 PM
Thanks! I'll edit the above.

MikelaC1
2013-01-20, 10:00 PM
Everyone who knows Mikela well knows she is a big NFL fan. Not only is she a big NFL fan, but she HATES the Patriots. Calls them the Cheatriots, calls Brady, Tom Shady and the coach is Bill Belicheat. Well, shes cackling big time right now as Shady walks off the field, a loser again.

MikelaC1
2013-01-21, 12:08 PM
As soon as I get some indication of a marching order, I can give the opening post of the next adventure. Alternately, I could bring out the rule on walking outdoors, which basically states that people walking in a group outdoors tend to be in a state of random disorder (and you are all chaotics anyway) and I'll just put you in a big jumble.

lostsole31
2013-01-21, 09:43 PM
That honestly makes a lot of sense. The only thing that is important is that Lildorrinene be within reach of Lok, given his position.

Toliudar
2013-01-22, 02:32 AM
Buffs for/from Dot:

Permanencied Spells:
Arcane Sight (CL 25)
Create Magic Tattoo (+1 CL) - (CL 25)
Create Magic Tattoo (Spell Resistance) - (CL 25)
Create Magic Tattoo (+2 Charisma) - (CL 25)


Standing Effects:
Dot has cast the following spells the previous night while using the Bead of Karma (CL 27 unless otherwise noted)
Anticipate Teleport, Greater
Dragonsight
Ectoplasmic Armour
Elemental Body
Energy Immunity (Electricity)
Energy Immunity (Cold)
False Life
Heart of Air, Earth, Fire and Water
Mind Blank
Moment of Prescience
Superior Resistance

Current Short Term buffs - Dot only:
Foresight
Freedom of Movement

Current Short Term Buffs - everyone
Resist Energy (Fire) - 30 points

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-22, 02:45 AM
Coquika's operative buffs:

Energy Immunity: Fire, Sonic
Mage Armor, Greater

Short-term:
Shield

MikelaC1
2013-01-22, 09:34 AM
giant initiative
[roll0]

Morcleon
2013-01-22, 11:49 AM
Yay, elemental vulnerabilities! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Casts nerveskitter for +5 init.

Setsuna Initiative: [roll0]

Toliudar
2013-01-22, 11:59 AM
A good roll to start the battle, Morcleon!

This'll be fun. Dot initiative: [roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-22, 12:49 PM
Initiative for Coquika
[roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-01-22, 01:00 PM
Selena 33
Setsuna 30
Dot 27
Lok 26
Taleira 22
Melinda 22
Lil 21
Atareth 17
Giants 14
Coquika 13

PSinger
2013-01-22, 05:29 PM
Atareth's Initiative [roll0]

Telasi
2013-01-22, 07:06 PM
Init: [roll0]

Dudu
2013-01-22, 09:51 PM
Selena's init (Neverskitter):
[roll0]

Spell Selection:
Lvl1: Silent Image / Inhibit / Neverkitter x4 x3 / Benign Transposition x2

Lvl2: Mirror Image / Entice Gift / Heroics x3 / Tasha's Hideous Laughter x2 / Glitterdust

Lvl3: Vertigo Field x2 / Suggestion x4 / Dispell / Unluck

Lvl4: Greater Mirror Image x2 / Confusion x2 / Heart of Earth / Celerity x3

Lvl5: Overland Flight / Dominate Person / Shadow Evocation x2 / Hold Monster x2 / Teleport

Lvl6: Overwhelm x2 / Heightened Phantasmal Killer (+2 DC) / Freezing Fog x2 / SMA VI x2

Lvl7: Final Rebuke / Project Image / Elemental Body / Energy Immunity / Glass Strike / Reverse Gravity

Lvl8: Superior Invisibility / Otto's Irresistible Dance / Mindblank / SMA VIII x2

Lvl9: Shades x2 / Dominate Monster

Buffs:
Heart of Earth
Elemental Body (Fire)
Mindblank
Overland Flight

lostsole31
2013-01-22, 10:58 PM
Initiative for
Lildorrinene [roll0]
Lok-too-loo-baz [roll1]

MikelaC1
2013-01-23, 06:34 PM
Not to denigrate Melinda's initiative rolling skill, but there is no way she can match some of the high rolls in the group. So we will begin, and she can roll init when she arrives.

Selena up, Setsuna on deck, Dot in the hole.

You are all currently 60 feet from the giants.

Dudu
2013-01-23, 07:13 PM
Allright, me first!

But before posting stuff at the IC, some rolls:

Knowledge of the giants (can't really remember which one)

[roll0] planes

I guess that's the one, but if it isn't, the other checks
Arcane [roll1]
Nature [roll2]
Local [roll3]


And a spellcraft to know if there's a spell already in effect on the giants
Spellcraft [roll4]

Plus, I think a freezing fog would be deadly now.
How many giants can I hit with a single freezing fog spell?

(I also plan on using a quickened suggestion on one of the giants, suggesting one of the big guys to kill his buddies)

FREEZING FOG
Conjuration (Creation)
[Cold]
Level: Sorcerer/
wizard 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1
standard action
Range: Medium
(100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Fog spreads in a 20-ft. radius,
20 ft. high
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Reflex partial;
see text
Spell Resistance: No
100
CHAPTER 1
SPELL
DESCRIPTIONS
A cool mist rises from the area you indicate.
The thick mist blocks your ability to see
within it, but the ground at its edge has
turned white with frost.
A bank of freezing mist billows out
from the point you designate, obscuring
all sight (including darkvision)
beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5
feet has concealment, while creatures
farther away have total concealment.
Each round on your turn, the frigid
mist deals 1d6 points of cold damage
to each creature and object within it.
The fog is so thick that any creature
attempting to move through it progresses
at a maximum speed of 5 feet
(regardless of its normal speed) and
takes a –2 penalty on melee attack rolls
and damage rolls and a –6 penalty on
ranged weapon attack rolls (but not
ranged spell attack rolls). A creature or
object that falls into the fog from above
is slowed, so that each 10 feet of mist
it passes through effectively reduces
overall falling damage by 1d6.
Freezing fog also coats all solid surfaces
in its area with a slick, icy rime,
and on your turn each round, each
creature in the area of the fog must
make a successful Reflex save or fall
prone. A creature that manages to stand
must make a DC 10 Balance check in
order to move, falling prone if it fails
its save by 5 or more. Creatures in the
fog can’t take a 5-foot step.
A severe wind disperses the cloud in
1 round. The spell does not function
underwater.

MikelaC1
2013-01-23, 07:26 PM
You dont see any spells active on the giants. You think you could probably catch 2 of them with the spell.

Kalirren
2013-01-24, 09:41 AM
Derp. Forgot to subscribe. And here I was wondering where all the OOC chatter was.

My character sheet's been hacked by bots, and every field except the character portrait has been replaced with the name of an inane Flash game. Therefore, I delay until I restore my sheet from backup.

Melinda's Initiative: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-01-24, 10:15 AM
Derp. Forgot to subscribe. And here I was wondering where all the OOC chatter was.

My character sheet's been hacked by bots, and every field except the character portrait has been replaced with the name of an inane Flash game. Therefore, I delay until I restore my sheet from backup.

Melinda's Initiative: [roll0]

I have a copy of it, if you need help.

MikelaC1
2013-01-24, 11:54 AM
[roll0] will save

MikelaC1
2013-01-24, 06:33 PM
[roll0] will save
[roll1] will save

Morcleon
2013-01-24, 06:37 PM
[roll0] will save
[roll1] will save

...yeah, they're gone. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

MikelaC1
2013-01-24, 06:59 PM
...yeah, they're gone. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

I really wish you wouldnt do that. Its metagaming in the extreme, and can end up causing me to roll off site.

Dudu
2013-01-24, 08:40 PM
So

Now it's two giants fighting each other.

Maybe it's time to the party sit down, relax and watch the show.
Let's place some bets!

(actually, no, the other giant still want to eat us alive)

Morcleon
2013-01-24, 08:57 PM
I really wish you wouldnt do that. Its metagaming in the extreme, and can end up causing me to roll off site.

Sorry, that was just an OOC comment... It has nothing to do with what Setsuna knows IC. :smallbiggrin:

MikelaC1
2013-01-28, 08:20 AM
Even if you intend to delay to see the results of giant-on-giant, I need a post to that effect. Once everyone posts to the point of giant/giant combat, I will resolve it, unless those after the giants want to do something.

Dudu
2013-01-28, 12:02 PM
I think I exaggerated.

Well, it won't repeat, guys. Plus, giant against giant might be fun.

PSinger
2013-01-28, 03:13 PM
Giant-on-giant action. I suddenly had this view of two giants fighting each other, and the party was circling and cheering.

Several of us were taking pictures with cellphones.

Toliudar
2013-01-28, 03:51 PM
Thank goodness! My mental image of giant on giant action was less PG.

Morcleon
2013-01-28, 04:30 PM
Thank goodness! My mental image of giant on giant action was less PG.

...sometimes, I fear for the mental health of our society... :smalltongue: not like my mental image was any different... >.>

Dudu
2013-01-28, 04:36 PM
Thank goodness! My mental image of giant on giant action was less PG.
You know, theoretically, I could also suggest this.

But only if Selena was something live chaotic/evil, for example. And instead of worshipping a goddess of love she worshipped a goddess of brutal rape.
And I, as a player, was a bit more mentally disturbed.

lostsole31
2013-01-28, 04:40 PM
You know, theoretically, I could also suggest this.

But only if Selena was something live chaotic/evil, for example. And instead of worshipping a goddess of love she worshipped a goddess of brutal rape.
And I, as a player, was a bit more mentally disturbed.
There's the line.

There's the line being crossed.

The line is gone.

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-28, 05:48 PM
So It's A Good Thing We're Not Any Of Those Things You Just Mentioned Isn't It

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-29, 01:02 AM
We're definitely out of initiative then?

MikelaC1
2013-01-29, 08:46 AM
We're definitely out of initiative then?

No, we are not. People are delaying until the giants start fighting, but any attack actions from group members must come in initiative order.

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-29, 10:12 AM
Not that it's mattered much lately, but I would quite like for Coquika to have a turn in the first round.

MikelaC1
2013-01-29, 10:22 AM
Sorry, thought the giants were last in the round, go ahead, take your action. IC edited.

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-29, 12:42 PM
woo I punched something in the vaguest way imaginable

Dudu
2013-01-30, 06:21 AM
To spare IC:

Selena will delay her actions unless the remaining Giant poses a real threat.
She'll let the party melee powerhouses deal with the remaining enemies for now.

MikelaC1
2013-01-30, 01:06 PM
A marching order is needed inside the caves. As the tunnels were widened for two giants to walk together, 4 human sized figures can walk in each row.
The walls, floor and roof are all made of stone, and have been worked into their present shape. The cieling is about 25 feet high.

Morcleon
2013-01-30, 01:20 PM
Setsuna will be flying directly in the middle of the passage, 10' above the ground (unless Atareth wants to fly, in which case Setsuna will fly in whatever space is left. :smalltongue:)

The Great Skenardo
2013-01-30, 01:22 PM
Coquika will be at the front and to the left.

PSinger
2013-01-30, 04:19 PM
Atareth will be flying at the front, vanguard that she is.

Toliudar
2013-01-30, 10:55 PM
Dot will fly at about a foot above ground level, behind Coquika.

Telasi
2013-02-01, 04:40 PM
Taleira can be wherever people need her, but given the nature of the location, I'd personally prefer to be near the front.

Dudu
2013-02-01, 06:14 PM
Selena is also flying above level.

She can be in every place that isn't front.

Kalirren
2013-02-01, 08:44 PM
Melinda is walking beside Dot. This probably puts her behind and below Atareth.

MikelaC1
2013-02-01, 09:11 PM
This gives me a pretty good idea of who is front row, which is all I need.

MikelaC1
2013-02-04, 06:17 AM
giant initiative
[roll0]

lostsole31
2013-02-04, 06:48 AM
Wow. The giants obviously heard us mumbling outside, with our voices resonating through the iron door and were ready for us.

Lil's initiative [roll0]
Lok's initiative [roll1]

PSinger
2013-02-04, 08:21 AM
Atareth' Init [roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-04, 10:36 AM
Coquika init:
[roll0]
There was one giant that ran off rather than be slaughtered outside.

Toliudar
2013-02-04, 11:51 AM
Wait, we left survivors? That never happens!

Dot initiative: [roll0]

Kalirren
2013-02-04, 12:28 PM
Wish we left more survivors. It's like trying for a no-kill playthrough in a stealth game.

Init: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-02-04, 01:26 PM
Coquika init:
[roll0]
There was one giant that ran off rather than be slaughtered outside.

There were no survivors. Two giants were caught in the fog and plane shifted by Setsuna's prismatic spray, and the other two were defeated by melee attacks.

Morcleon
2013-02-04, 03:39 PM
Cast nerveskitter for +5.

Initiative: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-02-04, 03:53 PM
Current initiative order

Lil 30
Coquika 25
Giants 24
Melinda 24
Setsuna 23
Selena 19
Dot 19
Atareth 18
Taleira 14
Lok 13

Dudu
2013-02-04, 04:00 PM
Selena

[roll0]

Telasi
2013-02-04, 04:51 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

PSinger
2013-02-04, 11:13 PM
Skenny-G, Coquika's action (and spoiler) was confusing. Did she just attack the middle or the left giant?

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-05, 01:01 AM
Dodge is declared on the left, attack falls upon the middle. This is assuming that the spell was targeted at the giant on the right.

lostsole31
2013-02-05, 02:19 AM
Lil's spell was the middle giant.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-05, 02:40 AM
oh well. Still going to kick that dude while he is/is not down.

PSinger
2013-02-05, 02:53 AM
Curb stomp 'em! :smalltongue:

Toliudar
2013-02-05, 04:18 PM
Just to check, Debbie/Mikela: is Dot picking up any magic auras on these three giants?

MikelaC1
2013-02-05, 04:37 PM
No auras on the giants, but some of their items are.

lostsole31
2013-02-05, 04:39 PM
Hey, Skenny-G! Let's hear it for a magic-melee mash-up team!

P.S.: Paul, "Skenny-G" for Great Skenardo .... LOL! :smallwink:

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-05, 04:54 PM
That's basically my dealer name for when I'm slinging Hunkadunk. I guess I have to cold ice you now that you snitched on me?

Dudu
2013-02-06, 06:42 PM
Just noticed something I forgot.

Selena has 3 Heroics spells. Could be one for each melee party member (Atareth, Coquika and Taleira).

It grants a fighter bonus feat for 10 min/level. Anyone wants/needs?

PSinger
2013-02-07, 03:42 AM
I think it's better to save them for a tougher fight.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-07, 11:50 PM
Taliera's school of martial arts:
1. be a gestalt character.
2. HIT THEM VERY VERY HARD IN PLACES WHERE IT HURTS A LOT.
3. No, harder than that.
4. WAY harder than that, you sissy.
5. Okay, good. Now hit them that hard, but four times as fast as what you have been.

It may interest you to know that in the course of one round of attacks, Taliera could cut through a pillar of ice five feet thick, or alternatively, a mature Sycamore tree.

Toliudar
2013-02-08, 12:18 AM
There is a reason why Taleira was described as a literal buzzsaw. Normally, I disapprove of such use of the word 'literally', but in this case, it was kind of amusing.

Dudu
2013-02-08, 01:01 AM
And don't forget the crits.
Four times, very hard, each attack with 25% of threatening a crit.

Kalirren
2013-02-08, 11:32 AM
Strike hard, strike fast...Well, that, and use a lightsaber too. :smallcool:

Good times.

MikelaC1
2013-02-08, 11:38 AM
I think it's better to save them for a tougher fight.

It suddenly got a lot tougher


Taliera's school of martial arts:
1. be a gestalt character.
2. HIT THEM VERY VERY HARD IN PLACES WHERE IT HURTS A LOT.
3. No, harder than that.
4. WAY harder than that, you sissy.
5. Okay, good. Now hit them that hard, but four times as fast as what you have been.

It may interest you to know that in the course of one round of attacks, Taliera could cut through a pillar of ice five feet thick, or alternatively, a mature Sycamore tree.


There is a reason why Taleira was described as a literal buzzsaw. Normally, I disapprove of such use of the word 'literally', but in this case, it was kind of amusing.


And don't forget the crits.
Four times, very hard, each attack with 25% of threatening a crit.


Strike hard, strike fast...Well, that, and use a lightsaber too. :smallcool:

Good times.

My bad, I designed these fire giants to last a bit longer. The attack result post has been edited.

Toliudar
2013-02-08, 11:39 AM
Mikela/Debbie, just to clarify the situation with the new giants: it's the top of the round, and new giants have opened the door and moved into the room. That was their action for the round, then? And they've moved to be within melee distance?

Or is it that we're hearing sounds from outside the door, and there's a clear intention that, on their action, additional giants will burst in and join the fray?

MikelaC1
2013-02-08, 11:49 AM
Mikela/Debbie, just to clarify the situation with the new giants: it's the top of the round, and new giants have opened the door and moved into the room. That was their action for the round, then? And they've moved to be within melee distance?

Or is it that we're hearing sounds from outside the door, and there's a clear intention that, on their action, additional giants will burst in and join the fray?

The doors have been opened. That was their action for round one. On their actions in this round, they will join the battle. That will be a move action as the battle has been spread to the sides of the room. (Coquika hit middle giant, others went to the ones at the side) They will then be able to attack once, standard action. Or, they may charge past those exterior battles and get at the soft underbelly of the group.

Toliudar
2013-02-08, 12:36 PM
Perfect. That helps tremendously.

Telasi
2013-02-08, 02:21 PM
Enemies that last more than a round? Excellent. :sabine:

lostsole31
2013-02-08, 04:40 PM
Since the door was just opened and a line of fire giants are there, are there any friendlies that would hinder an old-fashioned lightning bolt?

MikelaC1
2013-02-08, 04:52 PM
You would have sight lines to either door as you were in the second row and did not advance into the room

Dudu
2013-02-09, 10:42 AM
Well, there's two groups of 4 fire giants plus the one fighting Coquika, right?

I say we focus on one group, the other one I'll cast freeze fog, what you think?

I vote to freeze fog the ones threatening Atareth. It may end up hitting Dot's elemental, but this one she can summon at will. Tali's group has one giant more badly bashed.
Selena could delay her actions after Atareth (and Dot, as result) to give them time to move to the other group. This will generate AoO, but Atareth's huge AC can handle it. With freezing fog they will stay out of our way for a while, enough to deal with the rest. And there's also the cold damage, which is just a bonus.

MikelaC1
2013-02-09, 11:08 AM
Well, there's two groups of 4 fire giants plus the one fighting Coquika, right?

I say we focus on one group, the other one I'll cast freeze fog, what you think?

I vote to freeze fog the ones threatening Atareth. It may end up hitting Dot's elemental, but this one she can summon at will. Tali's group has one giant more badly bashed.
Selena could delay her actions after Atareth (and Dot, as result) to give them time to move to the other group. This will generate AoO, but Atareth's huge AC can handle it. With freezing fog they will stay out of our way for a while, enough to deal with the rest. And there's also the cold damage, which is just a bonus.

Remember that you personally are under attack from giant and casting will provoke an AoO on you.

Toliudar
2013-02-09, 12:54 PM
But casting defensively is an option, right?

MikelaC1
2013-02-09, 01:39 PM
But casting defensively is an option, right?

Rule 785, Section 204, Subsection 3a.01, Part B, Paragraph 7 of MikDeb game specifically forbids defensive casting

Toliudar
2013-02-09, 01:43 PM
All righty then!

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-09, 03:34 PM
Rule 785, Section 204, Subsection 3a.01, Part B, Paragraph 7 of MikDeb game specifically forbids defensive casting

That is very interesting and pertinent information.

PSinger
2013-02-09, 03:59 PM
Rule 785, Section 204, Subsection 3a.01, Part B, Paragraph 7 of MikDeb game specifically forbids defensive casting
What the flotz?!? When was this rule written. We had used defensive casting several times ... it's one of the biggest reasons for having the Concentration skill in the first place. :smallconfused:

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-09, 04:28 PM
"Gods help us," says Atareth, with a faint bit of anger towards Coquika. "You just separated the healer from the rest of the group."
Don't get mad at Coquika! Executive decision, not hers.

PSinger
2013-02-09, 04:32 PM
I'm not mad, Atareth is ... and she's responding to what happens. She doesn't know what's going on inside your nugget (especially now that the ruby necklaces are inert).

Makes me think of funny stuff, though, both from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:
"It's not my fault! It's not my fault!" - Han Solo (yummy)
"It's not my fault! It's not my fault!" - Lando Calrissian (no less yummy)

MikelaC1
2013-02-09, 04:46 PM
What the flotz?!? When was this rule written. We had used defensive casting several times ... it's one of the biggest reasons for having the Concentration skill in the first place. :smallconfused:

In case someone hasnt gotten this...it was a joke.

MikelaC1
2013-02-09, 04:52 PM
Im also wondering why Atareth thinks the healer is cut off from the rest of the group. The people on the other side of the Wall are Tali, the elemental and Lok. Lok isnt a healer (Lil holds the group wand) and Tali certainly isnt. The two healers (Lil by wand, Melinda by spells) are on your side.

lostsole31
2013-02-09, 05:06 PM
Well, he's already gone to a production meeting, so he probably misunderstood placement.

Assume that the post never took place since it didn't apply.

Dudu
2013-02-09, 05:49 PM
Defensive Casting is on?

In any case, whenever someone attacks Selena, she'll burn an immediate to cast improved mirror image.

So, I'm just warning. It will be [roll0] images (max 8)



edit: post #569. They already attacked Selena. So she's already with the images.
Mikelbie, please roll to see which image the giant hit (or if he hit Selena herself)

MikelaC1
2013-02-09, 05:56 PM
[roll0] 8 images + 1 Selena...1=Selena

lostsole31
2013-02-09, 05:59 PM
Of course, to be fair ... and the same goes with Lok and Lil ... the images do not have the same AC as the subject, so it is far easier to dismiss images in the course of a round.

Of course, with Selena and Lil having greater mirror image, and Lok having normal mirror image but with Quicken SLA [mirror image], they have to get jumped by a lot of attacks in a single round.

Dudu
2013-02-09, 06:06 PM
Second time Selena is saved by immediates. Love them.

Still, use those immadiates in PbP is kind of fishy. So, to make things clear, whenever a someone tries to hit Selena in combat, she'll cast greater mirror image, as long as she can.
When seriously threatened she might also cast celerity, in case she already spent her GMIs. That's why I prepared them, anyway.

Plus, I just noticed another funny thing. I bought a ring of invisibility for her. Which allows me to cast any spell that don't harm someone without being seen.
If I wasn't so sleepy she wouldn't even be a target for this fight.

MikelaC1
2013-02-09, 06:23 PM
When seriously threatened she might also cast celerity, in case she already spent her GMIs. That's why I prepared them, anyway.

This campaign is nearing its end so Im not going to make an issue of this but I really dont like the celerity line of spells. If this wasnt the case, I would ask you to swap them out.

Kalirren
2013-02-10, 08:43 PM
And before I forget, casting a spell like that in combat provokes an AoO,...

Inflame the Righteous is not a spell, it's bardic music. (Fine, Evangelist oratory, but whatever.) Either way, it's (Su) so it doesn't provoke. Even if it did provoke, his AoO would occur before my action resolves, so he wouldn't take damage if he hit.

And it's 1d6+15, my bad. Will correct.

PSinger
2013-02-13, 04:10 AM
Atareth *bumps* the meanie giant on the head wid her widdle hammer.

lostsole31
2013-02-13, 05:47 AM
Ohhh, damn. So much for a crit, but at least Elly got a hit.

Morcleon
2013-02-13, 08:05 AM
*checks initiative order* ...wait, it was my turn? Rolled a 1 on spot, now didn't we... -.-

*rushes off to make an IC post*

MikelaC1
2013-02-13, 08:27 AM
needing 20, dont need to bother with bonuses

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: Woot!

MikelaC1
2013-02-13, 08:31 AM
1=Melinda, 2=Coquika, 3=Selena

[roll0]

Kalirren
2013-02-13, 11:32 AM
Ow? (of course, I read the OOC thread first)

MikelaC1
2013-02-13, 11:34 AM
Not an ow yet...but your giant is the one that made his save. So perhaps an ow next round.

MikelaC1
2013-02-13, 06:21 PM
[roll0] reflex
[roll1] will
[roll2] fort

MikelaC1
2013-02-13, 09:08 PM
Non D&D comment: Matt Cooke is the dirtiest jerk in the league and the entire Penguins organization should be ashamed of the fact that he is on their team.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-13, 09:11 PM
Non D&D comment:
You know what game hasn't aged well? Alone in the Dark 3.

Dudu
2013-02-14, 09:23 AM
Ok, some tactical info.

The giants threatening Selena and Tali are down and the 3 giants threatening Atareth and Dot are still standing?

MikelaC1
2013-02-14, 09:41 AM
Incorrect. Tali, Lok and one of the elementals are on the opposite side of a Wall of Force, facing 4 giants. Selena is facing a held giant, Coquika is facing two giants, one held, Atareth is facing one giant, and Melinda is facing one giant.

MikelaC1
2013-02-15, 10:13 AM
Due to a recent slowdown in posting activity, I am considering going to a 48 hour (and perhaps even 24 hour) turn around time for activity. I realize that IRL can sometimes get in the way, but this slowdown is causing the loss of interest for many. I know the campaign is now slated for closure, but I am hoping that this has not caused people to quit beforehand.

PSinger
2013-02-15, 05:28 PM
Just waiting ... :smallsigh:

Telasi
2013-02-17, 02:27 AM
Huh, not often you see a natural 1 AND a natural 20 in the same attack routine. Eh, such is life.

lostsole31
2013-02-17, 06:20 PM
Lok's telekinetic disarm attempt: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-02-17, 06:34 PM
opposed disarm

[roll0]

lostsole31
2013-02-17, 07:08 PM
Nice job! That was a good tussle.

What's the tactical for Lil?

MikelaC1
2013-02-17, 07:28 PM
Lil is not threatened by anything. Remember that the two giants threatening Tali and Lok are on the other side of a Wall of Force...there are 5 other giants on her side, 2 held.

MikelaC1
2013-02-18, 07:51 AM
[roll0] Fort (needing 20, so no point with bonuses)

[roll1] no opponent specified if he fails save, 1=Selena's, 2=Coquika's

MikelaC1
2013-02-18, 11:59 AM
and the held giant on Selena gets another save

[roll0]

EDIT: So close and yet so far

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-18, 12:21 PM
Not to be contrary, but none of those attacks hit Coquika.

10+4(Mage Armor) +7(Shield) +3(Dex) +6(Natural) +5(Deflection) +8(Wis) +2(Monk) +2(Foresight) +1(Dodge) = 48

MikelaC1
2013-02-18, 12:24 PM
The AC listed on your CRS is 34...but I see it doesnt include armour & shield.

MikelaC1
2013-02-18, 08:18 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Telasi
2013-02-18, 08:41 PM
Karmic AoO

Attack 1
Hit: [roll0] vs. Touch AC, threat range 15-20.
Damage: [roll1] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic) + [roll2] Vampiric
Critical: [roll3], [roll4] extra damage.

Dudu
2013-02-20, 01:27 PM
You can skip me again.

This week I'll be very busy. I'll warn you when things get back to normal.

Kalirren
2013-02-21, 12:57 AM
The magical force of your spells, bardic powers, etc. cannot pass through the Wall, but I see nothing that says your normal speech cannot. Its not iron or stone.

...but it's a wall of force. It's a region of space with infinite impedance. Shouldn't it be -worse- than any normal material, and be a perfect reflector?...

...Okay, I'll stop arguing before I kill an entire legion of catgirls.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-21, 01:26 PM
One can asphyxiate inside a sphere of force, I know that for sure.

MikelaC1
2013-02-22, 07:23 AM
[roll0] opposed disarm
[roll1] will save

MikelaC1
2013-02-23, 08:11 PM
When divvying up loot, remember that there were 9 giants, but only 5 of them were actually killed, and 4 of them ceased fighting due to Melinda's suggestion, looting them will likely provoke a reaction.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-23, 08:46 PM
Giant loot is chump change. It's not like Coquika really needs to save up for retirement or anything.

Toliudar
2013-02-23, 08:52 PM
Hey, Starmetal don't come cheap! Especially when you literally eat it for breakfast.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-23, 09:07 PM
Or at least, if you ate starmetal on ten separate occasions over the course of a decade a hundred years ago.

Once you reach emerald perfection, Green Star Adepts don't eat anything.

Toliudar
2013-02-23, 10:09 PM
Huh! And here I was thinking of it as a kind of ongoing addiction.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-23, 10:32 PM
That's probably because someone said so IC, and Coquika never bothered to correct her.

MikelaC1
2013-02-26, 12:46 PM
Cave in? More likely blast out as the lava busts through the mountain. Cave in later after the volcano stops erupting, but if Thorg has his way (at least as he's explained to his minions) there wont be an end to the eruption.

Kalirren
2013-02-26, 05:54 PM
Oh, right. If the lava doesn't stop coming, there's no cave-in to be had...

Wow, that's some real hubris there. Hubris that can literally be measured in units of pressure...yep, he's crazy.

Incidentally, does anyone else here play Dwarf Fortress? :smallbiggrin:

MikelaC1
2013-02-27, 08:50 PM
Okay folks, it was a suggestion to stop fighting, not a charm. You arent going to convince them otherwise and theres going to be a limit on the time you can debate them before they get tired of it and start fighting again.

Toliudar
2013-02-28, 12:27 AM
We've got several beguiles in the group, right? Can we go ahead and spam em with dominates, then use no lethal damage on the rest?

MikelaC1
2013-02-28, 08:24 AM
We've got several beguiles in the group, right? Can we go ahead and spam em with dominates, then use no lethal damage on the rest?

If you attempt to use dominates on them, that will break the suggestion and provoke counter attacks. The people who are trying to cast spells will need to roll initiative against the giants. At that point, we determine order, and see if they make their saves or not. So I would need a list of who is trying to use spells, and then init checks. Or you could simply bundle them back into their rooms, put up Walls and continue on. Your choice....but please make one.

MikelaC1
2013-02-28, 08:45 PM
[roll0] dragon initiative

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-28, 10:19 PM
Quick question: has it been less than three hours since the first encounter with the fire giants?
[roll0]
[roll1]
Immune to fear via Mind Blank
EDIT: Man, thank goodness for Improved Evasion. A monk with a mere +20 reflex just can't cut it!

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 10:26 PM
Initiative (w/ Nerveskitter): [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1] *hopes for nat 20* ... Nope! XD
Acid Resistance 30, reduces damage from 144 to 114.
Immune to fear via Mind Blank.

Conditions/Effects:Spells:
Aid (entire party): 21 min
Arcane Sight: Permanent
Blur: 38 hrs
Energy Immunity (fire, cold): 24 hrs
Freedom of Movement: 3 hrs 10 min
Foresight: 3 hrs 10 min
Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability (dimensional anchor, dispel magic, glitterdust, major image (5th), sending, solid fog): 19 hrs
Mage Armor: 19 hrs
Mind Blank: 24 hrs
Mirror Image, Greater: 38 min
Resist Energy (electricity, acid, sonic): 19 hrs
See Invisibility: Permanent
Superior Resistance: 24 hrs

Minor shadow Light of Lunia: 6 hrs 20 min
Minor shadow Light of Mercuria: 6 hrs 20 min
Minor shadow Light of Venya: 6 hrs 20 min

HP: 39/153
Spells: 12 (16) 18 (16) 15 (14) 15 (13) 11 (7)

Condition and Effects:
+5 to saves against death effects, negative energy, energy drain; 1/day reroll failed save.
+5 to saves against poison and disease; 1/day reroll failed save.
+2 bonus to overcome SR.
50% chance of deflecting a ranged attack if move 10 or more ft.
Fast Healing 1.
Resistance to fire 5, cold 5, electricity 5.
Invisible.
Doubled carrying capacity.
Ignore all hostile planar effects.
Breathe in any environment, ignore harmful vapors/gases.
Suppress all confusion, fear and stunning conditions in allies in 20 ft radius.
No need to eat or drink.
Sleep 2 hours to gain effects of 8.

Immune: blinded, confusion, dazzled, exhaustion, fatigue, fear, grappling, mind-affecting, movement penalties, stunning.

EDIT: *pouts at TGS* Well some of us don't have that luxury, and don't have that high of a Reflex save. Oh well, me and my 39 HP sitting here... :smalltongue:

Toliudar
2013-02-28, 10:59 PM
Dot initiative: [roll0]

Reflex Save: [roll1], using Moment of Prescience

Will save vs dragonfear: [roll2] (I don't think Dragonfear is marked as mind-affecting, strangely enough)

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 11:03 PM
Dot initiative: [roll0]

Reflex Save: [roll1], using Moment of Prescience

Will save vs dragonfear: [roll2] (I don't think Dragonfear is marked as mind-affecting, strangely enough)

All fear is mind-affecting.

...and dammit, I should have used MoP! :smallannoyed::smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

lostsole31
2013-02-28, 11:04 PM
The assumption is that we are within 10' of Atareth, so a bonus from her aura of courage.

Lildorrinene's Initiative: [roll0]
*** Reflex save vs acid [roll1]
*** Will save vs dragon fear [roll2]
>>> *** Fear effects are suppressed w/in 20' of Setsuna.

Lok-Too-Loo-Baz' Initiative: [roll3]
*** Reflex save vs acid [roll4]
*** Will save vs dragon fear [roll5]
>>> *** Fear effects are suppressed w/in 20' of Setsuna.
>>> *** Since Lok doesn't have a superior resistance bonus, he receives a +4 to the acid for Atareth's aura, and +8 total for the resist (fear +4 resistance, +4 morale). All calculated above.

Toliudar
2013-02-28, 11:05 PM
All fear is mind-affecting.

Source? The special ability isn't marked as mind-affecting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fear), although the spell is.

lostsole31
2013-02-28, 11:08 PM
Correct, that's why 'most' fear spells mention fear, mind-affecting, rather than just mind-affecting. It's a different descriptor, and not superceded by another. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but there are several necromancy spells which are Fear, but not mind-affecting.

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 11:09 PM
Source? The special ability isn't marked as mind-affecting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fear), although the spell is.

This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fear).


All fear attacks are mind-affecting fear effects

Toliudar
2013-02-28, 11:10 PM
I am officially a moron. Disregard Dot's will save as well, then.

Telasi
2013-03-01, 01:54 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1]
Will: [roll2]

Edit: :smalleek: HOLY CRAP, I PASSED! This is good, because failing either save would have meant no Tali for this fight. Failed Reflex = dead Taleira (not that she's in great shape even after half), and dragonfear is no fun on the fighters. Of course, my initiative sucks, but I'll take getting to initiative at all.

PSinger
2013-03-01, 02:58 AM
Atareth's Initiative [roll0]

Immune to acid and fear.

Every ally w/in 10' of her gets a +4 morale bonus vs fear.

Every creature w/in 20' of her gets a double-strength magic circle against evil from attacks by evil creatures (+4 deflection to AC, +4 resistance with saves), as well as normal benefits. If it matters in the battle, and this includes friendlies (no wraithstrike for Tali) any 3rd-level or lower spell is suppressed within this aura, as a lesser globe of invulnerability.

MikelaC1
2013-03-01, 07:32 AM
Current initiative
Dot 33
Lok 25
Selena 21
Setsuna 21
Atarath 20
Lil 17
Dragon 16
Coquika 14
Tali 10
Melinda 6

Waiting on: Melinda, Selena


(no wraithstrike for Tali)

Debbie proceeds to start dancing....

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 08:05 AM
1-3... that also emcompasses Mage Armor and Shield, does it not.
That rather drops Coquika's AC by 11.

MikelaC1
2013-03-01, 08:11 AM
1-3... that also emcompasses Mage Armor and Shield, does it not.
That rather drops Coquika's AC by 11.

The dragon further smacks his lips as the party slowly turns to pincushions....

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 08:16 AM
So I guess the thesis of today's battle is for everyone to stay at least 20 feet away from Atareth at all times.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 09:30 AM
The dragon further smacks his lips as the party slowly turns to pincushions....

Hey man, in a world where a +20 Reflex modifier doesn't cut it, a high AC is basically all Coquika had going for her!

Toliudar
2013-03-01, 10:09 AM
Wait, I'm confused. If it's like Globe of Invulnerability, then all that that does is stop low-level spells being fired into it. It's explicit that "any type of spell can be cast through or out of the magical globe. Spells of 4th level and higher are not affected by the globe, nor are spells already in effect when the globe is cast." So mage armour is fine, but wraithstrike would still be screwed.

MikelaC1
2013-03-01, 10:13 AM
Wait, I'm confused. If it's like Globe of Invulnerability, then all that that does is stop low-level spells being fired into it. It's explicit that "any type of spell can be cast through or out of the magical globe. Spells of 4th level and higher are not affected by the globe, nor are spells already in effect when the globe is cast." So mage armour is fine, but wraithstrike would still be screwed.

The dragon is fine with that. He's much more afraid of Tali's wraithstrike than Coquika's mage armour.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 10:17 AM
The dragon is fine with that. He's much more afraid of Tali's wraithstrike than Coquika's mage armour.

CHRISTMAS IS SAVED!

Kalirren
2013-03-01, 10:28 AM
Init: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1] for none

Ow. Just ow. Edit: Booyah! Still looks like Mass Heal is called for, though...

Telasi
2013-03-01, 12:35 PM
Tali is a dervish, so she'll just whirl on out of the area and cast it before attacking. Wraithstrike targets Tali, so she won't be casting anything into the zone or targeting anything in the zone with the spell at that point. It should still work just fine.

MikelaC1
2013-03-02, 03:23 PM
Selena initiative, DM rolled
[roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-03-02, 03:24 PM
Current initiative
Dot 33
Lok 25
Selena 21
Setsuna 21
Atarath 20
Lil 17
Dragon 16
Coquika 14
Tali 10
Melinda 6

Dot up, Lok on deck, Selena in the hole, Setsuna to follow

MikelaC1
2013-03-02, 11:49 PM
I should probably roll Selena's acid save as well...
[roll0] REF

Edit: Made, Improved Evasion=0

MikelaC1
2013-03-03, 10:03 AM
As we are about to go into a major battle, I thought I would re-iterate the rules on 'death' for this campaign. In our game, 'death' occurs when you go into negatives. Any level of negatives, -1 or -50, it doesnt matter and there is no stablilizing or anything special about -10. However the death is not instantaneous, in one regard. You are unable to help yourself but if some member of your group heals you to a level of at least +1 before the creature that damaged you to that level acts again (meaning exactly one round has passed) then you are saved.

MikelaC1
2013-03-04, 07:40 AM
Dots SR roll [roll0]
Dragons FORT save [roll1]

EDIT: Toli, I used +19 for your spell penetration. If its higher (by 2 pts) let me know and I will retcon. Its a bummer if you dont, because he actually failed his save. Otherwise, result is as stated.

Toliudar
2013-03-04, 11:28 AM
My level for spell penetration with conjurations (her specialty) is actually 24, or 26 if Cloaked Casting is in effect. Huzzah!

lostsole31
2013-03-04, 03:25 PM
Having trouble following:
1) There is a green dragon.
2) There is a green dragon dracolich.
3) We are facing a green dragon with a dracolich hanging back.

MikelaC1
2013-03-04, 03:31 PM
Having trouble following:
1) There is a green dragon.
2) There is a green dragon dracolich.
3) We are facing a green dragon with a dracolich hanging back.

You are facing only a green dragon. I described the room as being STOP sign shaped, as was the room with the dracolich in the last dungeon. However, there is no dracolich here. Only an angry green.

MikelaC1
2013-03-06, 10:15 AM
Setsuna rolls
[roll0] ranged touch attack
[roll1] spell penetration
[roll2] dragon save (vs. DC27)
[roll3] disintegrate damage or [roll4] saved damage

Morcleon
2013-03-06, 12:25 PM
Yeah, yeah, I've been rather busy lately. :smalltongue:

I promise I'll actually do my turn next time! :smallbiggrin:

MikelaC1
2013-03-07, 07:31 AM
I can't help but think that the caster level on the wand was higher, but I don't have that written down

Caster level on the wand gives you the maximum bonus that a cure spell can give. C'mon, its made by the three most powerful priestesses in the world.

MikelaC1
2013-03-07, 07:52 AM
Waiting on a hit point status update from the 3 possible targets for the dragons bite/claw/claw/wing/wing/tail routine.

MikelaC1
2013-03-07, 10:12 AM
fun, fun, fun
@ Taleira
[roll0] bite & [roll1] damage
[roll2] claw & [roll3] damage

@ Coquika
[roll4] claw & [roll5] damage
[roll6] wing & [roll7] damage

@ Atarath
[roll8] wing & [roll9] damage
[roll10] tail & [roll11] damage

lostsole31
2013-03-07, 04:00 PM
Caster level on the wand gives you the maximum bonus that a cure spell can give. C'mon, its made by the three most powerful priestesses in the world.
I thought it was something like that. I'll provide the extra 13 hit points to Lok.

Waiting on a hit point status update from the 3 possible targets for the dragons bite/claw/claw/wing/wing/tail routine.I'll have to go to IC and see if that includes Lok or Lil.

MikelaC1
2013-03-08, 08:13 PM
When we enter into round two, I am going to go to a 24 hour turnaround time. Taleira, Melinda, you can take your actions now as well, and I will edit in Coquika if her entry comes in after. She is going to go for an attack routine and hope someone heals her in battle.

Telasi
2013-03-09, 03:18 AM
Figures I roll terribly on Tali's big attack; I suspect this thing has a pretty good Touch AC. At least a couple of those may be crits, which would be some consolation.

MikelaC1
2013-03-09, 09:30 AM
Coquika attack rolls

[roll0] attack & [roll1] damage
[roll2] attack & [roll3] damage
[roll4] attack & [roll5] damage
[roll6] attack & [roll7] damage
[roll8] attack & [roll9] damage

MikelaC1
2013-03-10, 10:49 AM
[roll0] Dragon fort save

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-11, 01:37 AM
A couple of points:
Firstly, does the dragon's natural weapon count as adamantine for the purposes of damage reduction?

Secondly, Coquika is not affected by any necromantic energy, positive or negative. Healing spells don't help her in any way. Possibly someone with sufficient Knowledge: Arcana ranks might know that.

Toliudar
2013-03-11, 02:55 AM
Ah, of course! My mistake. Well, we'll let this action stand, and consider it a wake-up call for Dot.

MikelaC1
2013-03-11, 07:21 AM
A couple of points:
Firstly, does the dragon's natural weapon count as adamantine for the purposes of damage reduction?

No, they dont

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-11, 09:29 AM
woohoo, Coquika takes 20 less damage from that barrage

MikelaC1
2013-03-12, 05:40 PM
Dragon attack rolls
[roll0] attack & [roll1] damage bite
[roll2] attack & [roll3] damage claw
[roll4] attack & [roll5] damage claw
[roll6] attack & [roll7] damage wing
[roll8] attack & [roll9] damage wing
[roll10] attack & [roll11] damage tail

Telasi
2013-03-12, 06:02 PM
Karmic Strike makes those all hits, in a rare case of the AC penalty (not reflected on my sheet due to being a huge PITA to keep editing in and out every fight, same with spell modifiers) actually mattering. Net damage to Taleira after applying her DR is 63 with those rolls reflected. Appropriate AoOs below.

Attack 1
Hit: [roll0] vs. Touch AC, threat range 15-20.
Damage: [roll1] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic) + [roll2] Vampiric
Critical: [roll3], [roll4] extra damage.
Attack 2
Hit: [roll5] vs. Touch AC, threat range 15-20.
Damage: [roll6] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic) + [roll7] Vampiric
Critical: [roll8], [roll9] extra damage.
Attack 3
Hit: [roll10] vs. Touch AC, threat range 15-20.
Damage: [roll11] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic) + [roll12] Vampiric
Critical: [roll13], [roll14] extra damage.
Attack 4
Hit: [roll15] vs. Touch AC, threat range 15-20.
Damage: [roll16] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic) + [roll17] Vampiric
Critical: [roll18], [roll19] extra damage.
Attack 5
Hit: [roll20] vs. Touch AC, threat range 15-20.
Damage: [roll21] (adamantine, slashing, evil, chaotic) + [roll22] Vampiric
Critical: [roll23], [roll24] extra damage.

MikelaC1
2013-03-12, 06:02 PM
Please confirm, I believe Setsuna is down.

Telasi
2013-03-13, 11:03 AM
Or maybe how it's not done, with those rolls. The dice are trying to kill me again. :smallyuk:

Kalirren
2013-03-13, 11:55 AM
Well, either way, she's not down anymore... :smallbiggrin:

MikelaC1
2013-03-13, 12:13 PM
some rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Morcleon
2013-03-13, 04:03 PM
Please confirm, I believe Setsuna is down.

She had 40 HP before the attack, brought down to 8, then up to full (153) with the heal. :smallsmile:

MikelaC1
2013-03-13, 05:10 PM
Dragon save
[roll0] fort

MikelaC1
2013-03-14, 04:46 PM
Dragon save
[roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-14, 05:12 PM
Believe Coquika goes immediately after the dragon, not that I can blame you for overlooking the fact.

MikelaC1
2013-03-14, 05:36 PM
Editedten char

MikelaC1
2013-03-18, 04:54 PM
Now please remember. You no longer have telepathic communication with each other. That means, no PMing each other the address of your thread, and no helping with each others problem (except for the people in your group of course) and no co-ordination of movement through the dungeon.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-18, 05:01 PM
Are we to do such rolls as need rolling in this OOC?
[roll0]

Telasi
2013-03-18, 05:03 PM
Init: [roll0]

Toliudar
2013-03-18, 06:27 PM
Sorry - forgot about rolling Init here. Dot's roll was 30.

MikelaC1
2013-03-18, 06:29 PM
You dont have to roll in the OOC. It can be done IC as well.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-18, 06:46 PM
Well, so as not to double-post in the IC I'm posting that confirm Roll here.
[roll0] [roll1]

lostsole31
2013-03-18, 08:47 PM
I rolled initiative for the two 'L''s on the threads just to keep it more visibly accessible for you.

Morcleon
2013-03-20, 10:04 PM
@Mikela: How many minutes have passed since we first entered the volcano? I may have forgotten to keep updating my buff durations... >.<

Also, I'll have something up tomorrow afternoon (which should be about 17 hours). Today has been really busy for me... -.-

MikelaC1
2013-03-21, 06:41 AM
At least an hour has passed. You fought the giants for at least 3 rounds, you then conversed with them for some time, you fought the dragon for 3 rounds, cast a lot of healing and then spent some time figuring out what to do with the machine.

Morcleon
2013-03-21, 04:37 PM
Setsuna has greater mirror image up. As she would have refreshed it when the duration ended, the second one has 16 minutes left.

Rolling for each of the two attacks (1 hits Setsuna, everything else hits an image). I'm not rolling for the first, because it's already been done and confirmed.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

EDIT: She has 6 images left.

PSinger
2013-03-22, 01:12 AM
Gotta brag unless there's some unseen force ... three swings, two crit possibilities w/ one standard hit. Total after all rolls?

213 damage by Atareth in one round!

Telasi
2013-03-22, 01:15 AM
:smalleek: Nicely done.

MikelaC1
2013-03-27, 06:35 AM
For round 1, only the door for Melinda, Atarath and Coquika has opened. I have calculated the lag time for the rest of the group, based on how long it took for combat and based on how long it took to solve the puzzle. Basically, the first group will spend round 1 in combat, the second group (Taleira, Lok and Selena) will enter on round 2, and group 3 (Dot, Lil, Setsuna) will enter on round 3. Therefore only Melinda, Atarath and Coquika should roll initiative for now.

[roll0] giant initiative

MikelaC1
2013-03-27, 06:45 AM
Oh, and if anyone wants to see the other groups puzzles, that can be arranged.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-27, 08:41 AM
Initiative Thus
[roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-03-27, 08:54 AM
Giants 21
Atarath 19
Melinda 18
Coquika 9

Kalirren
2013-03-27, 09:28 AM
Init: [roll0]

lostsole31
2013-03-27, 10:47 AM
Initiative for when it matters

Lildorrinene: [roll0]
Lok-too-loo-Baz: [roll1]

PSinger
2013-03-27, 03:02 PM
Atareth's Initiative = [roll0]

Morcleon
2013-03-27, 03:03 PM
Setsuna's Initiative when needed (w/ nerveskitter): [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-03-29, 10:51 AM
Current initiative order

Lok 29
Giants 21
Taleira 20
Atarath 19
Melinda 18
Coquika 9

waiting on Taleira, Selena

Telasi
2013-03-29, 10:48 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-03-29, 11:04 PM
Lok up for round 2

lostsole31
2013-03-30, 12:43 PM
On my way down to ABQ, it'll have to be tonight.

MikelaC1
2013-03-30, 08:22 PM
I want to point out to the group arriving in this round, and the one arriving in the next round...you are completely unaware of what happened to Coquika's spell, and if you are primarily a caster and do something different because you think magic will not work..........

Kalirren
2013-03-31, 08:58 AM
Yeah. I've been sticking to posting informative communications from Melinda on her initiative. People will probably know then. But people who are quicker out the gates will just have to see for themselves. *shudder*

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-31, 09:55 AM
I want to point out to the group arriving in this round, and the one arriving in the next round...you are completely unaware of what happened to Coquika's spell, and if you are primarily a caster and do something different because you think magic will not work..........

... then shame on you, you naughty naughty children. *finger wagging*

lostsole31
2013-03-31, 03:43 PM
Sorry, gang. I was exhausted coming back from ABQ. Starting about 1930, I crashed for 14 hours. Posting for Lok now ...

Telasi
2013-03-31, 07:40 PM
This is going to suck for me, but I have no way of knowing about the magic warping feature, per Mikela's post.

MikelaC1
2013-03-31, 07:55 PM
Yes, it worked. :smallconfused:

Telasi
2013-03-31, 08:01 PM
Yay, I'm alive! :smallsmile:

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-31, 09:02 PM
Coquika is probably strong enough to use Deflect Arrows on those stones.

MikelaC1
2013-03-31, 09:17 PM
Coquika is probably strong enough to use Deflect Arrows on those stones.

The feat specifically mentions that giant boulders cannot be deflected, and doesnt list any sort of STR adjust that would allow you to. Its the mass of the incoming weapon that would defeat your attempt to deflect it.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-31, 10:24 PM
Oh well. Next time we come across a puzzle, just you watch Coquika go!
#brainsnotbrawnyo

Telasi
2013-03-31, 10:27 PM
Or be Taleira and kick giant ass before solving the puzzle on the first try. :smallsmile:

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-31, 10:30 PM
Or be Taleira and kick giant ass before solving the puzzle on the first try. :smallsmile:

Yes, or that. You could do that too.

MikelaC1
2013-03-31, 10:30 PM
Oh well. Next time we come across a puzzle, just you watch Coquika go!
#brainsnotbrawnyo


Or be Taleira and kick giant ass before solving the puzzle on the first try. :smallsmile:

Both of you would have receive extra XP credit for your solutions, but seeing as this is the last mission, it wouldnt really give you anything.

MikelaC1
2013-04-01, 09:11 AM
giant fort save [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-04-01, 09:24 AM
Current initiative order:

Lok 29
Dot 29
Lil 26
Giant 21
Taleira 20
Atareth 19
Melinda 18
Setsuna 17
Coquika 9

Waiting on: Dot.
Please note, as before, for Lil, Dot and Setsuna, there is no indication that magic sometimes behaves in a wonky fashion, and to be honest, Lok and Taleira have been given no indication either, in fact, they saw two spells go off properly.

Morcleon
2013-04-01, 09:27 AM
Please note, as before, for Lil, Dot and Setsuna, there is no indication that magic sometimes behaves in a wonky fashion, and to be honest, Lok and Taleira have been given no indication either, in fact, they saw two spells go off properly.

Acknowledged.

...hey, does the large chamber with the lava happen to be in the NW of the room we were in?

MikelaC1
2013-04-01, 09:28 AM
Acknowledged.

...hey, does the large chamber with the lava happen to be in the NW of the room we were in?

It is a little hard to make the spatial relationship, but you can see that it might be.

Toliudar
2013-04-01, 09:51 PM
Dot initiative: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-04-02, 06:17 AM
giant fort save [roll0]