PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Gunslinger/Muskeeter and multiattack

Heilmut Von L.
2013-01-17, 02:59 PM
I'm new to this class but it seems that it's difficult to use my full attack action due to the reload time and the poor capacity of this weapon.

Answers to my problem?

Edge of Dreams
2013-01-17, 04:05 PM
That's why the Gunslinger uses Feats and Deeds to make a single shot that is as deadly as possible, instead of firing lots of weaker shots.

Take a look at the Dead Shot deed, the Rapid Reload class feature and the Rapid Reload Feat.

Heilmut Von L.
2013-01-17, 04:14 PM
What's the connection between those three feats? How can I get advantage of the rapid reload feat/feature when using dead shot deed?

Edge of Dreams
2013-01-17, 04:21 PM
What's the connection between those three feats? How can I get advantage of the rapid reload feat/feature when using dead shot deed?

I didn't mean to use them all in the same round. I just meant those are three things which could contribute to making the gunslinger work for you.

Generally, I think you'd want to fire a Dead Shot in one round, then reload as a standard action (using Rapid Reload) in the next round, and use your move action that round to re-position if needed. Then, in the third round, Dead Shot again. You could also use the Lightning Reload deed combined with Rapid Reload feat to reload as a swift action, allowing you to Dead Shot two rounds in a row.

Heilmut Von L.
2013-01-17, 04:29 PM
Ok, understood! Thank u :smallsmile: What about alchemical ammo?

NightbringerGGZ
2013-01-17, 04:37 PM
It is normally a full-round action to load a Musket (or similar early firearm). The Musket Master archetype helps you out a bit with this issue.

First, you get Rapid Reload (Muskets) for free. This drops your reload speed by one step (to Standard Action).

Next, you can (and should) fire an Alchemical Cartridge from your gun. These will increase your misfire by 1, but drop your reload speed by one step. This allows you to fire your musket every round right at level 1.

At level 3, you gain the Fast Musket deed. So long as you have 1 unspent Grit point, this allows you to treat two-handed firearms as one-handed firearms when calculating reload speed. This means that with Rapid Reload, it is now a Move Action to reload. With Alchemical Cartridge ammo it is a Free action.

Since it is now a free action, have fun with Rapid Shot.

Person_Man
2013-01-17, 04:43 PM
Your observation is an astute one. Even with the good advice on reloading above, most of the Deeds are Standard Actions for 1 shot. In general, your average damage will be lower then a ranger, rogue, zen archer monk, or other ranged weapon build making a full attack with a magical bow.

Cieyrin did a pretty comprehensive handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11719683) you might want to look at. But no matter how you cut it, it's a weakish Tier 4 class. It does one thing sorta well.

NightbringerGGZ
2013-01-18, 12:23 PM
Well Person Man, there is one build that is actually quite powerful: Dual Wielding Pistolero.

This build uses Quick Draw and attached Weapon Cords to your guns. You use a complex (and slightly ridiculous) system ,of Weapon Juggling to reload pistols up until the point when you can purchase revolvers. With revolvers you have to reload less often. At level 11 you pick the feat Signature Deed and apply it to Up Close & Deadly to add multiple extra D6s to every shot. You also pick up the Snapshot feat chain, allow you to make ranged AoPs on targets within 15 feet.

Individual shots aren't as powerful as say a 2-Handed Fighter or Barbarian, but if you stay in Melee you can fire off an obscene amount of attacks each round.

Heilmut Von L.
2013-01-19, 11:01 AM
Can I use the Gunslinger class in a 3.5 campaign without problems?

Frosty
2013-01-19, 01:10 PM
You'll be doing less damage than fighters and rangers, but it touch AC, so I don't see any issues.