PDA

View Full Version : From the Dark - IC

Saskia
2013-01-17, 05:57 PM
Bremen
Two days ago, you arrived in a mountain town south of Schartzstrauch called Karlsruhe. It's a surface town, but most of the 1200 inhabitants are dwarves and kobolds working the mines. Karlsruhe bears tall, thick walls and a garrison strong enough to man them twenty-four hours a day, which you can guess has contributed significantly to its survival, though the town chatter seems to revolve mostly around lost grain shipments. The town also houses a sizable temple to Boccob just across the town square from the courthouse. After a brief demonstration of your magical aptitude the two caretakers, a dwarven couple of middling age, allowed you to peruse its library unrestricted.

About an hour has passed, and you can just barely hear the bell atop the courthouse begin to ring frantically in the otherwise deathly quiet temple library.

Grinning Jack
Having passed through the comfortingly substantial walls of a dwarven-kobold town of about 1200 residents just this afternoon, you find a degree respite from the dangerous trip in a large tavern called Ritz' Rest within the town of Karlsruhe. The proprietor, a human who bears an accent most certainly not indigenous to the area, acknowledges your journey, offering admiration of your bravery and a complementary bottle of wine. A young and inebriated elven patron who seems quite unaware that her tunic is perhaps not covering as much as it did when she was still sober sits down beside you and loudly introduces herself as Ellie. Equally loudly, she asks if you've seen anything going on and chatters at great length about various trivial subjects like the weather, but quietly and repeatedly she insists that "it's been too quiet" for her liking and makes much ado about a lack of "real men" until she is interrupted by the town's signal bell clanging loudly and energetically, accompanied almost immediately by a dwarven man in scale armor bursting through the door, shouting in in the dwarven tongue They're back! Grab a weapon or get your ass to the mines! before rushing toward the front gate in the south, and the patrons quickly funnel out.

Xun, Sev
You've been traveling for several days now on a tip from a druid that the inhabitants of a town called Karlsruhe haven't been getting grain for the last two weeks. Late in the day you approach what you can only assume to be the town, having followed the druid's directions, only to find what appears to be a troll and no fewer than a dozen orcs clad in leather charging the front portcullis, but all with transparent gray flesh and dripping a pustulant slime as they move. The sound of a large bell fervently ringing drowns out the creatures' grunting and roaring, and as one might expect they seem quite perturbed by the rain of arrows and crossbow bolts pelting them from the defenders from atop the town's high walls.

Yaketh
One week ago you were in Easthaven, and heard that a dwarven town was not receiving grain shipments despite those shipments having to travel a relatively short distance. An elven wizard bearing the Council Investigator's badge of office introduces himself as Instructor Varis and displays respectable knowledge of your combat record (justified by saying "It's my business to know these things, m'Lady"), and asks you to assist him for an investigation ordered by the Council. The request to aid innocents is hard to refuse, and after a quick and slightly nauseating teleportation foray to Schwartzstrauch, it was off to Karlsruhe by way of mule. You arrive around noon the next day without any trouble, which seems odd given that the shipments should be taking the same roads you used. Varis tells you he's going to search the mines on a hunch, and asks you to feel out the town, but the only remotely interesting thing you've noticed past the obvious pall of tension is a drunken elven girl in a bar trying way too hard; at least, until one of the sentries shouts a warning. In the same practiced measure you've seen in so many other communities, the soldiers move forward to the south gate, and the weak and the injured make their way to the mine entrance in the north of the town as the town bell sounds.

Yi
On an flash of insight that some would attribute to divine inspiration, you make the jaunt without mishap via teleportion magic to a dwarven mining town called Karlsruhe, arriving just in front of what appears to be a rather grand building with a bell tower. After your obviously magical arrival, a few people pester you for news of other areas, but you find the ominous pall of imminent attack too distracting to pay any real heed to the townspeople. Shouts of warning ring out from the town's high walls within minutes of your arrival, and the town resonates with the deep sound of the tower bell ringing frantically, urging the young, the unarmed, and the injured to the north and the armed and able-bodied to the main gate in the south.

Strainseir
2013-01-17, 07:36 PM
Jack keep his hood up as he walks into the town. In truth he entered the tavern just for the warmth. He had slept so long on the ground he wanted to indulge a little by allowing himself the company of other intelligent beings in a warm dry place. When the elf begins to drunkely hit on him he does his best to keep his face hidden. However, when the dwarf rushes in shouting, Jack's hood falls back. That wide creepy smile spreads to wide across his lips showing just a bit too much of his large teeth. The bottle of wine he was given is thrust into the hands of the elf. Then he took off. He did not run but literally flew there. He moved at full speed racing there like his life depended upon it. The call for violence sung in him. There was a darkness left in him. He could channel that to help others. If he wash quick enough to prevent deaths, these poor people might even accept the presence of an unchained if he was useful in protecting them.

Leonardo
2013-01-18, 04:21 PM
Bremen searches for the nearest person to find out what the bell means.

Morcleon
2013-01-18, 08:22 PM
Xun Depcit
As he spots the ectoplasmic troll and orcs, Xun stops his rambling upon the subject of why the town could have stopped receive shipments. "...well, that explains the lack of shipments, eh, Sev?"

"Let's go!" He draws his spiked chain, glowing with a caustic green aura and dashes forward to slash the rearmost enemy from behind.

Swift: Enter Thicket of Blades stance.

Move: Move to 10' away from rearmost enemy.

Standard: Initiate Emerald Razor. Power attacking for 12. Expend 1 PP with arcane wrath.
Attack (touch): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing + [roll2] untyped

Free: Activate Robilar's Gambit (enemies get +4 to attack and damage, but provoke AoOs on attack).
HP: 155/155
PP: 36/47

AC: 37
Touch: 15
Flat-footed: 31

Conditions and Effects:
Weapons count as lawful and evil
Fast Healing 1
Resistance to fire 12 and acid 12
50% chance to negate precision damage
50% miss chance if move 10' or more
Invisible to darkvision
No need to eat or drink
Sleep 2 hours for effects of 8
Understand all languages, read magical script

Immune: electricity, paralysis, mental control, sleep effects

Senses:
Darkvision 60 ft
Low-light vision

Current Stance: Thicket of Blades

Maneuvers Readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Emerald Razor
Iron Heart Surge
White Raven Tactics
Vilefire Blade
Ruby Nightmare Blade
Mithril Tornado
Elder Mountain Hammer
Disrupting Blow

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-19, 05:38 PM
Lol, Just realized I never posted here, Or that I choose my Favored Enemy...:smallbiggrin:

Sev
I concur.
Sev Moves and attacks the 2nd nearest Orc with his claws.
[roll0]
If hits: [roll1]
If that manages to kill him, Then Sev stops, but if he has 0 through -6 then he places a face hugger on its face.

PersonMan
2013-01-19, 06:40 PM
Yi considers the sky for a moment before crouching down, her wings extending so quickly they almost seem to explode from her back. Brushing aside her robes, the massive, well-muscled appendages shimmer in the sunlight, the markings on them only barely visible, hinting at tentacled shapes in the light. Gathering her strength for but a second, Yi launches herself upwards, shooting into the air until she's high enough to get a good view of the south gate. If the gods had sent her here as part of her quest, it would be necessary to quickly get to the battle to defend the town. Looking down at the buildings below, Yi feels sadness for those below. First tricked by the followers of the Defilers, then abandoned by them and now attacked by the Pure Ones and other beasts.

Having reached a significant height, Yi pushes up her hood to gaze down upon the world with her more mortal senses. While the perception given to her by the gods was often far better than what she otherwise had, it had its limits and this was a time when they were quite...limiting. Calling upon the divine powers within her, Yi's hands are covered in pulsating purple light, sheer destructive energy from the gods' divine home. Pushing their way through her robes, her tentacles come into the open air, themselves surrounded by a fine mist. Narrowing her eyes against the glare, Yi looks down to see where the godless monsters were mounting their attack.

Using the Run action to move 560 feet up (or lower) to get a good view of things.

Looking at Run, I realized that by flying + running, I can go 2 miles in the 24 rounds I can keep it up. My normal fly speed is about 8 miles per hour, to...Teleport is just the icing on my mobility cake.

Abrahadabra
2013-01-19, 08:00 PM
Yaketh
As Yaketh sees the wounded on their way to the mine, she starts walking towards them; but when the bells sound and the soldiers rush to the south of town, the woman follows the combatants, looking for someone to tell her what's happening.

Saskia
2013-01-19, 11:38 PM
Jack
As you approach the front gate, you see the portcullis is lowered. Half a dozen armed and armored men, four dwarves and two others, stand safely on the inside with crossbows, taking shots as quickly as they can in hopes of bringing down a troll with transparent skin and musculature as it slowly but mightily forces the heavy iron grate upward in defiance of the numerous shafts stuck in its hide. As you move over the wall there are another four militiamen with crossbows, and one more slumped across the walkway with a massive spear thrust through his gut. A number of orcs of similar composition to the troll stand around the giant, attempting to guard themselves from the hail of bolts with primitive wooden shields. Bringing up the rear is a creature you recognize as a reth dekala warrior by its quasi-gaseous composition pulling its spiked chain out of a slightly twitching mass of teeth, eyes, and tentacles. Finally, a strange, sleekly-built quadrupedal creature the size of a human stands hunched and apparently retching over a motionless orc.

Bremen
The only other person in the library is a kobold chanting quietly behind a bookshelf. He stops to answer you nervously, saying It means the monsters are back, stranger. He holds up his right arm to show the stump just below his elbow, and continues I just get in the way anymore, but if you can fight then we'd all be grateful. Otherwise you can stay in here or try to get to the mine entrance, if you know where that is.

Xun and Sev
Xun's attack catches the unaware monster ferociously. The creature's true colors are silently laid bare at the chain's violent strike, indicating a good, clean kill. Sev's victim goes down with a yell, but appears to still draw breath. The rest of the band seems not to have heard the anything over their own noises and the sound of the bell, however.

Yi
Flying high, you can see the assailants at the front gate in the southern part of town: About a dozen gray creatures the size of a human, and another you can identify as a troll. There are also a pair of combatants outside the walls, as well as five living defenders and one dead on top of the wall, and six around the front gate on the inside, all firing crossbows at the attackers.

Yaketh
The human soldier gives you an odd look and shouts as he runs The bastards are attackin' again! You're welcome to join if you can help ma'am, other'n that keep your head down and follow the rest to the mines! He stops at the portcullis among the other soldiers and unslings his crossbow from his shoulder and joins the rest of the soldiers pumping bolts into a big, gray troll with transparent flesh as it slowly but surely forces the grate upwards. Behind the troll a number of orcs with similarly transparent flesh guard themselves with primitive shields of wood against the crossbows. Between the roaring troll, shouting orcs and soldiers, and the bell all reverberating through the gatehouse, the noise here is almost headache-inducing.

Addendum: Forgot the battle map.
http://i.imgur.com/QgB7gC3.jpg?1

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-19, 11:56 PM
Sev:

He places a facehugger on the orc and moves to J21
Since I can't edit roll.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-20, 12:56 AM
Sev
And Attacks the orc in J22
[roll0]
Damage if hits:
[roll1]

Strainseir
2013-01-20, 12:57 AM
At the sight of enemies, a rage took over the warped creature. With the rage came an even wider smile and a maddening laugh. With a surge he flew head first at the trolls as his chains moved to thrash and whip violently.

Charging at the troll and flurring. Entering Frenzied chain form. He will enter I 11 from above. He will not attempt to tumble away from aoos. The rage has him.

[roll0] attack 1
[roll1] attack 2
[roll2] + [roll3] fire. Attack 1
[roll4] + [roll5] fire. Attack 2

Any creature that starts it's turn within 10 feet of Jack takes [roll6] damage and must succeed a dc 20 fort save or take [roll7] damage to their dex score.

Morcleon
2013-01-20, 01:34 AM
Xun Depcit

Shaking the majority of the orc's inner fluids off his chain, Xun turns his head, searching for another target. He finds one.

He soars close to the ground, at an angle to the paved path into the village. Lining up three of the orcs, what could be construed as a grin appears where his face should have been. A static crackling of electricity coalesces within the sickly green fire that made up his body, snapping out to briefly touch the grass below.

A moment passes. Then, a verdigris bolt of lightning shoots from his form, tearing past three of the orcs before stopping abruptly in front of the angry chain man.

Move: Move to B22, ~1' off the ground.

Standard: Use breath weapon, a 60' line of electricity. DC 22 Reflex half. Strikes orcs at E17, G14, H12.
Damage: [roll0] electricity
Recharge Time: [roll1] rounds
Stats:

Conditions and Effects:
Fast Healing 1
Invisible to darkvision
No need to eat or drink

Senses:
Darkvision 60 ft
Low-light vision

Maneuvers Readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Emerald Razor
Iron Heart Surge
White Raven Tactics
Vilefire Blade
Ruby Nightmare Blade
Mithril Tornado
Elder Mountain Hammer
Disrupting Blow

Leonardo
2013-01-20, 08:48 AM
Bremen rushes out of the library and looks around for whoever appears to be in authority.

Abrahadabra
2013-01-20, 08:57 AM
Yaketh sees the troll and the orcs, quickly examining the battlefield. After what seemed less than a second, a dim circle of light surrounds her, every adjacent soldier suddenly feeling safer. She then chants a few words and a burst of sand fills the area ahead. Finally, Yaketh draws her sword and looks at the troll in the eyes, a glass-shattering scream filling the creature's mind.

Free action: Protective Aura (20 ft radius, lesser globe of invulnerability, double-strength magic circle against evil
Swift action: quickened glitterdust centered between h12, i12, h13, i13 (Will DC 23)
Move action: drawing sword
Standard action: psychic crush on the troll (Will DC 26, troll has a +4 on the save, if save fails he collapses unconscious at -1 and dying; if save succeeds, 3d6 damage ([roll0]))

PersonMan
2013-01-25, 03:46 PM
Her wings extended, Yi shoots off towards the battle, divine energy crackling around her as she prepares to fight the enemies of the gods again. Chanting as she goes, Yi's voice gains volume until she finishes her intonation, calling out "Pawns of the Pure Ones, feel the wrath of the gods through me!"

Actions:
Alright, I'm not on the map, I think, so:

Moving up 140 feet. If there's anything hostile in range I launch a Beshadowed Blast.

A: [roll0] touch
D: [roll1] + Fort DC 23 or be blinded for one round

If not in range, move in another 140 feet, aiming to get all bad guys in my rang (60' for EB) without exposing myself to melee.

Saskia
2013-01-26, 02:17 AM
Battle Map
http://i.imgur.com/7Aa3LT4.jpg?1

The man-sized creature drops something on the body of its first victim and moves quickly to engage another. Its claws strike true and deep, but this target fails to fall to a single strike, turning to face the creature with bared claws of its own. The first attack finds flesh, but the second is deflected on black, bony plates.

The hooded man drops recklessly into the middle of the mass of enemies. Chains apparently grafted to him by some gruesome alchemy whip angrily at the creatures, distracting them such that only a few of their ravenous blows land.

The first orc in the path of the reth dekala's green bolt dodges it with impossible prescience, and flings itself wildly at its attacker. Its bone-like claws sink deeply into the otherworldly warrior's body and rip outward, pouring bright green blood onto the frost-glazed grass. The bolt narrowly passes the cloaked chain-man, but the orcs in its path are struck soundly.

Without warning the troll simply slumps motionless against the portcullis, reversing its progress in an instant and crushing its hands beneath the heavy iron grate, along with the arms of the two orcs assisting him. The strange-looking woman who flew onto the wall strikes one of the orcs with a dark magical blast.

Sev
Sev suffers 15 points of damage from one successful claw attack.

Jack
The only attack of opportunity that connects is for 18 damage, and on their actions (after taking damage, of course) another five attacks and a rend land, totaling 61 damage.

Xun Depcit
Xun is hit with two claw attacks and a rend, totaling 66 damage.

Bremen
Rushing out of the building, the dwarven couple tending the library stand vigil silently, as if waiting. The man tells you calmly Don't worry, lad. Proximity with the library empowers certain spells. If they get through the gate our boys will lure them here and we'll crush the monsters. The woman repeats with emphasis, IF they get through the gate. The streets seem to have cleared since you entered the library, except at the front gate toward the south, easily visible from the temple-library's entrance about 80 meters away. There you can see soldiers firing crossbows from behind and atop the walls. A very large man in dull gray full plate armor and a matching shield rushes on foot from the north end of town. It seems likely that he's headed to the front gate as well.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-26, 02:45 AM
Sev:

Ouch.
Thank ye Tiamat for DR 6.
99hp....
Hmm, a full attack would drop it, So i thinks that is what im going to do.

Full attack:
Claw 1[roll0], 2 [roll1], Bite [roll2]how do I miss?, and a Tail [roll3]
Damage:
Clawz: [roll4]
Bite: [roll5]
Tail: [roll6]

Strainseir
2013-01-26, 02:47 AM
The wounds bite into his flesh and that releases another bought of callous laughter. His limbs and his chains. A strange fire seems to envelop his limbs and chains as he dances in this battle surrounded by the orcs,"Come dance with me unclean creatures! Show me beautiful combat! HAHAHA!" Two chains strike out to hit at the orcs on his side twice. While he does that burning hands and feet rage against the orcs bellow him. Fists and feet fly aiming to hit one of them twice and the others once.

dr 5 so 97 hp remaining.
Swift action to spend a stunning fist attempt to activate Fiery fist. 3d6+10 fire damage added to all attacks till end of next turn.

H11 Orc thing
[roll0] chain attack 1
[roll1] chain attack 2
[roll2] +[roll3] fire chain attack 1
[roll4] +[roll5] fire chain attack 2

J11 Orc thing
[roll6] chain attack 3
[roll7] chain attack 4
[roll8] +[roll9] fire chain attack 3
[roll10] +[roll11] fire chain attack 4

H12 Orc
[roll12] unarmed attack attack 3
[roll13] +[roll14] fire unarmed attack 3

J12 Orc
[roll15] unarmed attack attack 1
[roll16] +[roll17] fire unarmed attack 1

I12 Orc
[roll18] unarmed attack attack 2
[roll19] unarmed attack attack 4
[roll20] +[roll21] fire unarmed attack 2
[roll22] +[roll23] fire unarmed attack 4

Strainseir
2013-01-26, 02:54 AM
I forgot that they also take [roll0] damage for starting their turn where I threaten and [roll1] dex if they do not pass the fort save again.

PersonMan
2013-01-26, 04:44 AM
Yi stays at a distance, intoning holy words and feeling the divine power of the gods fill her again. Suddenly, three spheres of flame explode into existence around her, slowly circling her head.

Moving forwards, Yi stops once she has three targets lines up and extends her left hand, directing the blazing fury of the gods. The three spheres erupt into lines of fire, shooting directly at three unfortunate orcs.

Actions:
Moving to D11. Casting Scorching Ray.

H11 orc:
A: [roll0]
D: [roll1]

H12 orc:
A: [roll2]
D: [roll3]

I12 orc:
A: [roll4]
D: [roll5]

Leonardo
2013-01-26, 08:30 AM
Bremen falls into step with the gray clad warrior. "I am the wizard Bremen. I stand ready to assist."

Morcleon
2013-01-26, 10:37 AM
Xun Depcit
As the orcs claws come sweeping toward him, Xun smirks. Letting each strike hit and grimacing through the pain, he lashes out once, twice, riposting against his assailant.

Yay, Robilar's Gambit! :smallbiggrin: I would like this reaction resolved before I make my actual turn.

AoO 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

AoO 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Abrahadabra
2013-01-26, 10:39 AM
The tattooed woman shuts her eyes briefly, muttering unintelligible words for those not trained in magic. As she finishes the incantations, her body changes, taking the shape of an insectlike humanoid, and she jumps into the fight, regardless of the previous spell's effect filling the area.

Casting polymorph: soldier abeil (MMII, p. 22), size is large
Occupying F10G10/F11G11
Save against Glitterdust [roll0]

Saskia
2013-01-26, 05:37 PM
Bremen
As you get close to the armored figure, you realize he is an orc, though he's still quite tall and broad even for an orc. Overlord Grodvud, good to have you! he says loudly in a thick, gravelly voice, Let's crush some skulls!

You approach the gate with breath to spare. Several strange, transparent gray orc-like creatures with vicious bony claws remain standing, but what appears to be a troll of similar construction lies motionless against the portcullis with its hands caught beneath the massive iron latticework, as well as two yet-living orclike creatures whose arms are similarly crushed.

The reth warrior's dangerous stance pays off. Twice his chain lashes exploiting the monster's aggression, and twice it digs deeply, but the creature remains standing.

Two more men join the fray, a very large orc in dull gray full plate and an older human man wearing decidedly not full plate. The orc draws his large sword and shouts Move back! Gate! Open! Now! Almost immediately, the portcullis slides noisily upward.

Morcleon
2013-01-27, 04:18 AM
Xun Depcit

Glaring at the orc who had managed to hit him, Xun lashes out once with his helmet, striking at the creature with a glowing green maw before quickly skipping backward and slashing at it several more times.

If his first attack fells the beast, then he shall instead fly toward the gate and float above the remaining horde of orcs.

Swift: Initiate Vilefire Blade. 1d8+12 vilefire damage on all attacks.

Full-round: Natural bite attack (with arcane wrath)
Bite attack: [roll0]
Bite Damage: [roll1] B/P/S + [roll2] vilefire + [roll3] untyped

If the bite attack kills the orc, then above is a standard action, and:
Move: Move to I11, 15' up.

If the bite attack does not kill the orc, then above is a full-round action, make 5' step away and continue full attack:
Chain Attack 1: [roll4]
Chain Damage 1: [roll5] piercing + [roll6] vilefire

Chain Attack 2: [roll7]
Chain Damage 2: [roll8] piercing + [roll9] vilefire

Chain Attack 3: [roll10]
Chain Damage 3: [roll11] piercing + [roll12] vilefire
Stats:
HP: 90/155
PP: 35/47

Conditions and Effects:
Fast Healing 1
Invisible to darkvision
No need to eat or drink

Senses:
Darkvision 60 ft
Low-light vision

Maneuvers Readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Emerald Razor
Iron Heart Surge
White Raven Tactics
Vilefire Blade
Ruby Nightmare Blade
Mithril Tornado
Elder Mountain Hammer
Disrupting Blow

Saskia
2013-02-03, 02:55 AM
Battle Map!
http://i.imgur.com/HyELcdU.jpg?1

A flurry of magical flame, chain, and limbs around the hooded man reaches crescendo with a flaming ray from the woman standing on the wall, dropping all five of the combined targets. The green gaseous warrior's bite and chains finish off his target, and the black beast's claws rend the life from theirs. With the gate up, three of the four remaining orc analogues dive through at the soldiers. The first is caught by a fortunate misfire of the human's crossbow, and his companions beside him drop their weapons and descend upon the beast with their swords. The second pounces on one of the dwarven soldiers, who stumbles backward with the chest pieces of his half-plate armor shredded, but meets the creature with his sword after dropping his crossbow. The third soldier so targeted is not as fortunate, as a lucky lash from its claws rips the man's soft throat, leaving him writhing on the ground making a disturbing gargling sound as he attempts to breathe his last. The last of the orclike creatures roars violently and sinks its claws into the cloaked man's chest and rips outward, tearing large quantities of soft tissues and blood from his body.

Jack takes 87 points of damage from two claws and a rend, and make a fortitude save please.

PersonMan
2013-02-03, 03:59 AM
Yi calls upon the power of the gods within her and her form shifts a hundred times at once, until her outline is blurred by a thousand images of herself all superimposed on one another.

Letting the flaming chain-man mop up outside, Yi flies over and down, intent on bringing down the minions of the Pure Ones as soon as possible.

Actions: Move to i4. Descend to 5' over the ground.

Using Blur on the way there. 12 minutes of 20% miss chance.

Strainseir
2013-02-03, 11:59 AM
Fortitude save [roll0]

If I Jack survives the fort save then I shall sally forth!

Jack meets the attacks with a furious smile thrusting his body a bit into them as if he enjoys them pain while laughing hysterically. Even wounded as he is his hand comes up to pierce into the orc's chest with a wild fire in Jacks's eyes burning into the eyes of this terrible thing.

[roll1] Intimidating riposte counter. Aoo against someone that just caused damage. If damage is successfully dealt get a free demoralization attempt.

[roll2] + [roll3] fire

if that is successful [roll4] intimidate to demoralize

His attack presses on as the fire on his limbs dies down. two fists fly at the orc that struck him before spinning in place to hit the troll with his sharp kicks and his wicked chains. despite the blood dripping from him and the gaping wounds he seems almost happy.

If the demoralization worked activating fear eating technique boost. I heal [roll5]

Then the attacks
[roll6] unarmed on orc 1
[roll7] unarmed on orc 2

[roll8] + [roll9]fire. unarmed on orc 1
[roll10] + [roll11]fire. unarmed on orc 2

[roll12] Unarmed on troll 3
[roll13] Unarmed on troll 4

[roll14] + [roll15]fire. Unarmed on troll 3
[roll16] + [roll17]fire. Unarmed on troll 4

[roll18] Chain on troll 1
[roll19] Chain on troll 2
[roll20] Chain on troll 3
[roll21] Chain on troll 4

[roll22] + [roll23] fire. Troll chain 1
[roll24] + [roll25] fire. Troll chain 2
[roll26] + [roll27] fire. Troll chain 3
[roll28] + [roll29] fire. Troll chain 4

Saskia
2013-02-08, 08:13 PM
The last of the foes fall and the flaming chains violently ignite the troll's body. An unusual silence follows, broken by the sound of the fire as the troll's flesh ruptures, exposing flammable fluids and tissues to the flame in subdued spurts.

Just Ajax, then? the large orcish man asks, looking down at the dead man with the torn throat, his voice deep and rough like a crumbling edifice.

No, sir, one of the soldiers replies loudly from atop the wall. Edgar's dead, too.

Still looking at the lifeless body on the ground, he nods to one of his men and says Sten, fetch Alruna and a couple nurses. I don't want anyone else dying today. The soldier salutes and promptly runs northward, and the orc looks up at the unfamiliar faces. I'm Overlord Grodvud. Sorry for my absence, but I've been laid up with injuries the last few weeks. Still, this town and the surrounding area is my responsibility, so thank you for your courage and strength. His eyes wander curiously around they bunch assembled around him, lingering with concern at the injuries sustained by the cloaked man and the reth warrior. You have the ferocity, but not the look of the officials I was expecting. Who are you lot?

Morcleon
2013-02-08, 08:31 PM
Xun Depcit

Striding over, Xun reasserts his disguise, now appearing as a nondescript dark haired human male with piercing green eyes. He shrugs at Grodvud. "Officials? Not so. I am Xun Depcit, Darkness of the Green Light. My companion," he gestures back to Sev. "Is known as X-17, or Sev. He can't talk, but he's still quite intelligent."

With a raised eyebrow to the others, he murmurs. "So then, we have several of the more well known personages in our shattered world gathered here. Not coincidence. Not at all..."

Strainseir
2013-02-08, 11:28 PM
Jack lets his laughter die down to a very low chuckle. As he does so he tightens his body channeling his ki back into himself closing his wounds by force of will and soul alone. He then pulls off his hood to revel his disturbingly handsome inhuman face."I am Jack. Just Jack. Happy to be of service" He says as his chains suddenly whip around to clean the goo off of them before they wrap tightly around his chest once more.

Spending 94 of 160 healing points from wholeness of body to restore full hp.

PersonMan
2013-02-09, 04:19 AM
Yi lands again, her massive wings folding into themselves far more than normal ones should be able to. Not bothering to lift the hood of her simple black robe, she still looks directly at whoever is speaking. Her full lips, a deep purple rather than any sort of human color, curve into a slight smile. From what you can see of her face, she seems quite beautiful, and her robes don't quite hide her full figure. Apart from her wings, massive until she somehow folded them up to be only a few feet in length rather than a full 30, a quintet of tails extends from the folds of her clothing. They are all fairly long, but one of them reaches further than the rest. The same one is visibly thinner than the rest and all of them are surrounded by the occasional drop of ice. Every now and then, someone nearby might notice a slight cold breeze.

As Xun introduces himself and X-17, Yi turns to them, her eyes still beneath the thick cloth of her hood. Again she turns, this time to Jack, as the man heals himself and says his name.Her gaze doesn't linger on any of them for long, apart from X-17, yet it seems like she's still examining them, even once she looks to someone else. Yi looks over everyone else, as well, giving none of them more than a brief glance. Although there's all but nothing to go off of, it seems clear that she is more disposed towards Xun and X-17 than the rest.

"I am Yi, servant of the gods," she says, looking somewhere between everyone else as she speaks, not pointing her cloth-hidden gaze at anyone in particular but rather circling it across the group. Her voice is deep, womanly and smooth - as far as voices go, quite enjoyable to listen to. There's confidence and conviction in it, not a hint of insecurity to be heard. Even just standing there as she is now, tails swaying slowly behind her, Yi makes for an impressive figure. You get the feeling that she could be quite intimidating if she put her mind to it.

Strainseir
2013-02-12, 11:11 AM
Jack tilted his head back and laughed at the comment of the beautiful woman before him. So much potential had been bound away by the chains of the false gods.

"The gods left this place girl." he said with a grin as he began to search through the bodies. They might have something that the people behind this wall could use. Being as filthy as he is anyway, it may as well be him to search through the muck.

PersonMan
2013-02-12, 11:40 AM
Yi's expression remains unchanged as Jack laughs. Clearly, she's used to this kind of thing. Or just really really good at making it seem like she is.

"Perhaps the Defilers you worshiped left, but the true divine beings of this world, the gods who have blessed me," at this, Yi extends her wings slightly and her five tails coil, then uncoil, in unison, "so generously and given me my holy quest are very much present in the world," she retorts. She doesn't even bother turning towards him.

"By the way, there's nothing in that pile of gore but a few broken talons. If you're searching for something more useful, go three of your paces to your right," Yi says, as Jack begins his search. Limited as he was by his mortal eyes, he couldn't perceive what was beneath the layer of blood and entrails strewn around the battlefield, while her divinely blessed senses extended past that.

OOC:
Hope you have no problem with that. Just going to assume that Yi's senses let her see things in piles of corpses better than normal sight.

Morcleon
2013-02-13, 05:05 PM
Xun Depcit

Giving Yi a steady and slightly curious look, Xun murmurs, "So then, some agents of the gods still do exist in this forsaken world."

"Curious. One would think that those who remain are either too confident or too foolish to leave." A small smirk appears on his illusory face.

PersonMan
2013-02-14, 03:12 PM
Yi's facial expression stays serene, but she somehow manages to communicate a sense of confusion - as if she had raised her eyebrow. "I was unaware the gods had other servants in this world," she says.

At Xun's next comment, she turns to him, her wings extending partially, making a few sure steps over the uneven ground. If it wasn't before, it becomes clear now that Yi's feet are bare. Something about the skin on them seems odd, and after a moment one realizes that they're glimmering slightly, but further inspection isn't possible without crossing the 'awkward staring' line. Slowly, Yi raises her arms and grips the edges of her hood, serenely pulling it back to reveal her face.

Opening her eyes as they come into view, Yi reveals that instead of the normal white-iris-pupil combination, her eyes are entirely black, apart from a single ring of bright green near the center. Her eyebrows, and the rest of her hair, is jet black, with green shocks or highlights of purple running through them, respectively. On her forehead is a faint symbol, reminiscent of a winged...something, with tentacle-like appendages growing from its center. Apart from the symbol on her forehead, Yi's skin is entirely smooth, ever so slightly grey in tone.

Your first impression, if you have human-like standards of beauty, is correct: Yi is almost - no, she is of unearthly allure. Whether this is in spite of or enhanced by her unusual features...isn't immediately obvious. There's something about Yi's appearance that isn't only appealing, though. A hidden danger, beneath the surface but very present.

"The world is not forsaken. The Pure Ones may be turning their hungering eyes on it, but the gods can finally extend their protection over it without the Defilers to weaken them," she replies.

Strainseir
2013-02-14, 10:16 PM
Jack chuckled once more. This woman is even more heavily chained to her gods than he was to his before their betrayal of him,"I have seen your gods, slave. I saw the ritual that allowed their influence to spread into this realm. Cast off your chains and you will find true strength" Jack said with a wide grin carrying anything useful he could find to give it to the orc commander.

Saskia
2013-02-15, 04:13 PM
Grodvud motions his soldiers to carry off their fallen comrade, then looks at Yi, his face wrinkled in a mix of confusion and half-hearted disgust. Wait, are you callin' that thing "pure"? Grodvud asks as he nudges one of the strange creatures with his steel-plated boot.

As he says this a pair of human women approach running with inhuman vigor obviously assisted by magic. The taller of the two, a well-fit but older woman, or perhaps a woman to whom time had simply been unkind, stops abruptly in front of Jack and points to Xun. She places her hands on Jack's chest and with a few barely intelligible words his wounds mend themselves in seconds. The younger woman is prettier, but with her physique appears no stranger to hard labor, that assumption corroborated by the splints on her right arm. She draws a thin metal baton with a mirror finish from her leather vest and raps hard once on Xun's shoulder, and mutters with obvious frustration Standin' round shootin' the bull with your guts out don't make you tough, it makes you stupid.

Shut it, Celia. What ritual are you talking about? Where was it? the older woman demands in a commanding contralto, glancing at the younger woman before fixing her gaze on Jack.

Jack
Jack recovers 120 HP.

Xun
Xun recovers 60 HP

Morcleon
2013-02-15, 04:38 PM
"Ah, but it certainly is amusing, yes?" Xun inclines his head to his healer in thanks, smirking. "Especially when I have such wonderful people as you to fix me up afterwards. Would you like some help with that arm of yours?"

Turning to Jack with a quirked eyebrow, the reth warrior looks curious. "Indeed. What is this ritual you speak of...?"

PersonMan
2013-02-15, 05:00 PM
A quick note: In this case, I use "know" because Yi is entirely sure, not because I have behind-the-scenes information and know what Jack is referring to.

As the two women arrive, Yi doesn't even merit them a glance, not even acknowledging their presence. After his statement, Yi looks at Jack with mild interest. She knew that what he said couldn't possibly be true - really, saying that the gods had needed a ritual to allow their entering of the world? That he had been there? It was absurd. As the older woman, in Yi's divine vision but not her mortal eyesight, asks for specifics, she says nothing, waiting for the chain-man to speak.

"Pure does not mean what you seem to think it does," Yi says to the orc. "These things are not Pure Ones, not in the least. They have power matched only by the gods themselves," she says.

Saskia
2013-02-15, 06:55 PM
Celia blushes slightly and her pupils dilate. It, uh, magic ain't fixed it proper before, but... As her words trail off, she places her wand-wielding hand over her injured arm.

Grodvud seems satisfied with Yi's Response. Ritual and religion aren't my thing and I've got a widow and an orphan to talk to. I might be at the forge later if I'm needed. With that he walks off northward.

Morcleon
2013-02-15, 07:33 PM
"Well, I certainly could try again," offers Xun with another smile. He removes the small emerald pendant from around his neck and places around her. "Now, I'll let you borrow this for a bit. It should accelerate your healing."

"Now, let's see what else I can do..." He places his hands on her splinted arm and examines it!

Heal: [roll0]

The pendant provides Con +2 and Fast Healing 1.

Strainseir
2013-02-15, 11:49 PM
Jack grinned his wide grinning pulling back too far turning his handsome face into an inhuman once as he grinned so widely. A fingertip moved to tap lightly on his teeth as he though,"Well, it was more than a hundred and fifty years ago. How long exactly I do not know...hahahah... Time does pass at different rates do deep in hell hehehe..he. As for where, the place is gone. IT blew up. Everybody died. Even me. But that giant red bastard could not keep me dead."

Leonardo
2013-02-16, 12:03 PM
Bremen, who had been silent until now, finally speaks. "So this ritual, it must have broken through some sort of barrier between the Far Realm and our world. I think determining how that happened is the first step toward finding out how to reverse it, and why the gods could not."

Saskia
2013-02-16, 07:42 PM
The older woman nods at Bremen's words and looks blankly at him. Sensible, but it almost sounds like you're volunteering.

Xun
She seems to have suffered a hard hit from a blade of some sort on the upper arm. The soft tissues have barely begun to mend around the sutures despite the stitches looking as if they've been there about a week. There's no sign of infection, but the humerus and scapula are softened, and flex slightly, at which she grimaces but utters no sound.

The conditions appear symptomatic of a rare poison supposedly employed by drow, derived from the venom of some terrible abyssal monster. The poison halts the victims' normal recuperative abilities until vital systems fail, killing the victim painfully over no more than three months, but requiring only a single application. The bones quickly grow soft as well, causing constant pain and leaving the victim bed-ridden usually after a week or so.

You're not sure what process creates the poison or why it resists magic so strongly; a rather unique trait among poisons, and while you've heard of skilled alchemists and powerful wizards employed by kings and the like having concocted remedies, the stories are sparse in detail regarding those cures.

Leonardo
2013-02-16, 08:50 PM
"My order has been searching for a solution for years. This is the largest breakthrough we've had." He turns to Jack "What else can you tell me about this ritual and its results."

Strainseir
2013-02-17, 06:08 PM
"Some things I know and some things I don't.

My friend, a brother in all but blood,
grew jealous of a long lost love
In a deep dark place he found a friend,
A twisted being that promised his pain would end.
Through connection and sacrifice formed a crystal door,
unnatural power through the door did bore.
An old being from far away reached out and pulled my friend's mind away.
His friends and family he promised the old one would be sold,
in return for power untold.
Together my friend and his ancient ally
planned to make his old home die.
Souls it would take to open the door,
Including the woman he once loved before.
My friend I found praying to his twisted master,
Ritual almost ready to sow it's disaster.
To stop the destruction there was a terrible cost,
My friend was killed and all the souls of my home lost.
The door was destroyed but a crack was formed,
and the barrier put in place by ancient gods was deformed.

... Yes that was what he forced me to learn. The red bastard forced me to learn it in Abyssal, but I will never speak that foul language again. The translation might he just a bit off..."

Morcleon
2013-02-18, 02:38 AM
Xun Depcit

"...it's not a normal wound," mutters Xun, frowning down at the arm. "It's a disease from the depths of the Abyss..."

He glances up at Celia. "Tell me, how did you get this wound?"

Knowledge checks on this poison/disease thing (it's demon fever, isn't it... :smalltongue:)
Arcana: [roll0]
History: [roll1]
Psionics: [roll2]
Religion: [roll3]
Planes: [roll4]

Abrahadabra
2013-02-18, 05:03 PM
The insectlike creature goes back to human form, sheathes its weapon and starts walking towards the group. Her body is filled with tattoos, and she walks without grace, as a warrior who has seen one too many battles. She starts speaking, her voice sweet and her manners welcoming, in contrast to her somewhat savage appearance.

My name is Yaketh, pleased to meet you. And I'm no official either, just someone trying to help. She now turns to Xun. I'm sorry, I couldn't help but hear your conversation. Yes, I agree that the gods have left, but this world is far from forsaken. There is still good and courage to be found in the hearts of creatures, and until the last one of them dies, hope will remain.

And... Jack, I believe? Well, she looks at him with curious but cautious eyes, is that all you know? No clues or directions to the crack, or cracks?

Leonardo
2013-02-18, 06:25 PM
"Soul powered magic, possibly with some some psionics thrown in" Bremen muses. "So the question becomes how to restore this barrier. We should probably try to learn more about, but will that be difficult. My guess is that the 'crack' manifests itself as the portals. Sealing the portals could slow them down, but it would only be a temporary fix."

Morcleon
2013-02-19, 01:57 AM
Quirking an eyebrow at Yaketh, the reth warrior shrugs. "Perhaps. Still, those who hold that good and courage are few and far between."

Turning to Jack and Bremen, he mutters, "Seeing as it was erected by the 'ancient gods', I don't think that it will be that simple to just repair it. As for the portals, if they could be destroyed, then that's all the better, right?"

Leonardo
2013-02-19, 05:05 PM
"I know a spell that can seal portals, but I don't know how well it would work on these, and I doubt I could seal them quickly enought to make a significant difference.
The deformation of the barrier seems to be two fold. It has weakened between the Material Plane and the Far Realm, but has apparently strenghtened between the the rest of the Multiverse and the Material Plane. Perhaps energy was transfered from one area of the field to another.
Hmm.... I would like to figure out how Jack's friend learned ritual. With that source of knowledge we could probably be able to figure out how to counteract it. Any ideas on how to find out where he learned it?"

Abrahadabra
2013-02-19, 08:43 PM
I must say I'm also curious as to whether this portal, or these portals, only works from the far realms to ours, or if we can actually reach those realms through them. She scratches her braided hair briefly. Also, it might be a good idea to try to contact those creatures, the formians. I've heard they're attacking the pseudonaturals on sight. Maybe they have some information, if not about portals, about these specific pseudonaturals themselves.

Saskia
2013-02-20, 12:26 AM
Celia stares at Xun with disbelief. She looks more disgusted than frightened. Ditch diggin' dark elf got a lucky hit when I wasn't expectin' nobody. You tellin' me now he's fixin't'kill me from the grave?

Xun
Durp, disease, not poison. Yes, it appears to be demon fever, though demon fever is usually curable by a priest or druid from the time they can cast remove disease.

The older woman watches and listens with interest, and says I would imagine m'Lady you're correct; the formians would certainly know something but they aren't often much for conversation, and the nearest of their nests is ten leagues west and another mile up. She points to a tall peak in the west. A road winds into the narrow still-green valley and dissipates in the waning light into what appears to be a darkened village and continues, Up there is the only entrance we know about, and the only village between here and there fell years ago and was never retaken. It's also where the road stops. You could get to the ruins in a day, but past that it's untouched; it could take two days to get to the peak. Not being normal folk I suppose they may well be interested in what you have to say, but it is dangerous.

Leonardo
2013-02-20, 04:08 PM
"I agree we should contact the Formain. Even, if they don't know anything, we could try to get them to coordinate defense with the remaining strongholds. As to the portals, I do think that we could enter them, but it will probably kill us. The little is known about the Far Realm, but I think it has different geometries, different rules of existance. Simply contemplating scraps of knowledge about it has driven extremely powerful beings insane. Actually being there would probably destroy our minds. We must be certain before we attempt it.
Now what's all this about an undead drow?"

PersonMan
2013-02-21, 10:41 AM
"Not undead drow, but drow using poisoned weapons, I believe," Yi says. One benefit of the gods' favor in her was being able to follow both of these interesting conversations at once. Her hood pulled back over her head, she had been simply listening to the talks going on with interest. The gods had chosen to send her here, clearly their plan had been for her to meet these others.

"If we wish, I could bring us there with the gods' blessing," Yi says in response to the talk about the Formians.

Strainseir
2013-02-21, 11:11 AM
Jack just grins once more at Yi when she mentions casting magics from the far realm upon him,"While I do agree that we need to reach the formians, if you cast magic upon me derived from the far realm, I might take it as an act of aggression and defend myself."

PersonMan
2013-02-21, 11:31 AM
Yi turns to him, raising an eyebrow. Which doesn't actually communicate anything because her eyebrow is under her hood.

"You can't allow magic to effect you? Or are you just saying you don't trust me?" Yi's tone is patient, like someone who is used to dealing with issues like this.

Saskia
2013-02-21, 04:03 PM
The younger woman snorts and says to Jack with a smirk, Sounds awful close to that "my god could beat up your god" business, 'cept ain't any of'em givin' anybody any power. If'n you ain't keen on goin' you ain't gotta make excuses. Me'n Grod already tried'at trip once by foot, didn't accomplish nothin' but gettin' our asses tore up by monsters an' we had to turn back. Tried again with a magic carpet t'avoid the monsters on the ground. Carpet got tore up by monsters in the air, dropped us on our asses down'ere in Holstein, then got our asses tore up by more monsters an' we had to turn back. Long as you don't make excuses like bein' afraid o'magic ain't nobody gon'think you a coward, just don't expect any more free liquor.

Morcleon
2013-02-21, 05:27 PM
Xun Depcit

"It's not a poison either. It appears to be a disease known as demon fever, except it should have been healed by a rather simple spell." Xun lets go of Celia's arm, and retrieves his necklace, not having had an effect. "...you have had a cleric of yours try to remove the disease, right?"

Shrugging at the comments and ideas being thrown out, he quirks an eyebrow. Unlike Yi's raising, his is actually visible. "So some of us can't travel by magic, and the portals would probably kill us. Tell me, Celia, Grodvud, you two were unable to complete your journey because of monsters, yes? Perhaps if we were to provide an escort...?"

Saskia
2013-02-21, 06:55 PM
Uh, yeah, Celia gestures noncommittally toward the older woman, Runi tried a few times to heal it. Got a nice tingly feelin', but it didn't do much.

Grodvud wanted to chop her arm off to see if I could regenerate it, the older woman dismissively adds.

Yeah, Grod's a decent guy, but I ain't too keen on takin' medical advice from the type what says a big enough axe makes a qualified surgeon. But yes, with a strong enough escort we could get there. Hell, with a strong enough escort we could like to save the world, but y'all got tore up pretty good with just these things, yeah?

Strainseir
2013-02-21, 09:46 PM
Jack scratched his chin actually thinking about it for a moment,"Well I suppose I should mention my twisted form does have a fair chance of consuming any magic cast at me to fuel my physical abilities, but no I do not trust one with contact to those from the realm that is invading us. You might prove trustworthy, but meh. Could be fun to be teleported. Never done it before."

Morcleon
2013-02-22, 05:37 PM
Xun Depcit

Pausing, Xun tilts his head to the side. "Cutting off your arm and regenerating it would only work if the disease hasn't spread to the rest of your body. Do you know if it's magical? Perhaps it could be dispeled, then healed."

"Hm. I wouldn't say that we are definitely strong enough, but we could certainly give it a shot. After all, it's not so much about power as it is about stealth. If we can get past them without fighting, everything would go so much smoother."

He nods to Jack, grinning. "Teleporting is a very interesting experience. I would recommend that everyone try it at least once in their life."

Leonardo
2013-02-23, 12:24 PM
"Let us take the rest of the day to prepare and set off at dawn tomarrow. We may wish to prepare communication spells and such."

Saskia
2013-02-23, 02:40 PM
I've never heard of a disease which needed to be dispelled and then purified, but it's worth a try I suppose, the older woman says.

Stealth might well work. We got a few kobolds what ain't none of'em been killed even though they go out three time a week to check an' reset traps. Sometiems at night. Gutsy little bastards. Celia's lips curl into a smile of obvious respect when mentioning the kobold trappers. Teleportin'd be ideal though, jus' bypass the creatures altogether. But if'n'ere's anything we can do or get for you brave folk, just tell me, Ritz, or Runi. Be glad to help with what food we can, or scrolls, alchemical gear, whatever. Celia nods and looks around at the assembled.

Abrahadabra
2013-02-24, 03:14 PM
After listening to everyone, Yaketh seems satisfied with the plan. Teleport seems fine to me. I should rest and prepare spells. Where and when shall we meet tomorrow?

PersonMan
2013-02-24, 03:45 PM
"I do not require sleep, the blessings of the gods removed that need from me," Yi says. "All I need rest for is to restore my divine connection to them,"

"I think we could meet at the large tower in the city," she says, inclining her head in its direction ever so slightly.

Strainseir
2013-02-24, 05:41 PM
"I would like a MLT a mutton lettuce and tomato sandwich with the mutton sliced nice and thin. As for when we leave, I also need no rest. I also need no god to give me that power. So in the mean time... Got any work that needs doing? I am feeling restless. Not enough action today"Jack said as he began to carefully coil his long chains back around his chest before pulling his hood back up.

Morcleon
2013-02-24, 10:09 PM
Xun Depcit

"Good," nods Xun with a grin. "Then we teleport when ready. And Celia? Do get that arm of yours fixed, okay? You'll probably need it healthy for the trip ahead too."

"I can sustain myself with no food and little rest. I'll make do."

Saskia
2013-02-26, 05:35 PM
Jack
At the tavern, the foreign barman is one of few people there. He looks oddly at the copious blood and other unspeakable fluids You want a, uh, you wanting to clean up a bit, brother? he asks as he hesitantly offers you a sandwich and a sealed envelope. You're doing something right though. Ellie hanging off you earlier, and now Celia playing bar wench dropping off specific orders and love letters? You got a way with the ladies, eh? he says with a wink, grinning. The mutton is cut rather thick and seems a bit heavily salted, and wrapped in copious amounts of lettuce, but the tomatoes are fresh and overall it's still quite fine. She also said you were looking for something to keep you busy, you know much about carpentry or metallurgy? He chuckles and adds If nothing else you could always go wake up Ellie. Think she's passed out at Alruna's clinic right now.

In the envelope is a folded piece of parchment that reads

I know what you are. Stay away from my shop. Ideally, you should stay away from the east end of town altogether. It's dangerous for somebody like you, and dangerous for you is dangerous for the whole town.

PS-I'm not your ****ing bar wench.

-C

Over the course of the night violent sounds like steel clashing against steel and loud calls like tinny clarions can be heard, always outside the walls. Those who don't need to sleep and find themselves outside hear guardsmen shout Clear! from the same direction as the sound after each loud noise, apparently sounding off that nobody was actually being attacked.

The next day is cold. Flakes of snow drift slowly from the sky to stick to grass or melt on rooftops on the windless morning The last to arrive, Celia emerges walking at a brisk pace from a storefront far down the street to the east, clad in thick white furs and leather, and a breastplate made from a thick white hide, with a backpack of pale gray leather and burlap.

She seems nervous and fidgety. Reckon a blizzard's comin', she says flatly, looking at the sky as she dons hide gloves covered in similarly white fur. Usually do with the first snow. Ev'rybody rested'n ready? Anything we need a'fore we go?

PersonMan
2013-02-27, 12:34 AM
During the previous day, Yi flew in the direction of the Formian colony, getting a feel for the terrain. Once she finds a good spot, whether it's the ruins or just a clearing, she examines it for a while, going over the details of it again and again until there is a clear mental image she can refer to in the future. Then she turns back and flies back to Karlsruhe, keeping the internal map of the place fresh in her mind by occasionally consulting it.

Over the night, Yi rests on the top of a belltower or similar building - she tries to get as close to the stars as possible. The weather doesn't bother her and she simply enjoys the scenery for a time before she begins a long sequence of prayers. As the sun rises, she wistfully looks up at the sky and gets up, descending to the ground before making her way to the discussed meeting place.

As Celia arrives, Yi turns to her, her face once again partially masked by her hood. "Good morning, Celia, she says in her normal calm tone, acknowledging the other's arrival with a slight nod. "I am ready to begin. Can you estimate the range of this coming storm?" she asks. It doesn't matter much, for her, as the gods had long since given her blessings to withstand even the worst of the weather of the world. It was good that they had, for she had vowed to give up many things and among those things were clothing for extreme weather.

Saskia
2013-02-27, 01:31 PM
Mornin'. Her flat tone remains. With the way the clouds're movin'? Prob'ly a couple're three hours at most, and out'o'th' sheltered walls it's prob'ly not as calm. Last couple years the snowstorms been interferin' with magic too. Could get mighty ugly right quick if'n them bugs ain't keen on visitors, but I guess'ere's nothin' for it.

Morcleon
2013-02-27, 05:13 PM
With his hand covered in a crackling green fire to warm him, Xun walks towards the pair, presumably followed by Sev. "Wonderful morning, isn't it?"

He smirks, then glances at Celia. "Did you manage to get your arm healed?"

Leonardo
2013-02-27, 05:32 PM
Inside his room at the end, Bremen completes his magical preparations and begins a few magics to start the day.Detect Scrying, see the unseen, otherworldly whispers, call of the beast, fell flight.

Strainseir
2013-02-27, 09:55 PM
Jack takes the time to eat the sandwich. He does not really need to eat. He asked for a sandwich just to see if they would actually bring him one. He ate it regardless. Afterwards he cleaned and went to find this girl Ellie. It would indeed pass the time till the next day. However, the next day he went to go find Celia. She would be fun to upset.

"So you know what I am little one? You have heard of the unchained have you?" he said with a chuckle and a wide grin saying this openly and proudly,"You know of those forsaken by the lying gods that are strong enough to force back the wheels of fate? I am thrilled to know that you know of the Defiants. There are not many of us."

Abrahadabra
2013-02-28, 12:16 AM
Yaketh stands up, nodding to the woman who approached them. Well, I hope this storm doesn't affect my spells. I will cast some of them right now, and I'll leave the polymorph to be cast right before we teleport, in order not to... disturb onlookers. She chants a few words, pausing for some seconds between each spell.

First, Greater Heroism. Then Divine Power, then extend spell on GH and persistent spell on DP, with Metamagic Effect, taking 10 (48 with the marshal aura)

Saskia
2013-02-28, 03:38 AM
Celia holds up her arm and flexes, and winks at Xun.

A few passersby look strangely at Jack while he speaks, one dwarven father urging his child along briskly at the man's strange outburst.

As he starts to speak, color drains from Celia's horrified face. She motions urgently for him to be quiet, but to no avail. She turns and looks down the street as Yi speaks and casts her spells, wholly ignorant of anything going on except the approach of anything down the cobbled corridor.

Moments later a massive mechanical creature of silver and gold, appearing like a great clockwork centaur wielding a huge lance smashes through the wall of the building where Celia emerged earlier. Turning to face the party it swiftly charges Jack, lance at the ready. The creature's charge is easy enough to avoid, provided you aren't its target. The lance pierces Jack's chest, the centaur carrying him on the lance for another several meters before turning back to face the group. The creature swings its lance violently, flinging Jack off the end, crashing into Celia.

An aggressive, but flat and steely voice rings out from the construct. GODS ARE IRRELEVANT. YOUR SENTENCE WAS NOT COMMUTED, HUMAN JACK. FLIND CELIA, DISABLING AN INEVITABLE IS PROHIBITED. SUBMIT AND YOUR END WILL BE SWIFT AND PAINLESS. As it speaks the lance folds down into its forearm, and from each arm a long spiked chain noisily extends.

Celia groans, winded. Roughly she says to Jack, Damn, son, you ever hear o'discretion? Another word and she pushes Jack off of her, and much of his dire wound mends itself.

Jack
71 damage from the lance, 25 from being thrown, and recover 60 from the spell, caster level check 27 for SR.

Battle Map
http://i.imgur.com/bg2A2kz.jpg?1

Leonardo
2013-02-28, 04:29 PM
What's their history? Bremen wonders. Perhaps I can think a way out of this fight and get some answers.

"You must state the charges against them before pronouncing judgement."

Morcleon
2013-02-28, 04:39 PM
"That's nice," Xun smiles back at Celia. "Now, the-"

*crash*

"..." Wincing at the impact, the still-disguised warrior glares at the zelekhut. "Indeed. You really should tell us what our dear Celia and Jack have done to earn your wrath. In detail, please, triplicate, if you can."

The barest twinkle of amusement can be seen in his eyes.

Strainseir
2013-02-28, 05:55 PM
After the spell pierces through his natural resistance, he leaps up to his feet and grins softly taking a dancing pose,"You see my friends many years ago the gods blamed me for the cracking of the barrier. They did not believe my truth that though a crack was formed I stopped the wrenching of the door. In turn they punished me deep into hell to the ninth layer fit for betrayers. There Asomdeous took great pleasure in torturing me for many years. One day O got bored of it and broke free. I clawed my way out of hell and back here. I proved myself beyond the will the the gods and their cowardly judgement. Shiny guy over there it seems does not like that. I think his head shall make a wonderful hat.. Yup. Nice hat."

Saskia
2013-02-28, 07:18 PM
The zelekhut waits for Jack to finish. HUMAN JACK. YOU ARE CHARGED WITH OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE IN EVADING THE JUDGMENT RULED AGAINST YOU AND RESISTING CONFINEMENT. CONSIDER THIS YOUR SECOND ARRAIGNMENT. FLIND CELIA. THE CHARGES AGAINST YOU INCLUDE ASSAULT OF AN AGENT OF LAW, OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE IN DISABLING AN INEVITABLE ENGAGED IN PURSUIT OF A FUGITIVE, AND UNAUTHORIZED RESTRAINT OF AN AGENT OF LAW. THE CRIMES ARE SIMPLE, REPETITION IS SUPERFLUOUS.

The zelekhut stands perfectly still while speaking, giving a somewhat unnerving effect for those not accustomed to talking statues and the like.

Strainseir
2013-02-28, 08:30 PM
"HA?! Human!? What about me is left human? Do you have any Idea how many of you I have killed? If you want it, bring it. Even if you send me back to hell I will just crawl out again. I have learned the way to break the chains of the gods. THEY CAN HOLD ME NO LONGER! FIGHT ME AND PERISH!" JAck said as he rose up in the air floating there.

If Jack Charges will it count as a surprise round?

PersonMan
2013-03-01, 12:58 PM
As the machine bursts out of the storefront, Yi doesn't recognize it at first, not having heard of anything of this particular description. When it speaks, though, she recognizes the word 'Inevitable' as something she heard some people refer to the Tyrant Machines as. It calling itself an agent of law and the rest only solidified this realization.

As Jack raises himself into the air, Yi unfurls her massive wings, easily lifting off and flying over to him, stopping just to one side of him. "We may not agree on all things, but if you are going to be fighting this creature..." she begins, stopping to intone a brief prayer in a language from beyond the Material Plane, her tails emerging from her robe to follow her hands in a few brief, powerful movements.

"You do so with my blessing!" Yi finishes, laying one hand on Jack's upper arm. Suddenly, a surge of energy rushes through both of them, causing almost visible rushes of speed.

Turning to the inevitable, Yi throws back her hood and glares at it. "You and your kind will pay for your refusal to see that the time of your tyranny has come to an end!" she says.

Actions:
Haste on Jack and Yi.

+1 AC, attack rolls, Ref saves, +30' move speed, +1 attack at best bonus on a full attack. Not the most impressive buff I've ever used, but eh, why not?

Changed stats:

AC: 38
Attacks: Tentacles +11/+11/+11/+11
Eldritch Blast +10
Speeds: Walk/Swim/Burrow 100'
Fly 170', Earth Glide 100'
Ref Save: +20

For 12 rounds.

Also, 'cause I derped out with it, initiative (but combat doesn't seem to be quite started yet, so...): [roll0] (Really only +3? Crazy.)

Strainseir
2013-03-03, 04:26 PM
Jack just smirks and charges at the Zelekut as his body bursts back into the flames that enveloped him during the battle with the pseudo creatures,"Come dance with me Machine. Share the fate of brothers that came before you!"

[roll0] tumble

[roll1] charge attack 1
[roll2] charge attack 2
[roll3] charge attack 3

[roll]2d6+18[roll] physical plu [roll]4d6+12[roll] fire Charge attack 1
[roll]2d6+18[roll] physical plu [roll]4d6+12[roll] fire Charge attack 2
[roll]2d6+18[roll] physical plu [roll]4d6+12[roll] fire Charge attack 3

Since it is a charge all damage is doubled as per the flying kick feat.

Strainseir
2013-03-03, 04:32 PM
Confirming crit, and fixing damage

[roll0] physical plu [roll1] fire Charge attack 1
[roll2] physical plu [roll3] fire Charge attack 2
[roll4] physical plu [roll5] fire Charge attack 3

Confirming crit on attack 2
[roll6]

I forgot to add rage benefits to my previous rolls. it is there now.

Leonardo
2013-03-05, 03:56 PM
Bremen summons his most basic magical attack, and directs it at the construct. A bolt of energy springs forth from his hand and strikes out at the creature.eldrich blast:[roll0] , [roll1]

Abrahadabra
2013-03-05, 04:51 PM
Yaketh remains somewhat quiet while she changes her shape.

Casting polymorph: soldier abeil (MMII, p. 22), size is large

Saskia
2013-03-08, 03:58 PM
What few civilians still around out of curiosity flee the square with the prospect of combat. Unphased by the damage dealt to it, the zelekhut lashes three times at Jack with one of its chains, but fails to connect. The chain sails past, dealing considerable damage to the courthouse's facade, but the centaur-machine catches Jack with the return swing, entangling him in the lethal links. Swinging the other long chain three times at Yi, it connects three hard lashes.

Yi
72 damage from three attacks.

Jack
54 damage from two attacks. The lance was not cold iron, but the chains are. Also make a grapple check. Your familiarity with binding chains gives you a +8 competence bonus on the check.

TYRANNY IS IGNORANT MORTAL JUDGMENT, the steely beast says loudly without strain or emotion as it attacks. MY KIND ANSWER TO THE SUPREME ORDER AGAINST WHICH EVEN THE GODS RAILED IN THEIR TIME. TO RESIST IS TO FACE EXTERMINATION.

Celia stands and pulls something from a pocket in her furs. Holding it tightly in her hands she whispers something.

Bremen
Your intensive study of spellcraft tells you that she's casting rusting grasp.

Morcleon
2013-03-08, 04:16 PM
Xun Depcit

Grinning at the centaurian Dalek construct, Xun calls out as he snaps his chain out into the air. "Supreme order? No such thing, my friend. You ever hear of quantum mechanics?"

He dashes across the air, and slashes down towards the inevitable, spiked chain glowing green.

Swift: Activate Thicket of Blades stance.

Move: Move to M10, auto-succeed on tumble check to avoid AoOs.

Standard: Initiate Emerald Razor, use arcane wrath (1 PP), power attack for -12 attack, target zelekhut.
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing + [roll2] arcane

(Note: Robilar's Gambit active. Enemies get +4 to attack and damage, but provoke AoOs each time.)

PP: 37/47

Flat-footed: 33

Conditions and Effects:
Fast Healing 1
Invisible to darkvision
No need to eat or drink

Senses:
Darkvision 60 ft
Low-light vision

Maneuvers Readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Emerald Razor
Iron Heart Surge
White Raven Tactics
Vilefire Blade
Ruby Nightmare Blade
Mithral Tornado
Elder Mountain Hammer
Disrupting Blow

Leonardo
2013-03-08, 06:12 PM
"What happened when the gods went against the supreme order?" Bremen calls to the creature. Arcane energy glows from his fingertips, waiting for release.

PersonMan
2013-03-09, 02:33 PM
Yi flies upwards, gaining as much altitude as she can while staying close enough for her next spell. Calling again upon the divine energy within her, she speaks. The sound she creates isn't anything those present would recognize as speech, however, sounding more like an impossible sound taken from the depths of insanity. The language of the Far Realms, interspersed with arcane syllables.

The effect isn't quite visible, but it is very real. With a gesture, mimicked by her five tails in perfect unison, she sends a lance of the unearthly sound through the air, hurtling with deadly precision at the construct below.

Actions:
Fly away! I can move up to 140 feet away, but stay within 220 so I can use Sound Lance.

D: [roll0] With a Fort save (DC 22), which he's probably not going to make because no Con, for half.
vs SR: [roll1]

EDIT: Damage is one above average! Yesssss

Strainseir
2013-03-11, 08:38 AM
[roll0] grapple check

"Chains! Chains all around me and you seek to bind me once more? YOU SHALL NOT HAVE ME AGAIN ASMODEUS!" Jack shouted like a wild man. The lashed out striking all his might at the chains till they broke or he could strike no more. If the chain broke his attacks would then turn on the creature.

Improved sunder with eagle claw and adamantine means I ignore all hardness for these attacks. Using more stunning fist attemps for fire fists because he is freaking out.

[roll1] +4 unarmed sunder attempt 1
[roll2] +4 unarmed sunder attempt 2
[roll3] +4 unarmed sunder attempt 3
[roll4] +4 unarmed sunder attempt 4
[roll5] +4 Chain sunder attempt 1
[roll6] +4 Chain sunder attempt 2
[roll7] +4 Chain sunder attempt 3
[roll8] +4 Chain sunder attempt 4

[roll9]+[roll10]fire unarmed attack 1
[roll11]+[roll12]fire unarmed attack 2
[roll13]+[roll14]fire unarmed attack 3
[roll15]+[roll16]fire unarmed attack 4
[roll17]+[roll18]fire Chain attack 1
[roll19]+[roll20]fire Chain attack 2
[roll21]+[roll22]fire Chain attack 3
[roll23]+[roll24]fire Chain attack 4

If the chain breaks then he will instead attack the inevitable itself.

Saskia
2013-03-11, 01:10 PM
Jack's wild flailing at the chain severs it after tremendous effort, and immediately the inevitable withdraws the broken weapon's remains back into its arm. From the same arm a massive lance unfolds again, and the machine charges forward at Jack, who nimbly dodges, and the creature continues moving many yards, almost crashing into the next building on the other side of the square before turning back to face the group.

As it moves, the beast answers Bremen in almost deafening volume, to be heard over the noise of its own gallop, THEY WERE CONSUMED WITH RAGE AND SLOWLY TURNED UPON ONE ANOTHER OVER THE EONS LIKE MORTALS VYING FOR POWER, WITH VICIOUSNESS UNSEEN BY GOOD AND JUST FORCES SINCE BEFORE THE COMMON AGE. THOSE WHICH WERE NOT DRIVEN TO MADNESS WERE SLAIN, WITH A HANDFUL OF EXCEPTIONS. THE DETAILS OF DEITIES' MENTAL BREAKS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO MY SPHERE.

Leonardo
2013-03-11, 02:46 PM
Bremen unleashes the energy he was storing in the form of another bolt.[roll0]
[roll1]
Then, as an afterthought, adds "When did this occur?"

Strainseir
2013-03-13, 06:45 PM
Instead of allowing the beast to come at him, Jack charged the Zelekut. Once more he struck for the chains, though this time there was only one," Do not flee from me creature. I will have your head!" He shouted as fists and feet flew at the chain with a wild ferocity.

[roll0] flury charge sunder 1
[roll1] flury charge Sunder 2
[roll2] flury charge sunder 3

[roll3] +[roll4]fire sunder 1
[roll5] +[roll6]fire sunder 2
[roll7] +[roll8]fire sunder 3

PersonMan
2013-03-15, 11:41 AM
Yi moves forwards on the wing, staying close enough to hammer the construct with her spells but far enough that it can't retaliate. Again she speaks words of a language not meant to be uttered by a mortal tongue, mixing them with the syllables of her magic. Another lance of pure noise, visible only as a ripple in the air, flies at the machine.

Stay in range, then another Sound Lance.

D: [roll0]
vs SR: [roll1]

Same Fort DC as last time

Morcleon
2013-03-18, 04:47 PM
Xun Depcit

With a smirk, Xun lashes out again, once, twice, thrice. He skips closer, almost up against the construction, daring it to strike him. "Then perhaps it is not that supreme order needs to be kept, but that morality and ethics must be taught to all, hm?"

The zelekhut moves out of my threatened area, provoking an AoO, which is not taken to get +4 to attack and damage via Stormguard Warrior.

Move: Move toward the zelekhut, adjacent to it.

Standard: Initiate Ruby Nightmare Blade, with Arcane Wrath (1 PP)

Attack: [roll0]
Concentration check against AC (if success, x2 damage, else, -2 attack): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] piercing + [roll3] arcane

Robilar's Gambit is still up.

Flat-footed: 33

Conditions and Effects:
Fast Healing 1
Invisible to darkvision
No need to eat or drink

Senses:
Darkvision 60 ft
Low-light vision

Maneuvers Readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Emerald Razor
Iron Heart Surge
White Raven Tactics
Vilefire Blade
Ruby Nightmare Blade
Mithral Tornado
Elder Mountain Hammer
Disrupting Blow

Saskia
2013-03-18, 09:52 PM
Jack's focus on the inevitable's remaining chain seems for naught, as the target remains intact, and in similarly ineffectual manner Xun's weapon glances harmlessly of the creature's armored plating. Bremen's bolt strikes true, and the metallic beast replies LESS THAN TWO CENTURIES HAVE PASSED. it adds in its flat and metallic call DEKALA XUN, YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE FORCES AT WORK IS ABHORRENT, BUT NOT UNEXPECTED. MORALITY IS NOTHING BUT A SET OF EXCUSES, as it charges at Yaketh, its massive lance piercing her altered form in a spray of blood, fluids, and chitin. MORTALS CLAIM MORALITY AS JUSTIFICATION FOR MURDER, GENOCIDE, WAR, AND ALL MANNER OF "EVILS" THEY CLAIM TO REJECT. CELESTIALS USE MORALITY AS AN EXCUSE TO WAGE FUTILE WARS OF ATTRITION AGAINST CONCEPTS AS INDESTRUCTIBLE AS TIME ITSELF, WITH THE MORTALS THEY PROCLAIM TO GUARD THE INEVITABLE VICTIMS OF THEIR FERVOR. The inevitable again flings the victim of its lance at another, this time at Xun, and upon impact Yaketh's body resumes its normal shape. MORALITY IS SUBJECTIVE AND IRRELEVANT.

Xun
19 damage from a large-sized beelike creature crashing into you. Fortitude DC 10+damage (29) fortitude or fall prone.

Leonardo
2013-03-19, 11:12 AM
Bremen begins a new spell, and light surrounds his hands and refracts in a series of intricate patterns. He brings his hands together, and a beam of blue light appears striking at the construct.

Prismatic Ray
[roll0]
[roll1]

Saskia
2013-03-19, 01:04 PM
Bremen's spell leaves him vulnerable. As the inevitable slings its chain for a mighty blow, the toll taken from Jack's beating becomes apparent: A link breaks, and a large portion of the chain sails over the town's wall, noisily shearing the tops of several trees as it does, and the creature turns from metal monstrosity to stone statue, caught in Bremen's vibrant spell.

Celia looks at Bremen with disbelief. You ass, why di'n't'you do that sooner?

Leonardo
2013-03-19, 04:44 PM
"I uhhh... wasn't entirly sure what would happen." Bremen admits sheepishly.
"Anyway, we gain some new insight from the creature. First, why did it keep calling you flind Celia, and what was it you did that would get a speacially designed Inevitable chasing you?"

Saskia
2013-03-19, 06:01 PM
Celia scratches her cheek idly, looking at the now stone inevitable. It called me a flind same reason it called Jack o'er there a human. He ain't human now, but that's how he was born. I ain't a flind no more, but once upon a time my body was strong, tough, and fast. I'as a right empress for a while; lot o'land, lot o'people. Lot o'conquerin' after them Gruumsh and Maglubiyet priests lost their power. You'd be surprised how easy it is to break the will of an orc or goblin slave when he knows'is god abandoned'im. As she speaks, her eyes glaze over in reminiscence with a smile, though reality sets in again when a cold wind blows. Second, it got mad at me 'cause I found it. I jus', y'know, I found it when it was in the middle o'lookin' for somethin'. She takes a hard look at the inevitable as if making sure it wasn't going to move, her hand still cupped over her cheek. I reckon it found what it was lookin' for, though, she says, shooting a glance at Jack. Reckon its builder didn't quite know what it was up against. Them chains're magical, y'know, Celia says looking at Jack. Cold iron chains magicked up as the bane of folk like you.

Leonardo
2013-03-19, 07:21 PM
"Well, that raises some more questions. The obvious one is what changed you to a human. The more pressing, however, is who would have the power and inclination to create this and send it after Jack. I doubt it was one of the gods for a number of reasons. Whoever it is is certainly ahead of us in information. The rustbucket said something about the gods getting into a fight and going insane. The time seems to coinside with the time that the Far Realm creatures started coming through. Jack, did this person who performed the ritual seem like he had the power and inclination to perform the ritual himself, or was he acting under some else's power and direction?"

Strainseir
2013-03-19, 07:23 PM
Jack for a moment looks legitimately pissed. Not only was this thing lying but now it was stone. His fight with it was ended early. Either way he was claiming the head. He was going to try to snap the head off and carve the inside out enough to fit his head inside,"No concept is indestructible! Not even time! I turned back the judgement of the gods with nothing but my own will! Mortality is something to be transcended. Eve the gods are mortal. They will die just like you did!" Jack went about saying to the head as he attempted to clean it out.

I have honestly no idea what to roll? Craft Hat? Craft stonemason? Is there even a point in rolling?

Leonardo
2013-03-19, 08:02 PM
Bremen decides for Jack to return to a more lucid state before pressing the question.

PersonMan
2013-03-20, 06:09 AM
Yi slowly descends back to the ground, satisfied with the results of the battle. Another enemy of the gods defeated. Another step towards the time of their divinely granted paradise.

Morcleon
2013-03-20, 07:23 AM
Xun Depcit

With a grumble, Xun stands back up, his various wounds already starting to heal. "Curious," he gives Celia a smirk. "You certainly don't act much like a flind..."

He gives Jack a marginally annoyed glare. "What's he going on about now..."

Saskia
2013-03-20, 09:41 AM
Celia nods to Xun, still watching Jack's curious behavior. I'as never one much what acted like a flind, that's how I turned m'pack into somethin' greater'n'a bunch of mouthbreathin' barbarians. I gave'em structure and discipline, and turned my forty-six flinds and hunnerd-odd grunt gnolls into the core of an army what threatened the stability of Shandian directly. Orcs and goblins and ogres in front, o'course; gotta have the slaves an' th'very dumbest as the shock troops. She sighs heavily and continues 'Ventually, o'course, my inner gnoll did kick in an' I did somethin' stupid. We marched on Shandian without takin' outlyin' garrisons and what-all, and our advance force got massacred by the real Emperor's constructs'n'such. Made me mad, an' I moved a few o'my companion druids 'round in a boat. Whipped up a nice storm, flooded the city. Killed a lot'o'people. 'Course, my boat got ripped up by the storm, and we hadn't figured the obvious problem of Shandian havin' an underwater construct navy. We took out a good chunk of it, but we were overwhelmed. All of us died 'cept the one what had the sense to turn into a falcon and fly away 'stead'o gettin' killed. She shakes her head, almost laughing. That was about the dumbest thing could'a ever done. But my survivin' druid companion decided to resurrect me with what magic he had, and I got reincarnated as a human. Just as well, I suppose. I'as gettin' on in years, and a young human body's better'n'a decrepit old flind. Folk take better to you anyhow, an'after twenty years as a human you fig'ur out what is and ain't proper.

Strainseir
2013-03-20, 10:02 AM
Jack ends up getting frustrated. Instead of making a hate he just pounds on the head until he gets a little winded. It is at that time he came to fully realize how odd his behavior must have just been. Turning about, Jack looks to the group and smiles rather sheepishly,"I am quite sorry for that sudden outburst. My mind is not as clear as it once was. A few centuries or so of torture in hell can do some things to the mind. My memory is still top notch."

Leonardo
2013-03-20, 10:25 AM
"Jack, did this person who performed the ritual seem like he had the power and inclination to perform the ritual himself, or was he acting under some else's power and direction?"

Strainseir
2013-03-24, 09:59 PM
"He was not the man I grew up with anymore. When I saw him again his form was twisted. If it was power given to him or the old ones infesting him I do not know. We did not exactly have the chance to chat." Jack said wit ha light sigh.

Leonardo
2013-03-25, 08:28 AM
"Anyone have any ideas as to who build and programed the Inevitable?"

Saskia
2013-03-25, 09:21 AM
What, you plannin' t'go interrogate th' things what keep Mechanus runnin'? Celia's tone is light as she speaks, obviously finding the prospect ludicrous.

Leonardo
2013-03-25, 07:35 PM
"I am not certain that Mechanus was the only thing involved in this. The thing has undergone significant modifications for the express purpose of taking down Jack. Furthermore, it knew things that I doubt it would be informed of under normal conditions by its planar superiors. It is a long shot, but one worth speculating on."

Saskia
2013-03-27, 01:21 PM
Celia shrugs, her eyes still fixed on the inevitable's stony remains. Well, the one what did most o'them modifications was m'girl Adelaide. The knees, the lances, that was her. Said she had trouble changin' its directives, though. Adelaide wouldn't'a had reason to send it after Jack anyhow. Reckon it was after him from the start.

Leonardo
2013-03-28, 03:32 PM
"Am I to understand that the two of you captured an Inevitable and tried to take control of it?"

PersonMan
2013-03-29, 04:27 AM
Yi has remained silent since the battle concluded. Landing, she comes over to the others to listen to Celia's story. Her story sounded quite like the sort of thing she had seen since leaving her isolation. Bremen's idea that she and this Adelaide had attempted to gain control of the machine-warrior sounds entirely plausible to her - using a planar weapon, even one as inimical to their existence as the Inevitable, to do something like protect the city was not something she had seen before but if it worked it would make the area far safer.

Saskia
2013-03-29, 09:55 PM
Well, y'know... Celia scratches beneath her hair at the nape of her neck. Finally, she gives up on whatever she was trying to say, and admits simply Yeah. She nods down the street, toward the hole in the storefront that served as the inevitable's exit, folding her arms in front of her. Yeah. I brought it down, Adelaide tried t'get in its head an' fix it to guard the town. Figgurd if'n it could keep the town safe, me an' her an' Grod might be able t'get down'ere in Holstein, maybe recover some stuff. Was a temple'ere to th' Witch Goddess, but ain't nobody had been in it for a while. Priests'ere went crazy an' locked theirselves in. Couldn't nobody else get back in, folk said. She sighs and looks to the sky, squinting against the gentle snowfall. Figgurd maybe they had somethin' useful, but'at was a while back, and now I ain't got Adelaide to know what's worth draggin' out.

She shakes her head and looks down again to the inevitable, the broken cobbled street, and her own shop's rubble. Hell, this is a mess.

Morcleon
2013-03-29, 10:16 PM
Xun gives Celia a pensive look. "Then what happened to Adelaide? And perhaps in her absence we can help identify some of what's in the temple."

He takes a few steps toward the inevitable statue, and turns to face the group again. "And perhaps we should see about removing this," he nods over at the stone, "before we go about doing much else. Would anyone particularly mind the destruction of this statue?"

Saskia
2013-03-29, 10:38 PM
Celia looks down momentarily and adjusts her pack uncomfortably before meeting Xun's look. She started lookin' into the pseudos. Got real interested in usin'at construct for, ah, she pauses, her eyes immediately drawn to Xun's. Other purposes. To put it gentle, she lost her mind. Was my place to take care of'er, so I did, but she wouldn't; hell, maybe she couldn't stay away from them far realm books o'hers. She swallows hard, obviously becoming very uncomfortable. So I burned'em, and whatever shred o'sanity Adelaide had left in her went with'em. She raises one of her hands from the fold of her other arm, idly scratching at a tooth with her thumb nail. She adds softly, stumbling over her words, Magic, it, magic couldn't help her none. She was jus', broke. I had-uhm, I... had to put her down.

Morcleon
2013-03-29, 10:46 PM
Holding Celia's gaze, Xun nods slowly. "...ah." He gives the uncomfortable girl a sympathetic smile. "You still blame yourself for her death, right? You think you could have done something, anything, to save her, correct?"

"What's been done is done, and cannot be undone. Remember the past, but don't dwell on it. After all, the future is what awaits us."

Saskia
2013-03-29, 11:16 PM
Celia shakes her head. No. I don't. 'Member I ain't human by birth nor by rearin', jus' by chance. I don't feel loss and shame the same way. I killed her, but it ain't my fault. I wasn't ever her mama, it wasn't my place to make sure she was keepin' herself right. Never let on she needed help 'til it was too late. Celia shrugs, staring at the ground at an indeterminate distance. She brought it on herself. I want her back, but even if I could bring'er back, she'd be like she was when she died, and that ain't the Adelaide that Adelaide ever wanted to be, an' makin' her that way again? That would be my fault. She shakes her head again and looks to Xun. Ain't nobody untouched by all this, jus' ain't exactly a comfort rememb'rin' it.

Leonardo
2013-03-30, 09:35 AM
"So now we have the choice of going on to meet the Formain, which doesn't look as promising given that the originate from the same place as the Inevitable, or looking into this Witch God's Temple. Any thoughts?"

PersonMan
2013-04-03, 02:45 PM
"If we meet the Formians they may be able to provide us with information as to the nature of their battle with the Pure Ones. Unless I've missed something, we do not know what the nature of the things inside the so-called Witch God's temple may be. They could be useless, or destroyed," Yi says slowly, after considering the question for a few moments.

Saskia
2013-04-14, 11:12 AM
Well, Celia says, Reckon if we check out the temple there'll be somethin' of use'ere, bein' that they worshiped a god what promoted creation, or at least use of magic objects. The temple should be safe inside, but we couldn't teleport in directly. Got shunted out few dozen yards out. Rumors say there are still some of her agents in the world though, so it might still be guarded, but if it is they shouldn't be unfriendly. Terms o'the temple bein' locked up were mighty suspicious, at least. Even if it ain't, we're like to find somethin' could make use of. With a shrug she continues Formians ain't too welcomin', but they ought to know what's goin' on. Problem'd be jus' pryin' it out of'em. Took some hard hits, but overall you minced them critters pretty good at the gate. That kind o'power an' a common enemy should mean somethin' to'em, if they got half a brain amongst'em. Guess both options are dangerous, but reckon there might be good leads either way.

PersonMan
2013-04-15, 01:20 PM
"I have enough divine energy to bring us there, back and to these Formians as well, if need be, without exhausting my ability to teleport us," Yi says after a moment's consideration. "How far is this temple from here?"

Saskia
2013-04-15, 04:02 PM
Down in th' valley, in'at ruined town, on th' west end. Biggest buildin' there, hard t'miss but could also be hard to get to. Celia takes a deep breath, turning to fog in the cold morning air. Still th'issue o'that blizzard though. Like I said, strange weather ain't been allowin' much in the way o' travel, magic or no. If we get stuck in Holstein it'll be death tryin' t' move out until it passes, so it's doubtful whether we could get out to see the formians for a few days, but at least'ere's plenty o'shelter. If the formians don't let us in though, we may not have such an easy time findin' respite once'at storm rolls in.